Easy to top score with Greatsword Reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

…if that score is damage received.

Seriously, this weapon is atrocious. I am the most easily kited thing I’ve ever attempted to play in PvP. Basically need a team to hold something still for me.

Ah well. Somehow it’s still…kinda fun?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

You’re meant to stack chill so they can’t run. shrugs

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Not easy when movement skills aren’t effected by chill anymore and reduction traits on movement impeding conditions being handed out like candy.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

LMAO I agree w/ OP about damage received. My alt necro Misha Khan (Asura and a big Punky Brewster fan) was in a 4v5 so she took in even more damage than usual.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Industry.9362

Industry.9362

…if that score is damage received.

Seriously, this weapon is atrocious. I am the most easily kited thing I’ve ever attempted to play in PvP. Basically need a team to hold something still for me.

Ah well. Somehow it’s still…kinda fun?

The only good reason to use greatsword in pvp was for the vuln stacking before going into shroud. After the Blighter’s Boon nerf life force generation is untenable with the great sword. I hate feeling like I always have to play dagger/warhorn with power builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Meant to being the key phrase, here.

I can assure you this doesn’t work in application. I encourage anyone to pick up a greatsword reaper build, run a decent damage ammy (valk, marauder, zerker) and tell me that’s not a joke.

In a way, I’m kind of happy for this, though. I can guarantee you the Reaper numbers are gonna plummet in SPvP. People won’t have fun with this for long.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

If you’re getting kited you’re not doing it right. You have ample chill inherently in the build, and Reaper 2 is a great gap closer. Reaper 4 will slow your target as well as rip them a new one. Pop 5 to keep them still with stun and chill, and pop 3 to make sure you can secure your casts. It’s a simple, straightforward and effective set of melee skills.

I’ve been destroying people with it.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I run GS just for Nightfall. It’s such a nice skill. I could probably count the times I actually hit someone with Gravedigger that wasn’t already downed or trying to get another downed guy up on my hands. Doesn’t matter much though, I let RS do all the work anyway. My one complaint is still Grasping Darkness. I just can’t grasp how the kitten thing works, the pulling thingy spawns in the weirdest of places and sometimes inside walls and structures and gets stuck a bunch. It’s a shame really because it’s so close to being an amazing skill.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Grasping Darkness is pretty dope. It’s a cone-shaped aoe pull. Drop Greatsword 4 or Well of Suffering, then Grasping Darkness, then jump into Reaper for 3 > 4 > 5 – out of Reaper to drop the hammer with Gravedigger. When I can I like to drop Nightfall AND Well of Suffering before Grasping Darkness, then going straight to Reaper for max crit and more cleave.

I think Gravedigger is a lot easier to land when you realize its cleaving all around you and you don’t have to stand still or even completely face your target to land it. Just having some chill on them should be enough to keep your opponent in range long enough to drop that 6k+ crit on them.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long