Druid is way too underpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

As you can see in the title I think Druid is way to underpowered.
Being able to tank 3 offensive spec’d classes at the same time while droping 6k bursts with the pets and being able to support people in a team fight is way too weak.

Here is my suggestion how Anet could make Druid viable:

1) Introduce a Skill with 5 sec cooldown which full heals all allies within the range of 50.000.

2) Increase the pet damage slightly by 700%.

3) Make Druid pulse 4 seconds Weakness and Blind every 2 seconds within a range of 50.000. 90% of the time isn’t enough, we Druids want 100% of the time weakness and blinds.

Thanks

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

(edited by snoow.1694)

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

You should practise on your sarcasm skills

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

1v1ed a friend in the guild arena for fun. My marauder dare devil (I play aggressive no shadow arts) and his cele Druid. We had food on so we could see how long it took. It went back and forth but he finally got me down after almost exactly 20 minutes. We were relaxing/getting bored. So obviously need to buff Druid dps :p that weakness is a kitten tho.

Pancakes
Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Good, shadow arts is only a PvE traitline nowadays anyway, until open world mobs get reveal shivers.

“1v1ed a friend in the guild arena for fun. My marauder dare devil (I play aggressive no shadow arts) and his cele Druid. We had food on so we could see how long it took. It went back and forth but he finally got me down after almost exactly 20 minutes. We were relaxing/getting bored. So obviously need to buff Druid dps :p that weakness is a kitten tho.”

Have you tried reaper? How does that counter druid? Logically it would since they have condition reflects and boon steals. I don’t know what they have for interrupts but know those are important for the big heals.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Honestly. The current..annoyance (I won’t say strength really) of a druid is rather scary for me haha. Ive said it before. But I am worried the base ranger specializations will be toned down to account for the druid. Because a part of me believes they won’t want to nuke the healing in any way shape or form (For good reason in a way. Its the theoretical purpose of the druid)

Seeing as how the core ranger class is on about the same level as base thief and warrior (in how well they work against the new specs). Im not sure if itl survive that kind of shift.

I will say that as a ranger. Fighting a druid is one of the single most depressing things you can do. You generally spend 40-50 seconds fighting something but never being able to kill it. And watching your health fall just barely faster than you can heal/mitigate. The only thing more annoying are tempests and there kitten ed projectile hate.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

1v1ed a friend in the guild arena for fun. My marauder dare devil (I play aggressive no shadow arts) and his cele Druid. We had food on so we could see how long it took. It went back and forth but he finally got me down after almost exactly 20 minutes. We were relaxing/getting bored. So obviously need to buff Druid dps :p that weakness is a kitten tho.

Your freind needs to get bristle pet and proper traitlines. I can 1shot you with bristle f2 on quickness

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Give pets heal options too, like celestial wolf or something. tanking 3 ppl is just too UP, druid needs to tank 5 ppl at least.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

“The current..annoyance (I won’t say strength really) of a druid is rather scary for me haha. I’ve said it before. But I am worried the base ranger specializations will be toned down to account for the druid. "

I think for druid since it’s explicitly a healing spec it should have something like “20% of power is converted to healing power” for its first trait. This way DPS rangers aren’t punished while druid gets pulled in line to still have some viable damage but for the sake of balance accept a tradeoff.

in PvP

Posted by: neville.3420

neville.3420

Treat bunker druids like you would PU mesmers. Just walk away.

You may not be able to kill them, but If you die to them then you’re just bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Haha thats true. Except in PvP the old PU mesmer couldnt hold a point or heal the lord. In this case they can. When there actually inbetween you and the objective you need to win. That becomes an issue.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Well TBH most PU mesmers used to run Condi builds and could easily kill another class 1v1 before the nerfs.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

If you got problems with killing Druids, then stop running Bunker/Bruiser build yourself…

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Druids are healbots.

They’re supposed to heal and tickle.

Not smash like a truck.

L2p.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Give druids heavy armor and max health pool too

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Haha thats true. Except in PvP the old PU mesmer couldnt hold a point or heal the lord. In this case they can. When there actually inbetween you and the objective you need to win. That becomes an issue.

Druids can’t hold a point either. Both of their stability skills take a full second to cast. Just knock them off point and keep them CC’ed. Once you cap it you can be full glass and bunker against them since they do such little damage.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in PvP

Posted by: Schizotypy.8059

Schizotypy.8059

Pets are under-performing atm. Rangers should get some HoT based pets, such as a pack of legendary pocket raptors, a shadow leaping tree frog, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Druids can’t hold a point either. Both of their stability skills take a full second to cast. Just knock them off point and keep them CC’ed. Once you cap it you can be full glass and bunker against them since they do such little damage.

What builds you people run as druids? Do you just trait WS/NM and druid wearing nomad gear while camping staff 24/7? Druids on a ballanced build can drop zerker people in seconds, especially if you time CC.

Yes they can defend AND attack a point, and that’s the reason the spec exists in PvP.

People just don’t want to deal with it because they can’t adapt. Guardians are mad because they are now not the only bunker in game, and DD eles are mad because another cele class can be on par or in a slightly better spot than them.

Oh, and every time I see a cele druid using TU, I wanna laugh and cry at the same time…

in PvP

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

great suggestions, support this thread!
Tell ur family, ur friends, hell yes even ur barber
that guy has dreams

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

It’s basically back to pre-nerf healing sig warrior. Again another example of why they need to get over it and balance PvE and PvP separately. I guarantee you the reason druid heal is so strong is because of raids. But that screws over PvP balance. If they nerf it, however, that is going to screw ranger over in PvE.

When will they finally give in on separating balance. We’ve been asking for it for 3 years now.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

If tanking3 people is how to define OP, how come baseline Guardian hasnt been nerfed yet?

in PvP

Yelloweyedemon.2860

But that screws over PvP balance.

DD ele did not screw pvp ballance for so long.

Bunker burn guards did not screw pvp ballance for so long.

PU mes did not screw pvp ballance for so long.

Thief not allowing any class to run glass cannon did not screw pvp ballance for… 2 years

But yeah.. druid does… Perfect example of people who don’t want any other classes in meta.

Grow up.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Thief not allowing any class to run glass cannon did not screw pvp ballance for… 2 years

But yeah.. druid does… Perfect example of people who don’t want any other classes in meta.

Grow up.

Wait… how does Druid push Thieves/Revs/Mesmers out of meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Grow up.

They push people out the “I dont want to also play healer” meta.

in PvP

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Grow up.

They don’t. Where did I say that? All I said is that specific people do not want more classes in the current meta. That’s all.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

give druid a simple skill : unkillable for 16 minutes… with a cd of 15 minutes .

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

You should practise on your sarcasm skills

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

What about Spirit Watch? I hate capture the flag type of maps because you can’t ignore the tank when he’s the one carrying the flag. Other battlemodes yeah ignore the tank, works well in PvE too since husks are lowest priority due to their lack of cheap mechanics and very heavy armor.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

What ABOUT spirit watch? They’ve got 0 mobility holding the orb so nuke away.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Druids are well balanced right now imo. Strong but not overpowered. Same goes for heralds and chronos.