Dropping more matches lately.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Since the penality has been fixed at 16 minutes dishonor, I’ve found myself dropping a lot more matches when I see the team isn’t trying or strongly suspect someone is tanking the match to reduce MMR….. I’m not sure why ArenaNet decided to change the dishonor system and reduce it to a fixed 16 minutes, but I’m glad they did.

I know some believe it’s the honorable thing to always see the match though, but when you see strong indication of where the outcome is going and see very clear mistakes by members of your team I disagree with those who think there is any dishonor in leaving (you can disagree all you want to, you will never convince me otherwise).

This has been something I’ve only recently come to believe, I guess it comes with my general loss of respect for the game. When the game studio starts to care more I think I will too. Until they do, I won’t

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

But you are well aware of the fact you can get matched with players that suck. You’re aware that people are queuing to tank their MMR. You’re well aware that the game studio doesn’t give two kittens about their PvP product, and yet you chose to queue for a ranked match. Why then would you queue at all if, despite your awareness of the situation, you know these things happen?

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I know some believe it’s the honorable thing to always see the match though, but when you see strong indication of where the outcome is going and see very clear mistakes by members of your team I disagree with those who think there is any dishonor in leaving (you can disagree all you want to, you will never convince me otherwise).

I won’t try to convince, but I will say this: The statement above is why you always be at the bottom.

Until you change your attitude, you’ll never get better.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

I won’t try to convince, but I will say this: The statement above is why you always be at the bottom.

Until you change your attitude, you’ll never get better.

If they fixed the game my attitude would absolutely change. There are an insurmountable number of problems right now with ranked sPvP, that is beyond subjective. Regardless if I play ranked or unranked, that will not change. When I play I want to maximize my fun of the game and that means playing ranked. I didn’t design the mixed solo team queue or a system that gives incentive to exploits. I’m not taking it seriously anymore. It’s “just a game” to me at this point. If you are still taking it very seriously, we just see the game very differently. I don’t believe it can be taken seriously. That’s the point you get to beyond the “bad attitude”. You just simply don’t care anymore. You find your fun in the game without taking it too seriously and that includes taking certain penalties to compensate for the failures of the game design. You do what you must to keep the blood pressure low.

If you want to view that as my fault, that’s your choice but I see it as the failure of ArenaNet. It’s very clear that I’m not the only one doing this, I’m just stating publicly a rational behind my decision to execute this behavior.I encourage everyone to play this way and I encourage ArenaNet to fix their game.

As many of you, I’ve invested a great deal of time. When faced with a scenario that’s the result of bad design I feel the game studio is giving me a choice to take the “dishonor” or proceed forward and loose 10-15 minutes of my day to a broken system that will only serve to frustrate me.

The options are play and deal with the frustration, don’t play at all or play and when faced with these scenarios take the 16 minute penality. I don’t mean to impact anyone else, but option #3 is just the most appealing. I have the most incentive to take it so I will continue to.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

But you are well aware of the fact you can get matched with players that suck. You’re aware that people are queuing to tank their MMR. You’re well aware that the game studio doesn’t give two kittens about their PvP product, and yet you chose to queue for a ranked match. Why then would you queue at all if, despite your awareness of the situation, you know these things happen?

Well, I’m exclusively solo queuing and I believe at this point my fellow solo queue players are in the same boat. If they are still trying to take this sPvP season seriously then that’s really on them, because these problems are very real and anyone who would continue to take it serious enough to get angry about someone doing this in these situations is taking it too serious. That’s the bottom line.

There’s more fun to be had in ranked and 16 minutes isn’t that long to wait for the next match when I’m witnessing a team that has no chance. In fact, I’ve found I can utilize that time to get level headed again and it helps me manage the anger.

Not saying my technique is the best choice for everyone, but it works and it’s one way to cope with some very bad design decisions, keep the game fun and not vent in map or team chat.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

I don´t play anymore since almost 3 weeks now and i´m happy with. I don´t know if i come back.

Anet can kidding oneself. >6500 pvp matches played and finished. Saw everything in pvp, played everything in pvp, had blasts in pvp. But there is far more frustration now than blasts, so it´s better to quit i think.

in PvP

ItIsFinished.9462

…..when I see the team isn’t trying…..

…..or strongly suspect someone is tanking the match to reduce MMR…..

….but when you see strong indication of where the outcome is going….

…..and see very clear mistakes by members of your team…..

You fall into the category of “It’s everyone’s fault but mine”. With a sleight hint of paranoia.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

You fall into the category of “It’s everyone’s fault but mine”. With a sleight hint of paranoia.

You would be making several assumptions about me to make this assessment including the criteria I’m using to make the decision to bail. Since you aren’t in the games with me and seeing what I’m seeing you have no basis for your assessment. You don’t like what I have to say and just want to be argumentative. Not going to play that game.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Looks like a good addition to my block list.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

I don´t play anymore since almost 3 weeks now and i´m happy with. I don´t know if i come back.

Anet can kidding oneself. >6500 pvp matches played and finished. Saw everything in pvp, played everything in pvp, had blasts in pvp. But there is far more frustration now than blasts, so it´s better to quit i think.

And this is the overwhelming sentiment coming from those of us kittenpected the sPvP side of the game and saw it grow to the great place it was at right before HoT launched.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree massively with OP. Its a good change. And there is nothing wrong with quitting/leaving if the match is unwinnable.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

Looks like a good addition to my block list.

Please do. If you’re still taking this ranked season seriously then our perspectives are so different I’d rather not have you on my team. Not ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

If you leave a match and get dishonor, do you also lose pips and what about your team mates?

I stopped taking pvp seriously quite early on and now play for fun. I still want to win of course but i dont rage or get “too” upset if i lose.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Quick join is the “just for fun” option.
Real Honor goes beyond the definition given in this game context.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

If they fixed the game my attitude would absolutely change.

Lol. Obviously the rule is not favorable to you, but you will never get good with this attitude.

It’s like irl you say: “We have income inequality problem. Since they are not fixing inequality, I’ll just sabotage any not rich company I join. If they fix inequality then I’ll change my attitude and be rich. I’m not at fault at all, and I don’t need to improve myself.”

I’m glad I don’t have to get you in my team in Legendary division.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

I was one of the unforunate souls who had him on my team not once but twice.

And he will rage quit or go AFK within minutes of a match.

1st time he rage quit 5 minutes into a match, we even made a come back and WON but still lost 2 pips because it was 4 vs 5.

2nd time he announces he is going AFK after only 2 minutes of match starting. And we weren’t even that far behind. My entire team reported him, but as usual Anet doesn’t do anything.

Don’t talk about respect as if you know what it is. If you are going to rage quit do it in hot join. Don’t ruin the game for everyone else who actually try in matches win or lose.

All I can hope is blocked players aren’t teamed up because I honestly never want you on my team again. I have ZERO respect for rage quitters.

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in PvP

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Why leave though?

I’ve had games where my team kept it a close match and we either took no pip loss or gained a pip on a losing game.

We couldn’t of done that if we had someone leave the match.

SamTheGuardian.2938 save us all the hassle of enduring your terrible behavior and don’t que at all.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Why leave though?

I’ve had games where my team kept it a close match and we either took no pip loss or gained a pip on a losing game.

SamTheGuardian.2938 save us all the hassle of enduring your terrible behavior and don’t que at all.

Honestly I’m not getting that feeling from Sam at all, and I’ve been in his shoes with other games. It’s incredibly annoying to continue playing and trying your best, when in a team game, the other pats of your team have given up, aren’t playing for real, or even taking advice, so why keep frustrating yourself fighting against the tide of eventual defeat when your team isn’t even trying anymore and just goofing around? As long as the OP admits the mistakes he makes and learns from them, and doesn’t start going haywire if he looses by two or three points, eh, can’t say I don’t agree with the guy.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Man OP, I do hope you get banned. You know pretty well what you are getting into when you entered pvp. You are aware of the consequences for kitten’s sake!!!. Yet you continue and ruin the game for others. The blames lies entirely with yourself here when it comes to people playing legit and still not performing to how you envisioned it.

Punishing other players and taking them all down with you for ‘’sucking.’’ is as dishonorable as it can get. All u have to do is actually try to win here. And not grief. But they are under no obligation to actually play at a level you envisioned. they are not obliged to do so whatsoever. U can however encourage them to get better. But that’s it. if one is a casual player pvx player and simply plays for fun but with the intent to win, u cannot hold them to it if they simply play like that in the end. It’s the same with people demanding you don’t play thiefs or warriors.

Terrible, Just terrible.

Either don’t play, make your own team or play hotjoin.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

If they fixed the game my attitude would absolutely change.

Lol. Obviously the rule is not favorable to you, but you will never get good with this attitude.

It’s like irl you say: “We have income inequality problem. Since they are not fixing inequality, I’ll just sabotage any not rich company I join. If they fix inequality then I’ll change my attitude and be rich. I’m not at fault at all, and I don’t need to improve myself.”

I’m glad I don’t have to get you in my team in Legendary division.

Well you say"You’re not going to get good". “Get good” at what exactly? “Good” at playing one of the mindless meta builds that’s all about beginning the interrupt/condi chain first? Dealing with luck-of-the-draw solo queue players who are completely clueless about meta or simply don’t care? Get good at building up a tolerance to people exploiting MMR or even using hacks?

If you’ve managed to “get good” at all that and are still enjoying the game then more power to you. If you’re in Legendary then you’ve been playing with a team and you’re experience is entirely different than mine and I really have no reason to tolerate your inability to qualify these differences.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

I was one of the unforunate souls who had him on my team not once but twice.

1st time he rage quit 5 minutes into a match, we even made a come back and WON but still lost 2 pips because it was 4 vs 5.

2nd time he announces he is going AFK after only 2 minutes of match starting. And we weren’t even that far behind. My entire team reported him, but as usual Anet doesn’t do anything.

Don’t talk about respect as if you know what it is. If you are going to rage quit do it in hot join. Don’t ruin the game for everyone else who actually try in matches win or lose.

All I can hope is blocked players aren’t teamed up because I honestly never want you on my team again. I have ZERO respect for rage quitters.

Was someone else. We weren’t on team together.

in PvP

ItIsFinished.9462

Why leave though?

Honestly I’m not getting that feeling from Sam at all, and I’ve been in his shoes with other games. It’s incredibly annoying to continue playing and trying your best, when in a team game, the other pats of your team have given up, aren’t playing for real, or even taking advice, so why keep frustrating yourself fighting against the tide of eventual defeat when your team isn’t even trying anymore and just goofing around?

Heres the thing though, Sam quit because:

But this guys said he had Sam on his team:

So if what Sam is saying is true. How does Sam’s team win a 4v5….when Sam went afk?

The moral of the story is: Sam’s thinks his team sucks and is not listening on purpose….Sam blames team and goes afk…….Sam’s team WINS anyway….they lose 2 pips because he dc’s before match is over……

Sam, it’s not them, its you.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

It’s funny how OP says he’s not taking this ranked season seriously yet feels the need to post on the forums on how he’s going to practically abandon matches he feels are stacked against him. Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Also, he seems to be suffering from an extreme case of the dunning kruger effect. ’It’s always everyone’s fault but mine!’

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

Man OP, I do hope you get banned. You know pretty well what you are getting into when you entered pvp. You are aware of the consequences for kitten’s sake!!!. Yet you continue and ruin the game for others. The blames lies entirely with yourself here when it comes to people playing legit and still not performing to how you envisioned it.

Punishing other players and taking them all down with you for ‘’sucking.’’ is as dishonorable as it can get. All u have to do is actually try to win here. And not grief. But they are under no obligation to actually play at a level you envisioned. they are not obliged to do so whatsoever. U can however encourage them to get better. But that’s it. if one is a casual player pvx player and simply plays for fun but with the intent to win, u cannot hold them to it if they simply play like that in the end. It’s the same with people demanding you don’t play thiefs or warriors.

Terrible, Just terrible.

Well obviously I don’t agree with your perspective. If you’re playing with a team and team queuing you’re getting a different experience. For solo queue, I just can’t find any respect for the game in it’s current state. To reiterate, I believe ArenaNet dropping dishonorable to a fixed 16 minutes says a lot about where the company stands on the state of things right now.

To be very clear

• I do not rage quit just because we are loosing.
  • I do not even “rage” quit
  • I explain to the team what I"m about to do then explain in map chat that I am forfeiting.
  • Dishonor system issues a penality for my actions and I choose to take the penality instead of dealing with 5-10 minutes of mindless play (let’s not forget even a ESL Pro team did something similar just a few weeks ago).

I find it very hard to respect anyone who is still taking this ranked season so serious that this is a real problem. I don’t respect the way you think and I absolutely do not want to be on your team either, so yes please block me if you think that would reduce our odds of having to party up.

You don’t have the authority to tell me or anyone else how to play the game. There is a dishonor penality in place by ArenaNet to deal with certain actions and if a player knows the consequences and takes the penality that is a choice. The rules allow it. If you can’t get your head around that then perhaps you should be the one not playing.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

It’s funny how OP says he’s not taking this ranked season seriously yet feels the need to post on the forums on how he’s going to practically abandon matches he feels are stacked against him. Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Also, he seems to be suffering from an extreme case of the dunning kruger effect. ’It’s always everyone’s fault but mine!’

I’m not sure why you can’t comprehend that someone can not take this ranked season serious but yet still be very passionate for the game in general and optimistic for its future. That’s the place where I’m at (although “optimistic about it’s future” shifts a little) I do believe ArenaNet reads these forums and they have the power to change things. I think our thoughts on the game, even thoughts on rational for forfeit are worthy discussion points.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

I’m not sure why you can’t comprehend that someone can not take this ranked season serious but yet still be very passionate for the game in general and optimistic for its future. That’s the place where I’m at (although “optimistic about it’s future” shifts a little) I do believe ArenaNet reads these forums and they have the power to change things. I think our thoughts on the game, even thoughts on rational for forfeit are worthy discussion points.

I doubt threatening to leave games because reasons are going to make anet do much. It’s just making you look childish as this is how every team based game works. There’s bound to be ‘bad team mates’ no matter how good the system is. You just have to deal with it.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

I doubt threatening to leave games because reasons are going to make anet do much. It’s just making you look childish as this is how every team based game works. There’s bound to be ‘bad team mates’ no matter how good the system is. You just have to deal with it.

Bear in mind I’m talking exclusively about solo queuing…. It’s not entirely bad team mates. That is the problem sometimes you end up with match ups where you know the odds based on team configuration and you can observe that playing out very quickly within the first few minutes of the match. It circles back to so many broken/unblanced things in PvP right now. This is not about me ditching bad players or unskilled players. 150 points into a match isn’t enough time to make a fair assesment of a players skill, but sometimes it is enough time to observe the composite of what’s going on and determine an outcome after you 1600+ match doing the same thing over and over again.

“You just have to deal with it”. Actually, no you really do not! Set yourself free with this realization. You do have a choice. You may have attached some self-made moral code as to what you must do and what you must not do, but that is your choice and you always have a choice.

If you choose to toss 5-10 minutes of your life away to a loss that is your choice. I value my time a bit more. You don’t “have to deal with it”. You have a choice of not dealing with it and taking the penality. That is what the function the dishonor system servers. The dishonor mechanism is just another system in the game. If you break a rule it renders it’s penalty. Still no one can explain why ArenaNet decided to completely nerf the dishonor system and nix the hour+ dishonor that was been placed on players for abandoning queue and matches. ArenaNet decided to reduce the penality to 16 minutes for some reason. Rationalize why they would reduce a peanlity unless they felt the offense deserved less punishment given the current state of things.

Just because you have some pseudo moral issue with my rational doesn’t mean it’s not logical.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Bear in mind I’m talking exclusively about solo queuing…. It’s not entirely bad team mates. That is the problem sometimes you end up with match ups where you know the odds based on team configuration and you can observe that playing out very quickly within the first few minutes of the match. It circles back to so many broken/unblanced things in PvP right now. This is not about me ditching bad players or unskilled players. 150 points into a match isn’t enough time to make a fair assesment of a players skill, but sometimes it is enough time to observe the composite of what’s going on and determine an outcome after you 1600+ match doing the same thing over and over again.

“You just have to deal with it”. Actually, no you really do not! Set yourself free with this realization. You do have a choice. You may have attached some self-made moral code as to what you must do and what you must not do, but that is your choice and you always have a choice.

If you choose to toss 5-10 minutes of your life away to a loss that is your choice. I value my time a bit more. You don’t “have to deal with it”. You have a choice of not dealing with it and taking the penality. That is what the function the dishonor system servers. The dishonor mechanism is just another system in the game. If you break a rule it renders it’s penalty. Still no one can explain why ArenaNet decided to completely nerf the dishonor system and nix the hour+ dishonor that was been placed on players for abandoning queue and matches. ArenaNet decided to reduce the penality to 16 minutes for some reason. Rationalize why they would reduce a peanlity unless they felt the offense deserved less punishment given the current state of things.

Just because you have some pseudo moral issue with my rational doesn’t mean it’s not logical.

Wait what? I sense some inherent contradiction here. You choose not to ‘waste’ away 5 to 10 minutes in a match but would rather get a 16 minutes dishonor prior to getting another match? Uhhh..

Nonetheless, I’m not interested in trying to rationalise this with you any more since you’re adamant on doing this. I dont really care tbh as it doesnt affect me (since you won’t be queued with me).

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

[quote=5901894;SamTheGuardian.2938:]

in PvP

Terrible, Just terrible.

Well obviously I don’t agree with your perspective. If you’re playing with a team and team queuing you’re getting a different experience. For solo queue, I just can’t find any respect for the game in it’s current state. To reiterate, I believe ArenaNet dropping dishonorable to a fixed 16 minutes says a lot about where the company stands on the state of things right now.

To be very clear

• I do not rage quit just because we are loosing.
  • I do not even “rage” quit
  • I explain to the team what I"m about to do then explain in map chat that I am forfeiting.
  • Dishonor system issues a penality for my actions and I choose to take the penality instead of dealing with 5-10 minutes of mindless play (let’s not forget even a ESL Pro team did something similar just a few weeks ago).

I find it very hard to respect anyone who is still taking this ranked season so serious that this is a real problem. I don’t respect the way you think and I absolutely do not want to be on your team either, so yes please block me if you think that would reduce our odds of having to party up.

You don’t have the authority to tell me or anyone else how to play the game. There is a dishonor penality in place by ArenaNet to deal with certain actions and if a player knows the consequences and takes the penality that is a choice. The rules allow it. If you can’t get your head around that then perhaps you should be the one not playing.

I’m solo queing. And even if I were team queing it doesn’t affect my credibility or any ones for that matter. Pretty much everybody knows that when you play an multiplayer game and you are randomly added to a queu that you could be matched up with people that ’’suck’’. No this falls under comon decency applicable in many situations outside of gaming.

You know what A-net did, And how the kittened kitten up. And yet knowing that you decide to play the game, knowing that it will frustrate you. Yet u make the decision to take the entire kittening team down with you!!! Your mentality is akin to, well since eveything and everybody else is kittened up, I may as well join the fray. A-net is to blame for this 16 min dishonour nonsense, not the players. Those that play in teams knowingly made this decision because they more likely then not know the randomness of solo queue.

Bad behaviour doesn’t justify any more bad behaviour.

Yeah this logic is not going to work. Why do you think, these kind of penalities exist in the first place? Why do you think that any kind punishment exists? It’s to discourage, to prevent these kind of behaviour. And make you reflect on it. It’s forbidden. It’s forbidden to grief, afk and tank. There is a rules of conduct.

I don’t care about you not respecting my opinion. Why would I care about some guy, that willingly brings others down because he feels bad? You are one out of many that actually is not happy with how A-net handles things. Your logic is flawed.

Second of all, you don’t seem to know what a rule is or you are either willingly ignorant on the obvious meaning of a rule, with the latter more likely bieng the case A penalty is not supposed to be seen as a choice in the same boat as to wheter you are going to eat pizza or mac and cheese for dinner. You are completely skewering the meaning of the word rule.

Who the hell are you to talk to me about the meaning of rules. When yourself argue that this rule is just a simple choice to make.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

U bought the game, and made an agreement some unknown amount of time ago. And now you are intentionally manipulating the outcome of a match. In other words u are breaking the rules. Illegal behaviour can be discouraged by me or anybody else provided, I do not treaten you or enforce said rules. The actions taken when said rule is broken is A-net’s job. It falls under free speech.

I will say it again. I hope you get banned.

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

bruh

[SA]