Druids broken even without minstrel

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

No thanks, classes need nerfs to fix power creep.

L2P then. Or i suggest playing reaper, scraper, chrono, dragon hunter. They counter druid well.

Preventing power creep is more important.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

L2P then. Or i suggest playing reaper, scraper, chrono, dragon hunter. They counter druid well.

Not really. Scrappers don’t have enough burst, Reapers can be kited pretty easily and DH is a worse version of Ranger if you dodge the traps. When I run Druid it takes a small army to kill me, its almost impossible to die 1v1. Chronos might be a threat, I don’t see enough of them to judge.

I’d bet a good amount of gold Druid has the highest win rate among the new professions, it certainly does for me, and by a pretty wide margin.

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

Not really. Scrappers don’t have enough burst, Reapers can be kited pretty easily and DH is a worse version of Ranger if you dodge the traps. When I run Druid it takes a small army to kill me, its almost impossible to die 1v1. Chronos might be a threat, I don’t see enough of them to judge.

I’d bet a good amount of gold Druid has the highest win rate among the new professions, it certainly does for me, and by a pretty wide margin.

This. Immobilize absolute destroy reapers while they’re in shroud.
Chronos are annoying too but they can be dealt with if you pay attention to the new alacrity buff and the aoe cc well.
DH is definitely OP as hell with the traps. They need cast times or remove the daze from instant cast.
Scrappers is on par with Druid in terms of self survivability but in no way do they heals others like druids. In 2v2 a druid can keep himself and one other alive. Don’t give me the focus the druid crap. Do you think the other person is just sitting idly by watching you guys try to kill him?

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Most of the people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about.

Somebody call the whaaambulance

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Free healing? A druid in ca form is a sitting duck.

I don’t see how they have any worse defense than normal form, AoE 4 second daze heal into a 4.5k AoE heal channel and/or huge damage slow AoE ending in an immobilize into another daze heal. Leave form and easily get back to it in around 10 seconds if you can aim your staff beam any good.

lol… you don’t play druid, or are playing the worst players ever. This chain is a pipe dream against anyone competent, and most druids aren’t even running mm. Those that are running mm, are zerkers with 0 healing. By all means though, keep trying.

Oh and could you please define “another daze heal”? where does that come from? And yeah i’ll just, “use my staff beam good” for 10 secs after leaving ca form… What could possibly go wrong in, 10 secs you say? I’ll just sit here and aa.

Yes as I said amulets with 0 healing heal too much with Druid. “Another daze heal” as in the skill only has a 5 second cooldown and lasts 4 seconds, cast it as soon as you enter form and use both 4 and 5 in either order and cast a daze again, leave the form and still have 25% left and easily charge it up if you can align the beam through your pet. If you have Quick Draw you can also cast it and then do 4/5 and cooldown will be over to cast it again, cast 5/4 and wait 2 seconds with a 2 or 1 and get a third off.

With 0 healing ca #3 does 2.4k healing, you are exaggerating. And now I’m running mm and skirmishing, which leaves the third as druid so no nature magic, ws, or bm??

Why the hell would someone let me cast a daze twice?! who are you playing against and what magic build is this? How is me healing my pet to slowly gain af helping my team? I just don’t get it. Please stop filling this thread with garbage.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Yeah, ofc only other classes can take the power creep not ranger.

Nice try. People still want ranger to be a free kill all along.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Free healing? A druid in ca form is a sitting duck.

I don’t see how they have any worse defense than normal form, AoE 4 second daze heal into a 4.5k AoE heal channel and/or huge damage slow AoE ending in an immobilize into another daze heal. Leave form and easily get back to it in around 10 seconds if you can aim your staff beam any good.

lol… you don’t play druid, or are playing the worst players ever. This chain is a pipe dream against anyone competent, and most druids aren’t even running mm. Those that are running mm, are zerkers with 0 healing. By all means though, keep trying.

Oh and could you please define “another daze heal”? where does that come from? And yeah i’ll just, “use my staff beam good” for 10 secs after leaving ca form… What could possibly go wrong in, 10 secs you say? I’ll just sit here and aa.

Yes as I said amulets with 0 healing heal too much with Druid. “Another daze heal” as in the skill only has a 5 second cooldown and lasts 4 seconds, cast it as soon as you enter form and use both 4 and 5 in either order and cast a daze again, leave the form and still have 25% left and easily charge it up if you can align the beam through your pet. If you have Quick Draw you can also cast it and then do 4/5 and cooldown will be over to cast it again, cast 5/4 and wait 2 seconds with a 2 or 1 and get a third off.

With 0 healing ca #3 does 2.4k healing, you are exaggerating. And now I’m running mm and skirmishing, which leaves the third as druid so no nature magic, ws, or bm??

Why the hell would someone let me cast a daze twice?! who are you playing against and what magic build is this? How is me healing my pet to slowly gain af helping my team? I just don’t get it. Please stop filling this thread with garbage.

How am I exaggerating, log in the game yourself and cast it, wow it does exactly as I said. It’s a .75 second cast time in a massive AoE and can be cast 2-3 times in 5-7 seconds, glyph and staff swap is instant. Staff has massive basic attack damage so it’s not like you aren’t doing anything, it’s just a basic player skill to align the beam right while doing high basic attack DPS. I didn’t know those 3 trait lines were mandatory on every single build.

in PvP

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

How am I exaggerating, log in the game yourself and cast it, wow it does exactly as I said. It’s a .75 second cast time in a massive AoE and can be cast 2-3 times in 5-7 seconds, glyph and staff swap is instant. Staff has massive basic attack damage so it’s not like you aren’t doing anything, it’s just a basic player skill to align the beam right while doing high basic attack DPS. I didn’t know those 3 trait lines were mandatory on every single build.

I have no idea how you can cast a 5 second cooldown skill 2-3 times in 5-7 seconds. Perhaps check your math?

And I find your claim of “staff has massive basic attack damage” highly disingenuous. Staff has a base damage of 121 with a power coefficient of 0.3 and pulses 3 times. For comparison, Mesmer greatsword pulses 3 times with damage ranging from 219-381 with a power coefficient of 0.540 to 0.945. Please make note of the difference.

If you are having trouble with Druids, I would suggest a) using Stability; b) using hard CC against the Druid; c) dodging or interrupting a Druid’s skills; d) bringing stunbreaks; e) moving while fighting, rather than staying rooted; and f) actually playing as a Druid and learning its myriad weaknesses through experience.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I have no idea how you can cast a 5 second cooldown skill 2-3 times in 5-7 seconds. Perhaps check your math?

And I find your claim of “staff has massive basic attack damage” highly disingenuous. Staff has a base damage of 121 with a power coefficient of 0.3 and pulses 3 times. For comparison, Mesmer greatsword pulses 3 times with damage ranging from 219-381 with a power coefficient of 0.540 to 0.945. Please make note of the difference.

If you are having trouble with Druids, I would suggest a) using Stability; b) using hard CC against the Druid; c) dodging or interrupting a Druid’s skills; d) bringing stunbreaks; e) moving while fighting, rather than staying rooted; and f) actually playing as a Druid and learning its myriad weaknesses through experience.

Are you serious at the damage whoa 363 damage and .9 scaling at any range while healing compared to 900+ greatsword doing 381 with .94 scaling. Quick Draw makes it 3 casts. You don’t realize how much CC they are spamming lol, need stun breaks and condition clears.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

@glaphen.5230, you could always try learning the majorly telegraphed animation and just dodge it…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Scrimschaw.5784

Are you serious at the damage whoa 363 damage and .9 scaling at any range while healing compared to 900+ greatsword doing 381 with .94 scaling. Quick Draw makes it 3 casts. You don’t realize how much CC they are spamming lol, need stun breaks and condition clears.

I have no idea where you are pulling these numbers from. If you wish me to do the math for you, and add the pulses together—as you seem to be unable—it is 363(0.3) damage on Druid staff (which heals for 66(0.03), and cannot heal the ranger) versus 657(0.54) to 1143(0.945) on Mesmer greatsword. Again, even you should be able to see the difference in damage.

Please also be aware that Quickdraw does not work with CAF skills.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

@glaphen.5230, you could always try learning the majorly telegraphed animation and just dodge it…..

Only 2-3 times does every not ranged team member need to dodge it per CA or face 4 seconds daze+root possibly while the Druid heals 5-7.5k to his team. But again that’s just CA, still have 4 seconds per 24 instantly with glyph and 2 per 10-20 with staff swap, plus any other weapon skills and 2 pets.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Only 2-3 times does every not ranged team member need to dodge it per CA or face 4 seconds daze+root possibly while the Druid heals 5-7.5k to his team. But again that’s just CA, still have 4 seconds per 24 instantly with glyph and 2 per 10-20 with staff swap, plus any other weapon skills and 2 pets.

Do you even play ranger, doesn’t sound like it. I get feeling you seem to think every ranger build has everything there are limits to what a build can take. E.g. most druids take condition clear over daze on staff swap.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Do you even play ranger, doesn’t sound like it. I get feeling you seem to think every ranger build has everything there are limits to what a build can take. E.g. most druids take condition clear over daze on staff swap.

And that is their choice to take condition removal on a damage build over an instant daze and cooldown reduction on their best weapon. As I said I’m arguing against damage builds being too CC spammy with too much healing just by taking Druid, not bunkers that can’t afford the trait and barely scale with healing power compared to base healing.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I have no idea where you are pulling these numbers from. If you wish me to do the math for you, and add the pulses together—as you seem to be unable—it is 363(0.3) damage on Druid staff (which heals for 66(0.03), and cannot heal the ranger) versus 657(0.54) to 1143(0.945) on Mesmer greatsword. Again, even you should be able to see the difference in damage.

Please also be aware that Quickdraw does not work with CAF skills.

So you seem to be able to get the same base damage as me with 363 but don’t do the same basic math to add it up to .3 per pulse into .9. Heals the Druid by activating the passive for 207 health per second from the minor. Again you don’t know how GW2 math adds up because if it says x3 it already added them for you for 381 with .94 scaling at 900+ range if all 3 hits hit. Quick Draw definitely works with CA skills but it has a 9 second cooldown so you won’t have it proc unless you wait till around weapon swap. Also Solar Beam is slightly faster than Spatial Surge so it really does higher damage at any range.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I really hope ANet doesn’t base its ‘balancing’ on threads like this. That said, any mesmers who knows what they’re doing can slaughter a druid. Being on the receiving end of their nonsense, I can tell you it ain’t fun.

Gone to Reddit.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I’m still waiting for you to give me a youtube montage of this build of yours, glaphen. I find it hilarious that someone can complain about a build that nobody in their right mind would even run. It’s like complaining about a poison engi because they can stack poison for years. So scawy.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: MadCat.9172

MadCat.9172

@glaphen.5230: My god, i told you if only look at the trait description then i can say thief is OP. There are huge diffrent between how skill shows and how it actually works.
- You cry about Ancient Seed: Most of time this skill didnt work. Because you need to hit dazed, stunned, knocked down, lauched enemy and the vine pop up like 0.5-1s after the hit, by that time your target can simply walk away and the vine hit nothing . Daze doesnt prevent you from moving and vine is single target. Also vine can be destroy by 1 hit from any melee weapon, wont last longer than 1s in aoe.
- You cry about Daze:
+ GS #5: 1.5 – 3s, cd 20-25s, single melee range 300.
+ SB #5: 1 – 2s, cd 20-25s, single – percie range 900.
+ Staff swap: 1s – 2s, cd 8s, aoe melee with 300 radius.
+ GoE: 2-4s, cd 24-30s, aoe melee with 300 radius, stun break.
+ CA #3: 2 – 4s, cd 5s, aoe range 1200 with 360 radius. Enter CA form has 10s cd
Most of druid daze is melee. Simply dance around and you will evade all of them. In CA form, druid has only 1 CC, cant deal dam and almost ppl enter CA for heal, not daze. If running nearly all of this then you have zero defence. Then what kind of OP you mean ?

in PvP

Scrimschaw.5784

So you seem to be able to get the same base damage as me with 363 but don’t do the same basic math to add it up to .3 per pulse into .9. Heals the Druid by activating the passive for 207 health per second from the minor. Again you don’t know how GW2 math adds up because if it says x3 it already added them for you for 381 with .94 scaling at 900+ range if all 3 hits hit. Quick Draw definitely works with CA skills but it has a 9 second cooldown so you won’t have it proc unless you wait till around weapon swap. Also Solar Beam is slightly faster than Spatial Surge so it really does higher damage at any range.

Apologies for the essay, but it is necessary to address all of your points.

My mistake on the pulse vs…pulsing damage. The discrepancy in the tooltips fooled me. I’ll edit to reflect this, using the official formula for damage:

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Druid staff does [363*1000* 0.3]/2597 = 41.93 base direct damage.

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Mesmer greatsword does [219*1000*0.54]/2597 = kitten (ETA: forty five point five four, as my numbers have been replaced by kittens) base direct damage on the lowest end, up to [381*1000*0.945]/2597 = 138.64 base direct damage.

As you can see, Mesmer greatsword always out-damages Druid staff per hit, even using the lowest possible weapon damage and coefficients on Mesmer greatsword.

At higher power levels, the gap between the two weapons widens further. Using the same formulas, at 2000 power, the base direct damage for Druid staff is 83.87 versus Mesmer greatsword base direct damage from 91.07 to 277.28.

0.3 is the damage multiplier and you do not add these together per pulse. A damage multiplier of 0.3 on one pulse is the same as a damage multiplier of 0.3 on every pulse combined, just as 1*0.3 + 1*0.3 +1*0.3 is the same as 3*0.3. This is reflected in the formula that I have copied above.

Druid staff has a slightly shorter channel time than Mesmer greatsword (1/4 second). Both skills have a small amount of aftercast that makes their weapon speed slightly slower than stated. The variation between the two cannot be calculated without accurate aftercast measurements on Druid staff, and it is entirely irrelevant at ranges >300 units due to the combination of weapon damage and coefficient scaling on Mesmer greatsword.

At 0 Healing Power, if the ranger keeps an ally between his/her enemy and the ally is not at full health, the healing granted by Live Vicariously is 207 (HP coefficient 0.01) per proc (1s ICD). The boon Regeneration at 0 Healing Power heals for 130 (HP coefficient 0.125) per second and is not reliant on weapon choice (Live Vicariously synergizes only with Staff), ranger/ally placement, or ally health. This does not seem unreasonable to me, especially considering that Regeneration scales better with Healing Power than Live Vicariously.

I double checked and you are correct that Quick Draw works with CAF skills, but it requires the ICD to be met. This means that a Druid can choose to either utilize Daze with Staff swap OR with Lunar Impact in CAF, but not both within the same 9 seconds. The Druid also sacrifices an important healing trait or a stunbreak+condition cleanse in order to take the Staff weapon trait, making them more vulnerable to counterplay.

There is counterplay for the Druid’s dazes, even apart from stunbreaks, stability, and blocks. Druids are extremely vulnerable to CC, especially dazes, stuns, and knockbacks. The tells for CAF skills are well-broadcasted, and it is no secret when a Druid enters CAF either. CAF cast times are 1/2 second and up, allowing for interrupts. Ranging a Druid also negates the Druid’s personal healing through Lunar Impact if they are using it offensively.

The Staff weaponswap daze and Glyph are instant-cast, but PbAoEs with limited radii (300 units) and can be avoided by dodging (a single dodge is 300 units), kiting, or ranging the Druid. This is more counterplay than exists for related skills, such as Mesmer’s Mantra of Distraction/Power Lock, which is an instant AoE daze that can be cast from up to 1200 units away.

Hope this fixes some of my earlier mistakes and helps you successfully counter Druids in PvP. Druid is already in a very weak position in PvE, and its healing focus allows it to serve only as a support/CC/bunker in PvP and WvW. If you take away its healing and CC, you are gutting Druid to uselessness in all game modes.

(edited by Scrimschaw.5784)

in PvP

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

reaper and dem chills make a druid a sitting duck for roasting

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Uhh btw i run somthing similar glaphen describes,i had markmanship /skirmish/wildernes (crazy dmg crazy)before druid,then i swaped WS for druid and wrote a qq thread about how difficult is for a power buid to gather energy for CA form>
And this is exactly where he exagerets in how fast you can get in and out of CA.

If you swap GS or Lb for staf you lose a LOT of dmg for a slight gain in energy building ,and then you are not invincible in CA form, good dps build will deplete CA from druid in one rotation alone(final effect is that druid dies) ,since most importantly CA is not a DS that gives secondary HP you get killed easily.

Any stability you have is with cast time easily interrupted.

I dont get what you aim here for glaphen,i saw some of your other posts and they seamed reasonable,are you just trolling here or what?

in PvP

Posted by: Kotte.2460

Kotte.2460

I hope you all know druids main purpose is to HEAL not do dmg

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I hope you all know druids main purpose is to HEAL not do dmg

Indeed, they are supposed to support their team with HEALs and CCs.

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

me (dh) and a thief just went against a druid that just wouldnt die and was practically killing us. took forever to get him down but when he got to 10% he just ran and came back to fight us with full health

You guys couldn’t kill me because I simply dogged through your traps and stub broke out of the thief’s spikes.. and yes it was me you fought. you guys didn’t coordinate spikes, didn’t play off each-others attacks…. i used that to my advantage .. this is a LTP issue

IGN: Itspanda

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Yeah, ofc only other classes can take the power creep not ranger.

Nice try. People still want ranger to be a free kill all along.

Pshh, I’m all for nerfing multiple specs. Go be kitten to someone else.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Apologies for the essay, but it is necessary to address all of your points.

My mistake on the pulse vs…pulsing damage. The discrepancy in the tooltips fooled me. I’ll edit to reflect this, using the official formula for damage:

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Druid staff does [363*1000* 0.3]/2597 = 41.93 base direct damage.

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Mesmer greatsword does [219*1000*0.54]/2597 = kitten (ETA: forty five point five four, as my numbers have been replaced by kittens) base direct damage on the lowest end, up to [381*1000*0.945]/2597 = 138.64 base direct damage.

As you can see, Mesmer greatsword always out-damages Druid staff per hit, even using the lowest possible weapon damage and coefficients on Mesmer greatsword.

At higher power levels, the gap between the two weapons widens further. Using the same formulas, at 2000 power, the base direct damage for Druid staff is 83.87 versus Mesmer greatsword base direct damage from 91.07 to 277.28.

0.3 is the damage multiplier and you do not add these together per pulse. A damage multiplier of 0.3 on one pulse is the same as a damage multiplier of 0.3 on every pulse combined, just as 1*0.3 + 1*0.3 +1*0.3 is the same as 3*0.3. This is reflected in the formula that I have copied above.

Druid staff has a slightly shorter channel time than Mesmer greatsword (1/4 second). Both skills have a small amount of aftercast that makes their weapon speed slightly slower than stated. The variation between the two cannot be calculated without accurate aftercast measurements on Druid staff, and it is entirely irrelevant at ranges >300 units due to the combination of weapon damage and coefficient scaling on Mesmer greatsword.

At 0 Healing Power, if the ranger keeps an ally between his/her enemy and the ally is not at full health, the healing granted by Live Vicariously is 207 (HP coefficient 0.01) per proc (1s ICD). The boon Regeneration at 0 Healing Power heals for 130 (HP coefficient 0.125) per second and is not reliant on weapon choice (Live Vicariously synergizes only with Staff), ranger/ally placement, or ally health. This does not seem unreasonable to me, especially considering that Regeneration scales better with Healing Power than Live Vicariously.

I double checked and you are correct that Quick Draw works with CAF skills, but it requires the ICD to be met. This means that a Druid can choose to either utilize Daze with Staff swap OR with Lunar Impact in CAF, but not both within the same 9 seconds. The Druid also sacrifices an important healing trait or a stunbreak+condition cleanse in order to take the Staff weapon trait, making them more vulnerable to counterplay.

There is counterplay for the Druid’s dazes, even apart from stunbreaks, stability, and blocks. Druids are extremely vulnerable to CC, especially dazes, stuns, and knockbacks. The tells for CAF skills are well-broadcasted, and it is no secret when a Druid enters CAF either. CAF cast times are 1/2 second and up, allowing for interrupts. Ranging a Druid also negates the Druid’s personal healing through Lunar Impact if they are using it offensively.

The Staff weaponswap daze and Glyph are instant-cast, but PbAoEs with limited radii (300 units) and can be avoided by dodging (a single dodge is 300 units), kiting, or ranging the Druid. This is more counterplay than exists for related skills, such as Mesmer’s Mantra of Distraction/Power Lock, which is an instant AoE daze that can be cast from up to 1200 units away.

Hope this fixes some of my earlier mistakes and helps you successfully counter Druids in PvP. Druid is already in a very weak position in PvE, and its healing focus allows it to serve only as a support/CC/bunker in PvP and WvW. If you take away its healing and CC, you are gutting Druid to uselessness in all game modes.

How do you still not see that the .3 is added per pulse. Go use a power amulet and then a no power amulet and compare the damage, extremely simple. Tell me how to dodge instant cast skills. The counterplay to everything in this game is spamming CC, but oh wait the kittening Druid is spamming CC as I said so what if he is counterplaying everything else. I’m not even affected by the build but I see it everywhere in high MMR, I’m pretty much immune to movement impairments and can dodge till dazes are over. The trait was fine when Rangers only had GS and SB to stun/daze, now they added 3 low cooldown AoE with immobilize pulsesx2 that make it more effective than stuns needing both a break and condition removal. The healing is too high for a build with 0 healing power, lower the base and increase the scaling to be equal as it currently is with Cleric.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in PvP

Scrimschaw.5784

How do you still not see that the .3 is added per pulse. Go use a power amulet and then a no power amulet and compare the damage, extremely simple. Tell me how to dodge instant cast skills. The counterplay to everything in this game is spamming CC, but oh wait the kittening Druid is spamming CC as I said so what if he is counterplaying everything else. I’m not even affected by the build but I see it everywhere in high MMR, I’m pretty much immune to movement impairments and can dodge till dazes are over. The trait was fine when Rangers only had GS and SB to stun/daze, now they added 3 low cooldown AoE with immobilize pulsesx2 that make it more effective than stuns needing both a break and condition removal. The healing is too high for a build with 0 healing power, lower the base and increase the scaling to be equal as it currently is with Cleric.

The 0.3 is a multiplier. It is not additive. This is shown in the formulas above, which I laid out for you. If you require me to calculate the damage per pulse, here you go:

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Druid staff does [121*1000* 0.3]/2597 + [121*1000*0.3]/2597 + [121*1000*0.3]/2597= 41.93 base direct damage. I hope this clears it up for you.

Druid dazes and base heal values have already been nerfed. Support and CC are literally the only things this that the Druid elite specialization has to offer over base Ranger. You suggest gutting the prime purpose of an elite specialization so that other players can avoid adjusting their playstyles. This does not strike me as “balanced”, no matter your words.

If you are claiming that Druids cast 3 Lunar Impacts and then remove themselves from CAF, proccing the Staff weaponswap Daze, I would suggest that you respond to the pattern you have identified and dodge backwards (or shadowstep) after the third Lunar Impact to avoid the daze, or simply avoid this conundrum by ranging or using CC yourself if you don’t want to use any active defenses. Since you think the pattern is predictable, you can avoid even an instant-cast skill because you recognize what precedes it. If simply facetanking a Druid with nothing but DPS skills isn’t working, then perhaps it is time to try a new strategy.

It seems hypocritical that you are asking for the Druid’s ability to counterplay (CC) to be removed from the class entirely. The Druid has limited active defenses, limited offense (that is further limited by time in CAF), and you want to remove any ability they have to defend themselves with CC because you are unwilling to change your playstyle—which you have stated is not negatively affected by the Druid anyhow, so I’m not sure what your game is here. It seems you are more than willing to gut an entire elite specialization out of sheer dislike for the playstyle.

(edited by Scrimschaw.5784)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

The 0.3 is a multiplier. It is not additive. This is shown in the formulas above, which I laid out for you. If you require me to calculate the damage per pulse, here you go:

At 1000 power, with the target’s armor set at 2597, Druid staff does [121*1000* 0.3]/2597 + [121*1000*0.3]/2597 + [121*1000*0.3]/2597= 41.93 base direct damage. I hope this clears it up for you.

Druid dazes and base heal values have already been nerfed. Support and CC are literally the only things this that the Druid elite specialization has to offer over base Ranger. You suggest gutting the prime purpose of an elite specialization so that other players can avoid adjusting their playstyles. This does not strike me as “balanced”, no matter your words.

If you are claiming that Druids cast 3 Lunar Impacts and then remove themselves from CAF, proccing the Staff weaponswap Daze, I would suggest that you respond to the pattern you have identified and dodge backwards (or shadowstep) after the third Lunar Impact to avoid the daze, or simply avoid this conundrum by ranging or using CC yourself if you don’t want to use any active defenses. Since you think the pattern is predictable, you can avoid even an instant-cast skill because you recognize what precedes it. If simply facetanking a Druid with nothing but DPS skills isn’t working, then perhaps it is time to try a new strategy.

It seems hypocritical that you are asking for the Druid’s ability to counterplay (CC) to be removed from the class entirely. The Druid has limited active defenses, limited offense (that is further limited by time in CAF), and you want to remove any ability they have to defend themselves with CC because you are unwilling to change your playstyle—which you have stated is not negatively affected by the Druid anyhow, so I’m not sure what your game is here. It seems you are more than willing to gut an entire elite specialization out of sheer dislike for the playstyle.

My god you are kittened. How do you write this much and refuse to do the simple thing of going on to your main class and testing it yourself. It’s .9 per cast because it’s .3 per pulse, kitten off if you refuse to test something used in other abilities too. Just because something was nerfed once does not make it balanced. Daze isn’t their only CC and again only the CA3 has a cast time but it also casts multiple times and heals. Even if you predict it (which isn’t a valid argument) everyone on the team has to do the same and still all dodge CA3 2-3 times while still being hit by other dazes and CC from the Druid/pet and suffer immobilize spam from CA5/any AoE daze combined with an AoE hit.

in PvP

Scrimschaw.5784

My god you are kittened. How do you write this much and refuse to do the simple thing of going on to your main class and testing it yourself. It’s .9 per cast because it’s .3 per pulse, kitten off if you refuse to test something used in other abilities too. Just because something was nerfed once does not make it balanced. Daze isn’t their only CC and again only the CA3 has a cast time but it also casts multiple times and heals. Even if you predict it (which isn’t a valid argument) everyone on the team has to do the same and still all dodge CA3 2-3 times while still being hit by other dazes and CC from the Druid/pet and suffer immobilize spam from CA5/any AoE daze combined with an AoE hit.

If you can provide the calculations, please do so. I am interested to know why Druid staff damage works differently than every other damage source in the game. Otherwise, I am done with you. Your main argument is that you want Druids to be nerfed so they aren’t a challenge for your team, and you refuse to use any skillful play to counter abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

yo, glaphen maybe stop running clerics theif. it would be easier to kill a druid with just about anything else.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

glaphen.5230

If you can provide the calculations, please do so. I am interested to know why Druid staff damage works differently than every other damage source in the game. Otherwise, I am done with you. Your main argument is that you want Druids to be nerfed so they aren’t a challenge for your team, and you refuse to use any skillful play to counter abilities.

It’s basic GW2 logic, if it says (number x) then the damage calculation is already done where number is the max amount of hits of the skill and the damage if all hits hit. If it doesn’t say that and hits multiple times then that is the damage of each hit. Mesmer greatsword clearly says (3x) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spatial_Surge. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Solar_Beam this doesn’t so you multiply what you see by the pulses. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault This skill hits 7 times for 202 with .715 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Path_of_Scars This hits twice for 235 with 1.2 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade This skill hits two times for 121 with .3305 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blurred_Frenzy This skill does 880 damage over 8 hits with 2.4 scaling over 8 hits. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hundred_Blades This skill does 1571 over 8 hits with 4.21 scaling over 8 hits and finishes with a 410 hit with 1.1 scaling.

in PvP

Scrimschaw.5784

It’s basic GW2 logic, if it says (number x) then the damage calculation is already done where number is the max amount of hits of the skill and the damage if all hits hit. If it doesn’t say that and hits multiple times then that is the damage of each hit. Mesmer greatsword clearly says (3x) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spatial_Surge. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Solar_Beam this doesn’t so you multiply what you see by the pulses. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unrelenting_Assault This skill hits 7 times for 202 with .715 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Path_of_Scars This hits twice for 235 with 1.2 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vapor_Blade This skill hits two times for 121 with .3305 scaling per hit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blurred_Frenzy This skill does 880 damage over 8 hits with 2.4 scaling over 8 hits. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hundred_Blades This skill does 1571 over 8 hits with 4.21 scaling over 8 hits and finishes with a 410 hit with 1.1 scaling.

Thank you for providing numbers (no formulas), but you are still mistaken. Guild Wars 2 math logic follows the same rules as other math logic. I have provided you the formula for base damage according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki and shown you the calculations. The power multiplier does not scale with the number of hits according to the equation off of which in-game Guild Wars 2 damage is based. There is nothing more I can do for you here.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Thank you for providing numbers (no formulas), but you are still mistaken. Guild Wars 2 math logic follows the same rules as other math logic. I have provided you the formula for base damage according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki and shown you the calculations. The power multiplier does not scale with the number of hits according to the equation off of which in-game Guild Wars 2 damage is based. There is nothing more I can do for you here.

Are you serious just go kittening test it in game already, tired of dealing with you. Go kill a dummy with zerker Druid staff and Mesmer GS basic attacks, see which kills it first.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Are you serious just go kittening test it in game already, tired of dealing with you. Go kill a dummy with zerker Druid staff and Mesmer GS basic attacks, see which kills it first.

I dare you to use all Druid “attacks” and all Mesmer attacks, and post again who killed Dummy first ;-), Druid staff has average DPS and lack any ability to burst, while Mesmer GS is a BURST weapon.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

I dare you to use all Druid “attacks” and all Mesmer attacks, and post again who killed Dummy first ;-)

Alright let’s add in pets too, don’t forget to add in AoE spam so the zerkers die instantly with 1 attack off at most. Wisp spam is a damage increase too.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I dare you to use all Druid “attacks” and all Mesmer attacks, and post again who killed Dummy first ;-)

Alright let’s add in pets too, don’t forget to add in AoE spam so the zerkers die instantly with 1 attack off at most. Wisp spam is a damage increase too.

Sure, don’t forget to count damage from Phantasm and Shatters…

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Sure, don’t forget to count damage from Phantasm and Shatters…

Yes I said zerkers, Shatters from long range with what clone generating skills, or are you going melee and lose the GS damage.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Yes I said zerkers, Shatters from long range with what clone generating skills, or are you going melee and lose the GS damage.

Have you ever played Mesmer or you’re trolling? Anyway Gnite.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Have you? They have 3,396 health and the Mesmers toughness, Smokescale has like 23k health and high toughness. Only clones you got is once every 8 seconds and the Phantasm if it survives till it walks over so a 2 clone shatter with just GS.

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

He’s either trolling or… woosh!

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Regarding autoattack of druid staff and mesmer gs, glaphen is right – they deal similar dmg at max range, staff is better at close range. But auto is pretty much the only real dmg source of druid’s staff. Overall mesmer has way better dmg and especially burst than druid.

About MoC druid – i can’t belive, somebody is complaining about this kind of build. Because it sucks. It has either mediocre survability and low burst or mediocre burst and low survability. All it can do is dazing, wow. It gets absolutely hardcountered by stability. Weak against cc and burst. Which some other classes can do much better than MoC druid. Ancient seeds doesn’t even work most of the time, this trait is only strong on paper. Just like MoC druid. It is a troll build, which can wreck inexperienced or stupid players, or other weak builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

I agree, Druid is broken. Buff please.

This guy gets it!

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in PvP

Posted by: OpenYourEyes.3951

OpenYourEyes.3951

It happens in wvw, 3 thieves can’t beat a druid.
He can leave whilr taking all the damage. And heal with stealth combo and run with staff 5. kitten druid.
And still have high dps with their pets.
kitten pets.

in PvP

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

to be fair to druid they are ok…by the way do you main DH. Recently there’s a lot of DH player trying to shift attention away from their OP spec.

rofl. which spec is that?

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I heard Necros are pretty OP around here? 8 months?
/sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

8 month old thread —- check
Complaint about a game mode other than pvp —-- check
Complaint is an l2p issue —- check