Ele is dead

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

@Posthumecaver: 60% was definitively not enough, specially with paper as you mentioned, 100% prot is not hard now because tempest does have the magic bullet, you can reapply prot by applying auras, overloading, switching to earth, etc. About toughness is only effective againist power builds… protection is still enough to keep them at bay if you heal time to time, yet, if that and auras are not enough vs certain matchups you can now use stone heart and mitigate even more damage… not needed tho, is not like you’ll try to keep being a bunker just defending yourself.

@Laraley: Yes, its countering them! besides clearing the conditions, it’s adding even more conditions on them, the boon stripping downtime is really meaningless because by casting one Aura you get them all back … cd of the 3 auras comming from shouts alone excels boon corrupting cd (10 secs), add to them the boons you get by overloading, auras on hit, and the ones on skill bars. … . now, if you are scared of a necro spamming auto attacks…. the problem is another…

Even with tempest %100 protection is not possible, specially people going for vigor/regen or weakness traits instead of stability because Tempest Aura are not there if u can’t complete the Overload cast (and the Elemental Shielding providing no protection), which is even with 1 stack of stability is not guarantee the way CC is spammed in this game, so no, Tempest has no magic bullet.

And if you go for Stone Heart instead of Diamond Skin would you have enough condi cleanse? I highly doubt it.

Earth oveload has full stability, and the protection lasts until you can cast it again… of course, I recognize you can be caught out of a rotation, or sometimes you have to heal due to focuss, and in those cases is hard to play your rotations normally and can be caught out of prot… we are not unmortal after all, my point is, the removal of cele amulet doesn’t change this… with protection we are fine, without it we are not… cele amulet or not.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

@Posthumecaver: 60% was definitively not enough, specially with paper as you mentioned, 100% prot is not hard now because tempest does have the magic bullet, you can reapply prot by applying auras, overloading, switching to earth, etc. About toughness is only effective againist power builds… protection is still enough to keep them at bay if you heal time to time, yet, if that and auras are not enough vs certain matchups you can now use stone heart and mitigate even more damage… not needed tho, is not like you’ll try to keep being a bunker just defending yourself.

@Laraley: Yes, its countering them! besides clearing the conditions, it’s adding even more conditions on them, the boon stripping downtime is really meaningless because by casting one Aura you get them all back … cd of the 3 auras comming from shouts alone excels boon corrupting cd (10 secs), add to them the boons you get by overloading, auras on hit, and the ones on skill bars. … . now, if you are scared of a necro spamming auto attacks…. the problem is another…

Even with tempest %100 protection is not possible, specially people going for vigor/regen or weakness traits instead of stability because Tempest Aura are not there if u can’t complete the Overload cast (and the Elemental Shielding providing no protection), which is even with 1 stack of stability is not guarantee the way CC is spammed in this game, so no, Tempest has no magic bullet.

And if you go for Stone Heart instead of Diamond Skin would you have enough condi cleanse? I highly doubt it.

Earth oveload has full stability, and the protection lasts until you can cast it again… of course, I recognize you can be caught out of a rotation, or sometimes you have to heal due to focuss, and in those cases is hard to play your rotations normally and can be caught out of prot… we are not unmortal after all, my point is, the removal of cele amulet doesn’t change this… with protection we are fine, without it we are not… cele amulet or not.

Is not that easy to overload an attunement, you are so vulnerable and is an double-edged weapon, overloads will be pretty much dead next season with the change of the meta, you just can’t cast an overload when anyone could kill you in 2 hits. (not complaining about a faster meta, I actually like it, but overloads will be useless in that case).

Ele is dead

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

Is not that easy to overload an attunement, you are so vulnerable and is an double-edged weapon, overloads will be pretty much dead next season with the change of the meta, you just can’t cast an overload when anyone could kill you in 2 hits. (not complaining about a faster meta, I actually like it, but overloads will be useless in that case).

Agree, it’s quite hard currently will be even worst… currently I usually use armor of earth to overload, but if boon corruption becomes a thing, kinda have to either get rid of it or time it well, 10s is a rather small window.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

if a single amulet remove is “destroying” your class, then you probably have to admit you were carried by that specific amulet, wich means you have been slacking during all this time not trying different and more hardcore builds, i.e ele players don’t take that high skill they are selling to us, and they have been competitive only thx to a build. If you was a really decent group of players, you will adapt and learn to play!!

Ele is dead

in PvP

Khainz.6215

if a single amulet remove is “destroying” your class, then you probably have to admit you were carried by that specific amulet, wich means you have been slacking during all this time not trying different and more hardcore builds, i.e ele players don’t take that high skill they are selling to us, and they have been competitive only thx to a build. If you was a really decent group of players, you will adapt and learn to play!!

You clearly don’t like elementalist too much haha, but I think is like that.

With the info Anet gave us about the nerfs/buffs of elementalists and the amulets rework we only can conclude that if you are a good enough player, you only can survive in this wild jungle, nevermind keep in the meta, Ele’s are the warriors of this season. You wouldn’t make any better because you haven’t any resource to shine and feel in a good position if you compare with a Thief or a Revenant. Just to show you how it would be, the Arcane shield what used to be a pretty good spell (pre HoT ofc) could be rekt by Unrelenting Assault and land you 4/5K damage easily.

Many weapons and spells are too old and useless compared with the new Rev’s spells and unfortunately Elementalist was always relying in a single build, and now is just too old and useless, most of the utilitaries of Ele’s are now too old and useless.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Khainz.6215

BY THE WAY! I fould this somewhere and is pretty much like a Deja vu.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Yes, I think you figured it out. Not a single ele is skilled enough to make a build without celestial amulet viable. All elementalists including all those top players should just go and learn to play clearly.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

ele isn’t dead. it’s just that no ele wants to actually play something balanced and skill-oriented after being spoiled with celestial and the various other mechanics that have led elementalist to be at the top of every meta for the past two years. power elementalist will more than likely be fine, it’s just that you’re going to have to start actually thinking about how to play actively defensively rather than letting your build do that automatically for you.

sorry your absurd and relatively mindless synergy with Sigil of Energy is now gone.
sorry your amulet with 25-30% more stats than all others is now gone.
sorry for not being sorry.

Ele is dead

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

The salt is strong with some people, we have been mostly discussing viability, pros and cons of the changes, trying to adapt and foresee what is comming up our legs…. yes it will require more skills to play ele which is good for us, now people who pick eles will be the skilled ones enriching the class with more strategies other than survive and overload.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Even with the shatterstone buff?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

Yes, I think you figured it out. Not a single ele is skilled enough to make a build without celestial amulet viable. All elementalists including all those top players should just go and learn to play clearly.

I didnt said that, i said ele are slackers cuz they have been carried by an amulet for a year+, and i dont see a single ele trying something different.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

no cele amulet and if you rip protection ele is dead.

Without Protection, I get critted by revenant sword auto (Rift Slash) for 4.5k routinely without protection up. Then, followed it, I get the explosion for 33% of that damage. This means an auto-attack hitting for a total of 6k.

So yeah… Kill first or get killed since it is impossible to stop good revenants with perma stability.

Alerie Despins

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I didnt said that, i said ele are slackers cuz they have been carried by an amulet for a year+, and i dont see a single ele trying something different.

You must be trolling.

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

You must be trolling.

Tried without too much success. All dps traits on elementalist are awful (Do you know one grandmaster on Fire that is worthwhile, unique, or worth to build around?), or bugged to uselessness (Lighting Rod bugged for over a year). Or Tempest without offensive grandmaster traits (only one of the trait is good).

Alerie Despins

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

I think ele is OK now, removing celestial is a good move.

but

removing other amulets is a mistake
ele without any tanky amulets will die immediately against any other classes
it will be pure class cannon then…

let me explain:
- agains revenants – their direct damage so big today, ele 1v1 will die as soon as his defencive abilities will be on CD -30s-40s
- against Reapers – same, when condy removal on CD ele will die; reaper too strong as condy dps + wells CC + direct damage power pressure;
etc.

Let players to choose: DPS – new runes; or SUPPORT / just remove celestial, keep others;

Also just make analysis in your pvp logs to understand: why people rarely win today in spvp without tempest trait line? because ele too weak without tempest;
After HoT we tried to play without tempest trai – it’s impossible!

Today: tempest + auras + earth + tanky runes give good survvability to ele;

if you will remove ALL tanky runes, then you FORCE all eles to use tempest only, or ele will be totally useless;

Options to solve the issue:

1) removing tanky runes please buff other traits lines (non tempest)
or
2) remove celestial amulet only: it will give possibility for playes to choose: tanky ele with small dps, or high DPS glass cannon – fair enough.

(edited by Lich King.1524)

Ele is dead

in PvP

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Btw, on last ESL Pro league, nobody play ele,
just revenants, messmers, necros, sometimes rangers…

So after this nerf I can predict nobody will play ele anymore without tempest traits.