Elementalist Sceptre still useless

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You did not even touch the horrible auto-attacks. No one will use this rubbish.

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Was it ever going to be useful?

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

lol i knew from day one it was useless anet still has no clue are justt dont give a —-=-

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yup, confirmed still useless xD. Don’t worry Focus is more useful now.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The ele scepter is an absolute joke …..confirmed being the worst weapon in GW2…it’s below trash level

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

The ele scepter is an absolute joke …..confirmed being the worst weapon in GW2…it’s below trash level

Ranger short bow says hi.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

They both suck. No idea why Anet did not fix them.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I thought ranger shortbow was a good condi weapon?
I don’t play ranger though. just from what I’ve heard

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

They both suck. No idea why Anet did not fix them.

Because that would create too much build diversity

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Is it even slightly sad that I expected more from the Devs? Eles got butchered in this patch, the only amulet that allowed them to have a place after 1 year of total uselessness got removed, exposing their glaring weaknesses even more, and now their apex predator, thief, has been buffed beyond recognition….yet again.

I foresee another year of non-existent eles, and i expect very little pity from anyone who got affected by D/D cele and cele tempest (which, as an Ele main I agree were broken) since they probably just want revenge.

I think it takes a lot of courage to admit your favorite class was broken, and while i see plenty of eles admitting it, I think I have never seen a thief admit it, no matter how obvious it is.

Oh well, lets give it time and see how everything plays out, Im still at work and cant test out many of the changes, but the way it is, I think mesmers/ele might as well not exist and this will become thieves/necros-land

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Faster casting auto-attacks. AoE autoattacks. ANYTHING!

Close to giving up…

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Wait for the next shaterstone buff before giving up.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Lol…

The power of Shatterstone compels me!

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

I honestly don’t like to QQ too much, but I feel like cheated, and we all know they are going to do nothing for the elementalists until the next season and who knows…

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Been trying it out, and it has no proper use in any game format. Please fix it.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Please change fire and earth sceptre into viable condition builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Give it time guys, they’ve only tried to make it a good weapon for 2 years. Be patient, nothing is off the table I’m sure. By buffing 1 useless skill per 3 months in 2019 ele scepter will be viable, it’s just a matter of time.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If only Evan Leash were in charge of such stuff, at least hes being quite talkative

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Um. Non ele main here just wanting to weigh in. Scepter needs some serious buffs aside from relegating it to fresh air. Without a weaponswap it needs more variability in the autos as it has poor sustained damage. Why not make water and earth auto long 1200 range and weaker while making fire and air shorter range (900 or less) and making it more powerful. Fire auto could be something like engis flame thrower auto and dragons tooth needs a serious reduction in both cast time and fall time. Use vault (thief staff 5) as an example. That skill can still be walked out of at a 0.75 second total cast time. Reduce the range of dragon’s tooth to make it riskier, but actually have a chance of hitting if both the cast and drop were at 1 second or less.

Lightning auto just needs to be sped up by about 50%.

These ideas are just pulled out of my head and ele mains should be the ones to be given more weight on the final iterations, but I wanted to throw some ideas out to show the level of buffs needed before scepter starts to be competitive.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

^Your ideas are good

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

not true if you use fresh air. Scepter is IMHO the best option when using fresh air, because of a few key reasons:

- Scepter has bad sustained dmg, but having the absurd Air Overload on such a low CD completely takes care of it.
- Mainhand Dagger has schocking aura, which is amazing, but you can also get the schocking aura with tempest defense, which makes the lack of on-demand schocking aura less impactful,
- The Blind on Air is absolutely huge in certain MU’s to be able to blind interrupts, Not easy to use, but if used well, it’s worth it’s weight in gold.
- The on-point pressure and spiked dmg on fire especially is huge.
- It’s ranged, which is very helpful and helps to set Ele apart from Engi. This is IMHO important since many D/D or D/F-builds are simply worse versions of Engi in almost every way.
- The new Amu’s, like paladin, work well on scepter, since it’s basically all power dmg.

Yes, the auto’s are bad and they could maybe use a slight buff, but it’s really not that big of a problem. I run a Fresh Air build with pala amu and defensive runes (soldier, leadership or water mostly) and the DMG output is very high for such a tanky build.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

not true if you use fresh air. Scepter is IMHO the best option when using fresh air, because of a few key reasons:

- Scepter has bad sustained dmg, but having the absurd Air Overload on such a low CD completely takes care of it.
- Mainhand Dagger has schocking aura, which is amazing, but you can also get the schocking aura with tempest defense, which makes the lack of on-demand schocking aura less impactful,
- The Blind on Air is absolutely huge in certain MU’s to be able to blind interrupts, Not easy to use, but if used well, it’s worth it’s weight in gold.
- It’s ranged, which is very helpful and helps to set Ele apart from Engi. This is IMHO important since many D/D or D/F-builds are simply worse versions of Engi in almost every way.
- The new Amu’s, like paladin, work well on scepter, since it’s basically all power dmg.

Yes, the auto’s are bad and they could maybe use a slight buff, but it’s really not that big of a problem. I run a Fresh Air build with pala amu and defensive runes (soldier, leadership or water mostly) and the DMG output is very high for such a tanky build.

This is such a one sided approach.

• Every overload is a channel, any decent player will focus you or CC you during this vulnerable animation
  • Every Scepter AA is so bad, have you tried using AA on fire? Water? Earth? or Air? The argument ranged should not even be a factor, do you know how much Slow the AAs are? Being ranged is not even a factor. Even the Elixir Gun AA will damage Scepter AA overtime, and it’s a kit.
  • Tempest Defense only procs when you are CCed, its on a 25 second cd too,
  • Blind on air is only useful against classes who do not evade, try hitting a thief with that.
  • So you only have air for reliable damage? Dragons tooth, Phoenix, Shatter stone, all easily avoidable, Rock Barrier needs to be cast again to damage, So you are basically left with Air swap, Scepter Air 3 and the blinds for damage.
Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Staff is also useless now.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

They are trying to see how little viable builds they can create.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

This is such a one sided approach.

• Every overload is a channel, any decent player will focus you or CC you during this vulnerable animation
  • Every Scepter AA is so bad, have you tried using AA on fire? Water? Earth? or Air? The argument ranged should not even be a factor, do you know how much Slow the AAs are? Being ranged is not even a factor. Even the Elixir Gun AA will damage Scepter AA overtime, and it’s a kit.
  • Tempest Defense only procs when you are CCed, its on a 25 second cd too,
  • Blind on air is only useful against classes who do not evade, try hitting a thief with that.
  • So you only have air for reliable damage? Dragons tooth, Phoenix, Shatter stone, all easily avoidable, Rock Barrier needs to be cast again to damage, So you are basically left with Air swap, Scepter Air 3 and the blinds for damage.

- With good positioning, LoS’ing and proper use of Air 3 on scepter, you can really mititgate the effect of interrupts on your Air Overload. Besides, the CD is so short, that it’s actually not as bad to get it interrupted.
- Yes, the auto’s are bad, but the dmg doesn’t come from the AA’s. Being ranged is always a factor. With Engi’s and Rev’s likely being very strong in the meta, do you really want that many Melee-classes all eating AoE DMG and having huge problems dealing any pressure dmg to classes with teleports, strong disengages and good positioning?
- Dragons tooth (and shatterstone) are used to pressure the point and force out Dodges. It’s also pretty amazing when kiting Melee-classes: Drop it in front of you, walk through it so it lands/explodes when the Melee-class keeps chasing you.

As I’ve written, most of the DPS comes from Air Overload and the only Auto I really use is Air to be honest: Yes, it’s worse than other Auto’s, but it’s not as bad as ppl make it out to be.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

Fresh Air dagger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sceptre.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Very true, ive tried sceprter too and u can barely scratch ppl on full offensive build.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

found one skilled enough to survive and put pressure.
As staff thief was really hard to fight ( i prefered to roam cause high dmg and nice burst ).

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Is it even slightly sad that I expected more from the Devs? Eles got butchered in this patch, the only amulet that allowed them to have a place after 1 year of total uselessness got removed, exposing their glaring weaknesses even more, and now their apex predator, thief, has been buffed beyond recognition….yet again.

I foresee another year of non-existent eles, and i expect very little pity from anyone who got affected by D/D cele and cele tempest (which, as an Ele main I agree were broken) since they probably just want revenge.

I think it takes a lot of courage to admit your favorite class was broken, and while i see plenty of eles admitting it, I think I have never seen a thief admit it, no matter how obvious it is.

Oh well, lets give it time and see how everything plays out, Im still at work and cant test out many of the changes, but the way it is, I think mesmers/ele might as well not exist and this will become thieves/necros-land

Ele still enjoyed longer stay in metas than Mesmer, who also got butchered in the patch. Honestly, ele was so OP for a long time, you guys had your time. At least one thing is consistent this time, both classes have crappy scepter, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Ele still enjoyed longer stay in metas than Mesmer, who also got butchered in the patch. Honestly, ele was so OP for a long time, you guys had your time. At least one thing is consistent this time, both classes have crappy scepter, lol.

Ahahhahha, wow this guy.

You sure want a balanced game dont you? Out of spite wanting a class to be completely unplayable. Gj bro, you definatly made a point here.

in PvP

Axialbloom.8109

It is the same thing on reddit. Everyone wants to see the ele burn and downvotes everything out of spite.

in PvP

Posted by: Grantham.2610

Grantham.2610

Ele, as of right now, has more viability than ever.

I main Ele.

Hint: One cantrip, One glyph, One arcane utility.

Sincere inquiries/challenges are welcome in-game.

Jublain| Kin Ring| Yance

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well it is to much focused on fresh air. What if you donĀ“t want to use freash air?
To much bad utilities, traits and scepter auto should have a bit tweaking.

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

He is also day dreaming, so Air Overload with fresh air, Paladin saves the class?

Do you know that with Paladin, you don’t have ferocity and you hit like wet noodle. Actually the fresh air ferocity buff should overcome that short coming but guess what ANet did with its infinite wisdom.

How long ferocity buff from fresh air endures? 5s? How long it take to overload to be ready? 5s?

So when you have your hardest hitting skill is ready, you already lost the ferocity buff? Good job ha?