Earning Gems through PvP~

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

~there, the idea. Let us earn Gems through PvP then spend it in the Black Lion Store.

I believe an idea like this is needed because currently:
(1) PvP rewards are still boring. Yes, they are slightly better than before but look, PvP rank progression almost means nothing now. They don’t even show it to other players anymore, and even rank-specific skins are gone.

(2) There is not enough incentives to win. Win or loss, we all progress in the PvP track, only faster or slower. Plus, there is almost no PvP rewards that I cannot get by doing PvE. Speaking of which, where are our legendary rewards?

So that is why I think a Gem reward can help:
The reward rate should be moderate, say, 20 Gems per won unranked and 30 Gems per won ranked games. And absolutely no Gems for lost games. This would make PvP more rewarding, and provide good incentives to win the game.

What do you think?

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

bad idea + Anet will never do this…

in PvP

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I do agree with the things you stated. Especially #1.
But 20-30 gems per win? That’s too much.
And besides that would massively bring all the PvP newbies to the mists just so that they can farm Gems.

I think the perfect balance would be 2 gems for unranked win, 5 for ranked win. If this ever happened that is.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

The reward rate should be moderate, say, 20 Gems per won unranked and 30 Gems per won ranked games.

Since there’s Gem-Gold conversion, wouldn’t an increase in Gold reward do the same thing?

BTW I think one of the best changes in the last patch, was that there is no more difference in reward between the two arena types. Let’s keep it this way, please. So noone coming here “just” for the rewards, feels they have to do ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Anything goes for me as long as you don’t get rewards for hotjoin.

But then again i seem to remember you could get gems from pvp at the start of the game and they removed it- please correct if i am wrong!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: SunnyLane.9386

SunnyLane.9386

3-4 gems for each points u have on leaderboard is a good idea in my opinion

in PvP

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Not going to happen. At least it’s more likely to happen then any sort of actual reward for winning a wvw match up (apart from the 6 extra greens..after you hit 3 more wvw ranks to qualify for them..), or defending something in wvw, or helping to cap a tower or keep but missing out on getting anything as you didn’t get a hit on the champ or inside the ring in time.

At least you get rewards in pvp. And more of them. And more frequently.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

~there, the idea. Let us earn Gems through PvP then spend it in the Black Lion Store.

I believe an idea like this is needed because currently:
(1) PvP rewards are still boring. Yes, they are slightly better than before but look, PvP rank progression almost means nothing now. They don’t even show it to other players anymore, and even rank-specific skins are gone.

(2) There is not enough incentives to win. Win or loss, we all progress in the PvP track, only faster or slower. Plus, there is almost no PvP rewards that I cannot get by doing PvE. Speaking of which, where are our legendary rewards?

So that is why I think a Gem reward can help:
The reward rate should be moderate, say, 20 Gems per won unranked and 30 Gems per won ranked games. And absolutely no Gems for lost games. This would make PvP more rewarding, and provide good incentives to win the game.

What do you think?

Gems were already given back in the days in Paid Tourny. It was a good idea, that Anet removed.

There is your answer.

in PvP

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

keep dreaming …

well u do get silver for pvp keep saving and one day u will be able to buy 10 gems after 1000 matches XD

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

You have the pvp reward track and 15s per victory. You can buy gens with gold

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

If gems were to be added as a reward then they should be done in a more unique way.

For example:
25 gems per 5 wins in a row

(reminiscent of the Gladiator title back in GW1)

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

We already get gemstore stuff.

We could have gotten permanent Wintersday finishers, as well as transmutation charges. Tomes on Knowledge used to be gemstore & pvp exclusive too.

What gems stuff do you really want? Minis? BL Key items? Boosters? No thanks to all. Anet still has to earn its keep.

How about instead:

Finisher charges (previously avaible through Pvp)
Pvp Exclusive Skins get rereleased

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

30 gems for a win would be crazy. I could go with my team and farm 600 gems a day easily.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Bad idea. Playing should be its own reward. Increasing the rewards will make people want to win, not play (not that it isn’t already the case).

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

2 gems ranked win, 1 gem unranked win.

Thats the only way to keep it reasonable.

Also maybe like a every 100 wins you get a chest with random kitten in it black lion key, black lion scrap, ascended item, kitten like that

(edited by Sebastian.4610)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

You already get 1 gem per win (26 silver for gem currently), since you get 30 silver.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I think that the reward is already good enough. You get a reward track, you get 30silver per victory, rank up chests.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

30 Gems equals about 4.5 gold. You realize that’s silly right? They would never do that b/c economy and the mass PvE exodus as they scramble to PvP trying to earn a meager 30g/hr. That’s about what the best farm ever in GW2 gave and it was nerfed within a week. I do think they need to get more creative with the ‘reward’ tracks though. The way they’re setup now is OK but I find some of the stuff really redundant. I’d like to see more variety in the track themes themselves. Perhaps they could make a 1-time Black Lion track (it would have to be one time only so they could make the rewards valuable but maybe they could reset it every few months or add another). There are AP rewards that give Gems, but the AP req. is high enough they can’t be farmed and they’re spread out enough that they take a long time to get and thousands of people won’t be cashing them in at once (a huge part of the GW2 economy revolves around Gems). the problem is, for dedicated PvPers, the high AP chests just aren’t accessible. Perhaps some suggestions for more reward tracks and/or how to improve the existing ones would be more likely to have an impact on rewards than asking for farmable Gems.

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

I’d rather just get a repeatable reward path that gives you gold/other currencies(dungeon currencies, karma, laurals..) then gem rewards.

Also less kittening ascended mats that I’m never gonna use and just end up deleting cause for some ungoddly reason we can’t sell them on the TP or something.

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

Bad idea.
1. Too much gems.
2. No one game mode/encounter/event not provide gems. Gold, items, but not gems.
3. Difference between Ranked and Unranked – wrong! More rewards = more people who play just for rewards. Ranked for people who want challange and place on LB, extra reward exist in Ranked for top players (even if now it’s grindboard) – lama, glorious hero armor.

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

https://www.gw2spidy.com/gem
100 gems costs 14 g 63 s to buy.
10 gems cost 1 g 46 s 30 c to buy
1 gem cost 14 s 63 c to buy

unranked / ranked win gives 30 s
unranked / ranked loss gives 15 s

at the moment, you already earn 2 gems for wins and 1 gem for loses