END OF MATCH PVP

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

[Quote]End of Match
We have introduced a new end-of-match feature for Ranked Conquest and Stronghold matches.
After victory is declared, players are teleported to a unique location on each map.
Each player on the winning team stands victorious on a pedestal with celebration skills.[/Quote]

I can only laugh, this what they are wasting their time for. Such an important change.
So important that i rofl.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: shox.1586

shox.1586

lmao is just more time to ppl get salty in chat

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

As I said in general discussion:
This is DUMBEST thing I’ve ever seen.. People BM’ing the losing team, salty chat and wispers..
Very smart addition.. really… /sarcasm
It does look good but is implemented wrongly.. I as a losing player don’t want to see this screen..

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Pvp has already rivers of toxicity and now they add another source to the main toxicity river. Good job Anet… you gonna loose players once toxicity reached new heights.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

At work and haven’t seen the changes but from what i’m reading here, how is this any different than Overwatch’s end of game? I’m trying to get a mental picture.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Worst use of an interns time ever…if it wasn’t an intern that did this, I don’t even…

At work and haven’t seen the changes but from what i’m reading here, how is this any different than Overwatch’s end of game? I’m trying to get a mental picture.

Imagine all 5 members of the winning team up on pedestals doing /dance, while the 5 members of the losing team have their corpses lying on the ground below them.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

It’s great. Don’t see myself getting salty over this. The smacktalkers might though.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It’s great. Don’t see myself getting salty over this. The smacktalkers might though.

it is an interesting concept, but poorly implemented and tbh, a complete waste of time.

They could have used that time to actually create a proper tutorial for new players or something…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Ok let’s stop the bad talk,
I would like to get some answer from GW2 dev / Team

What is the idea behind this new feature?
What does it bring to us players?
Is it a Beta that you will improve?
Was it really important to add this feature?

Please, if you could give some answer, it would be nice.

(edited by Seyiwaji.4082)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Anet = a bunch of kittens that promote salty posts/whsipers by putting an avenue to brag / point / laugh even more after someone’s lost a match

ROFL – gg anet.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

If anything this detracts from the salt… Because it’s hilarious. I’d agree that it encourages fashionwarz to the max tho.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Now they can sell victory poses/emotes.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

As they said “git good”.

Anything they do there will always be someone complaining. I’m happy to see them try new things.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Imagine being salty that they added something like this which is just a fun little addition to the game. Just imagine it.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

As they said “git good”.

Anything they do there will always be someone complaining. I’m happy to see them try new things.

This is different though. This is something they added to the game that nobody asked for or needed, and that only creates more issues while providing no added value.

It’s only natural for players to be curious as to why something so ridiculous was added. When I read it, it felt like I was reading April Fool’s patch notes.

I am really curious to hear from Anet on why they thought this was a good idea.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

or just stop being so sensitive and accept the loss? No? Ok i’ll leave -_-

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ok let’s stop the bad talk,
I would like to get some answer from GW2 dev / Team

What is the idea behind this new feature?
What does it bring to us players?
Is it a Beta that you will improve?
Was it really important to add this feature?

Please, if you could give some answer, it would be nice.

It add nothing, its just a visual thing, they cant do much besides eye candy stuff for the kewl 2020 kids.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I think anet definitely understands that the purpose of pvp is salt harvesting.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I think anet definitely understands that the purpose of pvp is salt harvesting.

the entire game is about that XD, from trolls to trolls.

Still maybe they are just preparing stuff , ANet has been always changing the game randomly and brainless, maybe this time they have some stable strategie behind all of that.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Love the new end of match addition but could you remove the enemy team from there or at least hide their names, the screen feels too cluttered?

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

I also really like this end of match feature. Yes, some people are toxic and salty, but they would just spam the “shout” tab anyways. Nothing changes about toxic players.

If anything, this victory area gives a sense of community as we look over top stats, and since this implementation I have met a lot of good people through this. This feature was definitely worthwhile.

Also, Salt is a way of life:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

(edited by Julius Seizure.4985)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I also really like this end of match feature. Yes, some people are toxic and salty, but they would just spam the “shout” tab anyways. Nothing changes about toxic players.

If anything, this victory area gives a sense of community as we look over top stats, and since this implementation I have met a lot of good people through this. This feature was definitely worthwhile.

The same information has always been available. What about this has caused you to meet more people than before?

Gate of Madness

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

As they said “git good”.

This is different though. This is something they added to the game that nobody asked for or needed, and that only creates more issues while providing no added value.

It’s only natural for players to be curious as to why something so ridiculous was added. When I read it, it felt like I was reading April Fool’s patch notes.

I am really curious to hear from Anet on why they thought this was a good idea.

Ridiculous to you, hilarious to me…

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

The same information has always been available. What about this has caused you to meet more people than before?

Information is the same. The difference is that we are all placed in the same area, and that tends to promote people talking.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

as long as this did´t use much resources i don´t care. It´s ’OK but guess no one asked for it :-).

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

I love it — I just love it!

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

The drama is real. It’s a cool feature. You need to chill down 12 levels and put off your queencrownies.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

It’s so silly you can’t help but smile.

On the bright side, you won’t get to jump on downed people and keep on killing/stomping or whatever, and I think the capability for salt has decreased.

Sure sometimes people will still squeeze out an insult or two, but all they can physically manage is stand still or pop a dance…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Neyensb.2581

I love the idea of putting the victors on a pillar and having them ‘celebrate’ but having the losing team lying there dead.. It sickens me..
The 5games I played yesterday were the most Toxic ever.. never have I seen more KITTEN BM like; GitGud, EZ, Nubz,…

Design a better Victory screen where the victors can /dance /emote all they want. But don’t let them /say or /map chat and don’t have the losing team humiliated by having their character dead on the ground..

Really motivating to play a second match after Anet laughs at your loss..

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Reading this topic made me realize how much people care about the “lives” of their pixelated alter ego. It’s actually rather worrisome…

I haven’t seen any more toxicity from this change, if anything it’s more reason to take the kitten and just have a laugh with one another, enemies included.
Don’t take everything so serious and be happy they actually find time to give these little victories an extra bit of flavour…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I think its bad but mainly cause sometimes youre on engaging fights that you want to finish and this cuts it

M I L K B O I S

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

I love the idea of putting the victors on a pillar and having them ‘celebrate’ but having the losing team lying there dead.. It sickens me..
The 5games I played yesterday were the most Toxic ever.. never have I seen more KITTEN BM like; GitGud, EZ, Nubz,…

Design a better Victory screen where the victors can /dance /emote all they want. But don’t let them /say or /map chat and don’t have the losing team humiliated by having their character dead on the ground..

Really motivating to play a second match after Anet laughs at your loss..

2 sides to everything dude. So suddenly because this winning pedestal thing is official it means the world is laughing at you through the screen now?

Git gud, ez win, nubz seem pretty mild to me. What about all the personal attacks in whispers?

I think what needs adjustment isn’t the game but player mentality. There will be times when you get bitter losses, but this is PvP, we don’t get pampered. You extract joy from your success over your opponents, and they are human too. You can’t expect to lose and not get badmouthed… you have to deal with it yourself.

It’s not just GW2, any game with PvP, this is going to happen. Just hang back and enjoy the salt.

Edit:

If you’re getting completely messed up and your rage is going to send you to the hospital, just cool off and take a break. Burnout management is key.

5 useless class titles

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

dont worry, they add a huge salt sink hole, thats is that Arena Pit, The good old days of people discounting frustration in the chat are gone. The losers go to the arena and discount their anger at whoever is there.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

dont worry, they add a huge salt sink hole, thats is that Arena Pit, The good old days of people discounting frustration in the chat are gone. The losers go to the arena and discount their anger at whoever is there.

And let me tell you it feels amazing.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Neyensb.2581

I think what needs adjustment isn’t the game but player mentality. There will be times when you get bitter losses, but this is PvP, we don’t get pampered. You extract joy from your success over your opponents, and they are human too. You can’t expect to lose and not get badmouthed… you have to deal with it yourself.

It’s not just GW2, any game with PvP, this is going to happen. Just hang back and enjoy the salt.

It is not the BM that angers me.. That was always around and in many other games aswell. But a company/dev that develops a platform from which people are ‘encouraged’ to BM is just a bad idea..
By the way I’m not crying from a loss, I don’t get joy from defeating other teams. When I play well and my team does well, I could not care less if we win or lose..

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I like it.

FASHION WARRIORS ASSEMBLE!

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I like it.

…and then you realize that standard player models applies to it.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

They should force both teams to stand on opposing pedestals 5 against 5 and then make them /bow.

Then the screen fades out to black…

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Information is the same. The difference is that we are all placed in the same area, and that tends to promote people talking.

I haven’t witnessed this effect myself. If anything everyone logs off faster since they can’t keep fighting a bit after the match has ended, especially the losers since they don’t want to be seen laying there dead.

Personally I could care less about the whole thing, I am just curious as to what Anet’s intent behind it was. Sure, it shouldn’t bother people, but of course it will bother some. To me, it just doesn’t feel entertaining enough to warrant creating a more toxic environment. I mean, if it served some sort of purpose or was more entertaining, I could see a reason for it being added.

Even looking at this thread, it’s either people saying they don’t appreciate it and others telling them to get over it. Doesn’t really foster a better environment.

Gate of Madness

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

It is not the BM that angers me.. That was always around and in many other games aswell. But a company/dev that develops a platform from which people are ‘encouraged’ to BM is just a bad idea..

I was thinking though, dancing on a pedestal is a lot less interactive than say, teabagging downed bodies, jumping on them, hitting them with launches etc. which I believe mines a lot more salt. The whisper hatred prose will always be around and I’ve been equally amused and triggered by them.

So there’s actually less potential to be personal with insults and if you lose you take it as a team.

I’m just thinking positively about this. I don’t think losing with this added feature feels any worse.

Edit:

As to people wondering what’s the point of this new feature… they must have a PLAN we don’t know about.

5 useless class titles

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I like it.

…and then you realize that standard player models applies to it.

They need to have Standard Player Models vanish after match!

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

They should force both teams to stand on opposing pedestals 5 against 5 and then make them /bow.

I couldn’t agree more

Anet should promote fair play not toxicity.

This new feature dont feel like something big company like Anet would take time to develop, it feel like someting immature and childish. I am embarrassed and dissapointed.

Its like Anet would agree to all that toxic behevior and want to please all these immature toxic kids and trolls.

And to all that say its just for “fun”, yeah .. sure ok. But whats next? showing middle finger to enemy? or bare butt? or emote that let me scream “you fight like women” or “you fight like (homosexual)” ?
That also would be funny to some people right?

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

The thing is the game is not fun as is.
Primarily becasue of bad class balancing.

No one wants to have it rubbed in their face when the remainder of what players are left just play whichever class has the most skills that have 0 counter.
There is no counter to class that can defend and deal damage
There is no counter to a class that 1-100 health regen over and over and over again.
There is no counter to a class that can just deal condition damage while never really being vulnerable to attack.
There is no counter for a class that can just infinitely apply conditions.

This game is 90% build 10%skill. People don’t want to see oh you lost quite literally rubbed in their face…while the other team only won IN MAJOR PART to builds.
in addition to disregard for match manip, afk, toxic chat, bad matchmaking and now this.

Here’s the thing, we all know ArenaNet will never get balancing right. We can B**** abut it all we want but the fact of the matter is It’s never going to happen.
The core fundamental elements of the classes have too many flaws in design;
That are just jigsawed right-next to the class next over to exploit.
That scale of class weaknesses vs mechanics is not balanced in RELATION to the other classes across the board. Each class may handle differently but they all play the exact same.
Stun, immob, damage. That’s it. And the way the old af engine handles that, is exactly why classes will be just these facades of what they ought to be.
The disparity between thiefe and mesmer. Is the same between
Mesmer and Necro.

What’s the counter to class that can stun and kill in less time than it takes to cast 1 skill? Thief → Mesmer → Necro

Devs say Git Gud!? Yeah because, overwatch, smite, heroes of the storm, lol, dota, paragon….completely FAILED at the professional level. Yeah ok. It’s exactly mean to say but, It’s not quite pleasant for us players either.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Or…they could have simply allowed you to disable the end of match scoreboard from popping up.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Neyensb.2581

This is the best post I’ve seen on this topic! Like in my GvG days you /bow whether you win or lose. Paying your respect to all other players.

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Sounded cool at first but it does seem to promote more toxicity. Not that i care about it all the much.

Not being able to finish our fights kinda sucks tho.. sometimes duels can be interesting and this just cuts it off.

(edited by witcher.3197)

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah i am pretty confused.
1. wasted resources imo, i wish they would rather fix no valid path terrain bugs on pvp maps
2. it just adds more toxicity to pvp

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

END OF MATCH PVP

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Yeah i am pretty confused.
1. wasted resources imo, i wish they would rather fix no valid path terrain bugs on pvp maps
2. it just adds more toxicity to pvp

Exactly. It’s not that this change bothers me, I just can’t come up with any logical reasoning for it’s implementation. I mean, we have a game here where in-game toxicity goes pretty much unpunished, and someone actually thought it was a good idea to replace the scoreboard with the winning team celebrating over the bodies of the losing team.

Sure, it’s new, and mildly entertaining, but at what cost? They have achieved nothing while creating new problems.

Gate of Madness