Warrior – 2
Guardian – 1

Source UGO PvP Tournament EU

Sóuk Berserker – Baruch Bay

EU Unity Gaming Org Class Presence

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Those poor horribly under-powered necros, clearly broken and useless.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Those poor horribly under-powered necros, clearly broken and useless.

All those necros clearly solo queued. Oh wait it was a 5v5 tournament aka organized play aka not what necro players complain about.

Put any of those necros in solo q and they would still win games. Don’t want to sound like the old guy or anything but I’ve been around these woods for a while and necro players are just bad I don’t know why…. it’s like you start off as a newbie and you find out necro seems to be easy to play and your winning (low level) then once you start getting mid to high level the same stuff isn’t working but they just keep banging their head against that wall and then come to the forums and claim it’s the games fault.

I’m not the best player by any stretch yet when I see something I don’t just bang my head against the wall. I identify the problem and either fix it or do what I can to mitigate it.

It seems as though there are far less people with that approach to PvP than there are to those that lose a couple games decide it’s their team, their class, their Internet, their computer, their router, their modem, their parents, their older brother, their younger sister, their 2nd cousin twice removed, their dog, their cat, their parakeet.

It’s never their fault.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Agreed with NeXeD… Necro can do fine in soloQ. The difference between Necro and other classes is, I think, is that Necro is generally harder to get used to. It has no blocks, evades, fairly poor mobility, no invulnerabilities, basically no “Oh kitten” buttons (now that Plague became Plaguelands). All the other classes have quite a bit of those. When someone goes from a class that has a lot of those, like Thief or… Mesmer to a Necro, it’s a totally different playstyle and having to rely on Shroud and basically take all the beating and CC that is thrown at you is hard to get used to.

Anyway, surprised to see so many Necros but #booncorruption <3

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The irony of necro:
1) it’s entirely dependent on having a support ele.
2) it’s the best class for killing the other team’s support ele.

Necro is meta because support ele is meta, if support ele stops being meta then necro will stop being meta.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

The irony of necro:

Necro is meta because support ele is meta, if support ele stops being meta then necro will stop being meta.

This is a hilarious observation. We are victim to our desire for maximum efficiency.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

The irony of necro:

oh no, the “hyper carry” dps needs a support? what kind of concept is that

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Put any of those necros in solo q and they would still win games.

Funny that you said that because half of those necros are actually people who almost exclusively played warrior in ranked during the last and when they played necro, they were duo with an ele :^)
Then the there is the necro who won the tournament.. he usually plays mesmer and occasionally thief. Apparently the class is so hard to play, that only people who actually don’t play it can do it. Makes sense. It is certainly not related to solo vs duo vs organized play.

I’m not the best player by any stretch yet when I see something I don’t just bang my head against the wall. I identify the problem and either fix it or do what I can to mitigate it.

Guess what, most necros have already identified it. As the leaderboards show, they have also found the fix: Contrary to what you think, it seemingly was not to improve themselves, but to duo queue with an ele

Edit: Don’t get me wrong. Of course they would still win games as they are great players in general but I am also sure, that their overall performance and winrate would have been significantly worse if they had solo queued nec or duo queued nec without support.

Btw it seems a bit off that some guilds are listed with their guild tags whereas most are not on the ugo webpage.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Funny that you said that because half of those necros are actually people who almost exclusively played warrior in ranked during the last and when they played necro, they were duo with an ele :^)
Then the there is the necro who won the tournament.. he usually plays mesmer and occasionally thief. Apparently the class is so hard to play, that only people who actually don’t play it can do it. Makes sense. It is certainly not related to solo vs duo vs organized play.

Guess what, most necros have already identified it. As the leaderboards show, they have also found the fix: Contrary to what you think, it seemingly was not to improve themselves, but to duo queue with an ele

Edit: Don’t get me wrong. Of course they would still win games as they are great players in general but I am also sure, that their overall performance and winrate would have been significantly worse if they had solo queued nec or duo queued nec without support.

Btw it seems a bit off that some guilds are listed with their guild tags where as most are not on the ugo webpage.

I solo q as a necro. I’ve managed to have a career winrate in ranked over 60%. I wish there was an easy way to check but id bet since seasons came out im probably closer to 70%. And to make it worse i typically dont play a meta build…. Most of those seasons besides season 1 and 2 when i played rev i was using a Chrono Runes all wells GS d/w necro.

Never had an ele babysitting me and im not the best player, but i learned when to engage and when not too, and i learned to not just spam the kitten out of my skills whenever they are off cooldown.

So forgive me if i dont feel sorry for anyone who struggles in the same meta that i can use a freaking chrono runes diviner ammy necro WITH ALMOST ZERO condi clear and come out with a 60-70% winrate……

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

GJ on farming the NA gold/silver/bronze division. Unfortunately, I do not see how that makes necro less dependent on support/ele in higher divisions/mmr.

plat 3 and legendary

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Not even top 250 :^)

didnt play much last season and anet has already come out and said they made it to hard to hit legendary last season. If i had played more games last season i absolutely would have mad plat 2 or 3. Finished gold 3. With only like 45 games maybe.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Btw it seems a bit off that some guilds are listed with their guild tags where as most are not on the ugo webpage.

I solo q as a necro. I’ve managed to have a career winrate in ranked over 60%. I wish there was an easy way to check but id bet since seasons came out im probably closer to 70%. And to make it worse i typically dont play a meta build…. Most of those seasons besides season 1 and 2 when i played rev i was using a Chrono Runes all wells GS d/w necro.

Never had an ele babysitting me and im not the best player, but i learned when to engage and when not too, and i learned to not just spam the kitten out of my skills whenever they are off cooldown.

So forgive me if i dont feel sorry for anyone who struggles in the same meta that i can use a freaking chrono runes diviner ammy necro WITH ALMOST ZERO condi clear and come out with a 60-70% winrate……

Great. The point Erzian is making is that it isnt necro that is good, it is ele with necro. Without ele then necro is awful.

I didnt play the game for 2 years and then played the season before last. I did decent solo although not great. I then queued with an ele friend and ended up legend around 1970 mmr iirc (before quitting again). It was not hard to get legend with an ele friend as he just carried me whilst I clicked buttons, i didnt know any of the skills other classes were doing lol. The difference in power level is extreme.

Playing necro without an ele is basically a pointless endeavour and not worth the frustration. Without an ele necro has been the worst class for a long time. I didnt watch the tournament so I have no knowledge of the necros playing, but if they want to do a whole season as a purely solo queue condi necro then I would like to see their final win rate compared to any other class solo.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

In season 5 i soloq as necro (only) and got rank 23 (eu) with total 299 games. I won many games with no ele on my side and also lost many with ele on my side. So regards normal ranked games (not esports), necro can do just fine, just learn to adapt.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

hmmm

Better nerf true shot again just to be sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Jcsk.8195

Jcsk.8195

EU UGO GW2 5v5 #2

Rank 55 Dragons – Mesmer, Engi, Thief, Rev, Ele
Bowscoped – Thief, Mesmer, Ranger, Rev, Ele
The Flaming Fist – Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Thief, Ranger

Top 3 teams class presence:
Mesmer – 3/3
Elementalist – 3/3
Thief – 3/3

Revenant – 2/3
Ranger – 2/3

Necromancer – 1/3
Engineer – 1/3

Warrior – 0/3
Guardian – 0/3

Source RESULT

Struikenduiken – Ele, Guard, Tief, Mesmer, Engi
Vapenation – Mesmer, Ele, Ranger, Thief, Necro

Note: Only teams seen in the Stream!

Total teams class presence:
Mesmer – 5/5
Elementalist – 5/5
Thief – 5/5

Ranger – 3/5

Necromancer – 2/5
Revenant – 2/5
Engineer – 2/5

Guardian – 1/5

Warrior – 0/5

Source UGO PvP Tournament EU #2

Sóuk Berserker – Baruch Bay

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I like how this thread instantly devolved into talking about necro.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yay nerf warriors and dragonhunters some more !!! smh.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I haven’t seen the streams hence my question: what role are rev, rng, and engi playing in current meta? Is it power rev as a team fighter? rng and engi doing brawler/stalling 2v1s? Some build information would be nice to see what amulets and utilities are being run by the teams.

and before i forget: pls nerf guard and war more omagah

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Better nerf true shot again just to be sure.

Do not forget test of faith and shield of courage

these guys git it

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I like how this thread instantly devolved into talking about necro.

It’s what happens when you necro a old thread.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Can we get some love on warrior Anet? It’s obviously not in a great place.