ESL Go4 update (look here dev ;))

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

https://youtu.be/S9GoGk2andQ

to keep you updated on the meta here are the highlights from latest Go4 eu. You guessed it right – ele upon ele upon ele stacked with more eles with eles in between. over 1/3 of total players in the competition are eles. that one team that foolishly tried to play only 1 ele seemed to be roflstomped by the others that keep up with the meta and stack those “perfectly balanced” eles.

Maybe one day someone from the balance team will notice this. Its a kittenin problem and as bad as it is in top level play its even worse in regular play. Its been almost half a kittening year of meta^2 ele dominance. How the kitten can this be good for the game? how the kitten is it not fixed yet? Every kittening team in every level of play has 2 or 3 eles. The game has 8 classes (with their build variations) kitten , one build should not make 30-50% of the population. do something about it already, half a year of this kitten is enough. Sick and tired of fighting nothing but d/d eles and number of eles on the teams being by far the most important factor of a pvp-match.

I know a dev post is a very rare thing here, but i would seriously like an explanation. I think we are due at least a comment by now, after half a year of the same multi-ele mandatory meta. why? help us understand why is it good to have such insanely dominant build? whats the reasoning? when you made the last patch, why was balancing ele skipped, how did it come to that decision? are you even aware of the current ele meta? are there plans to fix it? is this something that is part of game-design (you want to have a build thats clearly better then every other, it somehow helps the game overall)? maybe its easier to balance if over 1/3 of the playerbase plays the same build, makes it less complex – you know ele will be half of every team, you know that entire gameplan/tactics are based on eles. and the other half is picked based upon how it complements and helps the eles – so you balance those complementary roles and keep ele core as is?

what am i missing, why am i wrong to think one build shouldnt be this dominant? why am i wrong to think there should be some build diversity in pvp?

weekly rant done, im out

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’m pretty sure the developers have already accounted for this with their assumingly intentional power creep which I’ve embraced wholeheartedly having spent many hours during every BWE with the majority of the Elite Specializations. Basically, your traditional Celestial Dagger/Dagger Elementalist won’t be anything special when Heart of Thorns hit.

I’m very excited to see how the meta will shift!

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I’m pretty sure the developers have already accounted for this with their assumingly intentional power creep which I’ve embraced wholeheartedly having spent many hours during every BWE with the majority of the Elite Specializations. Basically, your traditional Celestial Dagger/Dagger Elementalist won’t be anything special when Heart of Thorns hit.

I’m very excited to see how the meta will shift!

I’m putting my money on Scrapper replacing Ele in the post-HoT meta.
If Scrapper and Chrono don’t end up being Meta²-tier I’ll be incredibly surprised.

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

2 things:

1. You missed out the fact that Apex played with 0 eles in the NA go4 and beat other teams with 2 eles besides Abjured.

2. I don’t see the point in complaining when HoT is just round the corner is is gonna screw the meta up, they obviously aren’t going to change anything before then.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

2 things:

1. You missed out the fact that Apex played with 0 eles in the NA go4 and beat other teams with 2 eles besides Abjured.

2. I don’t see the point in complaining when HoT is just round the corner is is gonna screw the meta up, they obviously aren’t going to change anything before then.

With HoT, DD ele might become standard balance level, do you want to play a game like that? They need to nerf things not increase the powercreep just so some specs might beat currently broken specs.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, the best way to nerf any OP class is to do so little by little. That way, you bring them down without wrecking the class. However, the risk is that you don’t nerf them enough and well…sometimes that happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well, the best way to nerf any OP class is to do so little by little. That way, you bring them down without wrecking the class. However, the risk is that you don’t nerf them enough and well…sometimes that happens.

This!
The devs have a bad habit of nerfing with a hammer. I feel recently they have been more moderate, and I like that.

Elementalist is a mess to balance. They are top-tier everywhere (PvE, PvP, group and roaming WvW). But then suddenly they created a different PvE content and people fear that ele will be trash tier there…

They recently nerfed D/D ele while buffing scepter. D/D ele is still god-mode, scepter is still bad. But that’s the right direction, and considering how busy they are with HoT, you could not expect a more in-depth patch.

in PvP

witcher.3197

This!
The devs have a bad habit of nerfing with a hammer. I feel recently they have been more moderate, and I like that.

Elementalist is a mess to balance. They are top-tier everywhere (PvE, PvP, group and roaming WvW). But then suddenly they created a different PvE content and people fear that ele will be trash tier there…

They recently nerfed D/D ele while buffing scepter. D/D ele is still god-mode, scepter is still bad. But that’s the right direction, and considering how busy they are with HoT, you could not expect a more in-depth patch.

Except Anet is always too busy. When it’s not HoT they’ll find another excuse, just like they did in the last 3 years.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

They didn’t nerf d/d ele enough but for once, I’d say that’s a good thing. I’d rather have them do slight nerfs that gut an entire class or build.

For people who didn’t buy expac, they still have d/d eles to rely on for a powerful build. I thought what anet did there was a good call. I used to be one of biggest critics of d/d eles and even if they are still a bit OP, they are fine where they are.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

witcher.3197

They didn’t nerf d/d ele enough but for once, I’d say that’s a good thing. I’d rather have them do slight nerfs that gut an entire class or build.

If they only do balance patches twice a year they better make it count imo, kitten small nerfs..