Elementalist downed state is a joke. Where is the feedback?

in PvP

Posted by: xBeefy.4073

xBeefy.4073

Arenanet. Why has an entire month gone by with no fix or acknowledgement for the pitiful state of the elementalist downed skills?

Why isnt this blasted all over the forums? I don’t understand. It is COMPLETELY BROKEN and making me want to play my ele less and less every time I die. I get to watch 7 other classes escape death over and over while all I can do is /sigh.

I’ve made threads on this before. Why isn’t this getting more attention? 1/8 of the playerbase can’t even defend themselves while theyre downed.

Fix it.

Signed,
A very angry elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

/sarcasm on
Because elementalist got 20 weapons skills and need their skills to be subpar.
Just do the maths.
20 skills with 50% effectiveness = 10 skills with 100% effectiveness.
So downed skills need to be 50% as effective as other professions downed skills. Else it would be twice more powerful then other professions and make the game unfair for players who arn’t playing elementalist.
/sarcasm off

Funny part is… I’m pretty sure mostly everyone who say elementalist is fine believe this… Because more buttons to press make global cooldown faster.

Anyways… elementalist downed state is fine. Other professions downed states need their #2 changed to something as useless as elementalist #2 downed skill.
This or completly remove downed state in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

feedback is everywhere, they just dont have time to focus on balance changes now, there are more important problems… so be strong and hope, i think their downed is very unbalanced compared to every other profession, so they will change their or others downed skill 2

in PvP

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

The root is actually pretty kitten good. Not in a 1v1 against melees but in a teamfight. A 3 second root on a squishy means death for him.

I think ele is fine, it’s just that mesmer and guardian downed skill are extremely strong.
Thief are annoying but at least they don’t deal as much damage. I was critted once for 4k by the mesmer downed skill. -_-

EDIT: I rather see a nerf to the downed skills of guardian, thief and mesmer than a buff to ele. Do you really want to play PvP with all of the classes having a mass CC or a escape tool while downed? You know how annoying that would be? >_>

(edited by Teabaker.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Kaim.7125

Kaim.7125

For me elementalist ground skills are FINE, just rest are unbalanced kitten. It will be fine if everyone have same ground skills like elementalist, some dps, heal and its over! No stupid stealth, teleports, push off or knock down.

in PvP

xBeefy.4073

feedback is everywhere, they just dont have time to focus on balance changes now, there are more important problems… so be strong and hope, i think their downed is very unbalanced compared to every other profession, so they will change their or others downed skill 2

Balance changes are less important than what exactly?

in PvP

xBeefy.4073

The root is actually pretty kitten good. Not in a 1v1 against melees but in a teamfight. A 3 second root on a squishy means death for him.

I think ele is fine, it’s just that mesmer and guardian downed skill are extremely strong.
Thief are annoying but at least they don’t deal as much damage. I was critted once for 4k by the mesmer downed skill. -_-

EDIT: I rather see a nerf to the downed skills of guardian, thief and mesmer than a buff to ele. Do you really want to play PvP with all of the classes having a mass CC or a escape tool while downed? You know how annoying that would be? >_>

Do you even play an ele? Do you realize every other class has an interrupt as their 2 ability while we get a useless root? It’s incredibly imbalanced. Anyone whos every been downed as an ele knows theyre a free kill. Even people stomping a downed ele know its a freebie.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

/sarcasm on
Because elementalist got 20 weapons skills and need their skills to be subpar.
Just do the maths.
20 skills with 50% effectiveness = 10 skills with 100% effectiveness.
So downed skills need to be 50% as effective as other professions downed skills. Else it would be twice more powerful then other professions and make the game unfair for players who arn’t playing elementalist.
/sarcasm off

Funny part is… I’m pretty sure mostly everyone who say elementalist is fine believe this… Because more buttons to press make global cooldown faster.

Anyways… elementalist downed state is fine. Other professions downed states need their #2 changed to something as useless as elementalist #2 downed skill.
This or completly remove downed state in PvP.

/sarcasm also on….are you a math teacher?

in PvP

xBeefy.4073

For me elementalist ground skills are FINE, just rest are unbalanced kitten. It will be fine if everyone have same ground skills like elementalist, some dps, heal and its over! No stupid stealth, teleports, push off or knock down.

So 7/8 classes should get nerfed instead of one getting a buff. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

in PvP

Kaim.7125

Mesmer down skills are OP couse he make to gerat dmg, + his minions still hit you (thats fail), + teleports + stealth… just one big joke.

Ranger skills same- this stupid pet + ranger ground you off before you finish him at 1vs1. And who win at “ground” combat when you take dmg from ranger and his pet? … oh… forget, mesmer of course.

in PvP

Kaim.7125

xBeefy.4073 egzacly. Down state skills just ruin game. Nerff them all, or give same for all class.