ESL Go4GuildWars2 Monthly Finals Update

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

ESL Go4GuildWars2 November Monthly Finals

The date is set, it will be on the 10th of December for both NA and EU, exact times are still yet TBA.

The Go4 ranking looks like this so far
NA:

1. The Absurd
  2. The Abjured
  3. Slippery Dingo Wranglers
  4. Olrun And Kizos Happy Hour
  5. Boreal Esports
  6. hold my beer
  7. Radioactive
  8. Sharks With Lazers

EU:

1. Made in Meta
  2. Cheese Mode
  3. The Civilized Gentlemen
  4. Team Champignon
  5. Pizza With Nutella
  6. Fifty Five Hp Monks
  7. Purple Smokers
  8. SWAGnir Has Returned

Stream/Cast Info:
Jebro will be joined by professional shoutcaster Kaelaris at the ESL studios in Cologne, Germany for the EU stream.
Grouch will cast with another professional shoutcaster, Frodan, at the ESL studios in Los Angeles, USA.

Sign up for the next Go4GuildWars2 for your chance of qualifying for the Monthly Finals!

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like there’s much more competition on EU than NA. My opinion could be biased, though.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Just out of curiosity, have these shoutcasters played the game before? I have never heard of them. It will be interesting to see how they do.

in PvP

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

F R O D A N B O Y S

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Do those casters even know anything about Guild Wars 2?

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Do those casters even know anything about Guild Wars 2?

highly doubt frodan has vast knowledge of the game,

I want to believe……

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Them not knowing anything may be the point. If it gets highly promoted and gets a higher amount of viewers than normal, those new viewers will have someone to relate to. Seeing popular esport shoutcasters will give newer viewers the sense that GW2 is really trying to go for it.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Them not knowing anything may be the point. If it gets highly promoted and gets a higher amount of viewers than normal, those new viewers will have someone to relate to. Seeing popular esport shoutcasters will give newer viewers the sense that GW2 is really trying to go for it.

Trying to be optimistic, this is what will happen: it will capture the attention of at least 10 (100 [generous]) viewers before most close the window and move onto something else.

This game is not at the point to being viewable at the moment and no changes have been made to do so. At this point the only people that understand what is going on in matches have to actively see minimaps and the shoutcasters knowledge of what is happening in the game, this alone brings a handicap to what a fresh new viewer will be looking at due to effects.

The shoutcasters can obviously make the stream entertaining while keeping the audience (viewers) oblivious into any strategy going on because the game isn’t there yet.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

This game is not at the point to being viewable at the moment and no changes have been made to do so. At this point the only people that understand what is going on in matches have to actively see minimaps and the shoutcasters knowledge of what is happening in the game, this alone brings a handicap to what a fresh new viewer will be looking at due to effects.

Exactly. There are still too many visuals effects on the screen when more than 2 people are fighting. Add to that the fact that the spectator mode is mediocre with no “free” camera and any gw2 newbie will close the stream after 30s.

As for the casters on the eu side, Jebro is not really the technical type of commentator, so pairing him with someone who doesn’t know the game… leaves me sceptical.

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

The faster we get a time the better. Since this event falls on a Wednesday, it would be nice to know as soon as possible whether I need to contact my employer to get the day off. (Or if it is after I get off work, I can stop worrying about it)

Backpack. The Absurd

Edit: work-school
Contact employer = convince my parents to let me skip

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners