Ele's stun breakers

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

So you take stun breakers out of useful skills to give it to useless skills? Remove it from cleansing fire or lightning flash but not from both for gods sake, now cleansing fire which was already rarely used (everyone picks earth armor) will be not used at all, and everyone will just be using armor of earth instead. Remove it from that instead of cleansing fire =/

Also, no one will use signet of air nor glyph of elemental power considering how bad they are, not even with a stun breaker, i mean the only reason someone would use it would be for the stun breaker not for the effect.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

personally i used flash more often than any other cantrip (coming from LoL) so now im very sad with this change

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Actually this is a welcomed change!
And I guess that glyph of elemental powers will become instant now; with the buff to weakness this is more than good!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

And I guess that glyph of elemental powers will become instant now; with the buff to weakness this is more than good!

I’m actually kind of sad (i’m a hipster ) because i had a build with GoEP but now everyone will use it. Cast time was actually one of the biggest things i didn’t like about it. Soo, atleast we get something.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Yeah, LF was my favorite cantrip too.

But I’m having a feeling about GoEP still not being insta-cast now that it’s a stunbreaker… o.o

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I’m actually kind of sad (i’m a hipster ) because i had a build with GoEP but now everyone will use it. Cast time was actually one of the biggest things i didn’t like about it. Soo, atleast we get something.

I tried GoEP before too but the ICD just killed me!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Yeah, LF was my favorite cantrip too.

But I’m having a feeling about GoEP still not being insta-cast now that it’s a stunbreaker… o.o

Yeah that would be right-out stupid if it isn’t instant cast…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Defyx.3956

Defyx.3956

Stunbreaker switch from arcane light or cleansing fire to GoEP could actually be nice coz the weakness buff fosters the use of it (at least in a bunker pov, i don’t think a dps ele should rely on it for its survability) and this change allows not to give up to a stunbreaker.
This is a bad change for all dps ele who prefer lf over mistform tho but lf will still be instant so you still can use it while stun to go away (as thief sword 2 or mesmer staff) so it’s not such a big deal
Anyway the patch isn’t out yet so..

Dr Hehz-Ele

(edited by Defyx.3956)

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Based on the leaked notes, Lightning Flash is going to deal 50% more damage and recharge 5s faster. This is really cool for offensive eles, and as long as it remains instant, it’ll still work like a pseudo sun breaker.

Cleansing Fire was mostly used for condition removal. If it’s now going to recharge 10s faster, then it’ll be a stronger condition removal skill.

All cantrips being stun-breakers was also problematic. This should make other skills stronger while slightly nerfing (or not) cantrip eles.

Signet of Air already had a good passive, and now the active is going to be worth it. I’m not sure if that’s going to make a big difference to signets as a whole, though, but it’s a start.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

yay for less triple cantrip eles!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

hharry.1967

They are just making eles have less stun breakers than mesmers (actually they already did) and thieves, being weaker. How can they survive with just 1 stun breaker? No one is gonna use glyph of elemental power and signet of air i dont really think so, because eles needs to focus on defense and survival due to their low hp.

How i see it, they took a lot, and gave nothing in return. Not to mention making already op classes more op (mesmers)

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

So you take stun breakers out of useful skills to give it to useless skills? Remove it from cleansing fire or lightning flash but not from both for gods sake, now cleansing fire which was already rarely used (everyone picks earth armor) will be not used at all, and everyone will just be using armor of earth instead. Remove it from that instead of cleansing fire =/

Also, no one will use signet of air nor glyph of elemental power considering how bad they are, not even with a stun breaker, i mean the only reason someone would use it would be for the stun breaker not for the effect.

The change feels appropriate. Why does Cleansing Fire have to break stuns on top of wiping away conditions, putting a condition on nearby opponents (fire), and granting regeneration and vigor if traited, and all on a super short cooldown for a cantrip. Same with Lightning Flash. These skills already offer a hyper-abundance of usefulness; the stun break on top of everything else is just silly when other abilities are screaming for balance in usefulness.

That, my friend, is gluttony.

(edited by zone.1073)

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Changing lightning flash was a terrible change, and putting the stun breaking on GoEP doesn’t make any sense. GoEP is an ability you use all the time to apply conditions. Having it as a stun breaker is de/rpy to say the least.

Moving the stun breaker from CF to signet of air is something I’ve suggested in the past, but it should be changed to a condition clear like signet of stamina. Removing 3 conditions is simply flat out weaker than other comparable utilities.

The change feels appropriate. Why does Cleansing Fire have to break stuns on top of wiping away conditions, putting a condition on nearby opponents (fire), and granting regeneration and vigor if traited, and all on a super short cooldown for a cantrip. Same with Lightning Flash. These skills already offer a hyper-abundance of usefulness; the stun break on top of everything else is just silly when other abilities are screaming for balance in usefulness.

That, my friend, is gluttony.

When did 50 seconds become a super short cooldown?

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

^“For a cantrip” is also a weak reason. It’s the skill’s effect that reasons the cooldown, not the type. What new effect is that now? Cleanse 3 conditions and short burn on nearby enemies. Practically just Prayer to Kormir with a bit of offense. Not overly strong of a skill on a a class that’s already heavy in condition removal.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Many moons ago I used to use Armour of earth & any random signet, but after getting sick of being immobilised, eventually swapped signet to Cleansing fire as nothing else removes immobilised from Ele` (never once used it for the AoE fire or the removal of conditions).

Has this changed? Both armour of earth & CF only say removes stun, no mention of immobilised states.

If the “leaked notes” are correct, then will we no longer have any way to remove immobilised state?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Many moons ago I used to use Armour of earth & any random signet, but after getting sick of being immobilised, eventually swapped signet to Cleansing fire as nothing else removes immobilised from Ele` (never once used it for the AoE fire or the removal of conditions).

Has this changed? Both armour of earth & CF only say removes stun, no mention of immobilised states.

If the “leaked notes” are correct, then will we no longer have any way to remove immobilised state?

yes, you will now have to learn how to dodge immobilizing skills. bummer.
it shouldnt be since you still get near perma vigor np

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Navzar.2938

Immobilization is just another condition. Any condition removal can remove it.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

ok, to the complainers, let’s turn it around.
you have to choose 1 cantrip, 1 glyph, and 1 signet to be the new set of stun breakers.
which would -you- choose and why?

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Fishbait.6723

I didn`t think immobilised was considered as a condi, are you sure?
If it was, it has never once been removed when I`ve swapped to water (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Wave)
Traited or spell usage.

That combined with we don`t get a box pop up asking which we`d prefer removed..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

They are just making eles have less stun breakers than mesmers (actually they already did) and thieves, being weaker. How can they survive with just 1 stun breaker? No one is gonna use glyph of elemental power and signet of air i dont really think so, because eles needs to focus on defense and survival due to their low hp.

How i see it, they took a lot, and gave nothing in return. Not to mention making already op classes more op (mesmers)

Okay well number one none of our stun breakers give us any boons. All they do is break stuns. So really cantrips like others have said break stuns grant regen/vigor and can either teleport to and blind/burn nearby enemies not to mention one of them grants stability. I mean seriously when armor of earth traited gives you stability-protection-regen-vigor and breaks stun you don’t think they wouldn’t consider doing something about that. Also FYI none of mesmer condi cleanses break stun.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Navzar.2938

If it was, it has never once been removed when I`ve swapped to water (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Wave)
Traited or spell usage.

I’m nearly certain it is. We can even meet in spvp to test it out if you want.

As for what condition is removed, I’m think it goes in order of what you see on your screen. Although I don’t remember if it goes from left to right or right to left. Probably whatever was applied first. (I wonder if boon stripping works the same way?)

As for the cantrips giving 5sec regen+vigor thing. Really guys, that’s a trait, you have to keep that in consideration.
Boons on stun breakers’ base function, or other nice effects isn’t something special, it’s actually very common. Especially considering that usually means much longer cd, armor of earth being 90 seconds.

Individually the cantrips aren’t OP. It’s just that they were all packed into the same place, so the supporting traits buffed all of the stun breaks rather than just one stun break as you’d see on other professions. In regards to mesmers specifically, sure you only have one stun break that gives a boon, but your nicer stun breaks grant clones, which is similar to granting a boon.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

hharry.1967

Okay well number one none of our stun breakers give us any boons. All they do is break stuns. So really cantrips like others have said break stuns grant regen/vigor and can either teleport to and blind/burn nearby enemies not to mention one of them grants stability. I mean seriously when armor of earth traited gives you stability-protection-regen-vigor and breaks stun you don’t think they wouldn’t consider doing something about that. Also FYI none of mesmer condi cleanses break stun.

A mesmer complaining… please.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

Stating facts mate. No Mesmer stun breaker does anything other than… break stuns… With the x/x/x/30/30 build ele cantrips can currently break stuns grant a ton of boons (depending on the cantrip) cure a condition AND in some cases burn/blind enemies…. Add to it that when eles grant regen to themselves it also cures a condition and then cantrips grant regen. It synergizes nicely but pretty much in some cases you have one skill (lets take cleansing fire) that does the following.
1. Break Stun
2. Burn Foes (highest damage multiplier for conditions in game)
3. Grant 2 boons
4. Cures 4 conditions since you also get the bonus from cleansing water….

And you are telling me you don’t see this as too strong?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

..OP…have you actually ever used GoEP?
Point 1- possibly now it’ll be instant cast..wow
Point 2- phoenix will have double speed
Point 3- you can treat for reduced glyph CD, elite at 92s and GoEP at 36 duration 30s
Point 4- start in earth, use GoEP, switch to air..enjoy and with double speed phoenix…double enjoy..and if the glyph is instant cast..triple enjoy
Point 5 – Signet of Air + new windborn trait = excellent d/d roamer/skirmisher
Point 6- Cleansing fire will be 40s..if treated it’ll be 32s along with lightning flash..they’re still cantrip…they still trigger regeneration
Point 7 – d/d roamer with 0/10/0/30/30 treated cantrip, best condition removal in game, + windborn dagger + lightning flash= best in combat mobility
Point 8- burst ele( scepter + new air GM Fresh Air +arcane lightning ) and d/d roamer (windborn dagger , signet of air) are about to become the most feared things on the face of Tyria

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

..OP…have you actually ever used GoEP?
Point 1- possibly now it’ll be instant cast..wow
Point 2- phoenix will have double speed
Point 3- you can treat for reduced glyph CD, elite at 92s and GoEP at 36 duration 30s
Point 4- start in earth, use GoEP, switch to air..enjoy and with double speed phoenix…double enjoy..and if the glyph is instant cast..triple enjoy
Point 5 – Signet of Air + new windborn trait = excellent d/d roamer/skirmisher
Point 6- Cleansing fire will be 40s..if treated it’ll be 32s along with lightning flash..they’re still cantrip…they still trigger regeneration
Point 7 – d/d roamer with 0/10/0/30/30 treated cantrip, best condition removal in game, + windborn dagger + lightning flash= best in combat mobility
Point 8- burst ele( scepter + new air GM Fresh Air +arcane lightning ) and d/d roamer (windborn dagger , signet of air) are about to become the most feared things on the face of Tyria

Aside from maybe the rebirth of a might stacking interrupt Mesmer

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

It’s fine , now that they’ve fixed confusion I don’t mind it that much, I knew that was something wrong with confusion, the dmg was far too high and the extra 5 triggers on each action was the reason…now people can see that I wasn’t crazy when talking how confusion was dealing like 24k dmg in the blink of a eye

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Navzar.2938

-snip-

Creating clones, stealth, blinding nearby foes, and short term stability don’t count as anything but breaking stuns?

Two boons? Sure that sounds like a lot, but only 6 seconds, it’s a little strong maybe master level, but only regen mattered and that was because of the grandmaster trait. Vigor was already maintainable on it’s own, so extra vigor doesn’t help.
You also have to consider the class already has powerful condition removal, so the high cleansing doesn’t make it as valuable to an ele as it would be to another class (not that other classes don’t have cleansing stun breakers).

If you compare it to other stun breakers of a similar class, guardians, such as save yourselves, stand your ground, contemplation of purity, you’d see it’s fairly in line. Actually, you could compare to any other class if you count this pending update

So yeah,
1.It’s not the stun breaker, but rather that the water line synergized too well and that they were all put into the same line so you could break a lot of stuns repeatedly.
and
2. Your arguement is more centered around not liking mes stun breakers than ele breakers being too good.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

-snip-

Creating clones, stealth, blinding nearby foes, and short term stability don’t count as anything but breaking stuns?

I like Mesmer stun breakers just fine they do their job. They create a clone to distract/for shatters or as extra kills to get conditions. That being said. No Mesmer takes the power break stun breaker because the stability is meh especially considering that we have decent access to invulns.
The blind is only good in a very specific build (I assume you mean SOM) other than that mesmers take it for the passive and not much else.
I’m fine with Mesmer stun breakers not curing conditions and Save Yourselves from guardians only gives them one condition removal per shout. Still not the greatest. All in all ele cantrips are still top dogs when it comes to what stunbreakers can do.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Navzar.2938

I was talking about the boons and extra effects rather than condition removal from cantrips since you were saying an ele cantrip does so much more than other stun breakers. Contemplation will remove a lot of conditions as well as give boons on its own if you want something most similar to cleansing fire.

Ele cantrips only top when they’re used together, otherwise they’re normal.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

I was talking about the boons and extra effects rather than condition removal from cantrips since you were saying an ele cantrip does so much more than other stun breakers. Contemplation will remove a lot of conditions as well as give boons on its own if you want something most similar to cleansing fire.

Ele cantrips only top when they’re used together, otherwise they’re normal.

Yes but even with that guardians do not have the extra in/out of combat mobility that eles do. Which is why their stun breakers also do that. However they also have several other condi cleanses that don’t break stuns (some of the shouts for instance.) All ele condi cleanses are also stun breakers too as well as several other things. And lets not forget some of the awesome things that are said to be happening. Take for instance 20 pts into earth to get stability (that is pretty huge) considering how often you will be able to get stability now.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Ele’s are in need for a nerf bigger then this. I find if funny how you have the nerve to complain about the smallest stun breaker nerf. And honestly i really hope i see a glyph ele or something crazy after this patch and maybe he wont be absolutely terrible.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Navzar.2938

Yes but even with that guardians do not have the extra in/out of combat mobility that eles do. Which is why their stun breakers also do that. However they also have several other condi cleanses that don’t break stuns (some of the shouts for instance.) All ele condi cleanses are also stun breakers too as well as several other things. And lets not forget some of the awesome things that are said to be happening. Take for instance 20 pts into earth to get stability (that is pretty huge) considering how often you will be able to get stability now. [/quote]

Oh yes, with the other nice things that are happening something definitely has to take a hit. Sure it wouldn’t be the old 30 water 30 arcana thing, but it could be an even worse control resistance monster.
As for the stun breaker change, I had said that it’s better this way for eles over all. I was just pointing out that the individual stun break was not the problem because I often see a person point out a single skill as the problem rather than the fact that they’re all in the same skill group as being the problem.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Fishbait.6723

Traited or spell usage.

I’m nearly certain it is. We can even meet in spvp to test it out if you want.

As for what condition is removed, I’m think it goes in order of what you see on your screen. Although I don’t remember if it goes from left to right or right to left. Probably whatever was applied first. (I wonder if boon stripping works the same way?)

As for the cantrips giving 5sec regen+vigor thing. Really guys, that’s a trait, you have to keep that in consideration.
Boons on stun breakers’ base function, or other nice effects isn’t something special, it’s actually very common. Especially considering that usually means much longer cd, armor of earth being 90 seconds.

Individually the cantrips aren’t OP. It’s just that they were all packed into the same place, so the supporting traits buffed all of the stun breaks rather than just one stun break as you’d see on other professions. In regards to mesmers specifically, sure you only have one stun break that gives a boon, but your nicer stun breaks grant clones, which is similar to granting a boon.

Guildie said today Ether renewal can remove it, assuming you`ve not too many DoTs on you & immob` isn`t left until last.
3.5 second cast time to remove an Immob` imo is just going to mean you`re dead.
Tried it in spvp today, water attunes etc didn`t remove it.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

You can move while casting Ether Renewal, so that should allow you to avoid several burst sequences.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

hharry.1967

Stating facts mate. No Mesmer stun breaker does anything other than… break stuns… With the x/x/x/30/30 build ele cantrips can currently break stuns grant a ton of boons (depending on the cantrip) cure a condition AND in some cases burn/blind enemies…. Add to it that when eles grant regen to themselves it also cures a condition and then cantrips grant regen. It synergizes nicely but pretty much in some cases you have one skill (lets take cleansing fire) that does the following.
1. Break Stun
3. Grant 2 boons

What? You have blink (teleport + stun breaker), decoy (stealth + stun breaker), mirror images (clones + stun breaker), and a few more non usually used skills i guess.
But mesmers are in the exact place as eles, their usual spec skills all have stun breakers plus a nice effect.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

1. Break Stun
3. Grant 2 boons

What? You have blink (teleport + stun breaker), decoy (stealth + stun breaker), mirror images (clones + stun breaker), and a few more non usually used skills i guess.
But mesmers are in the exact place as eles, their usual spec skills all have stun breakers plus a nice effect.

But no boons from those stun breaks or condition removal. The only thing you don’t get in your stunbreaker/stealth (no duh!) none of our stun breakers do damage inside the skill themselves and none of our stun breakers remove conditions. And none of our condition removers break stun.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

well, the thinking behind this was probably;
They already have too much condi cleanse, so lets force them out of taking cleansing fire, and they already have so much mobility, so lets push them away from taking lf.

Neglekt

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

1. Break Stun
3. Grant 2 boons

But no boons from those stun breaks or condition removal. The only thing you don’t get in your stunbreaker/stealth (no duh!) none of our stun breakers do damage inside the skill themselves and none of our stun breakers remove conditions. And none of our condition removers break stun.

You will still have a stun break that ports at 1200 range (traited) on a relatively super shorter CD than LF AND a stunbreak that stealths AND drops target. I haven’t even mentioned the semi-stun breaks and ports in your popular and almost over the top weapons – Sword Main and Staff.

Your point? Since I don’t get mine. -_-

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Blink is a lower CD than LF and it can be traited to be 1200 in a trait line that is used by mesmers often. No damage on blink allows them to blink into group without being in combat unlike LF.

Mirror Images produces two clones which you can use for your shatter skills. On top of that it can be traited to inflict conditions on your enemies or traited to increase damage or decrease damage.

Decoy stealths.

It is silly to say Eles have it better. No profession can have it all

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

jportell.2197

It’s also silly to say that these will make cantrips useless. Like you said no class can have it all… Ele’s have it closer than most on this one.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

hharry.1967

I say remove stun breakers from decoy and mirror images as well, since they already have staff #2 and sword #2 and move them to signet of domination and veil because thats how ridiculous the changes were to eles.

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

and none of your stun breaker has 75/90s cd, and none of our weapon skills grant 2s invulnerability every 10 (8 if traited) seconds, on top of dealing damage, and none of our weapon skill acts as a stun breaker every 10s (while granting a clone to shatter and blinking away, and it is every 8s in common shatter builds), and none of our skills can remove those OP boons you’re complaining about

seriously, mesmers are the last ones who can complain about class balance right now, I could understand if this was coming from a warrior or a necro…but mesmers, lol.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Swim.6830

I say remove stun breakers from decoy and mirror images as well, since they already have staff #2 and sword #2 and move them to signet of domination and veil because thats how ridiculous the changes were to eles.

Hahaha this post made my day, but also so true.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I used Cleansing Fire a lot. Almost as much as Lightning Flash. I almost never take Armour of Earth (the cd is horrid) and never ever take mist form (it makes me not count towards point cap in spvp.

GoEP I’m not sure why (if those patch nots are true) it would be here. Sig of air I do like this change, as long as this skill’s cd isn’t increased to much (and if it is I hope for a shorter cd on another skill).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Imho the stunbreaker on signet of air is more stupid than the one on GoEP.

With a 100% swiftness uptime (or very close to it) available relatively easily to our class I fail to understand why this signet is useful (other than the blind) to warrant a stunbreaker. The movespeed should give a bonus to the swiftness buff or something lol.

Anyway, I feel that signet of fire/water deserved a stun breaker more than this.

GoEP getting a stunbreaker is also a tad bit silly since its an offensive buff and will almost always be used as a preparation for a fight. Its like giving a thief venom a stunbreaker
>_>

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Swim.6830

Imho the stunbreaker on signet of air is more stupid than the one on GoEP.

With a 100% swiftness uptime (or very close to it) available relatively easily to our class I fail to understand why this signet is useful (other than the blind) to warrant a stunbreaker. The movespeed should give a bonus to the swiftness buff or something lol.

Anyway, I feel that signet of fire/water deserved a stun breaker more than this.

GoEP getting a stunbreaker is also a tad bit silly since its an offensive buff and will almost always be used as a preparation for a fight. Its like giving a thief venom a stunbreaker
>_>

That last part is a MUST for Thieves. I will suggest their stunbreakers go to venoms

I am certain ANET will approve.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

That last part is a MUST for Thieves. I will suggest their stunbreakers go to venoms

I still feel giving a venom like say basilisk venom a stunbreaker will make people QQ if another utility loses a stunbreaker (we are trading stun breakers here not adding them )

Since basilisk venom is always used pre fight to get the stun to follow up burst.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

Ele's stun breakers

in PvP

Swim.6830

I still feel giving a venom like say basilisk venom a stunbreaker will make people QQ if another utility loses a stunbreaker (we are trading stun breakers here not adding them )

Since basilisk venom is always used pre fight to get the stun to follow up burst.

Yeah but it will “open up for more builds”

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood