Dragon's tooth bugged

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

So i’ve had it a couple times already whenever I go down or when I’m CC’d dragon’s tooth does no damage. Just 2 mins ago I would have won a 2v1 if my dragon’s tooth damaged his down body before his teammate could ress him. It’s the second fire skill on scepter from elementalist.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon's_Tooth

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

It’s been bugged like this forever, it’s awful. Even if you dodge roll after casting dragon’s tooth it will do no damage.

The game bug forums are typically a better place to get a response for this kind of thing, though. That being said, I’d be amazed if Anet wasn’t aware of the bug as it has been in the game… since the beginning?

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I played with Dragon’s Tooth a bit after reading this post. If you cancel-cast Dragon’s Tooth or get interrupted in any way while casting it, the animation for DT will still complete, but it will not actually do damage. The skill will be put on a 4s CD rather than 6s. This is working kind of like how rez banner (Battle Standard) worked for warriors previously. So, in essence, the skill is doing damage when it should, but the animation can be misleading if you didn’t actually get the full cast off.

I’ll write myself a note to bring it up on Monday. Thanks!

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Is it possible that earth-2 on staff has the same problem?

edit: thanks for the info Josh … that might explain it

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Wait, if you interrupt a gamechanging skill like Battle Standard it only goes into 4 second cooldown? Where’s the punishment/reward? Seriously?

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

I don’t believe Grouch, I want to see a legit vod of him playing Ele!

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Wait, if you interrupt a gamechanging skill like Battle Standard it only goes into 4 second cooldown? Where’s the punishment/reward? Seriously?

4 seconds is plenty time to put a stomp on someone.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

I played with Dragon’s Tooth a bit after reading this post. If you cancel-cast Dragon’s Tooth or get interrupted in any way while casting it, the animation for DT will still complete, but it will not actually do damage. The skill will be put on a 4s CD rather than 6s. This is working kind of like how rez banner (Battle Standard) worked for warriors previously. So, in essence, the skill is doing damage when it should, but the animation can be misleading if you didn’t actually get the full cast off.

Had to test for myself. It turns out the Dragon’s Tooth > dodge was actually fixed at some point! Guess that fix was snuck in an update — it’s been too long since I’ve played my ele, clearly.

The animation change would actually be immensely appreciated, Josh. Thanks for posting in this thread!

P.S. I am actually still getting the 6 second cooldown, even when canceling/being interrupted, unsure why my cooldown recharge would work differently than yours…?

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Had to test for myself. It turns out the Dragon’s Tooth > dodge was actually fixed at some point! Guess that fix was snuck in an update — it’s been too long since I’ve played my ele, clearly.

The animation change would actually be immensely appreciated, Josh. Thanks for posting in this thread!

P.S. I am actually still getting the 6 second cooldown, even when canceling/being interrupted, unsure why my cooldown recharge would work differently than yours…?

I can confirm. Full 6 second cooldown if i dodge right after casting the skill and no dmg to the target.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Can you add Static Discharge to that note?

I always was curious if it is intended that toolbelts that do not require a target will make the lightning bolt just go straight forward with you camera angle (which pracitcally means the ground most of the time) and not towards the selected target.

Then again if this is going to be fixed you might want to remove “detonate turret” from the list that triggers discharge and it might need a nerf in general.

Also Flamethrowers Flame Blast should detonate when hitting surfaces and you promised us to do something with FT5 a long time ago.

Btw you are communicating so much more with us than any other dev. Love it!

(edited by Dojo.1867)

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I always was curious if it is intended that toolbelts that do not require a target will make the lightning bolt just go straight forward with you camera angle (which pracitcally means the ground most of the time) and not towards the selected target.

Then again if this is going to be fixed you might want to remove “detonate turret” from the list that triggers discharge and it might need a nerf in general.

Also Flamethrowers Flame Blast should detonate when hitting surfaces and you promised us to do something with FT5 a long time ago.

Thing about SD is, you run the risk of making Toss Elixir S useless since it just flies of into a target when you toss it trying to stealth yourself.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

What do you mean by “full cast” and “while casting it”, the 1 second casting time of the skill itself, or the entire animation’s duration that continues to play after the skill is fully casted and until it hits the ground?

Because the skill will deal no damage in both scenarios. DT will do nothing even if it isn’t interrupted or cancel-casted, as long as you get CC’d after it. And by then, no 4 second cooldown will trigger, because for all other purposes, the skill was already casted before the interrupt came in.

If, for example, you cast DT and then Fire Grab, and if your opponent interrupts not your DT, but your Fire Grab only, DT will still deal no damage if it didn’t hit the ground yet. And it doesn’t makes any intuitive sense this way. You have already “fired it off”, you have already gone through its natural casting time without nobody interrupting it, so if it is still meant to deal no damage, then the design behind the skill is not very intuitive, I think.

Like, can a bow’s shot be interrupted when the arrow is already in the middle of the air? I honestly don’t know the answer for this question, but intuitively, it makes sense that if you CC a bow user and interrupt their next shotting animation skill, the arrow already flying should still hit. Same logic for DT.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

What do you mean by “full cast” and “while casting it”, the 1 second casting time of the skill itself, or the entire animation’s duration that continues to play after the skill is fully casted and until it hits the ground?

Because the skill will deal no damage in both scenarios. DT will do nothing even if it isn’t interrupted or cancel-casted, as long as you get CC after it. If, for example, you cast DT and Fire Grab right after it, and if your opponent interrupts not your DT, but your Fire Grab especifically, DT will still deal no damage if it didn’t hit the ground yet. It doesn’t makes any intuitive sense this way. You have already “fired it off”, you have already gone through its natural casting time, if it is still meant to deal no damage, then the design behind the skill is not very intuitive.

Once the loading bar disappears it should do damage regardless if you’re down/cc’d. I’ll try to pay attention to this in the future if that’s actually the case.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Once the loading bar disappears it should do damage regardless if you’re down/cc’d. I’ll try to pay attention to this in the future if that’s actually the case.

Nope, it hasn’t been working for me since sometime during beta. :P So unless it was stealth fixed recently, it should still not work.

It’s very annoying, as there were many situations where I could have downed someone the moment they started to cc and burst me down and DT was already fully casted, but the tooth simply dropped into the ground for no damage and I was the one downed instead.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Thing about SD is, you run the risk of making Toss Elixir S useless since it just flies of into a target when you toss it trying to stealth yourself.

Deselect target or don’t include both in the build if you don’t want that to happen.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

4 seconds is plenty time to put a stomp on someone.

Yeah, that’s a friggin’ eternity.

Either way, I think you’re missing the point of Quickfoot’s post…

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

After reading through the responses, I decided to log into our test client from home and try to reproduce some of the claims here. (This got me out of cleaning the kitchen, thanks guys.)

• Interrupted DT is going on a 6s cooldown rather than 4 – I stand corrected!
  • As for DT doing no damage if you’re interrupted AFTER the cast finishes, I was unable to reproduce this. I tried CC’ing myself with Head Shot, Fear Me, and Earthshaker. I tried casting DT and interrupting subsequent casts (Fire Grab, for example) and I wasn’t able to get DT to fail, either. Every time I fully completed the cast the damage would land.

/Goes back to cleaning the kitchen…

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Josh, I just want to say that I think you’re doing a great job. Really, in my eyes, doing a great job at getting the pvp scene back up to standards. Thanks for being there for this community – much love.

IF ANET LETS YOU GO, I DON’T EVEN

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

• As for DT doing no damage if you’re interrupted AFTER the cast finishes, I was unable to reproduce this. I tried CC’ing myself with Head Shot, Fear Me, and Earthshaker. I tried casting DT and interrupting subsequent casts (Fire Grab, for example) and I wasn’t able to get DT to fail, either. Every time I fully completed the cast the damage would land

This is very weird, because it always happened to me and is a very known bug in the elementalist forum. Maybe it was stealth fixed recently?

I’ve got to test it out tomorrow and take some pics, if no one doesn’t until then. Although it’s much harder to reproduce and take a print screen in normal gameplay.

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If you CCed during cast, it does no damage
If you CCed after cast, it does damage.

The only problem is the animation goes on when it shouldnt.

But many ppl already suggesting the DT to be changed to be more reliable. So while you are on it, it will be very welcomed if you tweak this skill.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

Could it be ping related?

Dragon's tooth bugged

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Why doesn’t interrupting a skill disable the skill for the duration of it’s cooldown?

Can this game stop catering so much so casual/spammy play and start getting more skillful?