E-Sport has to stop...

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This whole Anet hosted E-Sports stuff has to go, we were wanting more balance updates than 1 per month (Every other bein but fixes, thus 1 every 2 months). Pax put a halt to big changes and left us in the worst meta the game has seen for longer than it should have been showcased. I’m all for pvp events, but don’t let it take away from development. There is far too much to be looked at currently for taking long development breaks just to have month+ long pvp events.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just like, uh, your opinion, man.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

H’erp uh… D’erp… Like… Durrr…

No, common sense says if a game isn’t in a good place for e-sports, and needs a lot of help balancing, you don’t push it into something it isn’t ready for and hold balancing off. Like I said, dev hosted pvp events are fine, but don’t throw fixing the game to the curb just to do so.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Agree with the OP.
There is no real reason to focus that much on e-sport and cash tournament when the game is clearly broken and people are not interested/involved into.

Get real, PAX regional Finals had 4k viewers at best over a pool of 3 million GW2 buyers at least. I think it is time for ANet to check their priorities.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I suspect that the gameplay is so different and fast from the typical PVE MMORG that it is very difficult for people from the playerbase to achieve the level of skill needed to compete.

And therefore the relatively few players that get really good just dominate anyone else in the SoloQ or Tourneys…and the other people just give up and go back to doing something else.

This severely limits the popularity of PvP.

Also, it’s so fast that it is not really fun to watch the matches. Everything happens much too fast to know what is going on, other than this guy dies or that guy dies…which is pretty much the only thing I hear the game announcers say. They can’t talk about the successful rotations or how one guy just beat another…it is over in 2 seconds in a blur.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

really it’s funny because at first blush, the pvp in this game seems amazing. lots of dodge rolls and blinks and bursts and general fast pace. they may even think it takes some kind of skill to win in this game but it is just an illusion easily dispelled by playing a fotm build for a little bit.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

The combat in this game looks pretty fluid – as long as its a warrior vs warrior fight out in the open. Anything else looks like it was Michael Bay directing a Lord of the Rings movie.

This game is more a casual e-sport then a real e-sport title.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

-_- I’m glad someone else brought it up.

I and a bunch of online friends in the same boat even had to remove GW2 from the twitter text Msgs (it’s been handy to get quick info since beta) but now it’s just consistent self advertisement to get people to watch, I check it out after all these texts realize it’s the same crap in a boring meta and turned it off.

I agree with OP to much work needs to be done and things need to change much faster than they have been.

What I really don’t get is why significant balance updates don’t go on during these events? Is it really that unfair to the players?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Kyotee.7851

Kyotee.7851

I suspect that the gameplay is so different and fast from the typical PVE MMORG that it is very difficult for people from the playerbase to achieve the level of skill needed to compete.

And therefore the relatively few players that get really good just dominate anyone else in the SoloQ or Tourneys…and the other people just give up and go back to doing something else.

Also, it’s so fast that it is not really fun to watch the matches. Everything happens much too fast to know what is going on, other than this guy dies or that guy dies…which is pretty much the only thing I hear the game announcers say. They can’t talk about the successful rotations or how one guy just beat another…it is over in 2 seconds in a blur.

I agree that the game play is different. I don’t agree that this game takes some kind of amazing skill to be good at. It’s actually one of the easiest MMORPGS I have ever played. As a matter of fact I grew bored of it after a few months. Same limited number of skills, same combos. Only thing that takes more skill is timing your dodges. I would argue other MMORPGS with 3 or 4 times the number of skills to use, as well as more CC possibilities to use or counter take much more skill.

No offense intended here, this game is fun. But don’t delude yourself into thinking this game takes huge amounts of skill. I say just the opposite. Just an opinion of someone with 16 years of MMORPG experience, and pretty much pvp’d extensively the last 10 years of that time. I grew so bored of this game’s mechanics so quickly. I’d rather play a good FPS competitively than this game – and I believe said FPS genre take more skill to be good at than GW2.

Have a good one!

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Kyotee,

For most people used to fighting mobs, being focused by two fast-moving players at once is too much to dodge. You have conditions ticking and needing to be cleansed. You have DPS coming in fast, you are being stunned and cannot move…and still you are required to outplay both of them. Perhaps one of them is ranged.

It does take skill to handle all that and manage your cooldowns and prioritize your heals vs DPSing back, as far as I can see.

Regardless of what some people boast, I see very few people able to win a 1v2. You cannot stomp the second player, he revives while you keep fighting the first, and kills you.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

That also means it can’t be very intelligent. Ever tried to play Chess with 5 seconds + 2 seconds per move? Because that’s how the game feels now.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

That also means it can’t be very intelligent. Ever tried to play chess with 5 seconds + 2 seconds per move? Because that’s how the game feels now.

That is a very good observation.

People “finger memorize” several combos and spam them, I guess.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

They should focus more on the MMO/PvP player, not the 1% involved in e-sports. Because soon only that 1% will stay.

If you don’t want to split your community, please devs, seroiusly think about bringning in a Heroes’ Ascent type of gamemode from GW1: would only need 1 que and would still have tons of maps and gamemodes and winning could actually have a meaning Some new gamemodes or some old as reworked, and add a solojoin option. Could work out pretty well I guess

Just replace hotjoin with it. Not splitting the community is just = not giving content to play in PvP.

Keep Team Arena your e-sport scene and add a guild rating to it, because top teams are already guilds.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I do think it was a rather dumb decision to hold off balancing until after PAX. The GW2 esports scene is miniscule, the tournament has no significance beyond itself, a number of the good/known teams aren’t using their full rosters or aren’t even there due to region restrictions, etc.

This is a puny little tournament that means practically nothing to anyone outside of those participating in it and the very few people supporting GW2 esports. And yet, despite that, the entire GW2 population is forced to wait months for critical balance changes so that the players in the tournament have it a little easier.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I think, that if the patch after PAX isn’t “meaningful,” then this game is going to fizzle out for most players. Investing time into PvP doesn’t feel meaningful, and playing the current metagame at times just feels like an exercise of banging ones head against a wall, while stopping every once in a while to try to roll their face on the keyboard.

More importantly though, the game just isn’t fun to watch. There are flashes and AoE circles and flames and etc all over the screen at any given time, and to a more casual viewer who you’d be trying to advertise the PvP in the game to, it’s almost impossible to follow what’s going on with most classes, especially since there are so many functions that are being passively handled by so many classes.

This game has a lot of potential, but there are many things that have sat stagnant for too long, and pushing for an “esport” tourny this early may end up receiving more negative blowback than positive results.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

@jcbroe, they are pushing e-sports snce headstart.. and yeah everyone blames this for the game’s poor gamemode variety.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

If they could do it similar to the way LoL does, that is, have tournament matches played on a few patches previous than live, you wouldn’t have to punish every single pvp players for the sake of a couple dozen competitive players. (Though it may not be feasible for technical reason). A PBE would also go a long way to help – I understand they want to keep LS stuff under wraps, but a purely PvP PBE might really help test future balance changes.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

milo.6942

@jcbroe, they are pushing e-sports snce headstart.. and yeah everyone blames this for the game’s poor gamemode variety.

game mode variety is limited by the fundamentals of the combat system. devs have said as much before. things like no energy (which contributes to elites on 1+ minute cooldowns) and no healers (greatly reduces teamfight time) prevent team deathmatch modes from lasting long enough to mean anything.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

What game is fun to watch? Most popular e-sport games give me eye cancer after couple min.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

game mode variety is limited by the fundamentals of the combat system. devs have said as much before. things like no energy (which contributes to elites on 1+ minute cooldowns) and no healers (greatly reduces teamfight time) prevent team deathmatch modes from lasting long enough to mean anything.

A midfight can last for 1-2 mins. Do you need more for a deathmatch? We need a mode to just ‘chill out’.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

What game is fun to watch? Most popular e-sport games give me eye cancer after couple min.

I can watch most of the fighting games that were at EVO 2013 this year, except Marvel vs Capcom, which is trying to kill people with and without epilepsy, as well as FPS games like Call of Duty and Halo, and third person tournys like Gears of War. Starcraft is watchable, as are MOBA’s like DOTA and LoL, and of course, Smite can be pretty entertaining to watch too.

There’s just something about Guild Wars 2 that makes my eyes bleed while I try to watch it. Especially when shoutcasters do an overview camera and try to describe whats happening, and all you see is moving figures in a sea of blobs of light and color and flashes.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

milo.6942

A midfight can last for 1-2 mins. Do you need more for a deathmatch? We need a mode to just ‘chill out’.

devs said deathmatch doesn’t work, and it’s obvious why

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

That’s such a load of crap. Hotjoins are kitten near deathmatch, and they are by far the most popular part of spvp. Deathmatch has never been tried. The devs played a couple games of it in house during development, decided they didn’t like it, and figured that was enough for them to make up their mind and never go back on it.

At this point, I’m pretty sure the devs just don’t want to be proven wrong after how insistent they’ve been. Even if they didn’t want to make a new map for deathmatch (because the maps they do make are so incredibly awesome right?), all they had to do was make it possible to turn nodes off in customs. If people liked it, they would play it, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Duels do work. Give us duels. GvG works too, btw.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Pretty much, they are forcing the game like WOW did and look what happened to that game….

Also, i recently saw the light, there is a game called Wildstar, and i think that is the game that will make a drastic change in the MMORPG industry, somehting that GW2 tried and failed.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Also, i recently saw the light, there is a game called Wildstar, and i think that is the game that will make a drastic change in the MMORPG industry, somehting that GW2 tried and failed.

By being a standard MMO in every way? The only cool idea they have is the plots.

Have fun gear-grinding your way to victory.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: nyqwist.2360

nyqwist.2360

This game, the meta, is absolutely void of skill at the moment. Period. That’s the issue.

The most stupid and easily played builds are the most rewarding. That’s something A-Net have to change, before any kind of interesting #esport can be built up.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

this game has no chance for e-sport with capture nodes

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I agree that the game play is different. I don’t agree that this game takes some kind of amazing skill to be good at. It’s actually one of the easiest MMORPGS I have ever played. As a matter of fact I grew bored of it after a few months. Same limited number of skills, same combos. Only thing that takes more skill is timing your dodges. I would argue other MMORPGS with 3 or 4 times the number of skills to use, as well as more CC possibilities to use or counter take much more skill.

No offense intended here, this game is fun. But don’t delude yourself into thinking this game takes huge amounts of skill. I say just the opposite. Just an opinion of someone with 16 years of MMORPG experience, and pretty much pvp’d extensively the last 10 years of that time. I grew so bored of this game’s mechanics so quickly. I’d rather play a good FPS competitively than this game – and I believe said FPS genre take more skill to be good at than GW2.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Comparing this game to other games i’ve played competitively I’d say more than anything this game lacks diversity and depth — skills and classes are too similar and traits don’t really change enough to keep things interesting. Fixed weapon skills was a really poor idea, as was the greatly watered-down concept of elites relative to this game’s predecessor.

Compare this game to, say, TF2: TF2 has effectively 2 skills per class yet there is greater gameplay depth in TF2 and the classes play completely differently than each other. Another comparison from WOW: the 3 talent trees in that game drastically change how a class plays – not so with traits in this game.

Weak traits and lack of choice in skills are the problem. No amount of promotion can float a badly-designed game.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

milo.6942

That’s such a load of crap. Hotjoins are kitten near deathmatch, and they are by far the most popular part of spvp. Deathmatch has never been tried. The devs played a couple games of it in house during development, decided they didn’t like it, and figured that was enough for them to make up their mind and never go back on it.

At this point, I’m pretty sure the devs just don’t want to be proven wrong after how insistent they’ve been. Even if they didn’t want to make a new map for deathmatch (because the maps they do make are so incredibly awesome right?), all they had to do was make it possible to turn nodes off in customs. If people liked it, they would play it, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t.

team deathmatch. where if you die you’re dead unless someone resses you. where the objective is to eliminate the enemy team. not endless-respawn-chaos that is hotjoin and conquest now. if you want endless zergs or scattered 1v1’s then yes conquest is fine and there is no problem.

(edited by milo.6942)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

milo.6942

Duels do work. Give us duels. GvG works too, btw.

duels and 2v2 are ok in this game i think. maybe 3v3 too. but 4v4 and more is too much. until you break the wuv-wuv-barrier, where there are so many people on each side in a fight that seeing what your opponent is doing is inhumanly possible but it doesn’t matter anyway.

gvg doesn’t work because it would be impossible to defend your base. it’d just be a simultaneous lord rush every time.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

This whole Anet hosted E-Sports stuff has to go, we were wanting more balance updates than 1 per month (Every other bein but fixes, thus 1 every 2 months). Pax put a halt to big changes and left us in the worst meta the game has seen for longer than it should have been showcased. I’m all for pvp events, but don’t let it take away from development. There is far too much to be looked at currently for taking long development breaks just to have month+ long pvp events.

i don’t get it. there is nothing e-sports about this game.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

By being a standard MMO in every way? The only cool idea they have is the plots.

Have fun gear-grinding your way to victory.

That is because… you know, its an MMORPG???

That game is not trying to be anything very drastic different its taking all the things that worked in other games and use them, also combat is kind of revolutionary and actually more skilled based than the other MMORPG because you actually need to aim your attacks not like the auto target that every other MMORPG uses.

Also the world seems more appealing it looks big, here in GW2 no matter how actually large the map is, for a uknown reason you feel like everything around you its so small, i played wow and what i liked was the big surroundings and in GW2 i dont see that, everything seems to small ver small to be anything impressive.

Another thing its that it breaks the mold of the standard medievalish theme of the MMORPG so thats another point for the game, fresh things like that are good.

And like you said, the path option seems thakittens going to be very good.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Vena.8436

No… you said introduce/bring drastic change. Its a cookie cutter MMO modeled after WoW by Vanilla WoW devs for Vanilla WoW players. Therein your statement, to which I replied, is at odds with your current statement.

That game is not trying to be anything very drastic different its taking all the things that worked in other games and use them, also combat is kind of revolutionary and actually more skilled based than the other MMORPG because you actually need to aim your attacks not like the auto target that every other MMORPG uses.

You may want to actually read up on the game but let me clue you in:

• Homing missiles
  • It has traditional tab-targeting as well as its “aiming system”, which is just another way of saying: “aim cones at things to hit them” that has existed since Ultimate Online.

No, the path option is stupid inorganic gameplay gating. I was talking about warplots.

It could well be the best MMO evar but since it hasn’t released and barely anyone’s actually given the thing proper playing, it is as much a hopeful shine on the horizon as Godot’s arrival is to your future.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

No… you said introduce/bring drastic change. Its a cookie cutter MMO modeled after WoW by Vanilla WoW devs for Vanilla WoW players. Therein your statement, to which I replied, is at odds with your current statement.

You may want to actually read up on the game but let me clue you in:

• Homing missiles
  • It has traditional tab-targeting as well as its “aiming system”, which is just another way of saying: “aim cones at things to hit them” that has existed since Ultimate Online.

No, the path option is stupid inorganic gameplay gating. I was talking about warplots.

It could well be the best MMO evar but since it hasn’t released and barely anyone’s actually given the thing proper playing, it is as much a hopeful shine on the horizon as Godot’s arrival is to your future.

So much hate for a game that dosent even come out yet, its like you were afraid of something…

About skills, you cant hit something in that game if you dont aim it correclty, the tab targeting dosent mean you are granted a hit if you aimed poorly.

Its going to be a good game whether people like you hate it for no reason or not.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Reloading.3260

Reloading.3260

I’ve always had a chuckle when I see gw2 and esport strung together.

E-sport relies on producing something entertaining to watch.

Watching a screenful of clones, minions, spirits, pets and stealthed players going at it isn’t very entertaining.

Watching Thresh win Carmacks Ferrari or Deathrow vs Clan9 matches, now that was entertaining.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Beckett is wasted on this thread.

Back on topic, I agree GW2 has a couple of key challenges it needs to tackle before it can entertain any serious ESport aspirations. One is definitely related to the meta and balance and all that, the other is this game’s decidedly unfriendly nature when it comes to spectating. For potential viewers, GW2 is an uphill battle in terms of viewability, which is mostly caused by the combination of tremendously short time-to-kill in focus fire situations and an excess of overt graphical effects. When spectating, it’s exceedingly hard to identify the good plays from the effects spam. For a completely new spectator (someone with no previous playing experience in GW2), teamfights are a jumbled mess, where it’s next to impossible to discern who is doing what. Not exactly an inviting viewing experience.

Anet has options to improve viewability, but sadly there is only so much they can do within the scope of the current combat system and its core design. They do have a couple of low hanging fruit they should capitalize on, namely further toning down effects in teamfights and focusing on how skills are telegraphed. Helseth actually had very good ideas regarding this on his stream, as his topic also directly impacts GW2’s viewer friendliness: http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2/c/2696189

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i would like to see arenanet stop this fokus on Esport and start more fokus on bringing more casual/normal players in spvp to make a healthy playerbase – atm even leaderboards are a joke^^

bring something like Alterac valley (not 40v40^^) or Warsong from wow with archievements + rewards like title or minipets for the meta archievement and there will come alot normal players in spvp

this dont have to be competive or whatever – its a game give the playerz something to have “fun” ^^

and i dont understand why not even trie team deathmatch with a lil small arena in 2v2 mode or 3v3
when ppl play it and have fun – fine
when not who cares? It can be even like a minigame or “Activity” for pvp ppl same as the pve parts

or can be a duelroom everyone asks for – rightclick someone in mists or openworld and ask for duel when click yes get beamed in this arena with him and fight^^ (both pvp gear from mists when asked in mists and pve gear in openworld when asked there)

simple – another thing ppl asked a year now for

bring something more for the normal playerz than maby you get viewers for your esport thingie when ppl are involved in the spvp part from this game – atm 99.99% from your playerbase ignore spvp and dont care for it and thats the reason why no viewers on twitch

thx

(edited by Romek.4201)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Anet needs to focus on making pvp fun and growing a casual pvp base that will give a bleep before “forcing” a game into an esport otherwise it’s a COMPLETE waste of time.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

i would like to see arenanet stop this fokus on Esport and start more fokus on bringing more casual/normal players in spvp to make a healthy playerbase – atm even leaderboards are a joke^^

bring something like Alterac valley (not 40v40^^) or Warsong from wow with archievements + rewards like title or minipets for the meta archievement and there will come alot normal players in spvp

this dont have to be competive or whatever – its a game give the playerz something to have “fun” ^^

and i dont understand why not even trie team deathmatch with a lil small arena in 2v2 mode or 3v3
when ppl play it and have fun – fine
when not who cares? It can be even like a minigame or “Activity” for pvp ppl same as the pve parts

or can be a duelroom everyone asks for – rightclick someone in mists or openworld and ask for duel when click yes get beamed in this arena with him and fight^^ (both pvp gear from mists when asked in mists and pve gear in openworld when asked there)

simple – another thing ppl asked a year now for

bring something more for the normal playerz than maby you get viewers for your esport thingie when ppl are involved in the spvp part from this game – atm 99.99% from your playerbase ignore spvp and dont care for it and thats the reason why no viewers on twitch

thx

Please, these kind of suggestions stop Arenanet from making new gamemodes. Suggesting a wowcopy again, sigh

There is an awesome game called GW1, suggest from there.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

10000$ vs 2.000.000$ standard prize money in other esports..

why doesn’t anet just make a cardgame like magic..
oh wait .. its because it involves balance ^^

but yeah A-NET —-→>>>>>> JQ/FA/HA/GvG/AB..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Let’s be realistic. Sure u can make gw2 spvp nice and watchable, sure u can make it a lot less spammy and reduce a lot the pace of the game so it can be watched.
You only need to change and rebalance 70 or more % of skills and traits….
Obviously isn’t gonna happen, they won’t do all that just to have a shot and maybe have an esport game.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

a cardgame like magic … involves balance

MBUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh good god, this one is good! Pure gold!

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

a cardgame like magic … involves balance

MBUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh good god, this one is good! Pure gold!

A little off topic, but turn 1 kills aren’t what I’d consider balanced.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Tellah.8073

Tellah.8073

i think they could solve a lot of problems by simply increasing all character model size. to me norn size should be the average. when i play a norn i actually feel like somethings there, i can see the armor, i can clearly see his animations and i dont disappear in the chaos. everythone else besides charr just looks like different colered stick figures

increasing model size would help with a few problems. spectators might actually be able to see whats going on in large battles and players wouldnt disappear in a sea of aoe, fighters could more clearly see enemy animation increasing counterplay, and it would make the battles appear slower and less chaotic.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The game has never gotten the development it needed, regardless of PAX.

The devs are incapable, plain and simple, and no game attempting to revamp a genre can manage it with either the funding/manpower/capability that these devs have.
So much potential, such terrible execution.

Little has changes since launch in terms of gameplay, at best there have been balance tweaks… in a game that needs next to every feature seriously revamped…

Not saying the devs are worthless or that they don’t care or anything… just that through some issue (either of resources at hand, timelines, procedure or their own capabilities) they are unable to make a good game.

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Vena.8436

a good game.

I think its a pretty good game actually.

[Eon] – Blackgate

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

a good game.

Basically GW2 IS an awesome game. It’s just that PvP is totally unfinished. Like 80% is missing. And devs think it is fine. And we need only 10-20% more.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

a good game.

Basically GW2 IS an awesome game. It’s just that PvP is totally unfinished. Like 80% is missing. And devs think it is fine. And we need only 10-20% more.

i don’t want to be the next who points again at gw1, but i absolutely cannot understand why arena-net dropped everything they already developed on their own.

they already had everything they needed, and to me it seems like they didn’t transfer it to gw2 because of the self-assumed e-sports pressure.
and here i’m talking about things like observer/spectator which is acutally a joke compared to the gw1 version, saveable skill- and gear-templates, a completely customisable UI, possibility to get a pvp-only version of the game, diversity in gamemodes, international pvp.

i’d love to hear a statement about the reason why nothing of those things found their way into gw2 – tbh i expected those to be implemented as i bought gw2 because i came from gw1 and i knew it was from arenanet.
it feels like i was wrong and it is a completely different arenanet

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

(edited by kito.1827)

E-Sport has to stop...

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

a good game.

i don’t want to be the next who points again at gw1, but i absolutely cannot understand why arena-net dropped everything they already developed on their own.

they already had everything they needed, and to me it seems like they didn’t transfer it to gw2 because of the self-assumed e-sports pressure.
and here i’m talking about things like observer/spectator which is acutally a joke compared to the gw1 version, saveable skill- and gear-templates, a completely customisable UI, possibility to get a pvp-only version of the game, diversity in gamemodes, international pvp.

i’d love to hear a statement about the reason why nothing of those things found their way into gw2 – tbh i expected those to be implemented as i bought gw2 because i came from gw1 and i knew it was from arenanet.
it feels like i was wrong and it is a completely different arenanet

+1

Sad to see that GW1 is still better in every PvP aspect then GW2 is now. Really, imagine the better graphic engine GW2 has with GvG mode like in GW1. Amazing and e-sport would really be real. Not a pipe-dream like now.

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com