Ele, mes, thief .. OP in tPvP.. Here's why

in PvP

Posted by: fakeblood.2576

fakeblood.2576

Because when they down they can not be instantly stomped from stability and such… + a thief in this team can shadow refuge if the downed class had already used its number 2

I’ve watched this from the top team running 2 mesmers 2 eles 1 thief.. Impossible to beat team

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

lol. You saw a team do well and so all of the classes are OP. Maybe they were just a good team.

in PvP

fakeblood.2576

Lol no they are the top team in NA right now.. Doesn’t make them OP but this is why they use these classes

in PvP

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

shadow refuge is some srs buns.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

SR is certainly a nice healing tool, but if you know where the downed player was before the stealth went up, it’s near useless. The thief can’t move while rez’ing, so all you have to do is stand over where the downed player was and just spam 1 as much as possible. Once stealth goes off, you’ll have two downed if not dead players.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Engineer spamming grenades in a refuge. All the players reviving and the downed player is going to die.

SR is not that good. It is just a target for engi to spam grenades at.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Reveaux.5720

Reveaux.5720

The funny thing is, I know who your talking about LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Argon.7150

Argon.7150

ur talking about the team Etiani , lys , luci puff, The happy kid, + 1 ele i think was amber…. Not OP at all …. the comp has many weaknesses built in it. 2 mesmer 2 ele thief… has many weaknesses if u think it through u will find it.

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Just because people play well doesn’t mean that their classes are OP.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Just because people play well doesn’t mean that their classes are OP.

Can’t +1 your comment enough :/

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.4157

Phantom.4157

We do well for one night, and someone makes a QQ post about the wrong reasons why the comp would be considered strong. Re-evaluate your loss and realize that our downstate abilities probably didn’t cause you to lose.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

The comp that you described is not OP by any means…sorry to break it to you.

Any good group with a bunker guardian + backpoint will render that comp useless.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

fakeblood.2576

The comp that you described is not OP by any means…sorry to break it to you.

Any good group with a bunker guardian + backpoint will render that comp useless.

you clearly havent vsed this group..

and when i did both mesmers just shattered the “bunker guard” to bits.. im not saying the comp is op im saying they pick these classes because in the downstate u can not be stomped instantly

in PvP

fakeblood.2576

We do well for one night, and someone makes a QQ post about the wrong reasons why the comp would be considered strong. Re-evaluate your loss and realize that our downstate abilities probably didn’t cause you to lose.

actually it did… failed to stomp one of you multiple times in mid fight due to fast rezzing and be able to move with number 2… another thing when it did come close to stomping one of you. the thief shadow refuged.

that was the only reason. Trust

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Thief downed state needs longer cooldowns in between abilities. It’s pretty stupid you’re pretty much forced to DPS the thief down in downed state instead of the futile effort that is trying to stomp him.

At least the mesmer is just a delay on the stomp but the second stomp attempt can’t be foiled.

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

I’m gonna go ahead and call this a whine post. You got beat. Don’t come to the forums and whine. My team has lost to these guys as well and they are a really solid team. Why? Not because of the classes but because they play well. The rotate well, they team rez well and they know when to get the heck out of a fight that isn’t going well.

When we get beat by a team it makes us want to learn from our mistakes and see what we could have done differently. I love when we lose to a team only to face them again and win because we adapted.

Don’t come to the forums and whine about downed states. That’s honestly just pretty lame.

in PvP

fakeblood.2576

I’m gonna go ahead and call this a whine post. You got beat. Don’t come to the forums and whine. My team has lost to these guys as well and they are a really solid team. Why? Not because of the classes but because they play well. The rotate well, they team rez well and they know when to get the heck out of a fight that isn’t going well.

When we get beat by a team it makes us want to learn from our mistakes and see what we could have done differently. I love when we lose to a team only to face them again and win because we adapted.

Don’t come to the forums and whine about downed states. That’s honestly just pretty lame.

You are a fool I’m not whining about anything.. I think it is brilliant how a team like this has thought this through and is doing so well together . GG to them.. It has made me rethink how I tPvP now I just wanted to express to the forums how great this idea is. I use the term OP as in good and not as in over powered. It really makes a difference not being able to be stomped instantly.

Pulls knock backs all that good stuff is great but being able to give the extra seconds and not get stomped because you yourself are doing something compared to another class that would have just gotten stomped. It’s pretty smart.

in PvP

Phantom.4157

actually it did… failed to stomp one of you multiple times in mid fight due to fast rezzing and be able to move with number 2… another thing when it did come close to stomping one of you. the thief shadow refuged.

that was the only reason. Trust

You’re clearly too focused on stomping. Poison then DPS thief and mesmer downed bodies. Theyre squishy. If shadow refuge goes down. Pull or knock them out of refuge. If you can’t do so, DPS on top of the refuge.

If you can’t secure a stomp, making sure you have damage on the body can also secure a stomp and secure a team fight win.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in PvP

Zenith.7301

And for that you either need an engineer or ele to have enough aoe pressure against a shadow refuge rez. Not all classes have great nontargeted aoe sustained.

The time in which that thief gets worn down is time he’s pelting maybe low targets for a good bit and in a close fight that thief can prolong enough to down someone else. In any other case a guy with stability would have long stomped someone.

in PvP

Phantom.4157

And for that you either need an engineer or ele to have enough aoe pressure against a shadow refuge rez. Not all classes have great nontargeted aoe sustained.

The time in which that thief gets worn down is time he’s pelting maybe low targets for a good bit and in a close fight that thief can prolong enough to down someone else. In any other case a guy with stability would have long stomped someone.

Engi nades.
Ele earth/fire attunement.
Thief poison/cluster bomb.
Mesmer curtain pull/shatter.
Guardian knockbacks.
Necro unblockable marks.
Ranger pet fear.

These are examples of good ways to deal with shadow refuge ressing, across professions.
In regards to your comment about a thief pelting at a low target… He’ll reveal himself out of refuge if he does so. Every class can do DPS/CC around the body at that point.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

just aoe like crazy, thieves, mesmers and elementalists are pretty easy to dps down once downed…

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Engi nades.
Guardian knockbacks.
Necro unblockable marks.
Ranger pet fear.

These are examples of good ways to deal with shadow refuge ressing, across professions.
In regards to your comment about a thief pelting at a low target… He’ll reveal himself out of refuge if he does so. Every class can do DPS/CC around the body at that point.

Necro marks hardly outdamage the healing rate of someone being rezzed or pressure anyone. 3 stacks of bleeding doesn’t kill or stop anyone from rezzing.

Shatter needs a target to activate. inside the shadow refuge. It’s not ground targeted.

The pelting comment is unrelated to shadow refuge. It’s related to thief downed state pretty much forcing people to waste time DPSing them down because it’s never worth it to go for the stomp on a thief.

Yes, ele mist form is also silly, mesmer downed less so — but the fact is that after the first attempt you can stomp them safely. That’s not the case with the thief. He’s got the best downed state in the game. And all 3 of these classes have answers against stability stomps.

in PvP

Phantom.4157

Engi nades.
Guardian knockbacks.
Necro unblockable marks.
Ranger pet fear.

Necro marks hardly outdamage the healing rate of someone being rezzed or pressure anyone. 3 stacks of bleeding doesn’t kill or stop anyone from rezzing.

Shatter needs a target to activate. inside the shadow refuge. It’s not ground targeted.

The pelting comment is unrelated to shadow refuge. It’s related to thief downed state pretty much forcing people to waste time DPSing them down because it’s never worth it to go for the stomp on a thief.

Yes, ele mist form is also silly, mesmer downed less so — but the fact is that after the first attempt you can stomp them safely. That’s not the case with the thief. He’s got the best downed state in the game. And all 3 of these classes have answers against stability stomps.

1. When I mention necro marks, I’m especially referring to the fear mark. It’s not always about DPS’ing the refuge. It’s about getting them OUT of the refuge.

2. There’s a reason why I mentioned mesmer pull before shatter.

3. If you were unaware of this, you can literally avoid thief downstate #1 by strafing side to side, just as you can avoid shortbow #1 now.

Thief downed may be the hardest to stomp, but it’s the squishiest and easiest to DPS. It’s also the hardest to res when under pressure from dps/cc. If your opposing team is able to res a downed thief, there clearly wasn’t enough pressure on the downed body.

If there’s a thief on your team, he should be able to secure a first attempt stomp on the opposing thief with shadowstep or infiltrators signet. Some other classes can perform similar actions.

Luci Lee | Thief R51 |

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Engi nades.
Guardian knockbacks.
Necro unblockable marks.
Ranger pet fear.

1. When I mention necro marks, I’m especially referring to the fear mark. It’s not always about DPS’ing the refuge. It’s about getting them OUT of the refuge.

2. There’s a reason why I mentioned mesmer pull before shatter.

3. If you were unaware of this, you can literally avoid thief downstate #1 by strafing side to side, just as you can avoid shortbow #1 now.

Thief downed may be the hardest to stomp, but it’s the squishiest and easiest to DPS. It’s also the hardest to res when under pressure from dps/cc. If your opposing team is able to res a downed thief, there clearly wasn’t enough pressure on the downed body.

If there’s a thief on your team, he should be able to secure a first attempt stomp on the opposing thief with shadowstep or infiltrators signet. Some other classes can perform similar actions.

Fair enough points, but the fear mark is on a fairly long cd and not necessarily up.

Also, necro downed state is bugged and they have 33% less hp than they should because in beta they used to have shroud incorporated into the downed state, and when they took that out they never fixed the discrepancy.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Downstate n stomping is a big part of the game , learn to save stability lol

[WM]give us in game ladder