Easy way to win more.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

So, since I saw some hotjoin horrible yelling at a brand new rank 8 about how bad he was yesterday after I 1v2’d them, doing his best to drive away new pvpers, I figured quite a few people still haven’t seen this. It’s worth a watch, even though it’s very much focused on LoL.

Blaming your team – it’s always been the clearest sign you are bad, and it always will be. And yes, sometimes you do get bad teams. It’s how you handle that which shows if you’re any good. Do you step up or do you cry and whine? Are you usually the guy who carries or the guy who gets carried? Because the first guy doesn’t complain about his team not being as good as him, he’s used to it.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Compulsory reading.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

Blaming your team – it’s always been the clearest sign you are bad, and it always will be.

Very true.
Good video!

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Thought it was common sense to work as a team in tpvp at the very least.
But, great video. Must watch for all nerd ragers especially wannabe 1 man army warriors

Holycowow

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Really great video.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Compulsory reading.

+1 …. now we just have to drag them in

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

but Lol has a Matchmaking – GW2 not

here you cant step up your gaming when you are canonfodder for top 200 teams with your team not even ranked

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

but Lol has a Matchmaking – GW2 not

not sure if serious or just a kitten…

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

………lol needed to make a video about “play nice”……..well I guess the fact that the internet as a whole can’t play nice, I shouldn’t be surprised. /sigh the glory days of gaming before all this crud.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Really good video.

Now we need a game with a good balance and a good mmr/leaderaboard.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

You can’t step up in this game sadly in a lot of situations that’s rah rah nonsense. If A-net would do a better job with tutorials and proper matchmaking a lot of the rage would dissipate. Have you ever played sports? Try going to the local park and playing in a competitive pick up game and be a complete newb and see what happens. The fact of the matter is people expect a certain level of competence when you engage in a competitive endeavor. This is A-net’s faults for not putting people against the right competition and not giving newbies tools to learn the game. The small segment of posters on this board that consistently make excuses for A-net and try to find anyway possible to put blame on the players annoy the heck out of me. And I am not excusing this behavior I am more saying big deal that is what ignore is for welcome to the real world where sometimes people get angry and stupid stuff gets said. I wonder what kind of bubble some of you live in.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

You can’t step up in this game sadly in a lot of situations that’s rah rah nonsense. If A-net would do a better job with tutorials and proper matchmaking a lot of the rage would dissipate. Have you ever played sports? Try going to the local park and playing in a competitive pick up game and be a complete newb and see what happens. The fact of the matter is people expect a certain level of competence when you engage in a competitive endeavor. This is A-net’s faults for not putting people against the right competition and not giving newbies tools to learn the game. The small segment of posters on this board that consistently make excuses for A-net and try to find anyway possible to put blame on the players annoy the heck out of me. And I am not excusing this behavior I am more saying big deal that is what ignore is for welcome to the real world where sometimes people get angry and stupid stuff gets said. I wonder what kind of bubble some of you live in.

good job

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

+1

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I wonder what bubble you live in, if you think you get away with saying stupid things IRL. If someone said, what some ppl say in the tournaments, I would fire them before they could gather their things … I would have the guards kick them out.

In the more brutal environments you would most likely see the end of a fist before you blacked out.

Words are not “just words”. It is not socially OK to let your anger out on a random person; I have seen even some of the best in their field (in the world) being fired, due to socially unacceptable behavior.

Trust me or don’t – I don’t care. Nor do I care if you take my words into account. But this is the reality in the world I live in, and in the business organizations I have been (and still are) a part of, the university-world I have been a part of, and the elite-sports world I have been a part of.

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Hey if you don’t want to win more, keep raging

But yeah, what Poxxia said. If you think people who stay focused and adapt instead of having a little tantrum when things don’t go their way are the ones who are living in a bubble and need an introduction to the real world, I have news for you.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

video describes exactly why i actually stopped playing legaue…i spent more time trying to convince ppl to stop arguing and actually play; heck i even ended up maining (Thresh/Sona ftw!) support since ppl hated to play it and i did carry myself out to some ranks but it just got extremely tiring to the point where it felt like working as a teacher in the school with problem kids…and i just wanted to play game for fun :/

on the topic: yes teamwork is OP, i had matches where the score was abysmal and there was no win in sight and yet we still won because team decided to listen for once and work as a team (oh the tautology)

it is not THAT bad in gw2 but community definitely needs to work on it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Hey if you don’t want to win more, keep raging

But yeah, what Poxxia said. If you think people who stay focused and adapt instead of having a little tantrum when things don’t go their way are the ones who are living in a bubble and need an introduction to the real world, I have news for you.

Yeah…if talking would be enough..there would be no wars…you live in a fantasy dude!

If Anet would move already and fix this broken matchmaking..there would be a lot less rage

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

Easy way to win more.

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Yeah…if talking would be enough..there would be no wars…you live in a fantasy dude!

If Anet would move already and fix this broken matchmaking..there would be a lot less rage

That’s all rage is. Talk. Child’s talk at that, poor impulse control. The kind of behaviour that would get you spanked in the real world. That is, if you had the intestinal fortitude to actually try speaking to someone that way.

Action is covering for your team when they’re outmatched, and if you can’t, focusing on why that is, what you could do differently next time you get a bad team. Action is not having a little tantrum at your team because you couldn’t cover for them. That’s talking.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)