Druids broken even without minstrel

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

Title.

They’re worse than elementalists and guardians by 100 fold especially on the new stronghold map. If you haven’t met some of the most annoying builds yet, get ready. 2x druids means it takes more than 4 people 5 mins to kill just 2 door guards. Lords become unkillable basically. On conquests they’re just plain ridiculous by keeping evade spamming zerk thieves alive. Even elementalists weren’t as bad as this.

I thought gw2 wouldn’t have the “holy trinity of tank, heal, dps”. We’re almost there with a healer that’s druid and existing dps. We’re only missing tanks and there’s already some form of it with the “taunt” crap.

They should not have removed minstrel in the first place instead they should’ve fixed the kitten broken class. I’m just glad the smoke pet got nerfed already because otherwise they would’ve been able to deal damage and heal at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Compared to the other elites Druid is pretty reasonable. Regardless, changes are sure to happen that will nerf Druid. So don’t you worry!

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

to be fair to druid they are ok…by the way do you main DH. Recently there’s a lot of DH player trying to shift attention away from their OP spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

And druid counters DH quite well in my exp.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

When I play DH, I can honestly say they don’t. They can survive a DH but will eventually die unless they run.

in PvP

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

me (dh) and a thief just went against a druid that just wouldnt die and was practically killing us. took forever to get him down but when he got to 10% he just ran and came back to fight us with full health

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

if u still cant kill a druid 2 v 1…its must be a l2p issue….druid before nerf they are kitten OP but now they are tanky but killable

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Good for you! So let’s not keep pummeling the druid. Has taken a lot of nerf bats to the face in it’s brief existence despite being far from as dominating as other specs/ classes go.

Did you just get in an argument with yourself?

in PvP

Dolt.2731

if u still cant kill a druid 2 v 1…its must be a l2p issue….druid before nerf they are kitten OP but now they are tanky but killable

This guy gets it. Druid is pretty easily locked down. Looooong cast times with very obvious animations. But I suppose typing a complaint is easier than working on game play.

in PvP

Dolt.2731

Good for you! So let’s not keep pummeling the druid. Has taken a lot of nerf bats to the face in it’s brief existence despite being far from as dominating as other specs/ classes go.

Did you just get in an argument with yourself?

No I’m six beers deep and misqouted Now for the seventh.

in PvP

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

100% a l2p issue, all it takes to kill a druid is some CC.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Learn to keep pressure on your opponent instead of yolo burst and run away/hide if it didn’t work.

Mindless Bads should be punished, not supported.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

People just get scared of the high healing numbers and think Druids are impossible to kill. Yeah, they’re capable of good healing but it takes a long time for them to get celestial form, and even then they’re so easy to lockdown. Honestly, Reapers are capable of being tankier and more survivable than any Druid I’ve ever seen.

The problem I think people are having is that they think Druids have celestial form ready 100% of the time when in reality it’s probably only 25% of the time.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Yes they are weaker than other bunker to CC with limited stability and stun breaks, if there’s a problem with Druid it’s that they have too much healing with damage amulets and too much daze spam.

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

They already nerfed both their daze and base healing. Even dragonhunters have comparable daze to druids in addition to their freak damage.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

They already nerfed both their daze and base healing. Even dragonhunters have comparable daze capabilities.

Not with this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moment_of_Clarity trait. 2 seconds per 20 with staff swap, 4 per 24 with glyph, 4 per 5/10 with CF3, then they usually still have taunt and wolf howl or they go Quick Draw with longbow knockbacks.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

So zero defensive traitlines and longbow………

I’ll be waiting for your youtube montage.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

So zero defensive traitlines and longbow………

I’ll be waiting for your youtube montage.

Druid already is defensive as I said lol, tons of free healing and they still have 2 utilities and an elite left in their build for defense. Not only that they are still immobilize spamming with Ancient Seeds and CA5, some taking Entangle.

in PvP

Dolt.2731

Free healing? A druid in ca form is a sitting duck.

in PvP

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

You’re right OP, Druids are broken. And they need buffing.

You’ve clearly never played Druid and therefore have zero understanding of the bad state they’re in, and what you’re basically doing is whining about a profession role functioning as intended – i.e. bringing an improved heal support function to the team.

What Druids lack entirely is stability, and general CC mitigation apart from RaO. Add to this the fact that you’d have to be a real crappy player to let a support Druid actually kill you. In team fights a Druid keeping its teammates alive for longer, in a way, is its damage output.

Basically what you’re asking for is a nerf to the Druid’s capability in achieving this. So what does that leave Druids with then? They have next to no damage and now you want to leave them with no more support than what other professions can bring. That would make the entire profession obsolete.

L2P.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I don’t see how they have any worse defense than normal form, AoE 4 second daze heal into a 4.5k AoE heal channel and/or huge damage slow AoE ending in an immobilize into another daze heal. Leave form and easily get back to it in around 10 seconds if you can aim your staff beam any good.

in PvP

Bryzy.2719

I don’t see how they have any worse defense than normal form, AoE 4 second daze heal into a 4.5k AoE heal channel and/or huge damage slow AoE ending in an immobilize into another daze heal. Leave form and easily get back to it in around 10 seconds if you can aim your staff beam any good.

Another one who’s never played Druid.

While waiting for the incredibly long cast times of Druid skills in CAF, you’re getting dazed, stunned, knocked back, immobilized, launched, feared and a load of damage piled on you. Base healing was severely nerfed for the Druid. For CAF skills to be any good you have to invest heavily in healing power. This then comes at a cost of toughness or vitality. Druids take an absolute pounding from physical damage, particularly when there’s even a hint of CC around, and especially when there’s more than one player attacking them.

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

This guy gets it. Druid is pretty easily locked down. Looooong cast times with very obvious animations. But I suppose typing a complaint is easier than working on game play.

Are we talking about the right class here??

Druids have no cast times on anything, if anything is longer than 1/2s its a channel ability like avatars 4 and 5 skills… everything else is instant or half second.

l2p

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

they just dont get down, yesterday i have 1 in a point and after a long fight ia have him in 10% of his health and and like i miracle oups full health ooooo come on

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Another one who’s never played Druid.

While waiting for the incredibly long cast times of Druid skills in CAF, you’re getting dazed, stunned, knocked back, immobilized, launched, feared and a load of damage piled on you. Base healing was severely nerfed for the Druid. For CAF skills to be any good you have to invest heavily in healing power. This then comes at a cost of toughness or vitality. Druids take an absolute pounding from physical damage, particularly when there’s even a hint of CC around, and especially when there’s more than one player attacking them.

Please I just looked in game and the daze heal is 2.5k with zerker and 4k with channel. That heals like 2 heal skills in 5 seconds while hitting with 8 seconds of CC and it’s easy to charge up with staff beam.

in PvP

Bryzy.2719

they just dont get down, yesterday i have 1 in a point and after a long fight ia have him in 10% of his health and and like i miracle oups full health ooooo come on

Working as intended.

What don’t you understand?

The damage pressure on you fighting that Druid will have been insignificant.

“boohoo I can’t down this Druid because his healing is strong! Yeah I mean, there’s no way he’s killing me in a hundred years either… but still BOOHOO I want the kill and I can’t get it!!”

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ohhhh, Ministrel was not the reason the Druid OPness…. what a surprise…

Thank you for shafting bunker guardians for nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A good Mesmer can burst me down in litteraly 1 second…… Depends of what build u have. Other non-son bursty builds have a problem with me though.

Kima & Co

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

People just get scared of the high healing numbers and think Druids are impossible to kill. Yeah, they’re capable of good healing but it takes a long time for them to get celestial form, and even then they’re so easy to lockdown. Honestly, Reapers are capable of being tankier and more survivable than any Druid I’ve ever seen.

The problem I think people are having is that they think Druids have celestial form ready 100% of the time when in reality it’s probably only 25% of the time.

Exactly. Druid has sustain, so you may need to wait it out. Apply pressure until CAF form expires and then unload. If you interrupt TU, he is pretty well screwed.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

L2p problem,2v1 any class can be beaten in to a pulp with in 10sec max,druid is no better ,play a bit and you will see ,
I was accused of playing op druid while runing normal pew -pew build,saying how much ppl know what they are up against…

If not heavy in healing druid is usseles,and other trait lines offer much more offence deff/balance since that staff beam will nere do much dmg and get you CA form that fast as you say ,10sec is much exagerated and ,beeing in CA form does not make you immune to dmg or cc.

hell just take druid and hit that stupid doll in HoM wil take you 30sec to get CA form if dmg you are dmg orientated ,and you are compering that with ppl who dodge blinde and everything else.

Try-learn> complain> change class if you cant cope

in PvP

Rell.8395

Lol. This is the worst argument ever given. You think only I can “l2p” and the druid can’t? By using sword as a weapon they get 2 evades along with their vigor buffs plus sigils they can practically dodge any amount of “cc” you throw at them. Just because they’ve very few stun break choices doesn’t mean they’re susceptible to stun because by default GW2 gives everybody the ability to dodge cc’s. It doesn’t help that most hard cc’s have their own cast times and animations which makes it even worse. It’s not a learn to play issue, it’s a kittenin kittened design issue.

And the issues I brought up were not 2v1 or 1v1 issues but team fights 3v3 2v3 up to 5v5. Druids simply brought unbalanced mechanics that require a druid on opposite team to compete due to the share amount of healing they bring. The worst case I’ve ever seen was 2 druids + a thief on a conquest point. There’s literally no way to contest even with 5 people because the 2 druids keep each other alive along with thief. Thief goes in and out as he pleases while dealing damage. If your team doesn’t have a druid for the sustain, you’re toast! And don’t say, just switch to another conquest point, well Mr captain obvious, they’re going to switch to another conquest point too!!!

(edited by Rell.8395)

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

man put any 2 bunker builds and dd on a point and you cant just roll over them ,guard engi and ele can do even beter job, than 2 druids with thief.

in PvP

Rell.8395

man put any 2 bunker builds and dd on a point and you cant just roll over them ,guard engi and ele can do even beter job, than 2 druids with thief.

That’s the issue, the two bunkers you said don’t do dmg and can’t heal others as well. Thief in this case actually kills people. Even certain bunker builds can be taken down easily with roots + thief burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Lol. This is the worst argument ever given. You think only I can “l2p” and the druid can’t? By using sword as a weapon they get 2 evades along with their vigor buffs plus sigils they can practically dodge any amount of “cc” you throw at them. Just because they’ve very few stun break choices doesn’t mean they’re susceptible to stun because by default GW2 gives everybody the ability to dodge cc’s. It doesn’t help that most hard cc’s have their own cast times and animations which makes it even worse. It’s not a learn to play issue, it’s a kittenin kittened design issue.

And the issues I brought up were not 2v1 or 1v1 issues but team fights 3v3 2v3 up to 5v5. Druids simply brought unbalanced mechanics that require a druid on opposite team to compete due to the share amount of healing they bring. The worst case I’ve ever seen was 2 druids + a thief on a conquest point. There’s literally no way to contest even with 5 people because the 2 druids keep each other alive along with thief. Thief goes in and out as he pleases while dealing damage. If your team doesn’t have a druid for the sustain, you’re toast! And don’t say, just switch to another conquest point, well Mr captain obvious, they’re going to switch to another conquest point too!!!

If they have 2 druids on 1 point why are you throwing your whole team at 2 bunkers instead of taking the other points?

I’ve full capped points in numerous games that had a druid on them by forcing them off point and cc’ing them to keep them off until I could get the cap. If I couldn’t kill them once the point was capped I would just jump around on point, and maybe throw in a shrug or 2, because they didn’t have the damage to kill me and take it back.

They make such mediocre bunkers with all the cc’s that DH’s, chrono’s and pretty much everyone is throwing around.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in PvP

Dolt.2731

lol… you don’t play druid, or are playing the worst players ever. This chain is a pipe dream against anyone competent, and most druids aren’t even running mm. Those that are running mm, are zerkers with 0 healing. By all means though, keep trying.

Oh and could you please define “another daze heal”? where does that come from? And yeah i’ll just, “use my staff beam good” for 10 secs after leaving ca form… What could possibly go wrong in, 10 secs you say? I’ll just sit here and aa.

(edited by Dolt.2731)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I agree, Druid is broken. Buff please.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

lol… you don’t play druid, or are playing the worst players ever. This chain is a pipe dream against anyone competent, and most druids aren’t even running mm. Those that are running mm, are zerkers with 0 healing. By all means though, keep trying.

Oh and could you please define “another daze heal”? where does that come from? And yeah i’ll just, “use my staff beam good” for 10 secs after leaving ca form… What could possibly go wrong in, 10 secs you say? I’ll just sit here and aa.

Yes as I said amulets with 0 healing heal too much with Druid. “Another daze heal” as in the skill only has a 5 second cooldown and lasts 4 seconds, cast it as soon as you enter form and use both 4 and 5 in either order and cast a daze again, leave the form and still have 25% left and easily charge it up if you can align the beam through your pet. If you have Quick Draw you can also cast it and then do 4/5 and cooldown will be over to cast it again, cast 5/4 and wait 2 seconds with a 2 or 1 and get a third off.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Druid has virtually no stability. CC, chill, and slow are all very effective against it.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Druid has virtually no stability. CC, chill, and slow are all very effective against it.

Yes if you can cast against him but as I said they are spamming AoE daze with damage builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

You only need a reaper, that’s all.

The only change I’d do to druids is the TU heal, it regenerates celestial form too fast imo.

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

Before you nerf druid. How about we bug fix whats giving it a large amount of guaranteed healing then see where it is from there?

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Both Druid and DH are op but I would say Druid > DH

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Druid is in same boat as Scrapper, if you nerf one you gotta nerf the other or one will push the other out of meta gain.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

Druid is OP because of BUGS that are getting fixed. After that it won’t be so strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

druid is too strong. scrapper is too strong. dragonhunter is too strong.

all 3 of them are over the top compared to other builds, but you can’t compare them with eachother because they fulfill different roles and play differently. apples are apples after all and not bananas.

for druids it’s the disruptive playstyle paired with the extreme sustain they can have with avatar and the pet damage they can dish out.

for scrapper it’s the aoe on point pressure they can put out while being very tanky, despite not even using very tanklike amulets, and very capable of healing for large amounts of health while not being a support elite spec.

for dragonhunter it’s the risk vs reward as a dps spec. very good sustain for a dps spec, many hardly avoidable skills and a wide kitten nal of useful skills that other specs could only dream of.

i’m not trying to hate on those specs although it can be very frustrating from time to time, especially when your own elite spec is even worse than the base class… but speaking from an objective view those 3 elite specs/builds are currently overperforming comparing to everything else out there. we do not want to bring other stuff up to their level, powercreep is undesireable..

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

nope. Still, druid > DH = Scrapper.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

And reaper is clearly and totally fine that’s why we’re whining about druids.

in PvP

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

@glaphen.5230: If you have time in forum, request Anet to buff your thief rather than nerf other classes. Only look at the trait description without actually playing it then i can tell you thief is OP.

@OP: Here are the answer from Anet for your druid problem:
- Reduce base heal from skill/trait/ultility => less suvival
- Increase cd by 400% on GM trait Lingering Light => less suvival, less support
- Decrease pet dam by 50% => less dps
- Remove Minstrel amulet, the best stat for a bunker build.
- Ignore tons of bugs on trait, skill, ultility, pet, ….
What else do you want ?

in PvP

glaphen.5230

@glaphen.5230: If you have time in forum, request Anet to buff your thief rather than nerf other classes. Only look at the trait description without actually playing it then i can tell you thief is OP.

@OP: Here are the answer from Anet for your druid problem:
- Reduce base heal from skill/trait/ultility => less suvival
- Increase cd by 400% on GM trait Lingering Light => less suvival, less support
- Decrease pet dam by 50% => less dps
- Remove Minstrel amulet, the best stat for a bunker build.
- Ignore tons of bugs on trait, skill, ultility, pet, ….
What else do you want ?

No thanks, classes need nerfs to fix power creep.

in PvP

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

No thanks, classes need nerfs to fix power creep.

L2P then. Or i suggest playing reaper, scraper, chrono, dragon hunter. They counter druid well.