ESL Go4 Cup 44 Rule Update (READ)

in PvP

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Going to jump to a conclusion and assume the majority of arguments in this thread don’t understand how class balance work. The classes or effects aren’t intrinsically balanced for the existance of 4 or more. That is not an element of the class or effect that makes them powerful but the option to stack things to an extreme. Why do you think you can only stack might to 25 or other boons only stack to a max amount? Not because the given boon is too stong, but the ability to stack them infinitely would cause problems with various builds.

The profession stack limit is not linked to said class’s balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

So, even ESL prO #eSport is limiting diversity?

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Man, this is getting funnier and funnier.

you call 4 eles diverstity? rofl

noone will ever run any other comp with more than 2 of the same class that are not eles, it’s not like there are other classes that can do everything and win any 1v1

On a side note…are you seriusly defending teams stacking more than 2 eles/even worse defending celestial eles themself or just trolling?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

As a note, we’re aware of the odd interaction between elementalist downstate and Vampirism runes and are tracking a fix for an upcoming build.

Rune of Vamp downstate bug was fixed on Tuesday.

in PvP

Posted by: Fowk.2109

Fowk.2109

As a note, we’re aware of the odd interaction between elementalist downstate and Vampirism runes and are tracking a fix for an upcoming build.

How don’t you like, announce this """"""MINNOR"""""" kind of stuff on the “Official Update Thread”?!??! >_>

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Yeah too bad that now you can use F skills while in vamp mist

GG

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

lol miscommunications are real.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

GG

Wait, is this Ele specific?

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

GG

That’s good

Edit: no it isn’t

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

(edited by Quadox.7834)

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

GG

i guess not, was pretty common in engineer’s static discharge build, since be biggest chunk of the damage comes from toolbelt skills (F1-F5) ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

GG

i guess not, was pretty common in engineer’s static discharge build, since be biggest chunk of the damage comes from toolbelt skills (F1-F5) ;-)

I remember that, just wondering if it is back.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Why exactly was this not announced prior to the ESL monthly finals that just took place? I feel this had a significant impact on the outcome of several matches, I personally know I would have fared far better if I had vamp to deal with taunt+cc bursts.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Why exactly was this not announced prior to the ESL monthly finals that just took place? I feel this had a significant impact on the outcome of several matches, I personally know I would have fared far better if I had vamp to deal with taunt+cc bursts.

Because it was going to have a significant outcome on several matches that included people exploiting an advantage provided by an obviously bugged rune set. Shouldn’t come to depend on game bugs to bolster your performance or playstyle, they can go away at any time.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Because it was going to have a significant outcome on several matches that included people exploiting an advantage provided by an obviously bugged rune set. Shouldn’t come to depend on game bugs to bolster your performance or playstyle, they can go away at any time.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, my point is that the rune set wasn’t bugged during the monthly final due to the stealth fix the day before, but nobody knew about it so nobody ran it.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

GG

Nope…thieves can steal in mist, engis can nade barrage and so on…

Anet fixing bugs…while bringing back old ones

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

GG

Bleh. I’ll log in again when this gets fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, my point is that the rune set wasn’t bugged during the monthly final due to the stealth fix the day before, but nobody knew about it so nobody ran it.

I loled so hard i almost died. You are really complaining about not having vamp runes to help with burst. Youre a kittening dd ele man lol. Vamp runes are like welfare, all they do is create dependency lolololol

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

GG

Confirmed. Heal myself like mad during mist :^)

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/16320141?t=2h30m52s

lmao

much esports

do you even watch esl games anet?

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I loled so hard i almost died. You are really complaining about not having vamp runes to help with burst. Youre a kittening dd ele man lol. Vamp runes are like welfare, all they do is create dependency lolololol

Nope. I’m complaining about not having vamp runes to help with burst when everyone else is using it, and don’t pretend that you’ve never had any problem with taunt when used in a coordinated team. You wanna know how necessary vamp is at the moment when everyone else can use it? Try getting a taunt burst combo together with any other zerker/marauder class or cele necro 2v1 vs an enemy mesmer running meta build with vamp who has already bust his stunbreaks, then try vs an ele running meta build without vamp who has already bust his stunbreaks. See which gets the kill faster.

Imo anyone who runs vamp runes should be sent to auschwitz

So would you like to go there now, or do you have stuff to pack?
EDIT: Yes it wasn’t your actual build, but you obviously used vamp in that match since you got leeching proc on heal

Attachments:

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

How does one even respond when a screenie shows you doing the exact thing you scrutinize and insult people for?

…hmm better ask a politician

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

GG

I don’t know about thieves but it is NOT bugged for engies.

Engies could barrage because of the S elixir proc from traits not from vamp runes. The entire F bar is gone when on mist form.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

GG

I don’t know about thieves but it is NOT bugged for engies.

Engies could barrage because of the S elixir proc from traits not from vamp runes. The entire F bar is gone when on mist form.

Just tested it

Attachments:

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

Test it without points in Alchemy

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

My entire F bar was gone when on mist form. I’ll test it again.

Funny how we test for bugs. But you know, I don’t mind doing someone else’s job.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Test it without points in Alchemy

Same result. I think you should unequip vamp and re-equip.

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

Will give that a try.

If you’re right that means….they fixed a new bug by using an old one.

Epic

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

inb4 vamp banned from esl altogether

in PvP

cakeonroof.7385

Honestly, I was hoping that it wouldn’t work to save them the embarrassment but covering up a new problem by introducing an old one does not look very promising

Attachments:

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I would love ESL to enforce more rules, since you can’t count on biannual balance patch. And I vote for a ban of vampiric runes: enough of these cheesy full zerker builds with zero risk / high rewards.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I would love ESL to enforce more rules, since you can’t count on biannual balance patch. And I vote for a ban of vampiric runes: enough of these cheesy full zerker builds with zero risk / high rewards.

They should ban it anyway because it’s bugged across all classes. They banned it on ele when it was bugged on ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Rune of Vampirism will be banned (for all classes) in the upcoming Academy Gaming EU Cups untill its fixed.

Cheers

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

better remove it from the game. already lost count how many people got saved by this when they 100% deserved to die.

in PvP

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

What about the Overpowered interaction of stack 4 eles?

I believe 4 class stacking is against ESL rules. As for the elementalist itself, we’re looking into it.

I WONDER WHY 4 class stacking is against the rules!

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Vamp rune currently is giving the real mist form ele skill and you can swap attunements and proc traits while using the skill mist form so the rune is working as intended.

This ofcourse means that other professions are able to use their profession specific skills also during the vamp proc.

Mist form as a skill might be broken but currently it’s not the runes fault.

Vamp rune used to give you a vapor form which is the elementalist downed state mist form skill and that caused the bug with ele resetting it’s downed state hp when using the skill vapor form while downed.

Now my suggestion here is to ban the vamp runes from every profession in pvp events.

For arenanet i suggest you to rework vamp or replace it with some other rune set for pvp. Pvp has too much invulns and passive invulns already.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Can we please have some information on which classes this is banned for atm?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Good thx for the info.
And when do you plan to fix ele ?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What about the Overpowered interaction of stack 4 eles?

I believe 4 class stacking is against ESL rules. As for the elementalist itself, we’re looking into it.

I WONDER WHY 4 class stacking is against the rules!

My guess is that ANET asked them to implement the rule. This way it doesn’t seem like ele is as much over the top and the balance team doesn’t need to do any work to fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Due to an ongoing bug with Vampirism Runes, we will not be allowing Elementalists to use this runeset in upcoming Go4 Cups, including the one taking place tomorrow. This is due to a bug that was brought to out attention that resets an elementalist’s downstate health while the rune is equipped. We will remove this restriction once the relevant bug has been fixed. Thank you for your cooperation.

Well this explains the anomalies going on in unranked pvp lately