Ele Wars 2

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

Let’s be honest, this is what this game is now. All I see are teams of 2-3 DD eles, so fun to fight against when they have no counter on point and are the jack of all trades master of all. Apparently the balance guy is on vacation, so I guess it’s confirmed that ANet is really incompetent when it comes to proper balancing. I can’t blame people jumping on the OP bandwagon, all I saw a month ago were DDs and Mantra Mesmers, but since Mantras are not meta now guess they switched to DD.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

Classes get stacked because they have “10 million evades and I screwed up buttons.”

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

i find it funny since it feels like a easy fix. Reduce fire dmg by 10% and then on d/d eles have there ring of fire go from 3 stacks to 2.

reasons for this is bad players can spam the ring and then other bad players roll threw back and forth. Also you dont want to kill burn builds for the guardian,staff ele and condi ranger. Also with the way mesmers and thieves are we dont want the meta to change to them being op again. For me this would make it so easy to fix.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

Elementalist is just GOD in this game. You have incredible sustain, you are prepared for every possible situation and you can still do a lot of damage.
Rangers, Warriors and Thiefs are really bad right now.
Mesmer is a little bit strong, but i can live with it.
All other classes are okay.
But Ele is the Chuck Norris in this game, please fix it! If you just have a little bit skill with Ele you can kitten all other professions.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

Elementalist would be perfectly fine if they removed Celestial amulet.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Fix:

• give RoF 1s internal cd and fix the hitbox
  • give blind on burn a longer cd
* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

öhm no
ele would be perfectly fine if they
ring of fire → 1 stack fire or 2 → fix bugs on it [ only pvp ]
Drake’s Breath → add +2-3 sec recharge [ only pvp ]
maybe autoblind ICD 4 or 5 sec. [ only pvp ]

mkaytybb

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Markleon.2396

Markleon.2396

+1 completely agree with you!

Thief | Giulíetta Del Léon
Warrior | Giuliettá Del Léon
Ele | Kháleesi Léon

(edited by Markleon.2396)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i find it funny since it feels like a easy fix. Reduce fire dmg by 10% and then on d/d eles have there ring of fire go from 3 stacks to 2.

reasons for this is bad players can spam the ring and then other bad players roll threw back and forth. Also you dont want to kill burn builds for the guardian,staff ele and condi ranger. Also with the way mesmers and thieves are we dont want the meta to change to them being op again. For me this would make it so easy to fix.

Yes we dont want burns to be killed for guardians after waiting 3 years for decent damage on our one and only condition. Please look at application skills/traits rather than the actual damage. ie applying ICDs etc on some skills

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

If I had my hand it it, I’d do something like:

- Nerf burn damage by 25%, increase durations by 25% (Net about 7.5% damage, lower ticks to bring in line with other conditions, which actually also need to be brought UP, especially in case of Poison and Bleeding. Sad day when bleeding is less stackable than Burning and deals a quarter of the damage…)

- Ring of Fire gains a 1 second ICD per target. Reduce burn stacks from 3 to 2. (Too much easy haphazard damage.)

- Remove Burning Speed evade, another large burst that has too little counter measures and will reduce some of the unwarranted sustain, especially in their offensive attunement.

- Something with condition removal of Water. Not real sure how to handle it without killing it though. Needs some reduction.

Perfect. Would be perfectly happy. And in regards to Burning nerf, this is for a better and more fair general mechanic. If some burn skills end up too weak on other classes, it’s easy to adjust durations or stacks on an individual basis, but base burn of 1 burn is too high.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

- Nerf burn damage by 25%, increase durations by 25% (Net about 7.5% damage, lower ticks to bring in line with other conditions, which actually also need to be brought UP, especially in case of Poison and Bleeding. Sad day when bleeding is less stackable than Burning and deals a quarter of the damage…)

Sooo basically go almost back to what burning was before the latest patch… a useless addon damage that guards did while speccing power. gee thanks

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Sooo basically go almost back to what burning was before the latest patch… a useless addon damage that guards did while speccing power. gee thanks

7% burn damage nerf would not lead to that. And uh. You know. Stacking is still a thing. Stacking of such a high damage condition is what makes burning so badly overshadow the rest of the conditions because they don’t deal enough damage before being washed off, and Burn does too much. Burning does something like 4x the damage of bleeding per stack, and for some reason right now is actually easier to stack in large burst quantities! Burning was supposed to be fewer and farther between while bleeds were the stack-condition. Burning is just a better bleed at this point by far.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

^exactly this if u ask me.
Cele necro is also too bunker’ish if you ask me, takes forever to take one down while able to pressure alot.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Yes, in zerker build burning should do super low damage. This makes sense.

Now it’s broken, you’re defending it cuz you play a broken burning guardian.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Cele necro is also too bunker’ish if you ask me, takes forever to take one down while able to pressure alot.

That’s called being a balanced fighter. Notice how, unlike Cele Ele, Necro also can’t burst you down like crazy either. That’s how it should be. (unless you’re high on condition damage and little removal, they can make you burst yourself down lol.) nothing wrong with a Balanced fighter, so long as it’s just that. A jack of all trades and not able to still literally melt people. Celestial is the only way many builds can even work due to lack of stat customization…

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

That’s called being a balanced fighter. Notice how, unlike Cele Ele, Necro also can’t burst you down like crazy either. That’s how it should be. (unless you’re high on condition damage and little removal, they can make you burst yourself down lol.) nothing wrong with a Balanced fighter, so long as it’s just that. A jack of all trades and not able to still literally melt people. Celestial is the only way many builds can even work due to lack of stat customization…

I don’t really feel its balanced if you can survive 2v1 for over a minute while pressuring them, eventually making one of them disengage to reset few seconds..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Imo nothing but a pure tank spec should be able to survive 2v1 for more than 30sec

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

nice try, but no. Ele needs more nerfs than just that.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Lol i wanted actually to make similar thread: all i see is 2-3 eles on each team, many matches now end up with running out of time and not teams reaching 500+ pts

most fights are just total snooze fest :s

at least i play thief and can just roam around; i can only imagine how boring it is for any half decent ele atm though

- blinding ashes need to go
- burning needs its base dmg reduced
- either fire trait line or fire attunement spells need some adjustments in numbers as well

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Hahahahahahahahahaha, lol.

Removing celestial amulet removes eles from the game, simple as that.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Nerf Ring of Fire, add a 1s internal cooldown, change to 2 stacks of burn instead of 3.
Nerf Blinding Ashes by increasing internal cooldown to 10 seconds.

These 2 changes would solve a lot.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Cynz.9437

No, it doesn’t. They will just have to sacrifice something to deal dmg or have higher survival (like other classes do and should be).

All is Vain~

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t really feel its balanced if you can survive 2v1 for over a minute while pressuring them, eventually making one of them disengage to reset few seconds..

Erm. Who is having troubles 2v1ing a Cele necro? They don’t have the evasion for that type of thing… They should be fairly well locked down at that point.

Cele Ele? Yeah, we’ve established they’re OP. That’s not a Celestial issue. It’s an issue with Elementalist capabilities (blind spam, high condi removal, perma regen + water hot + signet + perma protection + Fire-field area denial, and high evades. AKA too much in one package). Celestial… pretty much anything else isn’t an issue, as most do very little damage and don’t have great sustain, kind of what you’d expect of a celestial user.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Already the fact that you think Ele can’t play anything but Cele shows how broken the class is.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

only bad eles wouldn’t be able to play without celestial (Considering removing it is gonna lead to other classes no playing bs cele specs too)

Ark 2nd Account

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

7% burn damage nerf would not lead to that. And uh. You know. Stacking is still a thing. Stacking of such a high damage condition is what makes burning so badly overshadow the rest of the conditions because they don’t deal enough damage before being washed off, and Burn does too much. Burning does something like 4x the damage of bleeding per stack, and for some reason right now is actually easier to stack in large burst quantities! Burning was supposed to be fewer and farther between while bleeds were the stack-condition. Burning is just a better bleed at this point by far.

I am in agreement with you that burning is too much, according to the wiki and just my own offhand observations, burning has a .155 coefficient, while bleeding and poison have a .06. I’m guessing the debs figured poison and bleeding combined woul be able to overshadow burning over time, that that just isn’t true. I think that honestly, burning should be brought down to 12% and stacks reduced on skills that apply burning, and the bleeds brought up to 8%. I do believe burning should do more damage compared to bleeding, but adhere to the rule that the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long. So pretty much make burning a better burst condition, with lulls in application to allow someone to breathe after cleansing it at the right time, and make bleeding do more damage and eventually overcome burn damage with enough time and stacks, and proper application of cover conditions to proect against general condition cleanse.

This would also hopefully encourage more interesting fights with guardians and engineers who use conditions.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Didn’t this happen over a year ago with d/d ele becoming unkillable for the most part, and then getting nerfed to oblivion out of the blue?

Same since day 1, I walk away from those fights asap before I pretend like they’re a worthy fight.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Had 4 eles on enemy team today, luckily they were total garbage, we barely won though. How does one even manage to balance the class so bad to the point that it can tank 3 players while dishing out zerker dmg and having close to thief moblity? Are they trying to make people quit pvp out of boredom or something?

All is Vain~

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I used to hate fighting D/D Eles, until I started playing Cele Signet Necro. And wow, so many crazy “balance” solutions. All this nerf burn damage, nerf celestial, instead of, you know, actually balancing the Ele without needlessly nerfing the other classes.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

philheat.3956

Honestly it starts to be embarrassing.

It’s a fact we have Ele Wars 2 now.

So probably something is wrong with this class.

Too good to do everything.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Ele wars 2 also meaning that literally everyone runs around with double cheese ele

cough wts cough….

Yeah yeah abj rotated better i know….considering how easy it is while you have 2 ppl being able to 1v2 for ages, try to get one less totally reterded spec and you won’t see all those good rotations anymore

aka everyone rotates good when you’re already “outnumbering” other teams with that crap (Meaning that for killing each ele you pretty much always gonna need 2 ppl and unlike bunker guard you can’t even try to pressure them 1v1 cause they’re just gonna destroy you on point)

Sad thing is that the only real counter to double ele comps is to run double ele too….and this is NOT what i call balance, but looks like anet has a different opinion than me…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

philheat.3956

Ele wars 2 also meaning that literally everyone runs around with double cheese ele

cough wts cough….

Yeah yeah abj rotated better i know….considering how easy it is while you have 2 ppl being able to 1v2 for ages…

There is a shy attempt from warriors to force some shoutwar version (it’s not so bad) but honestly Ele is better to 360°. It’s more a desperate move forced by eles.

I watched the entire evening ROm dueling ele and was like Ele could go afk for half of the match, come back, continue and winning the duel.

Rotfl.

Ofc it’s not only about duel, ele contribution to teamfight is really high in many ways, too strong right now.

(edited by philheat.3956)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Archaon.9524

cough wts cough….

Yeah yeah abj rotated better i know….considering how easy it is while you have 2 ppl being able to 1v2 for ages…

There is a shy attempt from warriors to force some shoutwar version (it’s not so bad) but honestly Ele is better to 360°. It’s more a desperate move forced by eles.

I watched the entire evening ROm dueling ele and was like Ele could go afk for half of the match, come back, continue and winning the duel.

Rotfl.

Ofc it’s not only about duel, ele contribution to teamfight is really high in many ways, too strong right now.

Yeah i’m trying settler’s shout too (With both shield vs dps comps and wh vs condi comps) but all you can do vs a cele d/d on point is survive…you will never, never, ever gonna kill him…and always manage you cds and stay as far as possible from freakin rof (That is also bugged af applying burning on evades and so on)…if you want to survive just stay away from it…you can get burning stacks even if you don’t touch it just going close enough due to your hitbox that may be larger than your char…if you’re asura (For example) your hitbox is the same as a charr = you are not touching rof with your char but hitbox does and you get burning anyway

when rom tried to 1v1 kervv on point kervv was laughing on ts….’nough said i guess

gg anet gg

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

there is NO match without at least 2 ele… this game is totally broken in PVP, everyone is just facerolling this godlike dd cele ele.
THIS ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE!
As engi i tried several builds vs ele and i never had a chance. I play engi since 3 years and i never seen something ridiculous like that.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I dunno, I have no trouble with my necro killing eles.

Maybe the real problem is that the counter (boon hate) is too weak. Revenant might help in some regard but really outside of cele necro and corrupt boon/well of corruption where is the boon hate?

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

there is NO match without at least 2 ele… this game is totally broken in PVP, everyone is just facerolling this godlike dd cele ele.
THIS ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE!
As engi i tried several builds vs ele and i never had a chance. I play engi since 3 years and i never seen something ridiculous like that.

Ermmm Turret engi from the past says Hi…but yeah eles do need to be nerfed, just saying that there were and there will be other godlike specs.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

The main reason I dislike Cele D/D is because anytime I manage to hold a point in a 1v1 with my Staff Cleric build, I get called cheese.

Ring of Fire could use a small 1-2 second ICD.
Blinding Ashes could go up to a 7 sec ICD.
Drake’s Breath could go down to 2 seconds from 3 sec duration.

I don’t know how I feel about removing the evade on Burning Speed though.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

THIS ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE!

Ermmm Turret engi from the past says Hi…but yeah eles do need to be nerfed, just saying that there were and there will be other godlike specs.

IKR….turret engies from not long ago were the faceroll/AFK class

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

there’s no point in playing the game until d/d eles and mesmers are nerfed. I actually picked up on this over a month ago in the top mmr bracket when all the esport kiddies started spamming their mesmers and eles. i decided to just take a break from the game. it was all mesmers and eles, played by very good players mind you so it’s not like we can armchair philosophize about “countering” these broken specs. pvp is pretty dumb right now and ive stopped hoping. still no balance patch since the spec revamp, ayy lmao. just play other games.

the main two problems:
1) amount of burn spam available to the ele
2) invis uptime too high for mesmers

I don’t care about Mesmer’s burst, and I don’t care about the ele’s tankiness. but these specs shouldn’t have access to survivability, CC, sustain and insane damage.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Cynz.9437

cough wts cough….

Yeah yeah abj rotated better i know….considering how easy it is while you have 2 ppl being able to 1v2 for ages, try to get one less totally reterded spec and you won’t see all those good rotations anymore

aka everyone rotates good when you’re already “outnumbering” other teams with that crap (Meaning that for killing each ele you pretty much always gonna need 2 ppl and unlike bunker guard you can’t even try to pressure them 1v1 cause they’re just gonna destroy you on point)

Sad thing is that the only real counter to double ele comps is to run double ele too….and this is NOT what i call balance, but looks like anet has a different opinion than me…

tripple ele actually…<_<

All is Vain~

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

cele ele performs so well because ele can take advantage of all the cele stats in the same build, whereas most other professions can only benefit from certain stats in a build. thus ele can take advantage of the stat bonus of cele more effectively.

it has become more obvious, now that cele builds for other professions have died out (warrior and engi, perfect examples), yet ele can still leverage cele stats for maximum effectiveness.

the solution involves increasing build diversity so that other professions can take better advantage of cele stats, rather than nerfing ele.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

philheat.3956

the solution involves increasing build diversity so that other professions can take better advantage of cele stats, rather than nerfing ele.

Lol, no thx.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

cele ele performs so well because ele can take advantage of all the cele stats in the same build, whereas most other professions can only benefit from certain stats in a build. thus ele can take advantage of the stat bonus of cele more effectively.

it has become more obvious, now that cele builds for other professions have died out (warrior and engi, perfect examples), yet ele can still leverage cele stats for maximum effectiveness.

A big No!
The builds that historically utilizes cele stats well are all painful to fight and are borderline OP.

What we should aim at is that certain build can only do limited amount of things, not everything.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

- Something with condition removal of Water. Not real sure how to handle it without killing it though. Needs some reduction.

In relation to this, it could be worth to consider nerfing Soothing Disruption.
-Reduce regeneration to 3 seconds from 6.
-Reduce vigor to 3 seconds from 6.

Alerie Despins

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

A big No!
The builds that historically utilizes cele stats well are all painful to fight and are borderline OP.

What we should aim at is that certain build can only do limited amount of things, not everything.

Yeah…I hate burst specs and fighting them, but everyone having a cele build would just make this game boring. Really, would it be so bad if things were just built like they are in PvE and WvW where you can mix and match armor? I’m sincerely asking because I mainly do WvW and PvE and rarely do PvP because the builds for it are so limited in scope.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Please stop whining about guards and that their burning shouldn’t be nerfed. If you can burst just as hard with 1 offensive stat as you would with 3 offensive stats and near zero defensive, there is something wrong.
Despite popular opinion conditions have fewer counterplay than power.
Burning needs a change, no argument.
Either rediculous burning skills need to apply fewer stacks, or burning itself needs toning down, i vote for the first one.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

there’s no point in playing the game until d/d eles and mesmers are nerfed. I actually picked up on this over a month ago in the top mmr bracket when all the esport kiddies started spamming their mesmers and eles. i decided to just take a break from the game. it was all mesmers and eles, played by very good players mind you so it’s not like we can armchair philosophize about “countering” these broken specs. pvp is pretty dumb right now and ive stopped hoping. still no balance patch since the spec revamp, ayy lmao. just play other games.

the main two problems:
1) amount of burn spam available to the ele
2) invis uptime too high for mesmers

I don’t care about Mesmer’s burst, and I don’t care about the ele’s tankiness. but these specs shouldn’t have access to survivability, CC, sustain and insane damage.

Honestly i don’t think invis is the problem, mesmers just tend to have too mich defense for their high burst, their distortion allows for a whole 2 burst combos while being completely without restriction while doing it, there is very limited counterplay beyond dodge.
Their burst is just too safe when you consider invis + distortion + mobility.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

they release “balance” patches once an year, so, grab your op spec and profit

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I think I liked Turret Engi’s rein much better than the celeddele’s in pvp

anyway who cares, I have saved meself the frustration and headache by playing sumthin else like catching up on Witcher

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Ele Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The Ele is seriously just spamming abilities and LOSing when low on HP. It is kitten build and it needs to be nuked out of the game. Tanking 2-3 people on point and forcing every team to have at least 1 DD Cele is the bane of this game that is soon to have 9 classes.