Effectively reporting

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

How do you effectively report AFKers and people that leave matches? I’ve heard that reporting people for botting is the appropriate way to report the afkers and whatnot, but recently it’s not working. I was just in a match with someone that went afk for almost the whole match, then on their team again the next match where they just left the match entirely. I understand that there’s something to be said about internet issues on the part of the other player, but I don’t understand how this isn’t something people are punished for, especially multiple times in an hour.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

You can’t report afkers, the clowns who report for " botting" will eventually get banned for submitting false reports.

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

How is that not a problem? If someone can go afk for a whole match and put you at an effective disadvantage until they choose to return, should I not be able to tell someone at Anet so that they can be punished for ruining the game for the rest of us?

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

You can’t report afkers, the clowns who report for " botting" will eventually get banned for submitting false reports.

Actually, Anet devs have confirmed that the best way to report afkers is to report them for botting. At least, the ones I’ve spoken to

Ranger//Necro

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

just report them and ask enemy team do that too

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

So much crying about afk’ing. Maybe sometimes people should ask themselves if there is a reason for someone to go afk. Hasn’t been a problem before the patch, aka before the great new player influx.

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Nero Stark.1369

Nero Stark.1369

So much crying about afk’ing. Maybe sometimes people should ask themselves if there is a reason for someone to go afk. Hasn’t been a problem before the patch, aka before the great new player influx.

I don’t know if you are implying that people go afk because they are upset by unexperienced players lured in by the patch, but I think the problem is elsewhere.

Even when losing, in PvP everyone will get some points that will advance you on the reward tracks (introduced with the new patch), so you are rewarded even if you just afk.

Here’s what I have observer from some afkers: enter the match, go to the first cap point, get killed, go afk to watch an episode of a tv series while the rest of the team rages.

At the end of the match in soloQ the afker gets 300 points (if the match is lost) plus 12s, or will get more more if the team manages to win anyway.
Rinse and repeat, you’ll get coins and chests from the reward tracks with little to no effort, and basically no risk at all.

I don’t know why ArenaNet forgot to add a report leecher/unfair behaviour as it was in GW1.

Effectively reporting

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

People have ample reason to “cry”.
When you join a solo Q and someone decides to go AFK and rubs it in your face just because something happens that they don’t like. Yes, it can be a tad frustrating. Especially because they know nothing gets done about it.