Dragonhunters NEED to be toned down ASAP

in PvP

Posted by: idk.7156

idk.7156

Right so I know anet has seen a lot of flak sent their way in regards to the balance patch, but I feel not enough measures were taken. I placed bronze last season after many games and it was not because I was bad. I’m a player who loves creating and designing my own builds, but every game had at least three dragonhunters and they would always farm my teammates. I dueled a DH on my reaper (he’s silver so he’s pretty good) and he still does way too much damage. It’s so easy for him to spear throw me through his traps and my stab got heavily nerfed, which necro needed heavily. My recommendation would be to increase the spear pull cd by a good portion and nerf longbow auto damage. I fear if no action is taken DH will RULE the next season STILL

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I placed bronze

There’s the problem. In Bronze, it’s much easier to farm people with Guardians. You need to move up to get better teams, or hope you can randomly get into a Gold match, and hope they don’t farm you.

in PvP

Posted by: idk.7156

idk.7156

I placed bronze

There’s the problem. In Bronze, it’s much easier to farm people with Guardians. You need to move up to get better teams, or hope you can randomly get into a Gold match, and hope they don’t farm you.

No you don’t understand. I’m getting all the golds and one man can only have so much hope

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Obvious troll is obvious

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Entirely ignoring the fact that DH is far from dealing a lot of damage, the pull being reasonably predictable and that the matchmaking algorythm no longer allows more than 2 of each profession in a game….

Necro is not a 1v1 class. Necros are strong in teamfights, while DH is a very good profession for 1v1’s and reigns supreme in low skilled matches.
DH has been nerfed many times already and arguably been pushed out of the meta with the last patch. Any more nerfs would outright kill it.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

You mentioned the pull specifically. Firstly, just sit back and wait for the pull. At your level, many people will throw it as soon as you’re in range. The animation is pretty obvious if you’re ready for it, prepare to dodge.

If he lands the spear anyways, there’s a short period of time where you can prepare to hit your stunbreak. Put your finger on the key and press it as soon as he pulls you. If you do this successfully, at that point you can go on the offensive.

in PvP

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I mentioned this in another thread but as a Ranger, a DH is pretty easy to deal with especially if they are just going to sit on a point and spam their traps. At 1500 range, they die quickly.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

You play necromancer, you can’t win a 1v1. Maybe against a engineer and only if he don’t stunlock you to the ground. The necromancer is the worst 1v1 class atm.
The dragonhunter can kill easy every necromancer he find on his way. I tried it and as a guardian is really funny fight a necromancer, the enemy don’t have a single chance to win. the guardian have enough block and immunity to make you waste all your combo, have different stunbreak, movement skills, blind and a high burst combo that can kill you in few seconds. I think that the guardian is the third best class against a necromancer. There’s the thief, that totally outplay a necro, the warrior, that stunlock and burst him down with “infinite” resistance, and then the guardian that simply burst him down easy and fast without too many problems.

If you have to fight against a class that can totally kill you without mercy, change road and play in team or find another enemy to fight.

The guardian have a good combo burst, that if evaded grant him some problems because can’t prepeat it quickly, need to active his trap and pull+knockback the enemy to inflict a good damage, and more. Is easy to master (is a single combo that you repeat in every single fight) but at higher level is easy to evade.
Anyway the DH is strong in 1v1 and don’t fight him if you can. Wait for allies and stay back.
You’re a necromancer, you can’t go in the frontline and hope to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

If only you could evade the pulls…

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Bronze lel.

/15char

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

You would have better answer with another title. This “Dragonhunters NEED to be toned down ASAP” is a bit too much

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

Yeah OP, I actually agree with the points you state. I myself find that DH’s are still over the top. I played over 800 games and landed in bronze. I practiced every day for at least 8 hours. I even paid to duel bes bes bes bes bes bes bes, the top and only ESL guardian on North America. I still couldn’t improve and just got farmed by every guardian in ranked. /shrug I don’t know what do do anymore. I’m at my breaking point.

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Why would nos and toker want dh nerfed?

edit: again

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Just queue at 5 in the morning, then you too can be great.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It must be boring on NA atm?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

For those of you unfamiliar with these clowns:

• idk.7156 is Nos’s alt account
  • Beast.6745 is Toker’s alt account

Both Legend players, though, admittedly, we all play like bronzes, sometimes.

Clearly a troll post.

Wait… you’re actually making an attempt to deescalate the trolling? Are you alright?

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Clearly a troll post.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!

You got them good

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

it is no wonder Anet dont give a kitten about sPvP with these morons at the top of the boards…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Ovark.2514

Ovark.2514

This seems like an appropriate thread to voice this concern. Dragonhunters had this issue for some time where Spear of Justice has a separate cooldown on the pull aspect. This is necessary if the throw spear is to maintain a low CD. Only trouble is that the opposing player has no idea most of the time when the pull is on CD or not. This is poor game design. The enemy has to constantly be assuming the pull is an option for the DH. Arena Net would you please extend the CD of spear of justice to be the same as the Pull. That way we know for sure if there is the threat of CC?

in PvP

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

this is a good meme

Multiple Class Disorder

in PvP

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Oh Jeah and after the Nerf same people scream for a another Nerf but hey we’re totally the best class ATM outside of this meta….ATM we are OK in pvp but the next Nerf will break our neck .In pve we r totally garbage……but hey let’s Nerf them to the ground in pvp too(sarcasm)

(edited by Legiion.7385)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Why are people posting serious responses to an obvious troll thread? Lol.

“Placed in bronze but I don’t deserve to be there”, “guardian was silver so he’s pretty good”, “DH will rule the next season”, come on guys, these are dead giveaways. Not to mention it’s on nos’ alt acount, though even without knowing this you should’ve smelled the troll bait.

Was very entertaining to read though, loved the post.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Martym.6971

Martym.6971

Clearly a troll post.

How do we know this? What if you’re the troll who is inventing the troll post to troll the ones who are bronze and trolling, even tho the bronze doesn’t know he is trolling and is in fact trolling himself, which makes it look like he’s the troller you say is trolling on troll accounts?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

What do people main that placed at the top of the NA leader board the past two seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

What do people main that placed at the top of the NA leader board the past two seasons?

The past two seasons in both NA and EU, there was a healthy spread of all the classes taking the top 10 spots, except maybe ele, necro, and rev, which are the classes that excel in team fights.

Solo/duo queue system places emphasis on 1vX sustain to carry a game, so DH/warrior/druid were the most popular, in that order. Thieves and mesmers could carry the game better, but are harder to play.

With the nerfs and change in the PvP system, if the leaderboards and queue system remains the same, I expect to see more engineers taking the top spots.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The past two seasons in both NA and EU, there was a healthy spread of all the classes taking the top 10 spots, except maybe ele, necro, and rev, which are the classes that excel in team fights.

Solo/duo queue system places emphasis on 1vX sustain to carry a game, so DH/warrior/druid were the most popular, in that order. Thieves and mesmers could carry the game better, but are harder to play.

With the nerfs and change in the PvP system, if the leaderboards and queue system remains the same, I expect to see more engineers taking the top spots.

Both seasons God of PvP went to a DH. In the random queue game mode DH is strong at all levels.

in PvP

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Both seasons God of PvP went to a DH. In the random queue game mode DH is strong at all levels.

Technically, both seasons, God of PvP went to ONE SPECIFIC DH who camped the spot.

In EU S5 and S6, God of PvP went to Misha (mesmer) and Sind (thief), respectively. They were also the respective #2 spots in the seasons as well.

It probably doesn’t even matter much because most of the top players multiclass to some extent.

No doubt DH was strong, but at the top it seems there is more diversity than the bottom. The problem wasn’t that DH was overpowered, it was more so because it was easy to play and people naturally gravitated towards it for sustainability.

Also the average GW2 player doesn’t know anything about counter play and will sit there staring at the spear as it flies toward them without dodging and then walk through a Test of Faith 5 times, then come on here and complain about damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Not sure why we’re still replying to this troll post.

Clearly a troll post.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld