Dragon Hunter DPS

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

I already answered it in some topic – how I usually handle shatter mesmer when playing dh. Preset traps on a spot and go near spot behind some obstacle. I just LoSing mesmer or any other ranged class. If enemy comes to contest spot (it is not duel on the beach of 1×1 server) – here we go (doesn’t matter if mesmer even dodged or blocked traps). If mesmer still stay range – np, dh has better ranged pressure (mesmer’s sustain ranged dps is pretty crappy – if kill berserker/los berserker cast – and this is not a problem for DH). DH team getting points meanwhile. Clones and berseker works for DH sake to trigger trap heal and die.
Mesmer can dodge/invuln everything (melee or range), but at the end he would be out of dodges and CDs, while DH sits on fresh(or close to) CDs. Shatter crono has least sustain amongst elites.
“Self-respecting” shatter mesmer wouldn’t die to “self-respecting” dh cause disengage from fight and run away. I little exaggerate, but imho mesmer has low chances to win decent dh on spot. Still can though, but required to significantly outplay DH.
I admit that possibly still not adapted to HoTchanges though. Haven’t spent much time at pvp lately.

(edited by Mak.2657)

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

SlayerSixx, now you’re just talking nonsense that is statistically incorrect. You do not have as many CCs as your last post indicated and you do not have more fury uptime than the build I am using.

I don’t normally do this but you’re quite the pompous user. If you want to DH vs. DH me 1v1, let’s do it and I’ll fraps the event and post it in this thread. Let me know.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

This is simple ridiculous hahaha and hilarious wtf

I love reading the DH players desperately trying to defend this kind of thing and write it off as l2p.

Personally I say keep DH as is, but please, please make Ranger traps this OP, er, I mean, this totally reasonable and balanced. I too want to post on forums saying just dodge out of my traps that daze and interrupt dodging, l2p, and one-shot? that’s SCI-FI.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Btw… people defending traps… but… seriously… if U-T-I-L-I-T-Y nearly passive skills can kill players then something is wrong. Combat should be based on weapon skills.

So… probably DH should get some damage moved from traps to longbow. Probably it should require traps equipped so they wouldn’t be dead utilities.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Btw… people defending traps… but… seriously… if U-T-I-L-I-T-Y nearly passive skills can kill players then something is wrong. Combat should be based on weapon skills.

So… probably DH should get some damage moved from traps to longbow. Probably it should require traps equipped so they wouldn’t be dead utilities.

LB is already the highest damage ranged weapon in the game.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Mes GS deals more damage.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Mes GS deals more damage.

If you are at 900+ range and they leave Berserkers alive.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Uh….i’m fairly certain Hammer auto on Rev is the highest….

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Uh….i’m fairly certain Hammer auto on Rev is the highest….

No one has written aftercast time on the wiki so I don’t know but it is slower and to compare LB is higher on wiki. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hammer_Bolt
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Puncture_Shot

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Actually, the wiki is wrong. Here’s a picture of both auto’s with the same power of 2375

Edit: Revenant’s is much higher and is a guaranteed projectile finisher every time whereas Long bow is only 20%.

Attachments:

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Actually, the wiki is wrong. Here’s a picture of both auto’s with the same power of 2375

Edit: Revenant’s is much higher and is a guaranteed projectile finisher every time whereas Long bow is only 20%.

Well even if they are wrong LB still feels quite a bit faster than hammer but no one has tested the real attack speed of hammer.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Upon further inspection as of 11/3/2015, I have decided that the Dragon Hunter is a better Ranger than a Ranger “which is funny because the Ranger is now a better Guardian than a Guardian”.

I told my friend who’s a main guard: “If i were still a ranger, I’d roll a Dragon Hunter” he: “But Dragon Hunter is a guard!” me: “Well, he’s a better Ranger than a Ranger.” He wasn’t amused to say the least…

ETA: And btw I pushed perfectly today – I’m a squishy impatient yolo thief and was annoyed by the chickendance of the zerg before and the one behind me, so I pushed into the enemy zerg and right into a DH trap.. that was fun! I do wonder if the “we need more Necros” cries are going to be replaced by “We need more Dragon Rangers!!” Happy pirate ship, guys!

(edited by Jana.6831)

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Just put a longer cast time on the traps and make them blockable. Damage can remain high with all the benefits too. But this instant damage in one place that cant be blocked nor dodged out of without stability is overpowered and embarrassing to see in a competitive spvp environment.

There is no counterplay to an instant teleport on top of you and all of that laid at your feet in less than 3 seconds. That’s not competitive play, that’s cheese; and even the most damage oriented profession in full zerk couldn’t achieve the things a DH can in the wettest of dreams.

People aren’t playing DH to be competitive, they’re playing it because it’s easy. If Arena Net really wants to create a competitive environment; counter play has to exist.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

It exist though. Condi heavy builds/ high sustain imho. Mb not hardcounter, only soft. Idk about revenant, but scraper has good chances against dh e.g.. But dtill dh seems little too rewarding.

(edited by Mak.2657)

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Just put a longer cast time on the traps and make them blockable. Damage can remain high with all the benefits too. But this instant damage in one place that cant be blocked nor dodged out of without stability is overpowered and embarrassing to see in a competitive spvp environment.

There is no counterplay to an instant teleport on top of you and all of that laid at your feet in less than 3 seconds. That’s not competitive play, that’s cheese; and even the most damage oriented profession in full zerk couldn’t achieve the things a DH can in the wettest of dreams.

People aren’t playing DH to be competitive, they’re playing it because it’s easy. If Arena Net really wants to create a competitive environment; counter play has to exist.

All traps can be dodged or stun broken. Even Dragon’s Maw you can trigger and avoid with a dodge.

I fail to see the issue if you can’t be bothered to learn such a thing. Players such as yourself deserve to die if you’re just standing in them.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

second dodge when you saw trap animation coming?…Its your fault. I can just quote that DH : “l2p or l2dodge”

He would probably be inside the Maw at that point and his dodge would be interrupted if he wasn’t already being pulled.

Nah, he just got owned. DH is not to blame, he had 1 dodge left, could use it but he didn’t. Simple as that. No dodge = you die. Stop complaining and learn to play.

Please learn your class, you can’t dodge while trapped inside a barrier because it gets interrupted. If he is already being pulled at the end of the dodge then he would have to stun break and then dodge with an inhuman reaction time but he still might be already hitting the barrier wall at that point since he dodged into the middle of the Maw.

There’s a delay before the Maw closes. It’s plenty of time to dodge out of it, really.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

glaphen.5230

second dodge when you saw trap animation coming?…Its your fault. I can just quote that DH : “l2p or l2dodge”

He would probably be inside the Maw at that point and his dodge would be interrupted if he wasn’t already being pulled.

Nah, he just got owned. DH is not to blame, he had 1 dodge left, could use it but he didn’t. Simple as that. No dodge = you die. Stop complaining and learn to play.

Please learn your class, you can’t dodge while trapped inside a barrier because it gets interrupted. If he is already being pulled at the end of the dodge then he would have to stun break and then dodge with an inhuman reaction time but he still might be already hitting the barrier wall at that point since he dodged into the middle of the Maw.

There’s a delay before the Maw closes. It’s plenty of time to dodge out of it, really.

There was no time for him to dodge out of it since it was stuck in the dodge animation going into it, by the time he could dodge if he wasn’t being pulled the moment the dodge ended the Maw would probably close before he dodged out of range.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Did the DH in that vid set those traps up behind the Engi, anticipating a dodge roll back into them? If so, that’s a good read. Sure, the damage might be too high, but isn’t that also all of that DH’s utilities?

Just seems like a burst cheese build. Those usually blow up in fads, then dissipate when people get bored. They probably do a bit too much damage at the moment, though.

Likely set them there because that’s where people to to run to get to the point so they’d run through that while he hits with LB and he can immediately replace traps at point once they are passed. It’s very much a burst cheese… reminiscent of frenzy+100b warriors.

The higher your rating goes the less you see that, usually Maw gets dropped and PoB also gets dropped in favor of more meditation which grant better sustain and utility at the cost of minor amounts of damage.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

teleports actually bypass alot of things without a problem (test of faith, dragon’s maw, wells, walls, etc)

Just so you know, rings (static field, ring of fire for example) and traps are triggered by teleports.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Shadowstep-crossing-rings-or-barriers/first#post5726633

Tbh it’s a lot fun as a thief shadowsteping behind a DH and get instakill by traps you did not even cross, but appeared to be between the shadowstep startpoint and endpoint.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Did the DH in that vid set those traps up behind the Engi, anticipating a dodge roll back into them? If so, that’s a good read. Sure, the damage might be too high, but isn’t that also all of that DH’s utilities?

Just seems like a burst cheese build. Those usually blow up in fads, then dissipate when people get bored. They probably do a bit too much damage at the moment, though.

Likely set them there because that’s where people to to run to get to the point so they’d run through that while he hits with LB and he can immediately replace traps at point once they are passed. It’s very much a burst cheese… reminiscent of frenzy+100b warriors.

The higher your rating goes the less you see that, usually Maw gets dropped and PoB also gets dropped in favor of more meditation which grant better sustain and utility at the cost of minor amounts of damage.

Interestingly, I also thought Frenzy+100B wasn’t that big of a deal. No one really knew what they were doing back then and couldn’t be bothered to bring a stun break or dodge the animation. Quickness was a bit over the top, I’d say, but that whole scenario was blown way out of proportion (in my opinion).

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

All traps can be dodged or stun broken. Even Dragon’s Maw you can trigger and avoid with a dodge.

I fail to see the issue if you can’t be bothered to learn such a thing. Players such as yourself deserve to die if you’re just standing in them.

That’s not the problem. Read. The problem is the ability to put all of those traps at your feet after an instant teleport. You cant counter something that happens instantly.

You can teleport ONTO someone drop all traps in under 3 seconds.

Add a longer cast time to the traps and all of these problems are solved.

Burn guard at least had counter play.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

What I like about DH is that it now has more versatility and firepower to compete with other classes. what you’re suggesting is to make them subpar compared to say scrapper, reaper, berserker, chronomacers and thief. Do you know how hard it is to kill those druids and reapers without traps and longbow skills? its super hard especially when they can tank and kite with minions all over the place

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Problem is that there are some professions/builds that are very good for pvp, and there are some “really bad”.

DH is a good example of " good pvp build/profession" due to the fact that fights are held in small points. But in wvw they start to melt instantly. Problem is this part. Not every build/profession can handle herself well in spvp because Anet still can not grasp the immense advantage/disadvantage table in spvp. DH has an advantage of small points (if you leave the point, she gets the “point”. Got it:) )

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Problem is that there are some professions/builds that are very good for pvp, and there are some “really bad”.

DH is a good example of " good pvp build/profession" due to the fact that fights are held in small points. But in wvw they start to melt instantly. Problem is this part. Not every build/profession can handle herself well in spvp because Anet still can not grasp the immense advantage/disadvantage table in spvp. DH has an advantage of small points (if you leave the point, she gets the “point”. Got it:) )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everything is still being “balanced” around Conquest, and Stronghold isn’t much different where builds that allow you to camp have a huge advantage.

Stella Truth Seeker

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

There’s no viable argument for such strong traps. And if so make their cooldown 120 seconds, like u’d do that on any other class.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

There’s no viable argument for such strong traps. And if so make their cooldown 120 seconds, like u’d do that on any other class.

I just LoL’d.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I just LoL’d.

Condis can be removed, direct damage can’t. Also u have time to use a heal skill, whereas with DH traps u don’z have. Ranger traps don’t daze you…

No you didn’t.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

I just LoL’d.

Condis can be removed, direct damage can’t. Also u have time to use a heal skill, whereas with DH traps u don’z have. Ranger traps don’t daze you…

No you didn’t.

If you put 3 traps you dont have condi removals, oh you have and its 1 sec cast time…1 sec in pvp is eternity.

You can remove direct dmg of traps with just 1 or 2 dodges.
You dodge bro?

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

People defending DH traps need a shave in real life..

Phaatonn, London UK

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

To be fair, it’s Movember, which means I’m not shaving as a shoutout to prostate cancer awareness.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Actually I do need to shave.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Another Dragon Hunter was caught on film today at mid point using his traps.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Dragon Hunter DPS

in PvP

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

Its cool tho, after us DH players get nerfed, next FOTM will be necro, after he gets nerfed, Rev, after that Druid etkittenil we all only fight with 2 skills, auto attack and defend

(edited by Wing.5487)