ESL Finals: Supreme Win

in PvP

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

@Nova Striker well if the “majority” of people are quitting the game then why the ____ is it that i can get 1-2 min ques every day all day????

also if you think the game sucks so hard and youd rather play other stuff, then just gtfo? no body gives a kitten about you staying. not even anet gives a _ cus they still make money, and more so now because of their esport scene.

take to LoL moba and qq on forums when you realise how boring that game is too, in a few weeks or so. maybe you just have a preference for moba’s? doesnt mean gw2 is garbage, you dumb ____

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Well that escalated quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

With Smash, League, or DOTA, most engagements are never larger than 1v1, with league and dota 3v3 is the max unless the team is heavily pushing the nexus.You cant tell me that in a 5v5 sitation around the nexus things dont get hard to see.

1v1’s in PvP are easy to watch, it gets harder in 2v2’s and up, unless the classes are distinct, like a mesmer and an elementalist fighting together, which have different colors and animations

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

The moment the title and the content of the thread doesnt match…

in PvP

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

this is true, but the convorsation is relevant… can a mod move discussion to a new thread, and not lock plz?

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Which Guild Wars 2 PvP is lacking entirely. Skill based combat, there is no longer proper punishment for mistakes, there is no longer a risk/reward anymore, only reward and any risk is just punished.

So much this. ^

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Indeed. Although the removal of the Celestial amulet was the first good step.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I enjoyed the finals quite a bit; the meta looked pretty decent and it was more fast-paced without all the quickness-rezzes and stuff.

The builds were pretty much what I was expecting, but I was glad to see that certain builds, like the druid, had a strong showing, even though it was only played by one team.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I have no idea how you think it wasn’t great to watch. There were so many kills, there were actually some comebacks (including one absolutely incredible one that even if all other games were awful it would have made the finals worth watching), and there were close matches. I also loved seeing the search and rescue play in the second semi final(I really don’t want it nerfed now just because of how awesome it was to watch in the pro league even though I did before). I will admit that the first semi final could have been more exciting and close but the other 2 matches were awesome to watch. Maybe people say they don’t like it because they simply don’t like the concept of gw2 e-sports but as someone who does really like watching the e-sport events that are held, the finals were amazing and I quite literally can’t wait for season 2 which will use the same meta.

Question for you, what happened to that caused the come back?

The one on temple? Vermilion got a load of kills on abjured players and managed to decap all their points so with about 1 minute left it was 1 cap to 0 in favour of vermilion and they also got tranquility and held a 3 cap for the rest of the game to win 500-477.
In total it was about a 200 point comeback.

This is exactly what I mean, you have no idea what exactly caused the come back.

What skills did they use during that key moment? How much was the damage? How much was the sustain? Was it good positioning? Was it bad positioning? What mistakes were made?

The comeback largely came i believe, from alkor managing to keep chaith away from tranquility and the rest of vermillion being able to kill the rest of abjured on al other points, forcing them to regroup at tranq while the rest of verm got caps off, and then reinforced alkor at tranq.

Abjured realized that alkor’s search and rescue could easily turn a match, so they started bursting him down at every opportunity rendering him useless, but when it came to temple, abjured was too busy with caps and secondary objectives to keep alkor supressed.

What key skills were used that turned the tide? Which player made a mistake that made the come back happen?

Search and rescue.

Arguably, more than one abjured member made a misplay when they devoted too many to tranq.

edit: after reading the rest of the thread, it seems your question was answered and you decided to move the goal post.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

This is exactly what I mean, you have no idea what exactly caused the come back.

What skills did they use during that key moment? How much was the damage? How much was the sustain? Was it good positioning? Was it bad positioning? What mistakes were made?

https://youtu.be/MKGDealc3eE?t=4m12s

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube