Ele full dps\bunker needs to be addessed

in PvP

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Elementalist is just a class that can outperform any rol given at any point during combat just swapping attunement as other classes swap weapons.

That not fair or even balanced as the ele can became a full dps dealer and 10 seconds later a full bunker.

My idea could be for the Elementalist could be locked into one attunnement while in combat so they can’t face rol,the keyboard and still be carried by the class mechanics. In exchange it could get the weapon swap with one attunement associated to each weapon set.

Discuss.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

i give this post 10/10

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

i give this post 10/10

same

in PvP

Posted by: Aveigel.2601

Aveigel.2601

you would have been better off suggesting a 9 second cooldown for element swap, same as weapon swap…with weapon swap rune affecting time reduction for element swap same as weapon…than this suggestion….

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Is this a meme? DH now this?

Nerf necro. Too many condis and way too much HP. JK obviously.

Ele’s skills are similar to one another. Some are useless. Some are good. But eles have very low HP, no stealth, two invulns (one of them is a utility that has a long CD) and a few other things.

The beauty of elementalists is how versatile they are. The thing is, they’re easy to read. When you memorize all of their skills, you can counter them appropriately. Often times, attunements won’t be finished with their CD, and with what HP remains, you’re trying to survive.

They aren’t the best at DPS, but they have a ton of restorative options.

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hey man its our trait in tempest called Elemental Bling. It allows us to change amulets mid combat so most eles will have menders on and switch to marauders every 9seconds or so. I agree its completely broken

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Hey man its our trait in tempest called Elemental Bling. It allows us to change amulets mid combat so most eles will have menders on and switch to marauders every 9seconds or so. I agree its completely broken

I know right? XD Bunker and DPS isn’t a thing, unless you’re talking about Air Overload which has a fairly long CD.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

10/10 would read again.

in PvP

Aveigel.2601

omg…I never looked up that trait! I missed something big! hahaha

in PvP

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

I shoud have used elemental bling durinh my placement matches. How could i ever forget about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Devs should do something about this! I am still getting those 10000000000000000000000000000000 damage hits with shaterstone on scrappers….pure scrappers…..

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Love you

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

Elementalist is just a class that can outperform any rol given at any point during combat just swapping attunement as other classes swap weapons.

That not fair or even balanced as the ele can became a full dps dealer and 10 seconds later a full bunker.

My idea could be for the Elementalist could be locked into one attunnement while in combat so they can’t face rol,the keyboard and still be carried by the class mechanics. In exchange it could get the weapon swap with one attunement associated to each weapon set.

Discuss.

Are U speaking seriously?? LOL

Did U (at least) try to play Ele before post this? o.O

In the past, the old celestial DD Elementalist was able to do everything with one amulet…. but that time is gone, and ele is not OP anymore…. if U take your time and learn about the class, U could see that is really predictable with a gameplay based on rotations, so, PLEASE! learn something about the class that U want to complain about before post anything.

(edited by ApaWanka.2698)

in PvP

Aveigel.2601

don’t be too harsh on the relatively new to ranked pvp guy…He probably fought those same build eles before but since it was only for his dailies, didn’t care about losing that much. Now that there is more on the line, not only him but everyone wants to win and are now somewhat more observant of how some things work.

Of course that doesn’t go hand in hand with inquiring about how thing DO work…

Now if you’re a little curious, on it all go to metabattle and take a look at some sample builds and how their rotations work and why this or that skill is used and then try to add those puzzle pieces to tweak how you play. That’s really what pvp is about.

Team decision making and rotation apart:

• A decent player knows his class.
  • A great player also knows the other’s, and learned to play in accordance to that.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Real problem of elementalist is that elementalist can swap traits and amulet realtime during matches but nobody told you that. It is elementalist mechanic : god mode

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Discuss.

Here’s my discussion: they have a nice little distinctive icon that tells you what attunement they’re in. Don’t spike them with physical damage while they’re in earth, dont try to interrupt earth overload, don’t spike them with condi damage in water (unless you’re going to interrupt their water overload, which I highly recommend). Eles die to well-timed spikes, just like DH. They are not squishy all the time like they seem, only at the proper moment

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

lel, can we nerf the druid full dps/bunker while were at making stupid suggestions too? also bristleback does too much damage, can we make it so Druids use 1 pet while in combat?

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

You must keep in mind there is completely no balance in pvp, so any suggestion regarding profession changes doesn’t make any sense in my opinion. This again is problem that was present in many different mmos, mostly wow and WAR!, where you couldn’t nerf classes in pvp without it affecting pve.

If you lock ele’s attunment you basically strip him of his game mechanic. I do agree they can be op in certain situation but when that happens it’s mostly fault of kittenty team composition.

What should be done is improved matchmaking system. 2 guardians, 2 warriors and necro is nowhere close to thief, 3 rangers and don’t remember what 5th guy was, it happened to me playing on my warrior, we steamrolled the enemy and basically camped their spawn point for the rest of the match.

I imagine they could also come to a conclusion warrior/guardian/necro is op.

in PvP

Posted by: Alec B.8905

Alec B.8905

just an engi passing…no hate here…engi still sucks

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I used to love playing ele, but now skill level is so low that you can just memorize what buttons to push and play with your eyes closed. I agree that ele sustain needs a nerf but it also needs a bloody viable damage build that can be viable in spvp. S/F fresh air was hard but good before HoT.

By the way OP, if you think ele needs a nerf, play consecutively 10 matches with it. You will come here and complain the lack of a dps build.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Only reason ele is good is protection. Too bad boon hate isnt meta huh.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I think ele healing should be cut in half and as other said they need more DPS so buff flamestrike by 5% and dust devil by 20%

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

There is a clear ignorance of how elementalist works throughout this thread. Elementalist needs its attunement swaps, that’s how the class was made. It’s like stripping mesmer of her illusions or thief of its steal. It. Makes. No. Sense. If you think bunk ele does too much damage, maybe you need to learn how to beat it. If anything, ele needs a damage buff! Most of ele is unviable in the current meta scene and the parts that are viable are intensely boring and reliant on trustworthy team members.

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

I think ele healing should be cut in half and as other said they need more DPS so buff flamestrike by 5% and dust devil by 20%

That is comically ridiculous. All healing ele can produce should be nerfed by 50%? And a 5% buff on damage in fire scepter auto attack and a 20% damage buff on earth scepter 3? That’s a tiny start that would get us nowhere at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Support ele deals like 0 dmg, even to my thief -_-

Once again, issue is not one class, it is class stacking.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I don’t even know what to say.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

That is comically ridiculous. All healing ele can produce should be nerfed by 50%? And a 5% buff on damage in fire scepter auto attack and a 20% damage buff on earth scepter 3? That’s a tiny start that would get us nowhere at all.

You are right, this is absolutely absurd. With that kind of nerf, they need to AT LEAST compensate with another stack of vulnerabilty on the almight shatterstone!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You are right, this is absolutely absurd. With that kind of nerf, they need to AT LEAST compensate with another stack of vulnerabilty on the almight shatterstone!!!

I think they’re saving that for our next elite spec, the shatterstoner. It will add 2 more stacks of vuln on shatterstone and increase the damage by 5%.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Thankfully someone got it, figured saying buff shatterstone by 5% was too obvious.

in PvP

Posted by: Balian.5314

Balian.5314

There is a clear ignorance of how elementalist works throughout this thread. Elementalist needs its attunement swaps, that’s how the class was made. It’s like stripping mesmer of her illusions or thief of its steal. It. Makes. No. Sense. If you think bunk ele does too much damage, maybe you need to learn how to beat it. If anything, ele needs a damage buff! Most of ele is unviable in the current meta scene and the parts that are viable are intensely boring and reliant on trustworthy team members.

Tsk tsk! How ironic!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Celestial-Avatar-needs-a-nerf

;P

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

probably best trait name EVAH. Thanks for the lolz!