Dragonhunter too easy.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

All I know it’s nice to have a viable DPS build on Guardian. Sorry, power medi was not viable at high end play, sure you could make it work, but there are better and more viable choices.

I don’t known what are you talking about; I’m still playing physical medi guard after the trait changes of 6/23 and based on my experience DH is as beatable by regular medi guards as the fire guard builds.

I known, I’m at best a mediocre player and “cant realze the true potential of DH in high level play” bs, BUT (and is a big but) I remember when Orange Logo came to the last big tournaments with two zerk guards only to get rolfstomped in the finals.

DH had a horrible name, a ludricous lore and are a lot more fragile than the medi zerk guard.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

All I know it’s nice to have a viable DPS build on Guardian. Sorry, power medi was not viable at high end play, sure you could make it work, but there are better and more viable choices.

I don’t known what are you talking about; I’m still playing physical medi guard after the trait changes of 6/23 and based on my experience DH is as beatable by regular medi guards as the fire guard builds.

I known, I’m at best a mediocre player and “cant realze the true potential of DH in high level play” bs, BUT (and is a big but) I remember when Orange Logo came to the last big tournaments with two zerk guards only to get rolfstomped in the finals.

DH had a horrible name, a ludricous lore and are a lot more fragile than the medi zerk guard.

DH by default is more tanky than a normal Guardian, double F2 activated heal, block skill on F3, stun break trait that dazes and gives 6 stacks of aegis, trap stun break that gives 5 stacks of aegis, both giving stability. Just that trap and the trait alone give more aegis per 36 seconds than all aegis sources combined.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Shemie.4286

Shemie.4286

Hey guys, I must say that those who still defends DH – please do go play something else that requires skill. You even see in high level of play, people simply CAN’T DODGE the trap – the way dragonhunter in high lvl is played. It also applies to lower level. If a dragonhunter is guarding the node and you SAW him place the traps. What do you do? Your team is already losing by 200 points, anything you do, you have nothing to lose. There’s something you gotta do, right? You simply dont have the time to wait out for the traps or start talking in teamchat, nobody is going to listen. So instead, you wait and wait, the enemy points starts to reach 500. It’s only a matter of a minute until you lose, now what the hell do you? Given how the Dragonhunter is, your only choice is to go all in, either you kill him or you don’t. There’s nothing inbetween, you can say “l2 dodge” but you know what? I’ll glady take challenges, I’ll go on my Dragonhunter and sit on a node while you need to take the node away from me, alright? Easier said than done.

Even if enemy points aren’t even close to 500, but let’s say 100, and your team has …30. You’re still 70 points behind, by 2-1 default. You know that you to win and get attention from the other players, so your teammates can cap mid, a play must be required for you to win – and if you die, you just made it a lot harder for you and your team. You’re trying to make a play, but each second is still ticking. If you don’t kill him now, you’ll never kill him. He’ll sit on the node during the fight with you, so your chance is to try and dodge the traps of course, but the longer you fight, the weaker you get. Either now during the fight or right after, the enemy team comes to help.

Now if you picture this situation during a 1v1, where you can fully focus on the fight and not how your team is doing, how many points enemy team is winning, and how far your team is losing. Sure, if you’re good mechanically you can win over 50% of the times. But that’s not happening in a game, where all the other factors come into play – in your hands.

That is exactly why I’m saying Dragonhunter is way to easy to play in sPvp, I’m not even counting 1vs1 servers, where they can get rekt anyday.

(edited by Shemie.4286)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Hey guys, I must say that those who still defends DH – please do go play something else that requires skill. You even see in high level of play, people simply CAN’T DODGE the trap – the way dragonhunter in high lvl is played. It also applies to lower level. If a dragonhunter is guarding the node and you SAW him place the traps. What do you do? Your team is already losing by 200 points, anything you do, you have nothing to lose. There’s something you gotta do, right? You simply dont have the time to wait out for the traps or start talking in teamchat, nobody is going to listen. So instead, you wait and wait, the enemy points starts to reach 500. It’s only a matter of a minute until you lose, now what the hell do you? Given how the Dragonhunter is, your only choice is to go all in, either you kill him or you don’t. There’s nothing inbetween, you can say “l2 dodge” but you know what? I’ll glady take challenges, I’ll go on my Dragonhunter and sit on a node while you need to take the node away from me, alright? Easier said than done.

Even if enemy points aren’t even close to 500, but let’s say 100, and your team has …30. You’re still 70 points behind, by 2-1 default. You know that you to win and get attention from the other players, so your teammates can cap mid, a play must be required for you to win – and if you die, you just made it a lot harder for you and your team. You’re trying to make a play, but each second is still ticking. If you don’t kill him now, you’ll never kill him. He’ll sit on the node during the fight with you, so your chance is to try and dodge the traps of course, but the longer you fight, the weaker you get. Either now during the fight or right after, the enemy team comes to help.

Now if you picture this situation during a 1v1, where you can fully focus on the fight and not how your team is doing, how many points enemy team is winning, and how far your team is losing. Sure, if you’re good mechanically you can win over 50% of the times. But that’s not happening in a game, where all the other factors come into play – in your hands.

That is exactly why I’m saying Dragonhunter is way to easy to play in sPvp, I’m not even counting 1vs1 servers, where they can get rekt anyday.

If you think DH is superior OP just go make yourself DH and play it, when you get rekt just go to your usual class and get better. Before judging anything you just try it for like 100 matches and then say its OP. Until than your point is invalid and ignored.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Arionell.3574

Arionell.3574

The question is not if there are counters. The question is if there should be a class that is tat easy to play. It is extremely primitive playstyle.

Say that to the revenant.
Also: ANYTHING other then mesmer or ele is easy to play. Have you played anything outside of your box? MAYBE engineer as well but every other single class is easy to play aside from those 3. Warrior is even worse then DH or revenant.

Anything other mesmer or ele is easy to play? D*fak you talking about? Ele is literally easiest class to play in PvP, and Mesmer players are thinking like they doing something, outplaying players etc. while all they do is leaving their decoys and watching people die in suffer. YOU should go out from your kitten*ng box dude.

Warrior’s ONLY GS/Hammer build is harder than whole ele profession.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

… no one uses them still apart from the few mesmers with mirror.

all i see now days are people using the old methods of Damage is best you won’t see many Reflects now days.

Sounds to me like people are still learning to deal with new class abilities and the meta hasn’t shifted yet. I’m no expert and it’s possible the traps are dealing too much damage, but complaining something is OP because it does well vs. old meta when the whole game has just changed is disingenuous.

Give it a little time for people to learn and adapt first.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

… no one uses them still apart from the few mesmers with mirror.

all i see now days are people using the old methods of Damage is best you won’t see many Reflects now days.

Sounds to me like people are still learning to deal with new class abilities and the meta hasn’t shifted yet. I’m no expert and it’s possible the traps are dealing too much damage, but complaining something is OP because it does well vs. old meta when the whole game has just changed is disingenuous.

Give it a little time for people to learn and adapt first.

I’ll give it as much time as Minstrel’s received, oh wait that was introduced on the same day DH was.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

If you think DH is superior OP just go make yourself DH and play it, when you get rekt just go to your usual class and get better. Before judging anything you just try it for like 100 matches and then say its OP. Until than your point is invalid and ignored.

Another guy who probably rerolled and made Dragonhunter as his main. And yes, I tried Dragonhunter today and still didn’t have problems either kiting or killing. Still simple, too much rewards and pretty much forgiving if you do eff up. You don’t need 100 matches to decide wether a class is op or not, if you need 100 then you’re pretty much slowlearner and just simply bad. I did not get rekt, but I lost a couple of matches, but I wouldn’t say I go rekt in 1vs1 on nodes, that’s where I won hard, 70%ish of the times.

The reason I don’t main one is because it’s to easy to play, and I do not play anything that is superior to others just for the sake of winning. That’s like going to a tournament and win all your matches by walkover, that’s how boring it is to win with a Dragonhunter, knowing that you did so little for your team, other than holding a node with your utilies, yet you still win. I’m not that guy who’d cry without specific reasons and understanding of a class, because I either suck in sPvp, rekt the enemy or in general my enemy is outplaying me because he is good, not cause of his class. Anybody can do good or decently to carry your team to victory. Why do you think many teams run at least 1 dragonhunter, 1 ele, and 2 rev as their team comp? It’s not because they find them fun, but to play anything possible that will make them win, which are the “strongest” professions out there at the moment. But this doesn’t ignore the fact that Dragonhunter is the #1 op profession.

I never cried about revenant, I never cried about tempest, I never cried about scrapper, I never cried about berserker and I never cried about druid. When it comes down to a chronomancer, they’re ok – tons of block/evade utility and stealth, but still higher chance of winning than against a DH. I think they’re fine, I think everything else is fine EXCEPT for Dragonhunter, as the only elite spec I find op. That says alot about me.

Have fun with your Dragonhunter

(edited by Shemie.4286)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I never cried about revenant, I never cried about tempest, I never cried about scrapper, I never cried about berserker and I never cried about druid. I think everything else is fine EXCEPT for Dragonhunter, as the only elite spec I find op. That says alot about me.

So what all this says about you is that you are crying about DH.

I guess that makes you a cry baby.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

I never cried about revenant, I never cried about tempest, I never cried about scrapper, I never cried about berserker and I never cried about druid. I think everything else is fine EXCEPT for Dragonhunter, as the only elite spec I find op. That says alot about me.

So what all this says about you is that you are crying about DH.

I guess that makes you a cry baby.

Crying over one class out of how many others that people complain about daily? Sure, makes me a crybaby. There’s a big difference complaining about one specific class and calling every other elite professions for “OP”, but I’ll give you 10 cents for the nice try. Good luck next time.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

1. Its impossible to dodge trap in group fight..jump in spam trap
2. Theres no way u can see what trap they put
3. You can dodge 4 times they can only need 1 to kill u
4. Its balance 1v1 fighting a range class but in spvp we need to balance base on team plat

Druid is nerf base on teamplay ( their healing amulet remove)
Reaper is nerf base on teamplay
So how about dh

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Another guy who probably rerolled and made Dragonhunter as his main. And yes, I tried Dragonhunter today and still didn’t have problems either kiting or killing. Still simple, too much rewards and pretty much forgiving if you do eff up. You don’t need 100 matches to decide wether a class is op or not, if you need 100 then you’re pretty much slowlearner and just simply bad. I did not get rekt, but I lost a couple of matches, but I wouldn’t say I go rekt in 1vs1 on nodes, that’s where I won hard, 70%ish of the times.

The reason I don’t main one is because it’s to easy to play, and I do not play anything that is superior to others just for the sake of winning. That’s like going to a tournament and win all your matches by walkover, that’s how boring it is to win with a Dragonhunter, knowing that you did so little for your team, other than holding a node with your utilies, yet you still win. I’m not that guy who’d cry without specific reasons and understanding of a class, because I either suck in sPvp, rekt the enemy or in general my enemy is outplaying me because he is good, not cause of his class. Anybody can do good or decently to carry your team to victory. Why do you think many teams run at least 1 dragonhunter, 1 ele, and 2 rev as their team comp? It’s not because they find them fun, but to play anything possible that will make them win, which are the “strongest” professions out there at the moment. But this doesn’t ignore the fact that Dragonhunter is the #1 op profession.

I never cried about revenant, I never cried about tempest, I never cried about scrapper, I never cried about berserker and I never cried about druid. When it comes down to a chronomancer, they’re ok – tons of block/evade utility and stealth, but still higher chance of winning than against a DH. I think they’re fine, I think everything else is fine EXCEPT for Dragonhunter, as the only elite spec I find op. That says alot about me.

So you cant beat DH and yo ucan beat other classes which you don’t think they are op? I said 100 matches because in 100 matches 70% times you wil lface scrub and noob players who just try to facestomp you but die from traps, another 30% will rekt you with or without traps-those are ranked experienced ppl.

Unranked is not real testing ground for DH. Wait for ranked matches.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

The question is not if there are counters. The question is if there should be a class that is tat easy to play. It is extremely primitive playstyle.

Say that to the revenant.
Also: ANYTHING other then mesmer or ele is easy to play. Have you played anything outside of your box? MAYBE engineer as well but every other single class is easy to play aside from those 3. Warrior is even worse then DH or revenant.

Anything other mesmer or ele is easy to play? D*fak you talking about? Ele is literally easiest class to play in PvP, and Mesmer players are thinking like they doing something, outplaying players etc. while all they do is leaving their decoys and watching people die in suffer. YOU should go out from your kitten*ng box dude.

Warrior’s ONLY GS/Hammer build is harder than whole ele profession.

Then I must be best player ever as warrior(ANYTHING WARRIOR) is stupidly easy and anyone saying it’s hard needs to l2p.
Ele used to be hard as kitten when I played ele..haven’t played ele for +1 year so I dunno but I asume you still need to switch atunements like mad.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Once you learn the basic rotations on D/D cele, you’re already packing more heat than a majority of builds. The difference between a skilled dd ele and an OK one is their ability to land skills like fire grab and w.e that earth knockdown is.

Warrior, contrary to popular belief, takes more skill to pull of than it takes for mesmer. Warrior has very little active defense. Warrior has no teleports. A majority of warrior’s skills are ridiculously telegraphed. These are all factors that make or break a build at top tier and these are things that mesmer excells at in comparison to warrior.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

DH needs to have some of its damage toned down. Main offenders are longbow #2, #4 and #5. The weapon offers way too much damage compared to the amount of CC the same build has.

The traps are not fun to fight against. Visual cues are missing especially in the heat of the battle. In WvWvW things are even worse. One can mesmer can stealth several DH guardians which lay a lot of traps. Instant death to anybody who isn’t running a tanky build.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

So you cant beat DH and yo ucan beat other classes which you don’t think they are op? I said 100 matches because in 100 matches 70% times you wil lface scrub and noob players who just try to facestomp you but die from traps, another 30% will rekt you with or without traps-those are ranked experienced ppl.

Unranked is not real testing ground for DH. Wait for ranked matches.

Of course I can beat Dragonhunter, but it’s going to take me 200% more effort to even kill one, with a less chance in percentage. When you watch the pro leagues, even the Dragonhunters are dominating there. What is there more to say? Ranked ranked ranked, you do meet people who spam ranked daily, in unranked now that it’s disabled. It’s not like majority of the playerbase is high mmr anyways, so the point is kinda invalid. Many people will stay and remain in the lowest mmr as possible, while only a few will go up (Not enough players to have correct MMR)

If I have to tell you something, I’ll believe in Anet for once, when the ranked que is up and running again in mid-november, a balance patch will be applied – hopefully less dmg on traps and more animations at least, so we can dodge it during teamfights.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

DH needs to have some of its damage toned down. Main offenders are longbow #2, #4 and #5. The weapon offers way too much damage compared to the amount of CC the same build has.

The traps are not fun to fight against. Visual cues are missing especially in the heat of the battle. In WvWvW things are even worse. One can mesmer can stealth several DH guardians which lay a lot of traps. Instant death to anybody who isn’t running a tanky build.

At least someone brings up specific conclusions to why DH is so rewarding with less effort, and more forgiving if you do eff up (tons of dmg dealt)

Considering the #2 is auto-target and not skillshot makes it a nukehouse. The #4 is okay, because it’s not autotarget but a skillshot you have to aim yourself. The projectile is not that fast, so it’s dodgeable. #5 on the other hand can cover a whole node alone, because the radius and range of that skill is so huge. Basically you’re forced out of it, while they DH will run into it – place traps and just wait.

I cant believe some people actually think DH doesn’t need a tweak here and there in their kit. Are they that delusional and afraid of losing DH as their new main? That seems to be the question, cause the amount of players crying over DH (like me apparently, psh) than players asking for a buff on berserker is close to zero.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

At least someone brings up specific conclusions to why DH is so rewarding with less effort, and more forgiving if you do eff up (tons of dmg dealt)

Considering the #2 is auto-target and not skillshot makes it a nukehouse. The #4 is okay, because it’s not autotarget but a skillshot you have to aim yourself. The projectile is not that fast, so it’s dodgeable. #5 on the other hand can cover a whole node alone, because the radius and range of that skill is so huge. Basically you’re forced out of it, while they DH will run into it – place traps and just wait.

I cant believe some people actually think DH doesn’t need a tweak here and there in their kit. Are they that delusional and afraid of losing DH as their new main? That seems to be the question, cause the amount of players crying over DH (like me apparently, psh) than players asking for a buff on berserker is close to zero.

And killshot isn’t strong, right? I can get it ready pretty fast on a warrior but people learn to dodge it. MAYBE increase the CD on LB2 but that’s about it.
I agree with berserker buff but disagree with DH nerf aside from some minor tweaks here and there. Heavy light for example needs to be specific so people can actually dodge it and it isn’t random anymore. MAYBE 2 needs more cd(like 6secs instead of 4) aside from that: flank them! I’ve met many people flanking me, have flanked many people playing DH and they were lb autoshot afk not switching to anything dying because of that. Else: Keep them at a distance and burst them down together. It’s a TEAM BASED pvp mode for a reason. 1on1 will always have some being better, duh. I can’t kill mesmers that well 1on1 for example because I’m not used to their skills and same with all people complaining about DH.

Learn to play against their weaknesses. Same with ANY other class/spec. I run away from necros so they can’t do anything, I stay away from revenant because their ranged play is horrible and I stay closed to ranged classes s they have issues fighting me more.

Oh and one more thing: DH running traps only waste potential. Close to no condition cleanse, no renewed focus, no utility. I love the QQ from enemy players saying I only use trap(which is false as I only have 2). People complain because it’s something new.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

To those saying L2P to complaining against DH: let Anet buff Rangers traps (I know, that will never happen) to DH level and we will see your complaining all around ;-)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

To those saying L2P to complaining against DH: let Anet buff Rangers traps (I know, that will never happen) to DH level and we will see your complaining all around ;-)

To be honest with you, I’d let Anet buff ranger to the power of Dragonhunter, at least ranger requires 1000x more skill than DH. The stealth on lb can be a very good way to flip the tables and win the fight. If you can also set up so the enemy attacks the pet, launch #5 and following into knockback (if its up) boom #2.

No matter how you put it, the variety of ranger skills requires more cordination, discipline and skill to execute for a rewarding play.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

after the nerf DH is still freaking powerful trap still 1 shot people….they need further balance

Learn.to.dodge.
Is that so hard? If I trait for traps it dazes you BEFORE the trap snaps. In low play people get owned by this but in high play people are probably a lil more smarter and it’s a none issue.
stop ruining it for everyone. I could rant on about how mesmer/chrono is op but then the entire mesmer community would try to drown me in clones. I could rant on about how d/d ele is STILL too strong but again: people only see what is new and might need a counter play(dodge).

This is how we argued that Ring of Fire is balanced. “If you can dodge it theoretically, it’s balanced” isn’t how game balancing works though.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

No matter how you put it, the variety of ranger skills requires more cordination, discipline and skill to execute for a rewarding play.

Hold on, what?

Rapid fire and true shot suffer the same predictability issues. DH’s knock back can’t be used freely at times. DH’s LB5 is obviously stronger, but that’s where DH’s LB advantages stop vs rangers. DH gets vigor, ranger gets stealth. DH is rooted for their true shot, ranger isn’t rooted for the RF.

Full trap dragon hunters have a fraction of a ranger’s sustain. Medi trap finds a bit of a midpoint, but then medi trap wouldnt pack the same amount of trap burst as full trap while still not packing similar sustain to a ranger.

Ranger is arguably easier to play than DH.

I get it guys, you guys don’t like dragon hunter. You don’t like that one guy can carry such powerful area denial. You guys just want some fast and explosive fights that are fun to play, not some one sided curbstomp when you facerush a DH. Problem is, the game isn’t balanced for you guys. It’s balanced for the better players, as it should be, or else top tier play would be entirely messed up.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I was Trying out Tempest(half drunk) for study reasons yesterday, keeping the reflect aura up for 15s reflecting a DH, have them around half hp, keeping my distance. Out of dodges out of tricks and then they pull me into all four traps and start Trash talking like no kitten tomorrow.

This spec carries bads and garbage. My friend and I agree its literally just like old PU. I know there has to be easier classes to carry bad players into skilled pvp but people actually thinking DH is skillful or think they are good playing this class need to get out.

+1 for mad boys

Edit:

Nominating this for dumbest comment of the year.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

(edited by Aylpse.6280)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

ROFL, This guy, ranger is FAR from being nearly as ez as guardian alone, forget even dragon hunter, a standard medi guard has more sustain than any power ranger while being just as easy and in some cases much easier to play. Playing a DPS guardian is EXTREMELY forgiving for a class with such high burst. Got condi bombed? No probs, pop CoP and nothing happened, getting focused hard? All gud, shelter is a 2sec block or just pop RF. Screwed up and didn’t dodge the stun? No worries, retaliatory subconscious will take the hit if its a big burst attack or you can just pop VoC for aegis + stun break if running virtues, VoJ for blind if running Radiance, SoW if using a focus or either one of JI or CoP if running one of them (which you should, trapper or not). Dragon Hunter further exacerbates the issue of the class being too forgiving while having access to very high dmg to an entirely different degree. Arguing that DH trapper is remotely close to anything a ranger trapper offers is ridiculous.

Edit: I was of the opinion that Reaper is the ultimate facetanking skrub carrier but now DH is actually much worse.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

DH got nerfed already. It is also one of the last viable guardian builds you can run. You can easily counter DH with a revenant and a scrapper. I main scrapper engie and have little problems with DH

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

DH got nerfed already. It is also one of the last viable guardian builds you can run. You can easily counter DH with a revenant and a scrapper. I main scrapper engie and have little problems with DH

That’s because both Revenant and Scrapper are OP too…

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

ROFL, This guy, ranger is FAR from being nearly as ez as guardian alone, forget even dragon hunter, a standard medi guard has more sustain than any power ranger while being just as easy and in some cases much easier to play. Playing a DPS guardian is EXTREMELY forgiving for a class with such high burst. Got condi bombed? No probs, pop CoP and nothing happened, getting focused hard? All gud, shelter is a 2sec block or just pop RF. Screwed up and didn’t dodge the stun? No worries, retaliatory subconscious will take the hit if its a big burst attack or you can just pop VoC for aegis + stun break if running virtues, VoJ for blind if running Radiance, SoW if using a focus or either one of JI or CoP if running one of them (which you should, trapper or not). Dragon Hunter further exacerbates the issue of the class being too forgiving while having access to very high dmg to an entirely different degree. Arguing that DH trapper is remotely close to anything a ranger trapper offers is ridiculous.

Edit: I was of the opinion that Reaper is the ultimate facetanking skrub carrier but now DH is actually much worse.

Ranger is easier to play. Doesn’t mean that ranger is more effective. L2Read, please.

A standard medi guard doesn’t carry the same trap burst. Vs better players, they know to hold out on their stunbreakers until you JI+WW. I’ve literally ran circles around medi guards on my thief since their combo is predictable. In fact, you can literally melt their entire combo down to two options. After that, they’re stuck spamming blocks, blinds, and auto attacks.

If you know he’s carrying CoP, why rush your condi bomb? Why not stat to bring at least a second one? Who only rolls with a single burst option? Would you purposely toss out all of your burst and CC on an engi you just know is carrying elixir S? Or a warrior with balanced stance?

Thieves are crying over all of the reveal, but no one is mentioning all of the unblockable attacks.

Retaliatory subconscious procs ONE aegis. Literally one. A mesmer rolls in with the good ole MoD, stuns, autos AND THEN shatters. Thief has hard to catch, warrior has last stand, engi has protection injection, all of which are arguably much stronger than ONE block.

Using JI for stunbreak. Lolwat?

I never compared trap ranger to trap DH. If you read carefully, I compared the longbow skills which are the main weapons of the two classes. There’s no doubt that DH traps outclass ranger traps, BTW.

My point is, ranger is far easier to play. Its obviously not as effective, but it is far easier to play than DH, since all of the weapon skills on ranger are far easier to use and are more flexible. As was stated many times all over this forum, the traps are far from impossible to dodge. One guy even went as far as to provide you guys with video proof of it.

The moment you get hit with the tether, create some distance and break the chain. Sure, he’s deadlier at range, but dodging a true shot is a much more preferable option to eating a whole trap burst.

If he JIs on top you and lays traps, they all have a trigger time before they go off. Get the hell out of there?

As far as I can see, you guys will keep crying and will keep dying. The game would be better off with less unjustified salt, so please take a “break”.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

btw what happens if u guys cough a guardian with all traps on cd?

We are dead, He just put traps and killed whole party.

And seriously now. DH will stack kittenton of Blocks and Godmodes to stay till next trap comes off cd. Please dont say 20 SEC is BIG cd, cuz as a thief i will LAUGHT MY kitten OFF.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

You, my friend. I think you lack a couple of braincells. Ranger easier to play? Not even arguably, it’s hands down Ranger is more difficult to play than DH, but it’s alright. It’s okay to defend a class you like, a class you can faceroll without any skills in particular. k den, I’m out.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

And seriously now. DH will stack kittenton of Blocks and Godmodes to stay till next trap comes off cd. Please dont say 20 SEC is BIG cd, cuz as a thief i will LAUGHT MY kitten OFF.

You play thief and find traps to be an issue? I farm dragon hunters 1v1 on my thief. You literally play hokey-pokey with shadow step and bam, he’s defenseless. If he just arrived on point, even better. Shadow step is literally the best skill in the game for dealing this aside from rev hammer 3.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Shemie.4286

I was Trying out Tempest(half drunk) for study reasons yesterday, keeping the reflect aura up for 15s reflecting a DH, have them around half hp, keeping my distance. Out of dodges out of tricks and then they pull me into all four traps and start Trash talking like no kitten tomorrow.

This spec carries bads and garbage. My friend and I agree its literally just like old PU. I know there has to be easier classes to carry bad players into skilled pvp but people actually thinking DH is skillful or think they are good playing this class need to get out.

+1 for mad boys

Edit:

Nominating this for dumbest comment of the year.

I wanna invite you over for a cake, let’s discuss how “difficult” it is to play Dragonhunter. /Sarcasm

But yeah, that guy…ye, no. Lmao. I gotta agree, people who think they’re good cause facewrecking with DH. #RoadToESL boiis..

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DH is definitely the most face-roll spec we ever seen in this game.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Please add daze, stability, blind, swiftness, vulnerability, stun break, instant cast traps, revealed, protection, fury, slow, ageis, cripple, might on ranger traps, and give rangers 6 secs of stability every 10 secs from an auto-proc knockback on their shortbow, and a 1200 range unblockable pull.

Then I will come to the forums and happily join in with the crowd saying L2p, don’t you know what the dodge button is, etc.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Coco.5670

Coco.5670

Even on my druid running cleric full support, stone signet, stone spirit, I still find myself getting killed by a single DH while in celestial form spamming my heals. It’s outright ridiculous.

I don’t understand how people in the right mind can defend this guardian spec, even after the nerfs I can still be slapped across the room even if I did manage to counter their burst. What I find the most ridiculous though, is the fact that guardian does more damage with a bow than a ranger does.

I was bunkering on my druid earlier, and was able to hold off a reaper and mesmer pretty well, a guardian shows up, does 5x more damage than both of them combined killed me through celestial form, protection up and regen literally 0.1second after coming out of evade. No words for how brainless the spec is.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

All those flame threads while 99% of players still don’t know how to properly trait and play classes in this new meta.

Since HoT I have not had enough time for PvP to properly skill my chars on elite specs, so I was still running my marauder well-nekro (so not even real ‘meta’) and I faced every new elite spec. I felt more pressure from classes I normaly didn’t but NOTHING was unbeatable.

Against DHs I sometimes dropped low when I triggered traps, but if that is what you call OP.. I don’t know.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

All those flame threads while 99% of players still don’t know how to properly trait and play classes in this new meta.

Since HoT I have not had enough time for PvP to properly skill my chars on elite specs, so I was still running my marauder well-nekro (so not even real ‘meta’) and I faced every new elite spec. I felt more pressure from classes I normaly didn’t but NOTHING was unbeatable.

Against DHs I sometimes dropped low when I triggered traps, but if that is what you call OP.. I don’t know.

Maybe necro has enough health to eat the full blast? On my ranger even running rabid and traited for protection I have been blown up several times (100-0). The way the ultimate works, the instant cast traps with daze, and an unblockable pull means it is quite difficult to get out.

Also one of the traps gives stability so even the brainless auto-proc fear and auto-proc cc reflection some classes have might not save you.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Starfall.6425

Well my health-pool might be true.. so where I drop to 10-20% others will die, but such a ‘instant-burst’ didn’t happen a lot to me.

Another point I’m curious about… all those complains about elite-trap.
The few minutes I have thought about how to skill my future DH and what I have heard and seen of players I look up to… wouldn’t everyone in high-skill ranks use renewed focus instead?

I would only take the trap if I know I can regularly oneshot people that are as good or better as myself, else I would take the other elite and I somehow doubt the oneshots are the norm when you reach higher ranks.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Correct me if I am wrong on this but isn’t MMR character based? Wouldn’t that mean you can roll whatever you want and be likely paired with less experienced players (even more so with F2P) and just stomp via an inherently better understanding of the game?

If this is the case wouldn’t all players who use the “I rolled it, won and found it OP/Easy.” arguments invalid?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Starfall.6425

Yes rolling a new class should give you a lower MMR than your main has.
The problem is A-net like always gives no real answers and so there is always the question “is it really working” ^^

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Even on my druid running cleric full support, stone signet, stone spirit, I still find myself getting killed by a single DH while in celestial form spamming my heals. It’s outright ridiculous.

I don’t understand how people in the right mind can defend this guardian spec, even after the nerfs I can still be slapped across the room even if I did manage to counter their burst. What I find the most ridiculous though, is the fact that guardian does more damage with a bow than a ranger does.

I was bunkering on my druid earlier, and was able to hold off a reaper and mesmer pretty well, a guardian shows up, does 5x more damage than both of them combined killed me through celestial form, protection up and regen literally 0.1second after coming out of evade. No words for how brainless the spec is.

It’s actually a good thing to hear that a druid can be facerolled fast enough to stop them from keeping their team from dying at all during a match.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

You play thief and find traps to be an issue? I farm dragon hunters 1v1 on my thief. You literally play hokey-pokey with shadow step and bam, he’s defenseless. If he just arrived on point, even better. Shadow step is literally the best skill in the game for dealing this aside from rev hammer 3.

You can evade you can try, as long as DH hits you once you will amost sure die. Its still MEDIGUARD, same mediguards that could instakill thief with utilities… Played DH whole day now. Died some times to other dh and once to chronomancer(my bad, if i had 2nd fight i would easily win) Other deaths were like 2/3 ppl chasing me down hard. There was NOT A SINGLE thief that could kill me, Only 1 got me to low hp cuz he reflected trueshot to me… But its not only thief, There was no engi that could kill me, no rev, no ranger/druid, no warrior(especially not warrior) IT WAS SO EASY, SO PAINFULLY easy that i didnt rly wanted to swap chars to do dailes. Only games i lost were like DOUBLE thief in team or afker/leaver/ragekid. Its even funnier cuz only on my dh i keep 1 “packet of salt” just in case someone says that DH is op. And i will abuse this class/spec till devs see stats and consider nerfing it to the ground.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

L2 dodge!
Dodge 1st trap, then dodge spear of justice, then dodge true shot, then dodge JI+2nd trap, then dodge another true shot, then dodge 2nd weapon burst, etc.
You see? It is easy! /s

(edited by Mak.2657)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

His favorite class couldn’t pawn DH easily so he is screaming like a kid.
IF there is NOT a single class that can counter DH, yes i support the nerf.

Have you even tried other class that can easily own DH?

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I fought a Tempest today and beat him in 1v1s, as well as a Chronomancer. Both accused DH as being OP. I then beat them with core Guardian medi build to prove them wrong otherwise.

DH isn’t OP, certain classes specializations lack mechanical utility to counter play efficiently.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

You can evade you can try, as long as DH hits you once you will amost sure die. Its still MEDIGUARD, same mediguards that could instakill thief with utilities… Played DH whole day now. Died some times to other dh and once to chronomancer(my bad, if i had 2nd fight i would easily win) Other deaths were like 2/3 ppl chasing me down hard. There was NOT A SINGLE thief that could kill me, Only 1 got me to low hp cuz he reflected trueshot to me… But its not only thief, There was no engi that could kill me, no rev, no ranger/druid, no warrior(especially not warrior) IT WAS SO EASY, SO PAINFULLY easy that i didnt rly wanted to swap chars to do dailes. Only games i lost were like DOUBLE thief in team or afker/leaver/ragekid. Its even funnier cuz only on my dh i keep 1 “packet of salt” just in case someone says that DH is op. And i will abuse this class/spec till devs see stats and consider nerfing it to the ground.

You beat a properly played cele scrapper? Did he keep running into your traps? He had to, since that’d literally be the only way he’d lose.

A properly played thief can and will destroy a DH, especially with DD since all it takes a simple dodge to negate 90% of their LB attacks.

Also, I’d love to see you guys take a full trap (or even medi trap) and face any duel server regular. I promise you that NONE of you will get even past HALF of some of these player’s utilities before you’re completely annihilated.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Mak.2657

I saw very good dh beating every one at angz (1×1 server) till another good scrapper came and beat him. But it is not about 1×1. It’s more about impact on a team, reward/effort ratio, etc. Probably many (every?) of new elites have balance issues. Just makes me sarcastic when I see another “go range” or “l2dodge” post. Ok, let’s take more time to test/adapt.

(edited by Mak.2657)

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I saw very good dh beating every one at angz (1×1 server) till another good scrapper came and beat him. But it is not about 1×1. It’s more about impact on a team, reward/effort ratio, etc. Probably many (every?) of new elites have balance issues. Just makes me sarcastic when I see another “go range” or “l2dodge” post. Ok, let’s take more time to test/adapt.

Who was the guardian on angz?

In the 1v1 arenas, scrappers usually best just about everything currently

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Mak.2657

I meant scrapper came and beat that dh. Though dh won fight against another scrappers before.
Don’t remember names. But, yeah scrappers seems very strong both ay 1×1 and at teamplay for me

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

I saw very good dh beating every one

If you recognize him to be good then what’s the issue? A very good player at any class will beat a lot of people, this is to be expected.

Also, dodging/going at range enough not to trip the traps but still allow you to efficiently deal damage are still the most reliable measures you can take and apply to almost every class/build. You can further go into specifics with particular builds and etc, but that’d take far too long for any discussion not guaranteed to take you anywhere.

Dragonhunter too easy.

in PvP

Mak.2657

Problem is that not so much builds have similar to dh range pressure or can do bunch of dodges.
Range can help if you playing around with some obstacle/los. But dh can do the same. Sit on a point full of traps with fresh CDs and LoSing assaulters.
Dh good at range, very good at melee, have bunch of boons, low cds. Minuses: medium to low mobility (JI, F2, mb weapon leap/port), not much condi removal. In general effectiveness/effort ratio for team fights seems very big for me. But I don’t want to qq cause meta need time to be established, time to adapt, etc.