Dueling

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Bashi.8902

Bashi.8902

I myself am a huge dueling fan and would love a 1v1 duel mode for pvp.
I wouldnt care if people would have to use normalized gear or not aswell.
It would just add another layer of depth into the game that alot of people will enjoy for sure.

How about the idea? Did anyone ever brought it up before? Did ANet ever respond?

I think making a poll for this would be a great idea…

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Did anyone ever brought it up before?

No

You know what happend after the last poll? Solo/duo q – that include class stacking… you are sure you want a poll?

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

You want a dueling mode with ranking? Because otherwise, you just have custom arenas, and you can easily create dueling competitions.

Dueling

in PvP

Bashi.8902

You want a dueling mode with ranking? Because otherwise, you just have custom arenas, and you can easily create dueling competitions.

With rankings during a season and unranked offseason ^^

Dueling

in PvP

Bashi.8902

Did anyone ever brought it up before?

No

You know what happend after the last poll? Solo/duo q – that include class stacking… you are sure you want a poll?

Yes because they listened to the poll.
It wasnt a good decision imo but they did it and listened to the majority

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Solo/duo-q was and is a good decision. But I guess we’ll see how the community feels when they re-open the polls at the end of the season.

I am a teef
:)

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Solo/duo-q was and is a good decision. But I guess we’ll see how the community feels when they re-open the polls at the end of the season.

Solo Queue was a good decision, Duo Queue not so. The vote went the way it did because people don’t want merged queues. People were tired of playing solo and going up against teams of players, just as they even now complain about going against duo queue teams. Team Queue should have never been completely removed though.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Solo Queue was a good decision, Duo Queue not so. The vote went the way it did because people don’t want merged queues. People were tired of playing solo and going up against teams of players, just as they even now complain about going against duo queue teams. Team Queue should have never been completely removed though.

I can’t speak for others but when they put the vote out I thought we were only voting in an option to play solo/duo q while still having a 5 man queue, the same set up as LoL had for a while. You could either ranked as a 5 man or have another queue for duo/solo.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I can’t speak for others but when they put the vote out I thought we were only voting in an option to play solo/duo q while still having a 5 man queue, the same set up as LoL had for a while. You could either ranked as a 5 man or have another queue for duo/solo.

Yeah I think this was the impression most people had.

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Yeah I think this was the impression most people had.

I assumed that as well, because that would have made sense. But Anet rarely does what makes sense.

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Psilence.2859

Psilence.2859

I’d love to see a Ranked dueling option available. I personally don’t enjoy the informal duels of Custom Arenas with no real way to measure skill or improvement, having a fast easy way to queue into duels would be a really fun option when losing because of bad teammates gets too tiresome to deal with anymore.

Unfortunately, duels are unlikely to ever become “esports” and Anet is unlikely to devote a developers time to implementing it unless there’s a significant number of people loudly voicing interest in it. Which is sad since it would be the simplest new PvP format to implement… a straightforward matchmaking queue, and a small Courtyard deathmatch style arena.

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

1v1 duels are fun and all, but not really worthy of having it’s own queue. It’s just a little something to do to kill time or brush up on skills. Personally I feel the methods currently available for dueling are adequate, but it would be fun to have some sort of public dueling arena in HotM.

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

1v1 duels are fun and all, but not really worthy of having it’s own queue. It’s just a little something to do to kill time or brush up on skills. Personally I feel the methods currently available for dueling are adequate, but it would be fun to have some sort of public dueling arena in HotM.

Actually that could be easy, put a interactive statue that change your allegiance in HoTM ( just like the anomalies thing or the mursaat armor ) or just put a free for all guild hall arena in HoTM.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Actually that could be easy, put a interactive statue that change your allegiance in HoTM ( just like the anomalies thing or the mursaat armor ) or just put a free for all guild hall arena in HoTM.

Yeah, I was imagining something along the lines of the arenas in guild halls placed in HotM. The issues I see though, is how to handle it. If you make it so anyone can jump in and join, then we have the risk of people running in and trolling duels. If you make it instanced, then no one can stand around and watch the duel take place, and at that point it wouldn’t be much different than a duel server. If you make it so that only two people can join at a time, there will always be arguing over who gets to use the arena next.

So not sure what the best way to implement a public duel arena into HotM without making it instanced would be.

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

That’s why I suggested a free for all arena. It makes people able to do several 1v1 in the arena and allow people to watch as well. the devs don’t spend too much time on it. And people can yell at each other freely.

I believe an arena like this would be able to resolve HoTM problem: people that block each other but fights in the map chat with “You are a kitten, I could kill you 1v1 easy”. And provide a good laugh for others.

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

If it was just a big free for all arena though, what is to stop people from jumping in and trolling people’s duels?

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Wargameur.6950

If it was just a big free for all arena though, what is to stop people from jumping in and trolling people’s duels?

Kindness. First step to reform pvp’s negativity ^^

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Kindness. First step to reform pvp’s negativity ^^

Yeah………….I don’t think that is a viable option.

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

I sort of remember there was something wrong with creating the traditional mmo system where you can right click and invite to a duel anyone in most areas of the world, but I can’t remember the reason they didn’t implement this (along with an ignore or prevent duel invites option in the menu). Can anyone refresh my mind?

Dueling

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I sort of remember there was something wrong with creating the traditional mmo system where you can right click and invite to a duel anyone in most areas of the world, but I can’t remember the reason they didn’t implement this (along with an ignore or prevent duel invites option in the menu). Can anyone refresh my mind?

PvE players din’t want this in their zones. Can’t blame them really. Even if you block people that harass you about it or turn off duel invites, it can get annoying for some people when you have people all over the place dueling each other when they just want to enjoy the PvE scene. However, I see no reason why this system couldn’t be allowed strictly in HotM.

Gate of Madness

Dueling

in PvP

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

PvE players din’t want this in their zones. Can’t blame them really. Even if you block people that harass you about it or turn off duel invites, it can get annoying for some people when you have people all over the place dueling each other when they just want to enjoy the PvE scene. However, I see no reason why this system couldn’t be allowed strictly in HotM.

I see. And there could also be specific places or gladiator arenas where players could duel even in the open world. If they restrict this to only some spots where even the pve players can come and admire other gladiators face off one another I think it would be a win-win.