Duels. The reason why!

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

Hello! so we know that duels are somewhere on the bottom of “to do list”. I stronyly disagree that duels are not that important and here is why:

GW2 PvP is hard to understand if you playing it first time, a lot of people going to play hotjoin for the first time and they are dying like crazy… this make them sad and this automatically cause very bad opinion about spvp and a lot of times, resignation from playing spvp… but why is that? Because people dont know mechanics of other classes, they dont know what they should dodge roll and how animations of different skills looks like. Now, imagine if we have duel system in the mists, standard duel system where we right click on the player name and we can duel him. New players will be able to fight 1 v 1 with classes that they want to fight, they will be able to learn skill animations and learn how to counter specific classes! this will be also great for old players who want to test builds vs friends and people will be able to duel while waiting in QUEs! No more standing on the stairs!

And yes, I know… we can duel on hotjoints. But did any1 try to duel here? How long you can duel? after 2 min you will have 1 idiot who will join jsut to destroy your duel, and believe or not but there are people who just snipe arenas with 2 ppl to kill them while dueling.

Also new players dont have friends/guild to duel on hotjoin arena.

Please duels are so easy to make. We need them!

(edited by Mssg.7804)

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Wont custom arenas allow ppl to duel there hearts out?

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Wont custom arenas allow ppl to duel there hearts out?

For a price, maybe.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

What’s the price Shanks?

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Mssg.7804

Well the best part of duels is that you should be able to right click on player and start duel, joining arenas etc make this just complicated without any sense. Its like order pizza or going to the restaurant to eat that pizza.

We dont know price of custom arenas yet. They will cost euros/dollars or tickets.

And as I say, not every1 have people to play with… so we need duels in mists.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

We need duels outside of spvp, some of us like fighting friends with our customized gear, racial abilties and exotic skins. Some people love wvwvw and pvp but hate hotm and everything to do with it. Sorry but that thing that spawns in my place when I join hotm is NOT my character.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Mssg.7804

We need duels outside of spvp, some of us like fighting friends with our customized gear, racial abilties and exotic skins. Some people love wvwvw and pvp but hate hotm and everything to do with it. Sorry but that thing that spawns in my place when I join hotm is NOT my character.

Well, yeah I agree This will be even better! Dueling inside the castle on WvW while no1 is attacking! <3

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Totally agree with you, so we need 2 types of duels, one for your fake hotm char and one for your real PvE/WvWvW char!

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Mssg.7804

Totally agree with you, so we need 2 types of duels, one for your fake hotm char and one for your real PvE/WvWvW char![/quote]

This will be just 1 type of duels ;p just allowed in any palce.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: reedju.5786

reedju.5786

LMAO this is hilarious. I feel the same way when I see my necro/other profs on my loading screen in level 2 gear. I had never really thought about the reciprocal effect of it. There should be a better way to allow you to have the look you want across PvE/PvP but with all that needs to be implemented I am willing to wait. In my case my “PvE” character is not mine, I have no love or affiliation to anything besides my gladiator style PvP gear.

Black Avarice

(edited by reedju.5786)

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I guess it would be nice to have dueling. In both sides of the game. But, I feel like it’s just going to get pushed aside for more important things.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Duels should be an open world thing, not an SPVP thing.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Mssg.7804

Duels should be an open world thing, not an SPVP thing.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Sorry but that thing that spawns in my place when I join hotm is NOT my character.

It’s your characters spirit in an ethereal plane.

Making PvE gear a display option in the mists or mists gear an option in the PvE world would make no sense.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

It’s your characters spirit in an ethereal plane.

Making PvE gear a display option in the mists or mists gear an option in the PvE world would make no sense.

As opposed to carrying over everything inside my bags? By your logic we should appear naked, what difference does it make appearing in my gear than appearing in starter pvp set?

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Tbh this topic should not exist.

Duels should be in. Period. Question is Duels – why NOT?

It’s easier to experiment with friends, theorycraft skills and practice it to see how it works and just to practice vs certain classes and races.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Completely 100% agree. They are competitive, entertaining and allows you to fine-tune your skills against specific classes which is necessary. A duel system basically already existed even in the Mists. If you go north you can 1 vs1 against an NPC of each class so I don’t see why we aren’t given player-to-player dueling yet.

I wouldn’t like to see it outside of the Mists obviously, but making a simple arena area (even in the area up north to the NPC duelist) and once inside you can create duels. That would be the best way I think to make it fit right in the game and include the feature.

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Completely 100% agree. They are competitive, entertaining and allows you to fine-tune your skills against specific classes which is necessary. A duel system basically already existed even in the Mists. If you go north you can 1 vs1 against an NPC of each class so I don’t see why we aren’t given player-to-player dueling yet.

I wouldn’t like to see it outside of the Mists obviously, but making a simple arena area (even in the area up north to the NPC duelist) and once inside you can create duels. That would be the best way I think to make it fit right in the game and include the feature.

That would be nice! +1

I also want to see my spvp gear on character screen!

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

That would be nice! +1

I also want to see my spvp gear on character screen!

I like that idea as well!

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusGood.5270

MarcusGood.5270

I agree with this! I dunno how easy or hard a /duel would be to implement tho -kuruppt

I Kurupt I NecrO
United Tourny Playaz [uPVP]
Team 16 & Pregnant [bUmP]

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

here we go again…
still can’t believe this isn’t in the game yet, a pvp game without dueling?
all my arena teams in wow were made by meeting good players through dueling.
and you need dueling to test new specs, learn other classes, practice timing and combos, build a pvp community…and its just fun.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Devs are pushing “competitive, e-sport” thing too much. It’s bad for the game’s health, and it’s getting boring.

On my frozen WoW char, I have listed over 4000 duels. I built my PvP knowledge almost entirely by dueling. I dueled these “snow mages” so much, that I managed to get about 70% win chance against them in a fair fight. Some classes I could beat with almost 100% chance. Many times I managed to take down 2 opponents solo in 2vs2 arena, few times won 1vs3, and that’s only because I duelled a lot.

In GW2, there are some dueling servers, but they are rare, and there will be always some jerk who interrupts a fight. In other words, they are not worth the effort.

I would like to see duels in the Mists, AND in open world. Why in open world? Because… because it would be fun?

PS: give us gold from sPvP, so we can buy some parts of gear to fight in open world.

Signed, level 1 alt

Duels. The reason why!

in PvP

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

is even useless to decide if should be pvp pve or istanced, it should be everywhere.
target character—> rightclick—> duel—>party-like request—> if accepted name become red and fight!
this should be viable i cityes, open world, hearth of the mist, lol i’d say wvw too!
lorewise is feasible since how can we think that in cityes full of armed heroes not even a single pub fight happens?
not even a norn getting drunk and laying a hand that cute mesmer + and starting a pub mayhem?
can you imagine lionguard trying top stop that?
beeing serious idon’t think that duels inside cityes would disturb that much since you can already cast spels there!