Ele in sPvP After feature patch -Courtyard

in PvP

Posted by: Astorm.5496

Astorm.5496

sPvP

1st of all, PLZ REMOVE THE CHOSE RED OR BLUE OPTION !!!!! thx for you attention to CAPS :P it makes some premade groups stomp constantly other team until everyone leaves or they get tired of laughing….. plz make it random

2nd note – i joined solo arena 2 times… both times played a 5v3???? is this a bug?

My main is Elementalist, all is good in PvE, i dont play WvW
I do play mainly sPvP now… my toughts about that

1 – Elementalist still falls behind every other class, fire trait seems useless, air is not that great either and to be honest i highly prefer evasive arcana over elemental contigency
(its not a bad concept but lets take this example… roaming in a big map from point to point most of the times you are in air…. someone attacks you you get fury, to me that want to play support Ele fury is not so usefull and the really usefull one, retaliation imediatly gets on a 10 sec cooldown… its just too hard to get it to work the way you want, especially since most of the times it depends on someone “randomly” attacking you on a 10 sec timer you cant be on Top of)
I really like Stone heart (a lot better then useless diamond skin* Ele gets under 90% hp with any attack….*)and even aquatic benevolence is very usefull but i rather use evasive arcana… if the healing buff also affected you it would be a different story still usefull…..

NOW THE EXCEPTION —-———— THE new sPvP MAP —-—————— Courtyard!!!!!!!

Finally a map where i feel Ele doesnt fall behind, if you can survive the big bursts your team is usually all there to support you

You can hide using line of sight and recuperate… not those massive maps where everyone can catch up to you and wipe the floor with your Ele’s kitten

real teamplay as i dont see stuff like in most maps where ppl go to a point you’re already taking just to get points instead of being usefull to team, ppl rezzing everyone as they go down, interrupting finishers… again… the only MAP where i feel Ele isnt stomped by everyone just to give you an idea… i have a close to 50% wins in other sPvP maps.. i played 9 matches in courtward… won 7

Plz make more maps like this!!!!!!!! and why not maybe capture the Flag maps? one can wish…..

IMo this happens because its a team play map… if a thief/warrior/mesmer fails to burst you immediately, he’s in trouble and your not the meat for every other class in this map as your team is always close by…

imagine one OP 1v1 class goes for you… he (as usual ignores everyone and goes for the Ele… even if you’re down he’s in trouble as long as you did some damage and even the Ele downed skill becomes more usefull then usual wink wink

anyone feel free to comment, especially Ele’s

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Sorry this is a team oriented game. Ele are very strong 1v1 and with the recent buff and warrior nerfs across the entire table, or are you still living in the glory days where eles can 2v1 in spvp and 10v1 in WvW?

in PvP

Astorm.5496

are you one of those (current) glory days Warrior/thieves that still (literaly) 2v1’s …. yeah… kill one stealth/recover get the other

too be honest still doesnt feel balanced to me except in courtyard

in PvP

Astorm.5496

anyway just a correction… in making a capture the flag/orb map i mean an oldscholl CTF where you have to take the orb to your base, not nodes, in a team fight! (not ppl scattered around trying to get far away nodes) and with multiple paths to your base, something in the lines of new courtyard map maybe

GJ Anet anyway, loving the changes overall, pLZ keep em coming

sidenote …. new classes or PvE content when? come On you can tell me…….i still can see all the unacessible areas in the map :P

Oh 1 more thing, wouldnt setting/changing elemental contigency buffs to activate on entering attunement and maybe adjust/lower the duration be a “fix” for it…. based on what i’ve said before, it would be a lot more usefull/reliable imo and make the trait more appealing (to me at least.. other Ele’s can coment on this)

(edited by Astorm.5496)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

since the new mode is pretty much a zergfest eles can do really well,
i had one game with almost a whole team of staff eles,
lava fonts and meteor showers all over the place, everything just melted.

the funny thing is that the damage has’nt changed, i’ve been doing this on my ele for as long as i can remember, it only seems that now people are finally realising how much damage staff eles can do.

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

since the new mode is pretty much a zergfest eles can do really well,
i had one game with almost a whole team of staff eles,
lava fonts and meteor showers all over the place, everything just melted.

the funny thing is that the damage has’nt changed, i’ve been doing this on my ele for as long as i can remember, it only seems that now people are finally realising how much damage staff eles can do.

who the kitten gets hit by slow channeling areaskills.. red circles on floor? game to hard

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Ele’s are quite powerful. D/D has a very good burst rotation and good recovery. Its also good in teams for the support, another good source of aoe condi-cleanse.

in PvP

Posted by: I Goof Em.6873

I Goof Em.6873

staff eles succeed well in battles where lines are drawn. The map courtyard has some narrow corridors which allow for such. I indeed agree, it’s good for eles, they can do their role without being overwhelmed so easily.