Duo queue hurts match quality.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It hurts match quality ALOT. If you have the top 2 rated people in duo queue together then obviously their team will win. Which is stupid. Think about it for a second. Imagine how much more balanced the matches would be if it was solo queue only.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

I would also like to see soloq only for the next season, just provides fairer matches.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

It hurts match quality ALOT. If you have the top 2 rated people in duo queue together then obviously their team will win. Which is stupid. Think about it for a second. Imagine how much more balanced the matches would be if it was solo queue only.

I doubt the data would back you up regarding the competitiveness factor. I’ve played in many matches with all solos that weren’t competitive at all. There are a bunch of factors that can decide whether a match is competitive or not. Losing one bad fight can lead to a steam roll effect that basically makes what would have been a competitive match into a 200+ point blowout. There will always be something too cry about. I would be fine with having an all solo queue but then they need to bring back the group queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

As long as the system does not put two duo against five solo it should be OK.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

I actually agree.
Sure, there are situations where it doesn’t make as much of a difference, but the higher the division, the less players of similar rating queuing, the further away from primetime, etc, it produces the same issues as the old mixed qs did. Obviously less extreme, but they’re still there.

We’re in a better place than we were, the season is really pretty good overall, but I think it’d be better if we just removed the duoq, went back to soloq only, in addition to whatever is being prepared for 5man (I surely hope something is, right?)

-

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I actually agree.
Sure, there are situations where it doesn’t make as much of a difference, but the higher the division, the less players of similar rating queuing, the further away from primetime, etc, it produces the same issues as the old mixed qs did. Obviously less extreme, but they’re still there.

We’re in a better place than we were, the season is really pretty good overall, but I think it’d be better if we just removed the duoq, went back to soloq only, in addition to whatever is being prepared for 5man (I surely hope something is, right?)

Yeah, that’s pretty much unavoidable. There is always a tradeoff between “perfect” matchmaking, and time in the queue. The PvP team have to balance how much each one sucks.

I don’t envy them that part of the job!