Ele downed mist form

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Ryner.6895

Ryner.6895

Never up ever to used in time. Thiefs and mesmers and guardians jump all around the place, knock you down when down. ele’s just lie there saying come stab me now.

Please add in pve pk. Ty xoxoxoxo
ET – Heavens Blades

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Sezu.8564

Sezu.8564

Shhh. Stop giving people ideas. If they fix the ele downed state you’ll have no one left to rally your whole downed team!

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

When used, mist form is the best down skill. Have a teammate interrupt the stomper once. Oh wait, you play it like a solo game, never mind. BUFF TEH ELEZ!

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence, but the 6 piece bonus of the vampiric (I think) set, is also becoming a mist when reaching 10% health… and it’s also not working.

Since it doesn’t work, I can’t compare if it really is the same. But I think there’s some game mechanic having issues with something.

As for timers during downed state: I think some have it too easy, and some have to be lucky the stomper is doing something else first…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Yeah, the CD on it is too much. And compared to thieves and mesmers, it is meager, since you are visible and travel slowly.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Haku.5068

Haku.5068

When used, mist form is the best down skill. Have a teammate interrupt the stomper once. Oh wait, you play it like a solo game, never mind. BUFF TEH ELEZ!

THIS +1. This isn’t a solo game.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Ryner.6895

I’m sure it’s not a coincidence, but the 6 piece bonus of the vampiric (I think) set, is also becoming a mist when reaching 10% health… and it’s also not working.

Since it doesn’t work, I can’t compare if it really is the same. But I think there’s some game mechanic having issues with something.

As for timers during downed state: I think some have it too easy, and some have to be lucky the stomper is doing something else first…

Well, what I am saying is that the initial cd on mist is just way too long right now and if you have someone about to cap you as soon as you are down there no way to escape but in the case of the other classes, they get to push you away or teleport around in a few seconds after being downed. I just feel like the initial cd needs to be reduced like maybe 2 sec or so( i think its 7s now) and you can actually get to use it once in a while on time. I don’t care if they even reduced the mist linger time by 1 sec or so to compensate for faster use of the skill. Also even worse is the skill says you are supposed to invulnerable and you still take full fall damage and condition damage if you have any on you, I don’t know if this is intentional or a bug.

ET – Heavens Blades

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

as an engineer I can interrupt the first stomp by pulling them, even if they are on top of me… it interrupts.

But for the second stomp attempt, I need them to go drink a cuppa before trying again, because no way the explosion #3 is ready before the second stomp.
But at least there is that one interrupt, and if the stomper is slightly distracted by your team, than you get the explosion too.

Not ideal, but good enough for a team effort.

I often find stomping on others a tedious and prolonged effort… some escapes seem truely better than others.
I think, stress: THINK, engineers are in a good spot.
Didn’t like it at first, till I discovered the pull actually interrupts even if they’re close

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Sezu.8564

LOL at all the people saying “This isn’t a solo game. L2P”

Being a team oriented game doesn’t justify eles being a free stomp upon down when literally all other professions (except ranger, I think?) aren’t. It has nothing to do with being a team game.

What a joke.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Irascible.8210

Irascible.8210

LOL at all the people saying “This isn’t a solo game. L2P”

Being a team oriented game doesn’t justify eles being a free stomp upon down when literally all other professions (except ranger, I think?) aren’t. It has nothing to do with being a team game.

What a joke.

So you want every class to be the same and have all the same advantages, abilities, and capabilities? Why, yes, I guess it would be balanced if everyone were exactly kittening the same. Maybe stop blowing off the “L2P” people and actually consider that you might need to see this in a different light. Just assume for one second that you don’t know everything.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Sezu.8564

So you want every class to be the same and have all the same advantages, abilities, and capabilities? Why, yes, I guess it would be balanced if everyone were exactly kittening the same. Maybe stop blowing off the “L2P” people and actually consider that you might need to see this in a different light. Just assume for one second that you don’t know everything.

LOL? You can’t be serious right now. Finishing people off, reviving, and rallying are such HUGE aspects of the meta right now. There’s no denying it. Eles currently have a handicap on this aspect of the game. Comparitively, this is like a basketball player only being allowed to play with 1 hand.

I didn’t ask for everyone to be exactly the same either durp. Nice assumption.

Edit – inb4 hurr durr the problem isn’t the problem, the person is the problem.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Irascible.8210

Irascible.8210

LOL? You can’t be serious right now. Finishing people off, reviving, and rallying are such HUGE aspects of the meta right now. There’s no denying it. Eles currently have a handicap on this aspect of the game. Comparitively, this is like a basketball player only being allowed to play with 1 hand.

I didn’t ask for everyone to be exactly the same either durp. Nice assumption.

Edit – inb4 hurr durr the problem isn’t the problem, the person is the problem.

It’s an interesting mechanic that can actually be advantageous.

“Just assume for one second that you don’t know everything.”

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

I think others should just get a nerf. I hate the downed state in general. I don’t know how good it is for tournaments, but it’s really annoying for sPVP. It takes a lot of time off and some classes are far better at surviving through it than others. It also encourages zerging because a large amount of people in a close group means more rallys and easier revives.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Sezu.8564

It’s an interesting mechanic that can actually be advantageous.

“Just assume for one second that you don’t know everything.”

You’re being incredibly hypocritical and ignoring (or oblivious to) the facts at hand. What are you even implying when you say it’s an interesting mechanic? The downed state? Rallying? Reviving? Sure, it’s a big part of the game, but you’re trying to fool yourself by saying there’s some kind of strategic advantage to it when there isn’t at all.

In actuality, the only “advantageous” thing about the ele downed state is NOT playing an ele to begin with. You sir, are a fool.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

i have to agree on this one.
my elementalist alt is just lvl26 but he has by far the worst downed-2 skill.
actually, if you swap no3 with no2 it would be kinda useful then.
u run away, then channel the slow.
why channel a slow when the guy is next to me? lolz.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

“We do have some improvements in mind for the elementalist’s main-hand dagger, along with reworking the downed state a bit. Keep in mind that you might not see this for a bit, but it is in the works.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Some-improvements-I-d-like-to-see-to-D-D-Ele/first#post361688

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Ryner.6895

“We do have some improvements in mind for the elementalist’s main-hand dagger, along with reworking the downed state a bit. Keep in mind that you might not see this for a bit, but it is in the works.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Some-improvements-I-d-like-to-see-to-D-D-Ele/first#post361688

I see, just gotta wait and see what they change now.

ET – Heavens Blades

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Seragi.5910

Seragi.5910

I love all the people who complain about elementalist downed abilities, omg were free kill waiting to happen… thiefs and mesmers have awseme downed abilities. It also doesnt take an army of 3+ people to kill a thief or a mesmer. I could only immagine a bunker healing spec ele having even 1 good downed ability giving a teamate time to res them only to have them use a “weapon ability” to bring them back to full health.

How about we make a trade u can have my thiefs stealth on downed and you give me ur 5k heal on 20s cd i think thats fair,

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: rekina.6078

rekina.6078

I love all the people who complain about elementalist downed abilities, omg were free kill waiting to happen… thiefs and mesmers have awseme downed abilities. It also doesnt take an army of 3+ people to kill a thief or a mesmer. I could only immagine a bunker healing spec ele having even 1 good downed ability giving a teamate time to res them only to have them use a “weapon ability” to bring them back to full health.

How about we make a trade u can have my thiefs stealth on downed and you give me ur 5k heal on 20s cd i think thats fair,

Are you nuts? Why are you asking us to give you normal state skills and giving us downed state skill? I will give you my heals then you give me the shadow refuge and stealth heals and other stealth stuffs that guarantee you to escape from almost all situations. Deal?

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

If you are lucky enough to avoid getting finished in time to actually fire off downed mist form, all you have done is bought your self another 3 seconds. During this 3 seconds, you are not dealing damage or being resurrected, because mist form interrupts everything, even team resses.

What I would like to see is Mist Form replaced with some form of Spirit travel, where the enemy cannot see you for the 3 seconds, but your teamates can. This way, if you are lucky enough (or have support), you can survive the 9 seconds to fire it off and possibly get away from combat.

I believe that Guardians have the best downed state, because not only do they interrupt everyone around them, they knock them back away from their teamates, all while allowing themselves to be resurrected. Basically, any decent player can resurrect a downed guardian.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Mist form is fine we just need a change on n2 skill, it should be an interupt or something to buy us time to use mist form…

aka Subl

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

THIS +1. This isn’t a solo game.

Unless you play any class with a functional down skill.. thief, mesmer, guardian, etc etc.

But for Elementalists.. yea, team game. Excellent point.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

The problema with Mist form ( downed state ) is that is a “insta ress – insta death” skill. Each time you use it, the system “think” that you die again and put you a mark.
So, if you use it 2 or 3 times you’ll insta die.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

The problema with Mist form ( downed state ) is that is a “insta ress – insta death” skill. Each time you use it, the system “think” that you die again and put you a mark.
So, if you use it 2 or 3 times you’ll insta die.

^this.

Not only is vapor form only marginally useful as a stomp-interrupter due to the long cooldown before being able to use it the first time, but if you DO get it off, it counts as a 2nd down state and hurts you.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

It also increases your repair bills.
Really hope this is a bug, but I had the rare occasion of getting Mist Form off earlier before the mob just following me.
This led to repairs just short of 4S

:$

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Give elementalists Ride The Lightning as downed state skill too.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Papyrus.5276

Papyrus.5276

You know when a downed state is bad when you can actually kill yourself by pressing a button. (I’m referring to mist form resetting your downed counter until you die after repeated usage) So with this in mind, a simple CD reduction on mist form alone isn’t sufficient, it shouldn’t be counted as an additional downed event. Because otherwise we would be suiciding that much more often with reduced CD.
Like, seriously, activating mist form to avoid a stomp just to DIE right after because of it should NEVER occur. Ridiculous.
PS: And that isn’t even the biggest problem, which is not being able to interrupt the stomp in the first place 99% of the time…

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Hahaha^^ that would be pretty epic! Immagine…1s before dieing I rtl away..I get downed and before being stomped I rtl again..hahaha

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

I would swap that for the snare any day. Seriously, what good is a snare when melee are going to be right on you already and ranged couldn’t care less. I often wonder just what they were thinking when they designed the abilities. Sure, Mist Form is good, but only if you can survive long enough to actually use it.

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

The only use for mist form is “jumping” off a cliff to delay the enemy zerg a bit, for those who really try to follow you =P

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Derpnoob.2875

Derpnoob.2875

Maybe they should nerf all the other classes down state as it is quite annoying in pvp, no knock downs maybe just a decent damaging skill on slot 2 for a last chance and keep #3 skills just my opinion

Derp

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Ryner.6895

The only use for mist form is “jumping” off a cliff to delay the enemy zerg a bit, for those who really try to follow you =P

You still take fall damage while in mistform, its just a suicide.

ET – Heavens Blades

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Chocolate.1487

Chocolate.1487

-as far as pvp goes, i play all classes but not ele. i USED to play ele, but it’s the bottom feeder of pvp,only viable build is the tank staff support, and that isn’t fun more than a few hours.
Before even considering downed skills, i have never seen an ele in sPvP and not laughed,in team fights or 1v1 they’re the creme de la creme of easy kill no matter what you play. Even a extremely skilled ele doesn’t stand a chance vs decent anything all they can do is heal and run and heal and run then ride the lightning out.
-OH, and then you look at downed state, someone said mele will auto stomp, well so will ranged lol, i have never seen any ele have time to root even a ranged since they’ll dodge to your face instantly and BB.
-i’m talking out of experience playing the class and against the class.(was my main,until i found out how far ahead every other class/build is).
-no i don’t are if they fix them or not i don’t play it and won’t.(not until i c viable downed and viable not downed states/start with more than 5base hp)

Ele downed mist form

in PvP

Posted by: Zatria.5783

Zatria.5783

The problem is getting to use it. You say have a teammate stop doing what he is doing, to come over and time an interrupt to just give you a chance to float a way for a few seconds.

You’re right. This is a team game. And requiring what you suggest provides just one more deterrence from having an Ele on your team.