Ele is dead

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

For the past 6 months to a year ele has gotten a few major buffs (cele + might, burning, and diamond skin + tempest sustain) followed huge nerfs and only giving us “quality of life” changes in return that really didn’t matter. So finally with the removal of cele amulet, the only thing making ele viable, and the energy sigil + vigor nerf removing the vast majority of hard damage mitigation which is evades, ele will be useless in PvP. Unless there are some USEFUL changes in the rest of the notes, and not just tiny scepter buffs on skills that are garbage already like we have been getting, ele will be worse than thief or warrior were for the first season by far.

Also, PLEASE dont make the solution (if any are to come at all) another thing like cele to carry the class and not giving ele what it needs to be viable in different roles.

As for solutions here is what I think would work best:
-Buff overall damage so tankier amulets are more viable
-Buff defensive utilities so ele will have to be active to survive
-Give them a way to get more dodges than just constant vigor
-Replace existing tratis/utilities that dont ever see use to push ele in the desired direction anet has in mind (I’m looking at you conjurer, giving a fire aura when an ally picks up a conjure weapon)

Basically just look at the skills that no one uses (yes there is a lot of them), use them as a chance to make something that is useful.

(edited by Dr Patrik.3642)

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Also, PLEASE dont make the solution (if any are to come at all) another thing like cele to carry the class and not giving ele what it needs to be viable in different roles.

Dw, they won’t add another thing like cele, it’s be exactly cele. I bet you they will readd the amulet in a year or so, because there’s no other option besides fixing the class completely and they’re not capable of doing that.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: SailorMercury.6085

SailorMercury.6085

I think this is a foolish post. I don’t say that to offend anyone..However, just because ele is a higher skill cap class doesn’t mean they’re “dead.” I’ve run into very few elementalists that have left an impression on me, however, those few were extremely good. I’d like to consider myself a very good mesmer, especially when it comes to 1v1s, and I got killed by an ele 1v1 earlier today. Very good class, just difficult to play.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Thanks for the new thread I guess.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: MadCatSadPet.7649

MadCatSadPet.7649

I really think eles were okay. They actually required skill to play and were very rewarding to players of skill. That’s perfectly fine.

Why would you utterly wreck a skill-based class while leaving other easymode classes relatively untouched?

#Anet

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Mesmer is dead too. But we got double portal acording to helset so therefor NERF!!!
Mobility>FUN/USEFUL .

Ele is dead

in PvP

Dr Patrik.3642

I think this is a foolish post. I don’t say that to offend anyone..However, just because ele is a higher skill cap class doesn’t mean they’re “dead.” I’ve run into very few elementalists that have left an impression on me, however, those few were extremely good. I’d like to consider myself a very good mesmer, especially when it comes to 1v1s, and I got killed by an ele 1v1 earlier today. Very good class, just difficult to play.

I will have you know I can play ele very well, I’ve won many 1v1’s against top players, abjured members included, so I feel as though I know what I’m talking about when I made this post. Also that ele you are talking about was probably using cele, which is getting removed. Ele needing to use cele one of the main things in this post and is not only my opinion, but the opinion of many other top ele players to.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Noskill, broken op, impossible to kill elementalist gets destroyed?
Good. Very good.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

couple things to note before making those bold statements:

- The builds in general will be less tanky thanks to the removal of almost all amulets that were used in tanky builds (besides clerics).
- Ele wasn’t relying only on “hard” dmg-mitigation because of very strong healing-output.
- Diamond Skin is still as hard of a counter to pure condition-classes as it has been.
- With Frost Aura, Geomancers defense, protection+hardy conduit, ele still has the by far highest soft dmg mitigation in the game.
- Certain amus, like menders, are promising for a supporty dps-build.
- Possibly, there are still a few changes they haven’t mentioned yet.

Besides that, ppl must begin to realize that they should be able to play more than 1 class. The meta and builds will change drastically and you’ll have to learn all the new MU’s again anyways, so if Ele truly is that bad, just play sth. else.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Can we at least wait until the patch actually drops before claiming a class as dead.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Can we at least wait until the patch actually drops before claiming a class as dead.

If we wait until the patch drops to alert stupidity, then we will have to complain for at least another 3 months to get a fix (probably more silly scepter “buffs”).

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play only ele. And and i am OK with cele removal and DS changes.
BUT. I hate if auras will be nerved especially fire aura and also i hoped to some useful buffs to scepter and a bit focus + warhorn to allow build diversity. At the moment combined with necro buffs it looks like only hard nerves and ele destruction.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

As for solutions here is what I think would work best:

But this would be like having celestial amulet again. The problem with eles is they can spec tanky and still deal damage because all of the buffs they have access to. They also have access to direct damage and burn at the same time, which made celestial amulet the best choice.

I think the new meta goes for more defined roles. You want a supportive, bunker ele? spec tanky. You want a damage dealer? spec marauder or carrion.

RIght now things have gotten ridiculous. In one of my last matches i held a point against a dagger ele (i ran a staff cele) and we traded blows for 3 minutes without our health dropping below 80%.

Ginosaji vs Ginosaji.

Surprisingly, he didn’t go to do something more productive, but got help from a revenenant, and things started looking hairy for me, until i also got help from a necro and we killed them both.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Read elementalists talking about fixes is always fun.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

You think you are so clever by dropping joy of tears here for the destruction of Cele Ele.

Only thing was keeping Condi Reaper/Condi Rev in check was D/X Tempest.

Now I will jump to my Condi Reaper and I swim in tears of whining, you didn’t know what you wished for, now enjoy.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Do not worry. Elementalist will not die. No profession will be removed or rendered unusable, otherwise the game and gems will not sell.

Worst case scenario: elementalist will no longer be meta, but will still exist a great PvP build for it.

In my personal opinion, I think elementalist should no longer be meta. I played 4.3k games on elementalist since game release. Since celestial was added in PvP in 2014 (if I remember right) elementalist is in meta. Even an international tournament was won with 2 elementalists on same team. Sorry, but it was in top for too long and now it should drop from the podium. 2 years of continuous meta is enough for any profession. We should make room for something else (because nothing is perfect).

No matter what happens, elementalist will still be playable and fun.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

You think you are so clever by dropping joy of tears here for the destruction of Cele Ele.

Only thing was keeping Condi Reaper/Condi Rev in check was D/X Tempest.

Now I will jump to my Condi Reaper and I swim in tears of whining, you didn’t know what you wished for, now enjoy.

True, people underestimate how strong chill is – it is ridiculous, as can be seen by how ele’s get completely wrecked by necros if they get below the threshold. Ele needs a lot of buffs to compensate for the change to diamond skin, buffs to necro, and removal of cele.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Areopag.8749

Areopag.8749

-Buff defensive utilities so ele will have to be active to survive
-Give them a way to get more dodges than just constant vigor

Bunker Meta 3.0
I think you want a meta like this:
Game goes on for 15min
for 30
for 60
… and at some point later
ANet members will personally kick you out of the arena

Ele is dead

in PvP

Dr Patrik.3642

Just to clear things up,

1. I am in favor of the removal of cele amulet as I do agree it is bad for the class and the game. The problem lies with the fact that without it, ele is extremely weak.

2. A class being in the meta for a long time is no reason to make it total garbage and not in the meta at all.

3. I am not in favor of the bunker meta, I just want ele to be able to have at least one viable option like most of the other classes.

4. In the current state ele cant “just go marauder for damage” or “just go cleric for a tanky play style” as ele with those amulets is FAR worse than another class with the same type of build.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

1 question

Which class is the only class to be stacked up to 4 per team and win an ESL tournament?

Thanks

Ele is dead

in PvP

Dr Patrik.3642

1 question

Which class is the only class to be stacked up to 4 per team and win an ESL tournament?

Thanks

Answer: I refer you to point number 2 of my latest post on this thread.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The Elementalist is dead. Long live the Elementalist!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Elementalist can’t get pushed out of the meta because its combo fields with blast, leap, and projectile finishers. Chilling bolts and burning bolts are simply too useful especially coordinating with a character with viper stats.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Mobility>FUN/USEFUL .

Looks like Thieves and Mesmers are switching places…again…

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

If the only thing making elementalist viable was relying on an amulet that gives 40% more stats than other amulets because they can take full advantage of the spread, then the class was broken anyway and this change will help them in the long run

Before this anet had to tiptoe around balancing elementalist because if they gave them too much offense then cele bunker is broken, give them too much defence then cele bunker is broken, give them too much condi then cele bunker is broken. Now anet can actually make more substantial balance changes without risk of making an immortal bruiser every season

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Staff

Lava Font : First instance of the damage occurs immediately after the cast. (Instant First tick).

Lighning Surge : Reduce cooldown to 5 seconds from 10 to better match cooldown with Fresh Air.

Gust : Add minor damage on impact.

Magnetic Aura : Apply cripple for 5 seconds in a 300 radius around the player on cast. Reduce cooldown to 25 from 30.

Shockwave : Improve power ratio to 1.0 from 0.5. Increase bleeding stacks to 3 from 1, reduce duration to 8 from 20. Reduce cooldown to 20 from 30.

Healing Rain: Reduce cast time to 1 seconds from 1 1/2 seconds.

Traits

Inscription: Increase the might gained from casting glyphs while attuned to fire to 3 stacks from 1 stack. Additionnaly, it now reduces the cooldown of the summoned elemental special ability cooldown by 20%.

Weak Spot: Increase the Vulnerability Stacks on critical strike to 2 from 1.

Earthen Blast : Add 3 stacks of bleeding for 3 seconds in the 240 radius when swapping to Earth.

Serrated Stones: Applying Cripple also applies 5 seconds of Bleeding (3 seconds ICD); Applying Bleeding also applies 2 seconds of Cripple (10 seconds ICD). Improve damage dealt against bleeding foes by 5%; improve critical chance against Crippled foes by 5%. Increase Bleeding and Cripple duration by 20%.

Lightning Strike : Increase range to 1200 from 900.

Renewing Stamina : Reduce recharge to 4 seconds from 10. Reduce duration to 3 seconds from 5.

Elemental Attunement : Increase the radius to 360 from 240.

Conjurer : Combine One with Fire and Conjurer together as a single trait.

New trait to replace One with Fire: Element of Purification : Applying Fire Aura cleanse 1 damaging condition and increases damage dealt by condition by 5% and damage by 5 % for the duration of the Aura.

Pyromancer’s Puissance : Bonus (Minor and Major traits) from Fire Attunement now lingers for 5 seconds after swapping from Fire Attunement.

UTILITIES

Arcane Shield Reduce cooldown to 50 seconds, down from 75 seconds.

Arcane Power Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds, down from 45 seconds. Additionnally, improves Ferocity by 250 for the duration of the spell.

Arcane Blast Reduce cooldown to 15 seconds from 20 seconds. Additionnally, the spell now launches 3 projectiles in a barrage to the target with a 100% projectile finisher. Damage is improved by 10%, but splitted in 3 instances of damage.

Arcane Wave Reduce cooldown to 20 seconds from 30.

Arcane Brillance Reduce cooldown to 15, down from 25 seconds. Short cooldown healing skill.

Signet of Restoration Clears one condition when casted.

Signet of Water Now also removes chill every 10 seconds in addition to the regular condition clear. When activated, gain Frost Aura on successful hit in addition to the chill on the target.

Signet of Fire Now grants Fire Aura on successful hit in addition to the burn on the target.

Glyph of Elemental Harmony Increase healing value to 6,490 (1.0), up from 4894 (0.75).

Glyph of Elemental Power Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds, down from 45 seconds.

Eye of the Storm Now grants a static charge to allies for 10 seconds in addition to the old effect, similar to the effects upon completing air overload.

Tornado: Changed to Signet of the Wind which passively improve vitality, thoughness and healing power by 80. Tornado now applies the first instance of damage instantly after a succesful cast and the last tick applies at the very end of the transformation. Raise the pulsing stability stack to 5 up from 1 every three seconds. Additionnaly, clears 3 conditions every 3 seconds. And finally, enemy combo fields are inneffective while under Tornado (it does not affect the regular effects of the ability causing the combo field).

Conjured Weapons

-Reduce initial cooldown to 45 seconds from 60.

-Reduce Fiery Greatsword cooldown to 120 from 180 seconds.

-Improve visibility between allies’ and enemies’ conjured weapon.

-Drastically reduce the delay to pick up Conjured Weapon (or Bundles) when already on the floor.

Conjure Earth Shield

Passive stats : -Remove vitality from the passive stat gains since it is immediately lost when the Conjured Weapon is discarded.

-Add Concentration (20% boon duration) to the passive stat pool.

Stone Sheath : Increase radius to 360. Each enemy hit grants two seconds of Retaliation. Reduce cooldown to 5 seconds from 8.

Magnetic Surge : Add a Leap Finisher to the skill.

Crippling Shield : Add a Projectile Finisher to the skill.

Lightning Hammer

Static Field : Allow the wielder to move while casting. Allow to target the field in the area instead of a Point Blank Area, 600 range.

Wind Blast : Improve damage to match Guardian Hammer’s Banish.

Auto Attack : Reduce auto attack windup to match the indicated cast time.

Conjure Flame Axe

Ring of Fire : Update this Ring of Fire to match the current iteration of Ring of Fire on Dagger.

Auto-Attack : Rework the auto attack to include a chain in melee, which could include some evade frames.

Conjure Ice Bow

Auto Attack : Completely rework the auto-attack. Fire a shard of ice that shatters on impact, Bleeding and dealing extra damage to enemies behind the impact. 1 stack of bleed for 3 seconds, 320 (0,6) damage ; 2 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds, 384 (0.72) damage to target behind. 900 range.

Frost Fan : Increase chill duration to 2 seconds from 1 seconds (to compensate the chill stack limit). Struck enemies and allies now leave a regenerative mist on impact that pulse heal every seconds for 204 (0,2) over 3 seconds.

Ice Storm : Do an evasive leap away from target area while shooting a volatile shard of ice. Detonate midair for multiple explosions of ice. Detonates into 5 shards that cripple and bleeds.

BUG FIXES

Elemental Enchantment Fix the issue causing the overload cooldown to reset back to 20 seconds when swapping out of the element causing the overload.

Written in Stones Fix the issue causing signets buff duration not matching the signet cooldown due to the aftercast. Aftercast duration now adds to the buff duration.

Tempest Defense Fix the issue that prevents Lightning Rod from receiving the damage increase portion to disabled target. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3x9941/lightning_rod_is_not_working_properly_video_proof/)

Lightning Rod Fix the issue that causes the lightning strike to be blocked or dodged upon sucessfully interrupting a dodging or blocking target. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3x9941/lightning_rod_is_not_working_properly_video_proof/)

Alerie Despins

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

1 question

Thanks

Answer: I refer you to point number 2 of my latest post on this thread.

Being in the meta for a long time != Dominating a meta so harshly that 4/5 team members can be that one build and win

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

10/10.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If we wait until the patch drops to alert stupidity, then we will have to complain for at least another 3 months to get a fix (probably more silly scepter “buffs”).

SHATTERSTONE!

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Do not worry. Elementalist will not die. No profession will be removed or rendered unusable, otherwise the game and gems will not sell.

Worst case scenario: elementalist will no longer be meta, but will still exist a great PvP build for it.

In my personal opinion, I think elementalist should no longer be meta. I played 4.3k games on elementalist since game release. Since celestial was added in PvP in 2014 (if I remember right) elementalist is in meta. Even an international tournament was won with 2 elementalists on same team. Sorry, but it was in top for too long and now it should drop from the podium. 2 years of continuous meta is enough for any profession. We should make room for something else (because nothing is perfect).

No matter what happens, elementalist will still be playable and fun.

Seriously, just take that video off your sig. I can’t take anything you say seriously because I just remember how bad it was when we were worse than trash tier.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If the only thing making elementalist viable was relying on an amulet that gives 40% more stats than other amulets because they can take full advantage of the spread, then the class was broken anyway and this change will help them in the long run

Before this anet had to tiptoe around balancing elementalist because if they gave them too much offense then cele bunker is broken, give them too much defence then cele bunker is broken, give them too much condi then cele bunker is broken. Now anet can actually make more substantial balance changes without risk of making an immortal bruiser every season

Kind of like that ENTIRE YEAR they let ele be completely unusable….only to make no substantive changes before buffing cele and brining back cleansing water? So…can you explain to me how Anet is different now than they were then? Did they magically learn what the problem was when they figured out exactly NOTHING during that year? Eles are PO’d because, not only have they completely lost faith in Anet’s ability to understand eles and make intelligent changes, they KNOW that Anet will do the wrong thing given the opportunity.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.”

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Tempest is already an endangered species in proleague NOW. After this patch they could be unplayable. After another 3 months ANET will auto-equip each ele with a celestial amulet upon entering HOTM, which cannot be removed, or used by any other profession.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Staff

Lava Font : First instance of the damage occurs immediately after the cast. (Instant First tick).

Lighning Surge : Reduce cooldown to 5 seconds from 10 to better match cooldown with Fresh Air.

Gust : Add minor damage on impact.

Magnetic Aura : Apply cripple for 5 seconds in a 300 radius around the player on cast. Reduce cooldown to 25 from 30.

Shockwave : Improve power ratio to 1.0 from 0.5. Increase bleeding stacks to 3 from 1, reduce duration to 8 from 20. Reduce cooldown to 20 from 30.

Healing Rain: Reduce cast time to 1 seconds from 1 1/2 seconds.

Traits

Inscription: Increase the might gained from casting glyphs while attuned to fire to 3 stacks from 1 stack. Additionnaly, it now reduces the cooldown of the summoned elemental special ability cooldown by 20%.

Weak Spot: Increase the Vulnerability Stacks on critical strike to 2 from 1.

Earthen Blast : Add 3 stacks of bleeding for 3 seconds in the 240 radius when swapping to Earth.

Serrated Stones: Applying Cripple also applies 5 seconds of Bleeding (3 seconds ICD); Applying Bleeding also applies 2 seconds of Cripple (10 seconds ICD). Improve damage dealt against bleeding foes by 5%; improve critical chance against Crippled foes by 5%. Increase Bleeding and Cripple duration by 20%.

Lightning Strike : Increase range to 1200 from 900.

Renewing Stamina : Reduce recharge to 4 seconds from 10. Reduce duration to 3 seconds from 5.

Elemental Attunement : Increase the radius to 360 from 240.

Conjurer : Combine One with Fire and Conjurer together as a single trait.

New trait to replace One with Fire: Element of Purification : Applying Fire Aura cleanse 1 damaging condition and increases damage dealt by condition by 5% and damage by 5 % for the duration of the Aura.

Pyromancer’s Puissance : Bonus (Minor and Major traits) from Fire Attunement now lingers for 5 seconds after swapping from Fire Attunement.

UTILITIES

Arcane Shield Reduce cooldown to 50 seconds, down from 75 seconds.

Arcane Power Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds, down from 45 seconds. Additionnally, improves Ferocity by 250 for the duration of the spell.

Arcane Blast Reduce cooldown to 15 seconds from 20 seconds. Additionnally, the spell now launches 3 projectiles in a barrage to the target with a 100% projectile finisher. Damage is improved by 10%, but splitted in 3 instances of damage.

Arcane Wave Reduce cooldown to 20 seconds from 30.

Arcane Brillance Reduce cooldown to 15, down from 25 seconds. Short cooldown healing skill.

Signet of Restoration Clears one condition when casted.

Signet of Water Now also removes chill every 10 seconds in addition to the regular condition clear. When activated, gain Frost Aura on successful hit in addition to the chill on the target.

Signet of Fire Now grants Fire Aura on successful hit in addition to the burn on the target.

Glyph of Elemental Harmony Increase healing value to 6,490 (1.0), up from 4894 (0.75).

Glyph of Elemental Power Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds, down from 45 seconds.

Eye of the Storm Now grants a static charge to allies for 10 seconds in addition to the old effect, similar to the effects upon completing air overload.

Tornado: Changed to Signet of the Wind which passively improve vitality, thoughness and healing power by 80. Tornado now applies the first instance of damage instantly after a succesful cast and the last tick applies at the very end of the transformation. Raise the pulsing stability stack to 5 up from 1 every three seconds. Additionnaly, clears 3 conditions every 3 seconds. And finally, enemy combo fields are inneffective while under Tornado (it does not affect the regular effects of the ability causing the combo field).

Conjured Weapons

-Reduce initial cooldown to 45 seconds from 60.

-Reduce Fiery Greatsword cooldown to 120 from 180 seconds.

-Improve visibility between allies’ and enemies’ conjured weapon.

-Drastically reduce the delay to pick up Conjured Weapon (or Bundles) when already on the floor.

Conjure Earth Shield

Passive stats : -Remove vitality from the passive stat gains since it is immediately lost when the Conjured Weapon is discarded.

-Add Concentration (20% boon duration) to the passive stat pool.

Stone Sheath : Increase radius to 360. Each enemy hit grants two seconds of Retaliation. Reduce cooldown to 5 seconds from 8.

Magnetic Surge : Add a Leap Finisher to the skill.

Crippling Shield : Add a Projectile Finisher to the skill.

Lightning Hammer

Static Field : Allow the wielder to move while casting. Allow to target the field in the area instead of a Point Blank Area, 600 range.

Wind Blast : Improve damage to match Guardian Hammer’s Banish.

Auto Attack : Reduce auto attack windup to match the indicated cast time.

Conjure Flame Axe

Ring of Fire : Update this Ring of Fire to match the current iteration of Ring of Fire on Dagger.

Auto-Attack : Rework the auto attack to include a chain in melee, which could include some evade frames.

Conjure Ice Bow

Auto Attack : Completely rework the auto-attack. Fire a shard of ice that shatters on impact, Bleeding and dealing extra damage to enemies behind the impact. 1 stack of bleed for 3 seconds, 320 (0,6) damage ; 2 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds, 384 (0.72) damage to target behind. 900 range.

Frost Fan : Increase chill duration to 2 seconds from 1 seconds (to compensate the chill stack limit). Struck enemies and allies now leave a regenerative mist on impact that pulse heal every seconds for 204 (0,2) over 3 seconds.

Ice Storm : Do an evasive leap away from target area while shooting a volatile shard of ice. Detonate midair for multiple explosions of ice. Detonates into 5 shards that cripple and bleeds.

BUG FIXES

Elemental Enchantment Fix the issue causing the overload cooldown to reset back to 20 seconds when swapping out of the element causing the overload.

Written in Stones Fix the issue causing signets buff duration not matching the signet cooldown due to the aftercast. Aftercast duration now adds to the buff duration.

Tempest Defense Fix the issue that prevents Lightning Rod from receiving the damage increase portion to disabled target. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3x9941/lightning_rod_is_not_working_properly_video_proof/)

Lightning Rod Fix the issue that causes the lightning strike to be blocked or dodged upon sucessfully interrupting a dodging or blocking target. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3x9941/lightning_rod_is_not_working_properly_video_proof/)

+1

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Kind of like that ENTIRE YEAR they let ele be completely unusable….only to make no substantive changes before buffing cele and brining back cleansing water? So…can you explain to me how Anet is different now than they were then? Did they magically learn what the problem was when they figured out exactly NOTHING during that year? Eles are PO’d because, not only have they completely lost faith in Anet’s ability to understand eles and make intelligent changes, they KNOW that Anet will do the wrong thing given the opportunity.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.”

Like what they have done to mesmer every single balance patch. Buff to viable → nerf to oblivion → buff other classes that fill the same role

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Eles are definitively not dead! making that affirmation only shows the lack of creativity and ability to think outside the box to come with a build on your own and not copy paste from websites after being prooved affective.

Not only ele is still alive but with the new amulets it’s more dangerous (as of increased damage output) while keeping the option to be played as a bunker or keep its survibality as best.

I main ele, and kinda the only class I play and can tell than the DS nerf will only change the playstyle and opens many other alternatives that can be as effective and best of all doesn’t stop workinking under the 90% or even the 75% life. Won’t go into details but if boon corruption will be a thing on the new meta, ele can potentially become the counter after all is maybe the most versatile of all classes.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Ele is dead

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

ele is always adaptable. It just happens that build diversity is constantly hindered and eles are usually forced into water. If they can make it into the new meta i don´t know. It´s to be feared that only fresh air can do it.

Ele is dead

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

ele is always adaptable. It just happens that build diversity is constantly hindered and eles are usually forced into water. If they can make it into the new meta i don´t know. It´s to be feared that only fresh air can do it.

Mark my words, I foresee the new elementalist as a fire elementalist.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Mark my words, I foresee the new elementalist as a fire elementalist.

Far too early for any declarations, we still haven’t seen all of the changes that are coming.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

I read that the duration of auras would be nerfed but they didn’t say anything about the duration of boons applied by each aura. It just means the magnetic, frost, shocking auras will be shorter.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Eles are definitively not dead! making that affirmation only shows the lack of creativity and ability to think outside the box to come with a build on your own and not copy paste from websites after being prooved affective.

Not only ele is still alive but with the new amulets it’s more dangerous (as of increased damage output) while keeping the option to be played as a bunker or keep its survibality as best.

I main ele, and kinda the only class I play and can tell than the DS nerf will only change the playstyle and opens many other alternatives that can be as effective and best of all doesn’t stop workinking under the 90% or even the 75% life. Won’t go into details but if boon corruption will be a thing on the new meta, ele can potentially become the counter after all is maybe the most versatile of all classes.

I wanna know how you become a counter to boon corrupt on 10 sec cd + AA when you depend on your boons to survive and have no way of preventing the necro from doing so. Oh wait, you do, you can just die to his condi burst.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Reaper is already one of the strongest ele enemies. It will get worse with the added corrupt and no cele. Ele lives from his protection boon. If this is corrupted he falls.
I personaly mainly use might and protection. Weakness and vulnerability is not such a big deal for me but loosing the boons can be devasting.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Elementalist even now before patch is dropping out of meta. In this week ESL pro league, of 70 players there was only 2 elementalist, and that 2 was in 2 bottom teams that lost all matches in pro league.

Ele is dead

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

I love these, you don’t know anything, you are not creative, accusers?

Where you around when Celestial Amu was a joke and Ele shot out for 1 year from any significant PVP. It was so bad that people asked you switch toons when you were in a match.

Well my friend, with the removal of the Celestial Amulet we are exactly in the same place. Fool me once, it is on me, fool me twice, no thank you.

There are people in the forums who are trying to sell their 13K HP WvWvW builds as the salvation of the Ele. Go to top players and ask about their opinions about playing 13K HP 0 toughness build in competitive PVP, I wonder what sort of an answer you will get.

There is only one potential amu that can work, Power/Condi/Toughness/Vitality but they are already saying in the slightest sign that it will be viable it is going to be removed.

So very bright days they are forecasted for Ele.

Ele is dead

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

To answer the two questions …

@Laraley: been testing it this week and it’s by switching to fire traitline.
Play style becomes more active and will be dealing much more damage than with celestial amulet making figts in the new meta somewhat faster. But, to be specific you can counter 10s cd corruption with Burning fire (for first cast, backfiring into 3 stacks of burning +blind if traited) cover them up with a shout (weakness if traited + effect of aura)… upcoming conditions will be dealt with new DS + shouts (trooper rune (survibability complement) … second cast will be covered with ether renewal while you recover whatever damage you’ve taken so far, after 20 seconds, some auras should be out of cd, .. then you cover 3rd corrupt with cleansing fire(because armor of earth won’t make sense on a corrupt meta), for another backfire that you can cover to finish off the fight … if you made it right even the fight lastes forever your burning fire will be ready for another full rotation. (Note that this doesn’t lock you on any element, and even if your boons get corrupted you can reapply them quicly with any aura even if knocked) … for this I recomend

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

working pretty well with burning and D/D giving enough survivability with the trooper runes.

@postumecaver: That’s an easy question. Back in the day we didn’t have the amulets they will be replacing celestial one with:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-to-PvP-Runes-Sigils-Amulets/first

Aside of that, now there’s the tempest and auras and protections are strong with us…. or you doubt of ele bulkiness? don’t credit all the bulkiness to celestial amulet, even if you do, new amulets are as fine.

Ele is dead

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

Play style becomes more active and will be dealing much more damage than with celestial amulet making figts in the new meta somewhat faster. But, to be specific you can counter 10s cd corruption with Burning fire (for first cast, backfiring into 3 stacks of burning +blind if traited) cover them up with a shout (weakness if traited + effect of aura)… upcoming conditions will be dealt with new DS + shouts (trooper rune (survibability complement) … second cast will be covered with ether renewal while you recover whatever damage you’ve taken so far, after 20 seconds, some auras should be out of cd, .. then you cover 3rd corrupt with cleansing fire(because armor of earth won’t make sense on a corrupt meta), for another backfire that you can cover to finish off the fight … if you made it right even the fight lastes forever your burning fire will be ready for another full rotation. (Note that this doesn’t lock you on any element, and even if your boons get corrupted you can reapply them quicly with any aura even if knocked) … for this I recomend

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

working pretty well with burning and D/D giving enough survivability with the trooper runes.

@postumecaver: That’s an easy question. Back in the day we didn’t have the amulets they will be replacing celestial one with:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-to-PvP-Runes-Sigils-Amulets/first

Aside of that, now there’s the tempest and auras and protections are strong with us…. or you doubt of ele bulkiness? don’t credit all the bulkiness to celestial amulet, even if you do, new amulets are as fine.

You know D/D Ele had %60 protection uptime with E/W/A, but that didn’t saved Ele in those times isn’kitten So Tempest has no magic bullet that bringing %100 protection up-time, specially when you have necro corrupting your boons or thiefs/mesmer/revenants removing it. What do you have when you don’t have protection, paper armor?

For a class that has 11K and light armor toughness/vitally/healing is a combination you can’t give up for Ele, vitality/toughness without healing is worthless because you can’t replenish your health, you don’t believe me, look to the state of the Warrior.

Vitality/Healing is worthless because everything hits like truck, you don’t believe me look to the people who is trying to play S/F Fresh Air with Marauder Amulet, which is basically the same crap we will get, do you see it that stereotype played other then some outstanding Ele players and I am sure most of them just play it because they don’t want to play META crap.

But wait one more week then you will also personally experience it.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

I don’t think you understand the point at all. You’re not countering the boon corrupt, you’re cleansing the conditions that will be applied. Ele depends on boons to survive, having them removed is the main issue even though conditions will be an issue for ele, too. If you plan on using Ether renewal, good luck with that. Any decent player will interrupt it each time you try to cast it.

Sure, you can reapply boons, but all your playstyle will be about trying to survive and that’s not gonna happen with light class with zero toughness.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

no cele amulet and if you rip protection ele is dead.

Ele is dead

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

@Posthumecaver: 60% was definitively not enough, specially with paper as you mentioned, 100% prot is not hard now because tempest does have the magic bullet, you can reapply prot by applying auras, overloading, switching to earth, etc. About toughness is only effective againist power builds… protection is still enough to keep them at bay if you heal time to time, yet, if that and auras are not enough vs certain matchups you can now use stone heart and mitigate even more damage… not needed tho, is not like you’ll try to keep being a bunker just defending yourself.

@Laraley: Yes, its countering them! besides clearing the conditions, it’s adding even more conditions on them, the boon stripping downtime is really meaningless because by casting one Aura you get them all back … cd of the 3 auras comming from shouts alone excels boon corrupting cd (10 secs), add to them the boons you get by overloading, auras on hit, and the ones on skill bars. … . now, if you are scared of a necro spamming auto attacks…. the problem is another…

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Good.

Hope it enjoys the cold grave.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Ele is dead

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

@Posthumecaver: 60% was definitively not enough, specially with paper as you mentioned, 100% prot is not hard now because tempest does have the magic bullet, you can reapply prot by applying auras, overloading, switching to earth, etc. About toughness is only effective againist power builds… protection is still enough to keep them at bay if you heal time to time, yet, if that and auras are not enough vs certain matchups you can now use stone heart and mitigate even more damage… not needed tho, is not like you’ll try to keep being a bunker just defending yourself.

@Laraley: Yes, its countering them! besides clearing the conditions, it’s adding even more conditions on them, the boon stripping downtime is really meaningless because by casting one Aura you get them all back … cd of the 3 auras comming from shouts alone excels boon corrupting cd (10 secs), add to them the boons you get by overloading, auras on hit, and the ones on skill bars. … . now, if you are scared of a necro spamming auto attacks…. the problem is another…

Even with tempest %100 protection is not possible, specially people going for vigor/regen or weakness traits instead of stability because Tempest Aura are not there if u can’t complete the Overload cast (and the Elemental Shielding providing no protection), which is even with 1 stack of stability is not guarantee the way CC is spammed in this game, so no, Tempest has no magic bullet.

And if you go for Stone Heart instead of Diamond Skin would you have enough condi cleanse? I highly doubt it.