Easy class to play in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Hi, I just started doing pvp and I’m looking for an easy class to play with. Could someone suggest me? I heard turret engi and ranger are easy.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Ranger (Evade spam, reliable damage on long bow, artificial intelligence pet) and Guard (instant cast defense and offense) are realistically the easiest if you want “diversity” and “easy” considering all Ranger and Guard builds are just easy no matter how you build those classes.

Shoutbow and Hambow on Warrior is easy but Zerker amulet builds are not. Turret Engi is pretty easy mode too and once you get better (such as learning how to bait defensive cool downs and then going all in when the enemy has none) can move on to Slick Shoes which is another easy mode mechanic because of how it eats through blocks and evades.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Turret engi is extremely easy but it is a pile of trash that will not work at a higher level and will also not get you used to the regular gameplay in PvP, as the NPC turrets will do most of your work and you won’t be able to move around. Chances are that the enemy will just ignore you and kill your whole team 5v4 while you sit at an empty point. Then they will just gank you 2v1 or 3v1 and take your point too.

Longbow ranger is another easy class, use longbow #2 for massive damage, if an enemy comes after you, use longbow #3 & #4 for stealth and knockback, once he gets close, use GS block and daze, then activate Signet of Stone and try to kill him in 6 seconds, otherwise run with GS #3 or die.

Medi guard is easy to kill low level players with, but gets exposed badly against good engis and eles until you learn to get better with it. It’s really a horrible feeling when you get trashed as a medi guard, but overall it has more potential to be good than turret engi or longbow ranger, because it does more for the team than just pure damage or point-holding.

Stance warrior is the same as guardian, but more difficult at this point because of the nerfs.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Thief hands down. Was made for R-t@rds that only know how to spam the 1 or 2 button

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Oh and I forgot, D/D Ele isn’t hard either. Specially now that they buffed z-axis teleports, it’s even easier.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Turret Engineer, Pew pew glass longbow ranger, Minion master necromancer, Dagger dagger stealth-backstab-heartseeker spam thief. All easy to play, somewhat fun, and very strong against newer players.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Thief is not easy to play well, just easy for bads to hate on after getting rekt by one. I would certainly recommend learning to play one though as it is the best way to learn to fight one and they can be a lot of fun to play.

Turret engi is strong in 1v1s but you won’t learn the game playing it since it plays itself and you can’t do much beyond stand on a single point.

For just learning the game I would recommend Warrior Guardian or Ranger. All of which have simple but effective builds without too much depth so you can focus on learning the mechanics of the game as well as the class.

If you want to be successful in PvP you’l likely want to spend a little time playing each of the classes because PvP is as much about (possibly more) your knowledge of your opponent as it is about being able to play your class.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

From easiest to hardest:

Turret Build Engie

Ranger

Guardian

(elementalist)

Warrior

(elementalist)

Thief

Mesmer

Necro

Any other Engie

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

easiest to hardest:

Thief

Necro

Ranger

Guardian

Warrior

Elementalist

Mesmer

Engineer-

in PvP

Posted by: SomeName.1079

SomeName.1079

Everyone seems to have different opinions on what’s easy, or hard it seems. Only tried Necro in PvP and I get annihilated, but that’s not necessarily the fault of the class, more likely mine, and the build. I rarely play PvP as competitive multiplier isn’t my thing, I’m more of a co-op kinda guy. Experimentation is always your best asset is all I can say. Try different weapons and builds, you’ll hit on something that works eventually I’m sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Warriors are by far the easiest class to pick up.

I’m wondering why everyone is saying thief is the easiest class to start out in….they have one of the highest learning curves.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Everyone has different opinions but mesmer is usually one the harder, and ranger one of the easier (as well as warrior)

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Warriors are by far the easiest class to pick up.

I’m wondering why everyone is saying thief is the easiest class to start out in….they have one of the highest learning curves.

I would say, thief is hard for people who have no idea what they are doing, extreme noobs. but easy to pick up as some one who have a little idea about what they are doing. because initiative system is very forgiving as a zerker and auto pilot skill is a no brainner

after being playing zerker warrior (when warrior was dead, so only option) for a long time, the first time i pick up thief i already know how to decap, burst, target, disengage. it was insanely easy to play and easy to pick up. especially during the SP time.

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Power ranger, mediguard, power necro, PU mesmer, Shoutbow warrior.

These will all be relatively easy to pick up for new people, some of them are a little glassy but risk vs reward.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

And this is why the skill level of this game has greatly demised. Keyboard turners constantly whining about thieves. I just wish the publishers didnt force the dev team to make such idiotic changes to cater to them. (at least i hope its the publishers/mangement, If it isn’t shame on you balance team)

ah well. That’s the one bonus of having such a low population. Everyone knows these guys are horrible and are pretty much ignored.

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

easiest to hardest:

Thief

Necro

Ranger

Guardian

Warrior

Elementalist

Mesmer

Engineer-

Found the person who has never played a Thief before!

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The absolute easiest class over all ?

Tends to be hambow shout warrior.

You can also build it several different ways.

Go cleric amulet to make it a AOE healer while providing decent damage & having allot of toughness.

Go zerker to make it do allot of burst while having almost as much sustain as med guard (but also providing more offensive support & AOE healing)

Go soldier to laugh at your enemies as you fight them and never die while contesting points.

Also who is saying thieves are easy ? They may be easy to get downs with but staying alive with them can be a pain in the but vs many specs.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Longbow Ranger. Also lol at people saying thief is easy

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Thief is easy in a way that it’s mechanical skill is less important unlike DD ele, engi, warrior

It relies more on rotation skill, positioning and target focusing to be effective, so if you have these, thief will be easy to pick up and play.

btw it’s also harder to rotate, to position and focus target on most other zerker classes, so thief is easier in that sense as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Anything that is not Necromancer or Mesmer is good for you

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Go turret engi already….

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Anything that is not Necromancer or Mesmer is good for you

This. Despite what people are saying thief would not be a good class to start learning mechanics and rotations on, so I’d cross that off the list too.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

In terms of player input to get success from the build Easiest to hardest:

Engi (turret)
Shoutbow Warr
Pew pew ranger
Medi Guard (very risky tho)
D/d Ele celestial (yes really)
Thief (I do believe thief is much harder to play than people give it credit for.)
Necromancer- If your team can’t peel for you you are very CC susceptible however your condi clear will always be nice
Mesmer-yes there are easy mesmer builds like PU etc. They do jack for your team however. Standard shatter is one of the most unforgiving builds ever.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

What a wall of useless posts. There is no easy class. There are easier builds to play and difficult builds to play, every class have them.

In general, tanky builds are easier since you are allowed to make mistakes while playing it, full dps builds are harder to play since bad skill rotation, timing or bad skill usage might be crucial for you.

DPS builds are more fun to play imo.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

D/D celestial ele. Best sustain/tankiness in the game while slowly melting everything around with AoE damage, plus decent mobility.

Sometimes if you face a skilled player you could care about what’s doing, but most of times can be played in auto mode just clicking the skills in the proper sequence without having to worry about what’s happening around. Is like running a hamster’s wheel.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

If you are just starting it is probably better not to play thief as you will likely die a lot and won’t be able to take advantage of the thief’s strengths- mobility, decaping, and +1ing. People will probably hate on you in games for playing badly because of this.

You are likely going to get destroyed whatever you play when you first start out, but picking a build with a bit of tankiness and some escapes or invuns/blocks, or strong pets/AI is a good start. Also good to have something that is kind of tanky but a support, instead of a key player like a bunker or a roamer so that you can just stay with a group and add pressure until you know what you are doing.

Probably the shoutbow warrior fits the above description best, or you could take a non zerker amulet guardian with some blocks knockbacks and heals- there was one build I played where I basically just used one skill (mace symbol of faith), very boring but hard to kill, low skill cap and gave healing/support so team could wreck face. I also hear turret engi is really easy although I haven’t played one. And necro minion master is pretty easy and is a huge presence in a game. People will be too scared to even go near you, haha.

Once you get the hang of things a bit play a zerker class, much more fun imo; its like playing a totally different game (meditation guard, some kind of thief, longbow ranger are fun).

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

PU is WvW not sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Well, it depends on what you call easy.

Easy mechanically and to be useful to your team: warrior, guardian, ranger

(Relatively) easy mechanically but harder to be useful as a beginner: necromancer, thief

(Relatively) difficult to play mechanically but easy to be useful to your team: elementalist, engineer (kits, not turrets)

Hard to play, hard to not be eaten alive, but super fun: shatter mesmer

Don’t try shatter mesmer right away, don’t try engineer because unlike elementalist there is no rotation, so you’ll get overwhelmed by the number of skills you have. Every other profession is a good choice, keeping in mind what’s written above. About the difficulty, I meant for a beginner: of course thief is mechanically harder to play at higher level than elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

PU is WvW not sPvP.

Ohhhh I’m so sorry I was unaware PU spec was locked out of spvp.

He said easy, didn’t say viable.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

PU is WvW not sPvP.

Ohhhh I’m so sorry I was unaware PU spec was locked out of spvp.

He said easy, didn’t say viable.

Yeah, but we shouldn’t give new players bad advices. ;-)

<sarcasm>

If easy is the only factor play Turret Engi. Nothing is more easy.

1. Place Turrets
  2. Go AFK

</sarcasm>

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Shoutbow is a build that is simple mechanically, but it is not as simple to play CORRECTLY. Many Shoutbows play too selfishly, wen their primary goal should be to support their team. Don’t just use your shouts, use them to cleanse condis from your team. Don’t just drop your Combustion Shot, use it on your teammates and use Arcing Arrow and Call to Arms to give them might. Also, use Savage Leap through your fire field, it gives you a shield that burns and gives you might every time you are hit.

So no, I would not recommend Shoutbow for beginners, it requires game knowledge to play well, even if mechanically it’s simple.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Which ever profession and build fits with your playstyle best.

People will give you lists and reasons for the lists, but at the end of the day these will always be biased based on their personal experience. You will do better to take each prof into the mists lobby and try out different builds for each, to see what fits you best.

Some profs may be easier to learn and master than others, for the majority of players, but there is a factor that needs to align with that: Your playstyle and your capability. If your playstyle and capability does not fit with the popular builds, you may find the builds that are commonly easy are not so easy for you, and visa versa.

I’m not saying ignore the lists, as they may indicate the popular profs for ease of use (or whatever you mean by easy), but do not just take them as gospel and expect them to be correct for you. Try the popular builds and see if they work. If they don’t, tweak them or try something else.

For me, thief is the easiest profession to play, because it is my main, because I’ve played it the most and because it fits perfectly with my playstyle. But that doesn’t mean it will be easy for you.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Discrimination by profession is dumb. The build is way too important to ignore it. You have ez and difficult for all professions.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

In terms of player input to get success from the build Easiest to hardest:

Engi (turret)
Shoutbow Warr
Pew pew ranger
Medi Guard (very risky tho)
D/d Ele celestial (yes really)
Thief (I do believe thief is much harder to play than people give it credit for.)
Necromancer- If your team can’t peel for you you are very CC susceptible however your condi clear will always be nice
Mesmer-yes there are easy mesmer builds like PU etc. They do jack for your team however. Standard shatter is one of the most unforgiving builds ever.

This guy pretty much has it figured out. You say “Easiest class” but there are many builds for each class. In class general you should ask, “Class + Build I will be most successful with”. For this you need a class + build that is very forgiving upon mistakes while you learn your way around. I would never put turret engi in any list because it will not help you learn what you need to be doing and about other classes. I would say go Warrior as your safest bet. Easy mode next to that will be a ranger ( just stay far away while you figure it all out). Rest can be in the middle somewhere depending on your build you choose. The above descriptions of certain builds are decent. Necro or Mesmer would be the last 2 classes on your list. Least forgiving and you will get rocked none stop since you are new. Being dead 80% of the match won’t help you learn the classes, rotations, skills, etc you need in the beginning of the learning process.

Honest opinion, you want a class without a ton of rotation skills and somewhat tanky; so you can learn the aspects of PvP without being completely useless to your team. You will learn more in the big picture by being alive than dead. Warrior is the class for you(shotbow or hambow) or if you want more skills/ rotations to go through, go Ele. Ele can be overwhelming to new players at first because of the mass amounts of skills they have. It is very forgiving at a new level though.

With these 2 choices you will be able to slowly learn the aspect of PvP, learn how to team fight and what certain classes need, and learn the skills other player classes are throwing at you; because you are not getting 1 shot. Learn what needs to be dodged and avoided etc. GL in your endeavors.

P.S. Did that guy seriously say Thief and Necro # 1 &2 best choice for a new player? Lol. Ya if they want to learn how to count the rocks on the ground and memorize the patterns on the spawn walls. Engi hardest lol? Cmon man. Be real with this guy, he is new. Help him out.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

GhOst.4019

easiest to hardest:

Thief

Necro

Ranger

Guardian

Warrior

Elementalist

Mesmer

Engineer-

Found the person who has never played a Thief before!

Yep. My guess is he is an engineer LOL (Bottom of list). Seriously, that list is horrendously the worst list ever.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

When will people get bored of doing this.. I have no idea if ever.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

Warrior is easy to pick up for beginners who are learning pvp. However, it gets difficult to play at higher levels because players at those levels know how to fight against warriors. Then it becomes a matter of learning how to “counter their counters”, which is where I’m at currently. It’s not easy.

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Well, countering the counters is a far step above newbie lvl. He wants the easiest class to get started and that would be Warrior. Once he has the general idea of PvP and skills figured out, he can then venture on to whatever class he wants to main and attempt to master it against all.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

Well, countering the counters is a far step above newbie lvl. He wants the easiest class to get started and that would be Warrior. Once he has the general idea of PvP and skills figured out, he can then venture on to whatever class he wants to main and attempt to master it against all.

Agreed. Just figured I’d give some long term food for thought as well.