Ele in Dev live stream scrimages

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

For this reason, let me propose a simple solution immediately: Double the number of sigil slots for single wielding professions. An elementalist’s staff should slot 4 unique sigils; an engineer’s pistol should slot 2 unique sigils; and so on.

4-sigil Engineers are going to be unstoppable. Just sayin’.

in PvP

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Thanks wholeheartedly from the ele community, Tyler. Just please don’t mess any of our existing setups up with these changes.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

For this reason, let me propose a simple solution immediately: Double the number of sigil slots for single wielding professions. An elementalist’s staff should slot 4 unique sigils; an engineer’s pistol should slot 2 unique sigils; and so on.

4-sigil Engineers are going to be unstoppable. Just sayin’.

Engi’s only get one weapon…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Most sigils will still have their same internal cooldown(all on swaps will). So technically it’s not double efficiency for warriors however, it depends how you look at it I suppose.

Actually, that’s not the issue (unless I misunderstood). There will exist a trick that might lead to player’s “abuse”. Take a look at this:

Normal Situation

• Unnamed Class has 4 on-swap sigils (2 on each weapon).
  • Unnamed Class can swap weapons each 9 seconds.
  • 2 sigils will trigger every 9 seconds.

Elementalist/ Engineer Situation

• They’ll have 2 on-swap sigils (only one weapon set).
  • On-swap sigils have a 9 second cooldown.
  • The 2 sigils will trigger every 9 seconds.

Warrior’s Broken Setup

• Warriors will be able to swap faster, like Elementalists and Engineers, however, they’ll have two weapon sets instead of one.
  • Warriors switch to Weaponset A, triggering 2 sigils and putting them under a 9s CD.
  • Warriors switch to Weaponset B 5 seconds after, triggering the remaining 2 sigils.
  • Warriors switch back to Weaponset A 5 seconds after. By this time, the two first sigils are fully recharged, and will trigger again. And so on.
  • Conclusion: 4 on-swap sigil warriors with a 5 second weapon swap will trigger sigils every 5 seconds, unlike any other profession. This gives them almost “twice” the sigil power.

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i think what Tyler is saying is that the on swap sigils will retain their current cooldowns after the update. which means if you use a sigil of strength, it will retain its non cooldown, meaning it will still proc everytime you swap attunements. if you’re using sigil of torment, however, it will retain it’s internal cooldown of 7 seconds. so it totally depends on WHICH sigils you slot on how beneficial they’ll be considering how often you can swap…

– The Baconnaire

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

What’s actually bad about the new changes to On-Swap sigils is not only that one profession can utilize them far better, it’s the fact that every other sigil will be completely obsolete.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

What’s actually bad about the new changes to On-Swap sigils is not only that one profession can utilize them far better, it’s the fact that every other sigil will be completely obsolete.

This, pretty much. Unless On-Swap sigils are massively nerfed (and I do mean on the order of, say, making them Major or Minor tier at that point), I could easily foresee combinations like Battle/Doom and Energy/Leeching, or for condi builds, Geomancy/Hydromancy and Doom/Energy. Fire or Air/Intelligence could also herald some 100-0 spikers as well.

Either the current suite of on-swap sigils are entirely revamped, or else I’m foreseeing some ridiculously OP combinations; and Warrior will be a maelstrom of all of them.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Not sad no. It feels a lot better; more fluid, more natural, no hidden rules. We will just have to pay a close attention to what happens and make any adjustments where necessary. It was an essential step towards a better future experience for players.

What kind of ratio between offence/defence is there with this double swap meta, relative to how it was? Am I going to be doing 3.8k hydro+geomancy weapon swaps on a guard or2.4-3k (I forget) on warrior? How are condi builds affected and are their condi application skills as important now?

Hydro and Geo don’t scale with power anymore. Their flat damage values are very low now.

Thanks for the heads up.. Intrested to know if this was due to it being too strong, or you guys just felt it needed to be somewhere else in terms of utility.

As warriors/thieves have the most viable direct damage builds without running energy sigils, this could affect their damage output relative to other roaming builds…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Where did you guys learn that warriors get a 5 second weapon swap? Is it due to a trait or just in general? And why 5 seconds, why not get rid of it entirely then?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Where did you guys learn that warriors get a 5 second weapon swap? Is it due to a trait or just in general? And why 5 seconds, why not get rid of it entirely then?

It’s a trait that has been there forever. It’s only a 5 point trait too I think?

in PvP

ThiBash.5634

1. Warriors switch to Weaponset A, triggering 2 sigils and putting them under a 9s CD.
  2. Warriors switch to Weaponset B 5 seconds after, triggering the remaining 2 sigils.
  3. Warriors switch back to Weaponset A 5 seconds after. By this time, the two first sigils are fully recharged, and will trigger again. And so on.
  4. Conclusion: 4 on-swap sigil warriors with a 5 second weapon swap will trigger sigils every 5 seconds, unlike any other profession. This gives them almost “twice” the sigil power.

Quoted for emphasis. This seems important! How will sigils on multi sets work? Will they share cooldown, or will some professions really get ‘4 sigils’?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in PvP

ThiBash.5634

It’s a trait that has been there forever. It’s only a 5 point trait too I think?

Really? I did not know that.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Really? I did not know that.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fast_Hands

Correction: Master Minor

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Well, at the moment I see a lot of Sigils which are completely obsolete, so the issue will always be present…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

This is good, because for the longest time i’ve been thinking how weak warriors are. They really needed some sort of boost, i’ve never heard anyone mention how strong they are ever….

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Well, at the moment I see a lot of Sigils which are completely obsolete, so the issue will always be present…

Somewhat… but, there are about 17 Sigils that see play in PvP. Its quite a lot. Out of 37. That’s not bad, with 46% of them seeing play once and a while.

After the patch, it’s just going to be ONLY the handful of on swap sigils, unless we see a big rebalancing.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Most sigils will still have their same internal cooldown(all on swaps will). So technically it’s not double efficiency for warriors however, it depends how you look at it I suppose.

Actually, that’s not the issue (unless I misunderstood). There will exist a trick that might lead to player’s “abuse”. Take a look at this:

Normal Situation

Warrior’s Broken Setup

• Warriors will be able to swap faster, like Elementalists and Engineers, however, they’ll have two weapon sets instead of one.
  • Warriors switch to Weaponset A, triggering 2 sigils and putting them under a 9s CD.
  • Warriors switch to Weaponset B 5 seconds after, triggering the remaining 2 sigils.
  • Warriors switch back to Weaponset A 5 seconds after. By this time, the two first sigils are fully recharged, and will trigger again. And so on.
  • Conclusion: 4 on-swap sigil warriors with a 5 second weapon swap will trigger sigils every 5 seconds, unlike any other profession. This gives them almost “twice” the sigil power.

Wasn’t there already a huge thread about this? And they still don’t get it?

Might I suggest someone at Anet bring up the test server and actually try this out: roll a warrior, put 4 different sigils on, trait fast hands, and swap immediately when possible. Then do the same with every other professions. Compare.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

By technically I mean that we are giving some nice changes to ele but there is so much going into that patch that trying to gauge the meta or what will be strong/too stronk/weak/too weak is just not possible right now.

I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta. The glass cannon specs seem to be unchanged but the tankier dps specs have seen substantial improvements. Enough? Arguable. At least ele will now bring the cleanse support it has needed. Will the Signet of Resto change be enough to make it super strong? Arguable, but it’s definitely a viable option now. Do you want to lose the cleanse from ether renewal? Probably not.. but dagger specs see a nice sustain boost from using RS. Additionally, our changes has brought a new role to ele and it’s one hell of a role! I’m sure plenty of people will have tons of fun messing around with what they can do on ele now.

Regardless, it’s just really hard to say where ele will stand on the tier chart in PvP with double on swap sigils coming in alone. This might over scale certain specs into godliness while bringing other classes up to par at the same time. We will have to see the implications of what a bunch of stacked up hydromancy, energy, battle, and geomancy sigils do to the tides of battles. Every single class has such drastic improvements to sustain through this that it makes glass cannon specs stand up stronger against foes, at the same time it allows full tank builds to bring out more damage while supporting their group. There is a lot more might flying around. With warrior 5 second weapon swaps, they can utilize 4 different on swap sigils as compared to what most classes can do with 2.

It’s just difficult to gauge at this point with so much happening. I really wish we could speak about what else is changing, but hopefully time flies quickly and we can deliver the news asap. Ele will however, be in a better place than it was I assure you.

Pretty terrible to keep buffing staff ele when competitive players (from eu at least) have told you they dont want it because it is just more brainless AoE.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Normal Situation

Warrior’s Broken Setup

Wasn’t there already a huge thread about this? And they still don’t get it?

Might I suggest someone at Anet bring up the test server and actually try this out: roll a warrior, put 4 different sigils on, trait fast hands, and swap immediately when possible. Then do the same with every other professions. Compare.

I made a thread on it the day they released the news about the sigils cos I knew anet hadnt even thought of it yet and knew that it would make warrior completely broken. They didnt listen and decided to just see what happens when in reality those swap buffs are huge and so warrior will be broken again. They can’t test internally because they dont have enough people to test with. No public test server is a huge issue

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

And another point is you know when everything is ineviatbly screwed after the patch and balance is terrible. Well you have to wait at least 6 months for any changes. Last proper balance patch was just after pax. The one before that was june I think (dhuumfire patch).

Only really the dhuumfire patch actually made considerable changes outside of the healing signet change which was obviously huge

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Rangers have some cool things coming too! Much needed power ranger lub! It’ll be all positive reactions right?!!

Hopefully this is enough to hold you over for now. I won’t be here for much longer but I know you guys deserve more communication regarding this patch so I’m doing what I can where I can. Pay attention to the forums in the near future as well as Ready Up episodes to find out as much as you can. Submit those user clips! Lets see your skills.

That’s not what people want.
I mean, be happy.
You are working on a AAA MMO, one with a ridiculous number of sales before it even launched.
That. is. kittening. wonderful.
Congrats.

But ‘previewing’ patches means nothing, like no one seriously wants that from you guys…
People want better patches.
People want more of a focus on the fun aspects of GW2 (2v2s~, active gameplay, more easily fallowed gameplay) not YEARS tweaking balance to kitten no one likes.
I’m sorry, I mean, you guys clearly love the game, it’s just others want to too and you’re making it hard.

Want a Tip tyler? you guys are not very good at balance testing

They can balance test.
They do a good job at balancing.
The game is pretty balanced, more balanced than any other MMO I’ve played.

The issue though is that their internal testers seem to think balance is fun.
That a balanced game = a fun game.
In short they have little if any idea what the playerbase enjoys.
That’s crazy and it’s been kittening up the game since before launch.

Any halfway decent testing team just aims to cut out the extremes in balance while focusing the rest of their resources on expanding what the playerbase enjoys/wants… no one expects perfect balance and Anet won’t ever come close to reaching it… they’ve just been chasing their own tail for the past year and a half.

Yeh. it is because most of the time people talk about “balance” what we actually mean is lack of fun/lame stuff. Like I dont care if stuff is uber balanced. The game is pretty balanced. It just isnt fun because of no build diversity (so many useless trait lines) and critically no game modes. They have wasted 2 years going back and forth on numbers which really arent a big deal. Stuff like spirit ranger should not exist because it isnt fun. It is also overpowered which sucks, but it shouldnt exist because it makes the game unfollowable. I have sooo many tournament games in this game and even I cant work out wtf is going on when a spirit ranger is around. They literally just ruin the game. Minion master is the same, but luckily it isnt as strong. The big stuff is the stuff which isnt fun. I agree 100000% with you that they waste time on balance when balance only really matters when the features are in place (although outliers like healing signet/spirit of nature should be fixed asap)

The main reason I quit gw2, and others in my guild I know are similar, is because of spirit ranger/minion masters/mesmer clone spammers who just make the game a clusterkitten. Like that is issue no.1 as far as I am concerned, along with game modes. I made about 10 threads on spirit ranger, had many people agree with me but even after anet were forced to watch spirit ranger destroy their big pax tournament – well they still did nothing. It is still there just ruining every game you can play

They have claimed to be influenced by games like dota and magic the gathering. Well in those games they consider what is fun. In card games if, say, recurring counter spells is not fun to play against then they introduce cards to shift the meta away from that. In gw2 they dont seem to think first “what is fun” instead they think “is this op”. Sometimes they should just balance for the sake of the game as a whole. Sure it might suck for some people who only play their class but its good for the game as a whole so they should do it. Like spirit ranger should be nerfed into the ground completely. So should minion master. Just keep buffing their health in pve so they are viable but in pvp their effects/damage or health should be nerfed completely. Like in magic for the guy who plays counter spells and then flashes back counter spells he might not like things which make things uncounterable. But for the good of the game their devs will make a change like that, a change to get rid of unfun mechanics. Unfun mechanics kill games. Spirit ranger is just the ultimate in this. But instead we get frequent buffs to ai things. I think guardian spirit weapons will be next to get buffed

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta.

How? How exactly? They flat out die to Corrupt Boon / Spite. Is there some magical spec that I don’t know about? Also, if they spec hard for anti-condition, they’re still only mediocore, still get shut down by engineer/necro, and lose a lot of survivability against power dps.

It’s like somehow the Dev’s don’t realize that people can’t spec 20/0/30/30/30 for Cleansing Fire, Diamond Skin, Cleansing Waters, and Evasive Arcana.

Diamond Skin + Evasive Arcana is enough, and I put my other 10 in water for a little more regeneration. Folks who go pure condi can’t touch me on their own, since I have high regen uptime, high/perma protection, and blast finishers in water fields.

As I’ve said before: I don’t like that DS has to exist, but as long as not running it makes me a walking stomp for anyone with condi… I’ma take it. If you can’t do 1.2k direct damage, you’ve min/maxed really hard and should expect hard counters to exist.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta.

How? How exactly? They flat out die to Corrupt Boon / Spite. Is there some magical spec that I don’t know about? Also, if they spec hard for anti-condition, they’re still only mediocore, still get shut down by engineer/necro, and lose a lot of survivability against power dps.

It’s like somehow the Dev’s don’t realize that people can’t spec 20/0/30/30/30 for Cleansing Fire, Diamond Skin, Cleansing Waters, and Evasive Arcana.

Diamond Skin + Evasive Arcana is enough, and I put my other 10 in water for a little more regeneration. Folks who go pure condi can’t touch me on their own, since I have high regen uptime, high/perma protection, and blast finishers in water fields.

As I’ve said before: I don’t like that DS has to exist, but as long as not running it makes me a walking stomp for anyone with condi… I’ma take it. If you can’t do 1.2k direct damage, you’ve min/maxed really hard and should expect hard counters to exist.

Not really min maxing when the whole amulet system is so restricting that you either do 0 damage as a necro or you do a ton. So you either go power or you dont. That is not min maxing AT ALL. It is built into the game. Sure diamond skin wouldnt be so bad if you could have stats on 12 pieces of gear. But you cant so you get more hard counters because the whole amulet system pigeons holes you

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Ele should technically be in a much better spot come the feature build.

Pretty anxious not gunna lie..

Would love to hear the opinion on necromancer from the one necromancer visible to the necro community and showed as the one developer playing the profession regarding the upcoming changes and longlasting mechanics issues.

… nvm then..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Not really min maxing when the whole amulet system is so restricting that you either do 0 damage as a necro or you do a ton. So you either go power or you dont. That is not min maxing AT ALL. It is built into the game. Sure diamond skin wouldnt be so bad if you could have stats on 12 pieces of gear. But you cant so you get more hard counters because the whole amulet system pigeons holes you

Necro really does need more choice, I do agree with this – the only class that I see getting proper versatility and choice between power and condi builds is (ta-da) warrior, and that’s because they get their natural high defence and hard-hitting attacks even without too much investment in Power.

I’m pretty sure that the biggest problem with all of this is that Condition Damage is a primary way to deal damage – it means that cleanse isn’t just a way to ease pressure, but a complete necessity to survive against a number of builds. We either need the crazy strength of condition burst to drop (with maybe Torment and Confusion staying strong, since they’re actual punishment condi – and with a major increase in the viability of power builds for some classes), or HP pools to be normalised (so that conditions don’t kill some classes 3x as fast as others, though this would chuck so many spanners in the balance works), or cleanse to be made much more easily available to a wider variety of builds (which would render condition builds near-useless, and reeks of power-creep).

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

… but the tankier dps specs have seen substantial improvements.

… on swap sigils coming in alone. This might over scale certain specs into godliness while bringing other classes up to par at the same time.

…Every single class has such drastic improvements to sustain through this

… at the same time it allows full tank builds to bring out more damage while supporting their group.

… warrior 5 second weapon swaps, they can utilize 4 different on swap sigils as compared to what most classes can do with 2.

Just some quotes of you.
To be honest, I’m completely horriefied of the upcoming patch. Wasn’t the warrior not a lesson for you, that sustain and damage or general speaking, power-creep, will ruin the balance and the PvP with it? God have mercy with this development.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Rangers have some cool things coming too! Much needed power ranger lub! It’ll be all positive reactions right?!!

It’s Morphin’ Time!

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Ele is the only balanced class right now. You should rather tune down everyting else.

There isn’t a single balanced class in GW2.
Individual things or a set of things within a class being balanced? Sure I’ll take that bite.
Ele? 1 hand fresh air tomfoolery is not balanced, on the other hand glyphs suck among multiple other things. You can rinse and repeat for everyone, there isn’t a balanced class, everyone has things that need tuning upwards and downwards.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Ele is the only balanced class right now. You should rather tune down everyting else.

There isn’t a single balanced class in GW2.
Individual things or a set of things within a class being balanced? Sure I’ll take that bite.
Ele? 1 hand fresh air tomfoolery is not balanced, on the other hand glyphs suck among multiple other things. You can rinse and repeat for everyone, there isn’t a balanced class, everyone has things that need tuning upwards and downwards.

Well, let’s say ele is (besides fresh air and DS) one of the better balanced classes.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Well, let’s say ele is (besides fresh air and DS) one of the better balanced classes.

Really?
Ele is the better balanced class when pretty much any elementalist spend 30 points into arcana picking the same 3 traits?
When Fire Magic is completely unviable as traitline compared to Air Magic?
When Earth Grandmaster traits completely suck?
When there is no reliable way to remove conditions out of Ether Renewal or Cleansing Water?
When half of the weapon skills (focus in fire, Shatterstone, scepter autoattacks) and utility skills (glyphs and half of the signets) are flat out useless?
When there is no way in the hell to survive without having at least 300 extra vitality and toughness, forcing non-lolcrazy-glass elementalists to pick the same amulet choices?

Seriously, elementalist is a mess, much more than other professions. The only difference is that it is underpowered, so it looks somewhat balanced.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Really?
Ele is the better balanced class when pretty much any elementalist spend 30 points into arcana picking the same 3 traits?
When Fire Magic is completely unviable as traitline compared to Air Magic?
When Earth Grandmaster trait completely suck?
When there is no reliable way to remove conditions out of Ether Renewal or Cleansing Water?
When half of the weapon skills (focus in fire, Shatterstone, scepter autoattacks) and utility skills (glyphs and half of the signets) are flat out useless?
When there is no way in the hell to survive without having at least 300 extra vitality and toughness, forcing non-lolcrazy-glass elementalists to pick the same amulet choices?

Seriously, elementalist is a bloody mess.
To be honest, the only profession which is somewhat close to be balanced that I’ve played enough (so no mesmer or engineer) is Thief. Other professions are still a mess.

Subjective opinion. I got you hate the class.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Let’s reserve judgement for the patch. It’s good to start thinking about what sigils you might run now but it’s not going to really get ya any advantage over anyone this early when a lot of things are still missing. Most sigils have received balance changes. Duration sigils, on-crit sigils, and on swap sigils have even seen a few changes. But wait until you see the runes along with our other content coming in. There’s now a lot of options that look really good so like I said, it’s hard to foresee; and even if I foresee a meta (which I have my speculations), I personally can’t really do anything about it other than give my honest feedback to the team and communicate it back to you. I just make sure the stuff coming in isn’t broken bug wise and pester these guys with my delusional GW2 balance ideas, none of them which ever make it in(except these ele changes) :/ Also, Roy’s engi shames my warrior internally, so maybe blame me not being good enough:(

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

Open thread hoping to see Ele buffs.

War sigil buff confirmed.

Sad Panda.

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

You do realize if you create something completely broken with those Sigils/Runes rework, and it takes 4 months for you to fix it, it’ll be GW2’s pvp death?

I for one am playing LoL until you: nerf/change HS, nerf warriors and overall classes to be in balance with elementalists or so/remove Skyhammer & Spirit Watch from solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

You do realize if you create something completely broken with those Sigils/Runes rework, and it takes 4 months for you to fix it, it’ll be GW2’s pvp death?

I for one am playing LoL until you: nerf/change HS, nerf warriors and overall classes to be in balance with elementalists or so/remove Skyhammer & Spirit Watch from solo queue.

Weird, from reading the forums I thought PvP died years ago.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I personally can’t really do anything about it other than give my honest feedback to the team and communicate it back to you.

You should warn the balancing team, then, that the warrior with the fast hands trait will be the only profession/ build in the entire game that will be able to trigger 4 on-swap sigils in 9 (10) seconds, while all the other professions will only be able to trigger 2 sigils in that amount of time. This should be tested internally, and if its proves to be too strong, the trait that allows for it, Fast Hands, should be considered design-wise. Probably to get “demoted” to major (so that it’ll no longer come at free), and perhaps at a higher tier. Such a build could be very fun/ unique, but if it turns out to be too strong, sacrificing a master or grandmaster major trait for a tier-nerfed Fast Hands might be the best way to deal with the situation. I’m not a warrior, but from a general game design point of view, that seems a logical solution to me.

Regardless, Anet should be aware of this “exception”, so that they can have a plan B about this potential problem ready if this ever becomes a problem in the meta, and react fast to it.

I just make sure the stuff coming in isn’t broken bug wise

When will Arcane Mastery work with Final Shielding and Arcane Retribution traits? :P

(P.S. Arcane Retribution would be so cool if it could be triggered by the player instead of the opponent.)

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Uhm…
GW2 is already dead.
PvP’ers are just biding their time till the next wave of MMOs hit before they let this lifeless corpse drift off to sea.

I mean… since launch Anet hasn’t done anything right.
That is GW2’s death.

They released a game that needed an extreme amount of TLC… yet they didn’t give it.
They minorly tweaked balance when the game needed a new direction.
They released badly placed conquest maps when the game needed a new mode.
They released a useless leaderboard when the game needed a new queuing system.
And for kittens sake, they are constantly ‘letting the meta settle’ as if this game is stuck in the middle of an esports season, as if they have a top tier game that needs to be perfectly balanced for the upcoming world tourny… it’s downright laudable.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

A little off-topic, but weren’t there also “good things coming” to thief as well as ele and ranger? I may have misheard (also, when is the next Ready Up? I’m terrible with dates xP)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

@Lordrosicky.5813
——no build diversity (so many useless trait lines)
Meh.
A game doesn’t need more than a handful of playable specs for to be able to be thought of as ‘a good game’.
GW2 has that.
The issue is all quality.
More specs isn’t bad, don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying a few very well made specs at the core of the game is MUCH more important.

——and critically no game modes
They have what should be a casual-queue sidenote of a map as their main and only instanced PvP playstyle.
Yeup, that’s an issue.

——spirit ranger should not exist because it isnt fun
Yeah, and the tragedy is that buried under all the crap that Anet made top tier are a number of genuinely entertaining to play specs… specs that, if made the central focus of the game, could have made a decent game

——just make the game a clusterkitten.
Yeup, everything around that is all bad.
AI is a core issue in this game.
Core issues should be fixed.
Anet fixed them by giving out a buff…. Wut?
Even without AI the game is nigh unwatchable in any fight over a 2v2… even without AI the game is struggling for depth… yet they pushed for more pets. No they didn’t tweak pets to fit GW2, they didn’t tweak them to be more watchable and pro-active to play… they just buffed them.
What.
The.
kitten.

——They have claimed to be influenced by games like dota and magic the gathering.
Them not making a game for the players is not an issue based on what influenced them.
It’s an issue of being a bad company/dev.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Let’s reserve judgement for the patch. It’s good to start thinking about what sigils you might run now but it’s not going to really get ya any advantage over anyone this early when a lot of things are still missing. Most sigils have received balance changes. Duration sigils, on-crit sigils, and on swap sigils have even seen a few changes. But wait until you see the runes along with our other content coming in. There’s now a lot of options that look really good so like I said, it’s hard to foresee; and even if I foresee a meta (which I have my speculations), I personally can’t really do anything about it other than give my honest feedback to the team and communicate it back to you. I just make sure the stuff coming in isn’t broken bug wise and pester these guys with my delusional GW2 balance ideas, none of them which ever make it in(except these ele changes) :/ Also, Roy’s engi shames my warrior internally, so maybe blame me not being good enough:(

unless you get rid of Fast Hands on Warrior……there is no reason to reserve judgement…….you will have screwed up yet again buffing what doesn’t need buffed……………….and we will have to wait 5 months until you change it (all the while ignoring bugged and garbage traits ).

thank god i don’t pvp…..

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Also, Roy’s engi shames my warrior internally, so maybe blame me not being good enough:(

o dont worry, engi practically hard counters warrior. its not you.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

I am concerned with upcoming balance update anet seems to be introducing a further source of imbalance by giving classes other than engie and ele access to 4 sigils. This is in addition to the warrior fast hands issue. The lack of response to these obvious and entirely foreseeable problems does not inspire confidence.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Uhm…
GW2 is already dead.
PvP’ers are just biding their time till the next wave of MMOs hit before they let this lifeless corpse drift off to sea.

I mean… like since launch Anet hasen’t done anything right.
That is GW2’s death.

They released a game that needed an extreme amount of TLC yet they didn’t give it.
They minorly tweaked balance when the game needed a new direction.
They released badly placed conquest maps when the game needed a new mode.
They released a useless leaderboard when the game needed a new queuing system.
They are constantly ‘letting the meta settle’ like the game is always in the middle of an esports season, like they have a top tier game that needs to be perfectly balanced for the upcoming world tourny… it’s laudable.

^^ this ^^

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

You think three small changes are enough to fix ele. Clearly this class has been over nerfed for that to work.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

that ele in the scrimage wasnt half bad i know better ele, but the fact is that he did ok job being the most underpowered class out there. every time i see ele in my team i always think another person i have to carry during games

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

You think three small changes are enough to fix ele. Clearly this class has been over nerfed for that to work.

While i’m super scared of the patch, the notes they gave were just preview of SOME changes.. right?

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

The sigil change hardly helps elementalist. There is a chance the rune/sigil changes overall are mostly neutral or even possibly a nerf. (nerf depending on what rune sets are changed and in what way, or how sigils change)

At the moment I use primarily strength/battle with a force sigil. Strength/battle is by far the highest damage rune/sigil set up you can get granted your target isn’t constantly dodging (this strengthens fire/air as you can proc it every time you actually get a chance to hit the target between all the stealth/dodging or w/e) and the fight is of moderate length.

Assuming this stays the same way the only thing that will change is that elementalist will be able to replace the force sigil(5% damage) with something else. Replacing it with another damage sigil like fire or air will probably result in similar damage over all, I dunno I’m not gonna do the math on it. Point is it’s minimal at best and at worst ele ends up using the same exact rune/sigil set-up while other classes get to try out some new stuff. Sure you can replace 5% damage with energy, that is something, but you lose damage. It’s a trade-off.

Can’t say I’m excited about countering conditions. Staff healing ele already did this really well. The problem is infinite dazes/CC chains. (aka warriors and thieves)

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

@Lordrosicky.5813

——They have claimed to be influenced by games like dota and magic the gathering.

When in reality, they were mostly influenced by FPS and partially mobas.

Think we all know which of the two games was influenced by Magic…….pun intended.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

@Lordrosicky.5813
——no build diversity (so many useless trait lines)
Meh.
A game doesn’t need more than a handful of playable specs for to be able to be thought of as ‘a good game’.
GW2 has that.
The issue is all quality.
More specs isn’t bad, don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying a few very well made specs at the core of the game is MUCH more important.

——and critically no game modes
They have what should be a casual-queue sidenote of a map as their main and only instanced PvP playstyle.
Yeup, that’s an issue.

——spirit ranger should not exist because it isnt fun
Yeah, and the tragedy is that buried under all the crap that Anet made top tier are a number of genuinely entertaining to play specs… specs that, if made the central focus of the game, could have made a decent game

——just make the game a clusterkitten.
Yeup, everything around that is all bad.
AI is a core issue in this game.
Core issues should be fixed.
Anet fixed them by giving out a buff…. Wut?
Even without AI the game is nigh unwatchable in any fight over a 2v2… even without AI the game is struggling for depth… yet they pushed for more pets. No they didn’t tweak pets to fit GW2, they didn’t tweak them to be more watchable and pro-active to play… they just buffed them.
What.
The.
kitten.

Them not making a game for the players is not an issue based on what influenced them.
It’s an issue of being a bad company/dev.

They don’t agree that spirit ranger type specs kill the game. They also didn’t admit that the game needed new game modes for at least 2 years during alpha, beta and the first year of release.

Look at the leaked new elites. Guardian spirit weapon. I bet we see buffs to this spec in the patch because anet love ai specs which arent fun to play against