How do you feel about damage/sustain of ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Well, not really, but title will annoy lots of people and that is fun.
Feels like ele deals more damage, but have less sustain while dealing damage.
Didn’t tried ele myself. How you feel about damage/sustain of ele?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Probably they do more damage since they can’t run anymore cleric so they are going for more offensive amulets.
But you can just leftclick on them to instakill them

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Thief sneezed, had to respawn.

Bristleback looked at me, had to run off point.

Now burning people with fire aura spam on Sage amulet because people don’t have allies to cleanse conditions anymore.

All hail the condition meta.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Didn’t try ele myself. “Feels like”…. I just love when Anet listens to their forums.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Ele will do tons of damage but get deleted faster than even thieves. Not sure it’s viable yet, but we’ll see.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele will do tons of damage but get deleted faster than even thieves. Not sure it’s viable yet, but we’ll see.

Yea, without the avoidance mechanics of thief, damage that requires a larger windup, and less mobility, why would you ever play a glass ele over a thief, mesmer, or revenant?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

What makes you think they’ll do tons of damage? They haven’t done it in this meta eer and even got damage nerfs. Of course it’s not gonna be viable, otherwise it would have been viable up to this point.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

What makes you think they’ll do tons of damage? They haven’t done it in this meta eer and even got damage nerfs. Of course it’s not gonna be viable, otherwise it would have been viable up to this point.

Glass damage ele always did tons of damage. They just weren’t common because you looked at it and it died. :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When the game was released, for a year the elementalist was actually viable with a berserker amulet, there was so much variety. Now look how far down the class has gone. There is no variety left, Anet eliminated all of it. It’s just a class where you wonder what is the only viable build that everyone that plays it runs.

I think it’s a complicated class to play and balance, and Anet balance team just has no clue what must be done. They balance the class only according to the one viable build everyone runs instead of fixing all the core issues that have destroyed variety.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Glass damage ele always did tons of damage. They just weren’t common because you looked at it and it died. :P

Maybe they were unhappy that not enough people take “downed” damage traits? Its going to be a staple if you play ele. They should probably buff it to also reduce your respawn timer in pvp…you are going to be watching that number a LOT!

They balance the class only according to the one viable build everyone runs instead of fixing all the core issues that have destroyed variety.

I guess that got too hard so they just deleted that build too!! What talented design work!!!

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

I mean check this out:
We’ve been asking for Lava font to tick as soon as it is down because it is unreliable. It’s something we asked for 2-3 years!

What did Anet do? They ignore 2-3 years of requests and nerf a skill nobody ever complained about.

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

I mean check this out:
We’ve been asking for Lava font to tick as soon as it is down because it is unreliable. It’s something we asked for 2-3 years!

What did Anet do? They ignore 2-3 years of requests and nerf a skill nobody ever complained about.

Good news! Now flamestrike has like a miniature, added lavafont, that also never hits!! What buffs! Such Power! Much WOW!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Because a full-zerk ele can do 35k dps (with much of it also being aoe), but has the sustain of crepe paper in a hurricane. Whereas previously, the bunker spec did ~6k dps (low but not horribly low compared to herald/guard/druid) but had way too much sustain (unkillable unless +2’d).

Since their bunker spec is no longer valid, you’ll see them either opting for a balanced spec with too-low dps for their modest sustain (which is probably the intent) and be in the same position DH’s were for all of season 3 (melting scrubs in unranked and not viable for diamond+), or you’ll see them go full glass-cannon (which is probably what’ll actually happen) and be in the situation thieves were in season 3 (melting scrubs in unranked and having situational utility in diamond+).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Yea, without the avoidance mechanics of thief, damage that requires a larger windup, and less mobility, why would you ever play a glass ele over a thief, mesmer, or revenant?

Since heals from Ele are not a thing anymore, you could had DPS AOE burst Meditations guard a new thing.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Since heals from Ele are not a thing anymore, you could had DPS AOE burst Meditations guard a new thing.

Medi guard works (or has) b/c it has a lot of hard mitigation mechanics in the form of blocks, aegis, and invulns to go along with the high dps.

Ele can go invuln for 4s every 50s (40s traited), mistform once every 75s (but not do any damage or get additional benefits like renewed focus, and block 3 attacks one time every 60s. So even though the dps is similar, there is less passive AND active mitigation for an ele, so why even consider it over guard?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Ele pvp is dead.

Without any changes to surviablity, nerfs and removal of cleric amulet that was MUST for staying alive as pvp elementalist → simply put class is dead.

And also NO balance changes to composite for changes.

Why we are writing here anything an try to give some balance/change ideas for devs…it’s depressing waste of time….

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Jourdelune.7456

“So even though the dps is similar, there is less passive AND active mitigation for an ele, so why even consider it over guard?”

You got me backward.

“why would you ever play a glass ele over a thief, mesmer, or revenant?”

Don’t forget meditation dps guardian. Their counter META build is now Deleted.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in Elementalist

Jourdelune.7456

Ele pvp is dead.

Without any changes to surviablity, nerfs and removal of cleric amulet that was MUST for staying alive as pvp elementalist -> simply put class is dead.

Why we are writing here anything an try to give some balance/change ideas for devs…it’s depressing waste of time….

Don’t despair.

I got nerf on all those META for support bunker:

1- Bunker Guard
2- dd ele
3- Shoutbow warrior
4- Mesmer bunker
5- Tempest shouts ele

We will still find a viable meta build to support the team fights. But now, all build that can’t heal/cleanses themselves would be unviable.

Power Revenant / thieves would be the biggest losers in team fight (or all power dps builds) because they rely on their bunker support to keep them alive.

It become harder now. All viable support bunker amulet got DELETED.

So, time to work your own conditions builds.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Ele pvp is dead.

Without any changes to surviablity, nerfs and removal of cleric amulet that was MUST for staying alive as pvp elementalist -> simply put class is dead.

Don’t despair.

1- Bunker Guard
2- dd ele
3- Shoutbow warrior
4- Mesmer bunker
5- Tempest shouts ele

We will still find a viable meta build to support the team fights. But now, all build that can’t heal/cleanses themselves would be unviable.

Power Revenant / thieves would be the biggest losers in team fight (or all power dps builds) because they rely on their bunker support to keep them alive.

It’s not despair.

When class can’t sustain on any amulet no matter if it will fight with meta/non build it’s removed from pvp. I don’t care about pseudo bunkering – i wanted working dps build and this patch has only NERFS.

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Ele pvp is dead.

Don’t despair.

1- Bunker Guard
2- dd ele
3- Shoutbow warrior
4- Mesmer bunker
5- Tempest shouts ele

It’s not despair.

When class can’t sustain on any amulet no matter if it will fight with meta/non build it’s removed from pvp. I don’t care about pseudo bunkering – i wanted working dps build and this patch has only NERFS.

You wanted to be full-bunker AND do decent or better DPS?

And that’s why ele got nerfed hard.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

Clarifcation

By don’t care i mean – i didn’t wanted to play bunker build but viable DPS build. I hated auramancer clerick D/F in solo q

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

It’s not despair.

You wanted to be full-bunker AND do decent or better DPS?

And that’s why ele got nerfed hard.

I think you misunderstood. He (and many eles) want a viable DPS build – a build that has defensive mechanics that allow it to do dps, but not be based on heavy-defense sustain. This could mean a bruiser build (like scrapper/zerker) or a burst build (like a rev or thief) – all of these builds are primarly offensive, with high damage and many active defenses.

Eles actually got access to LESS active defense (thanks to lower CD reduction in earth focus) and less damage in any offensive build – ones that weren’t viable before. If you have a build that can’t compete with others AND gets nerfed, it isn’t going to be magically become viable!

in Elementalist

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Don’t know bout you guys but Anet took 3+ years to save pet’s names.

This patch is utter trash. 4 mos for that?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Dramatic much?

Have you even tried out what the patch has to offer? What are you looking for in a patch that wouldn’t make it “utter trash”?

NSPride <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Dramatic much?

Have you even tried out what the patch has to offer? What are you looking for in a patch that wouldn’t make it “utter trash”?

Uhmm. buff to diversity?

SB = Trash
Spirits = Trash
Traps = Trash
Core Traits = Most are subpar
Core Pets = Still can’t hit moving targets.

What do they do, Buff Moa And Pigs? Who uses those? Those changes on those 2 pets are 10 of em.

Imagine those 10 being allocated to where they are needed.

You wanna know what the patch is supposed to be like?

Mesmers = No more reliance on Inspiration, Give more power options, give clears on other lines or weapons
Rangers = Fixed Pet AIs, Rework core ranger stuff, etc, Pet Freedom on skills, Rework Spirits
Warriors = No more reliance on Discipline, , Skull grind condi nerf
Necromancer = No more reliance on soul Reaping
Elementalist = More build diversity, made changes on damage like scepter and dagger to open up power builds. Upped HP.

etc.

Cmon, 4 mos for unnecessary tweaks? (which a lot of em are).

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

If there wasn’t another viable build without clerics in the previous meta, and most classes got buffs and ele got its only viable amulet removed. The only place in the meta will be doing a role worse than another meta build. Eles are first to fall out of a viable meta build, it’s unfortunate since the FINALLY got every class to have one.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

no!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Didn’t try ele myself. “Feels like”…. I just love when Anet listens to their forums.

Especially when it’s a player with 6 months experience who doesn’t even know what the class’ mechanics are and demands nerfs because he’s too lazy to learn about its rotations.

Eles won’t even be dealing damage because non-bunker builds will drop like flies now that their baseline heals were nerfed and are now even more useless to builds without healing power.

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

This explains why?

Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Everything cant be op. If condi chrono is op elementalist is op condition warrior is op, herald revanant is op, and druid is op then all I can do is quote Syndrome from the incredibles: “…When everyone’s super noone will be.”

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Whoever says they deal more damage… I didn’t see any damage increases in the patch.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Whaaaattttt… are you guys crazy???

Elementalists got the huge 33% buff to Flamestrike damage against stationary targets!

And what about that huge buff to Arcane Shield, it be so OP to mitigate damage now, every minute you now are able to block 3 full attacks (provided the enemy doesn’t have one of the many unblockable skills!)

Or the huge buff to Tornado! Hey now that skill is still useless – like all other Elites – but with added uselesness!

Who cares about the fact that there were nerfs to overall sustain and a huge nerf to CD reduction and damage across the board affecting builds ranging from Staff Tempest, Fresh Air builds, etc etc.

Build diversity is overrated! In fact playing ele is overrated.

Take it as a challenge, next time you can say to your opponent – Geez you lost to an ele! Git Good!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Take it as a challenge, next time you can say to your opponent – Geez you lost to an ele! Git Good!

I’m always saving that one when the 1v1 is won. L2P

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

ANY class where you are forced into using a “cookie cutter” build in order to even compete needs attention. Sure, are there good players out there playing an Elementalist? Absolutely! But this doesn’t mean that the class itself is good. Those same good players could be doing well on any class. Why have all of the different elements available if they are too weak to use and cycle through? Why force people into using only one build and weapon choice? I have played through all of the classes and the Elementalist was by far the most disappointing even though I had high hopes. It seems very interesting until you actually play it and then realize youre only going to be using the same certain skills. I don’t see it getting fixed anytime soon, so i guess it will just be the last of the mohicans who play it from here on out. I see most players switching to another main or starting a new character. Not sure what else to say here, as much of the chat in game shows most people unhappy with Elementalist. I would think that would have been enough for them to realize they are laughed at…a joke…

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

ANY class where you are forced into using a “cookie cutter” build in order to even compete needs attention. Sure, are there good players out there playing an Elementalist? Absolutely! But this doesn’t mean that the class itself is good. Those same good players could be doing well on any class. Why have all of the different elements available if they are too weak to use and cycle through? Why force people into using only one build and weapon choice? I have played through all of the classes and the Elementalist was by far the most disappointing even though I had high hopes. It seems very interesting until you actually play it and then realize youre only going to be using the same certain skills. I don’t see it getting fixed anytime soon, so i guess it will just be the last of the mohicans who play it from here on out. I see most players switching to another main or starting a new character. Not sure what else to say here, as much of the chat in game shows most people unhappy with Elementalist. I would think that would have been enough for them to realize they are laughed at…a joke…

It was the most interesting class at launch, they just consistently destroyed it little by little and now it’s at the bottom of the list.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Learn how to play glass in a bunker meta and stop QQing. As a thief I can give you some suggestions.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Learn how to play glass in a bunker meta and stop QQing. As a thief I can give you some suggestions.

Step 1: reroll to litterally any other class

Step 2: Take 5 minutes to read tool tips, and reach a higher level then you would after hours of trying to figure out how to make a glassy ele work.

Thief has the tools to thrive playing glass against other glassy builds, ele doesn’t. It has both the most telegraphed attacks, and the worst natural survivability of all classes which is a terrible combination for burst.

For the record I play every class and despite my ele having roughly 40% of my total matches it is my worst class right now because it is just weak.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Nah my Ele build is still fine after this patch, until they remove carrion Amulet that is anyway…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Maybe it would work if if Eles had stealth or mobility like thieves have.. lol.

IF eles had better CDs on active mitigation it would work. But hey, I’d love a viable glass build that would melt if I actually screw up but the current mitagation eles have are not good enough to play on low hp and armor.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

IF eles had better CDs on active mitigation it would work. But hey, I’d love a viable glass build that would melt if I actually screw up but the current mitagation eles have are not good enough to play on low hp and armor.

Hey, you can block 3 attacks every 60 seconds now, or 48s traited. Let’s ask engineers how glassy they can go while having access to a 13.75s CD 3s block ontop of other good hard-mitigation defensive utilities? Still not viable? Probably has no bearing on ele viability…move along here….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

My build is as you ask, pm me in game if you want any info. Just played a handful of games and I am seeing nothing changed for my build since before this patch.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Soldier rune with menders amulet- the fix for the qqs
Dmg ele was my fav anyways

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

We won’t know until we actually play against decent players, not in unranked. Hell, Elemental Bastion doesn’t even heal allies as of now rofl.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Nice thing about playing multiple classes is if one class ends up being sheist, you can just drop it and play another. I just won’t play ele anymore. Not that big of a deal. Just drop the class and play something else.