Eles and mesmers are too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The damage is too high. Ele fire line is too strong with perma blinds. Obsidian flesh is way too strong. I would make it either immune to condis or direct damage but not both. To have a weapon skill better than endure pain is pretty ridiculous.

Mesmers have too high damage and too high survivability. Something needs to give.

To me, the other 6 classes seem reasonable.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I adamantly disagree. In my 3rd year of play, this is the first time I feel on a relatively even footing.

What needs to happen is the former burst/zerk classes that could destroy a Mesmer ( or Ele ) in seconds learn to have some defense.

I understand the sour grapes. Rangers, Warriors, Guardians and thieves prety much had the upper hand going into a fight with a Mesmer.

This led them to believe they were highly skilled. Now, they need to learn a new skill set and defense.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

I adamantly disagree. In my 3rd year of play, this is the first time I feel on a relatively even footing.

What needs to happen is the former burst/zerk classes that could destroy a Mesmer ( or Ele ) in seconds learn to have some defense.

I understand the sour grapes. Rangers, Warriors, Guardians and thieves prety much had the upper hand going into a fight with a Mesmer.

This led them to believe they were highly skilled. Now, they need to learn a new skill set and defense.

I will say what has been said to me on forums too many times to count;
LEARN TO PLAY

nah. mesmer is op. lots of invis, strong burst, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Burst is over the top for the new fresh air s/d s/f meta. Burst is over the top for mesmer.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

To hear “mesmer is op” is music to my ears to be honest. It’s not true though.

Mesmers finally being on par has exposed the weakness of some of the other classes that were able to rely on melting an inherently underpowered Mesmer class.

That’s a skill issue the other classes need to cope with.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

I would say, thief still better if mesmer runs portal, and mesmer destroy everything else.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Burst isn’t over the top. It’s similar to that of other classes. The other classes simply aren’t used to a Mesmer actually being able to survive and land the burst.

Again, that’s a skill issue the other classes need to deal with. They need to learn some defensive skills.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Burst isn’t over the top. It’s similar to that of other classes. The other classes simply aren’t used to a Mesmer actually being able to survive and land the burst.

Again, that’s a skill issue the other classes need to deal with. They need to learn some defensive skills.

Do you main a mesmer?

Your out of your mind if you think your keeping this ridiculous daze stun lock shatter stealth spec you got going on right now.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

Does anyone take this guy seriously when he posts these threads? Its like 5 a day! Mesmers have already seen the nerf bat.

The amount of QQ threads you do points towards you just being plain bad at this game rather than everyone else OP.

Yes damage is high, but is high for everyone.

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I do main a Mesmer and have done for much of the past 3 years. I don’t run a stealth spec. I’m using Scepter/Torch and Staff in a condi shatter build.

Mesmer is no more “over the top” or “ridiculous” than any other class. The others are simply not used to Mesmer being able to actually land the attacks instead of needing to run away all the time.

It’s time to learn some defensive skills. The interrupt builds only work if the other player plays in such a way as to give openings. Stealth trades away a major amount of damage for defense.

Shatters still don’t work particularly well and are easily dodged. Learn some defensive skills instead of complaining.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Shatters still don’t work particularly well and are easily dodged. Learn some defensive skills instead of complaining.

LOL… what part of “daze/stun lock out of stealth” did you not understand ?

More to the point… how do you even dodge such a thing ?

At least with thieves you could time them when they go into stealth and then easily anticipate and dodge the back stab. How do you time a mesmer when their stealth uptime can be as high as 40 secs ?

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Learn defense, use a stunbreak and some condi cleanse instead of simply running whatever the burst combo of the week is.

Attacking destroys stealth and makes the Mesmer vulnerable. So run some defense and a stun break and attack when they are revealed.

This is really crying because the defensive options were always there. The other classes simply didn’t need them in the past.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Thieves and mesmers have been a pain to deal with post patch. What hasn’t changed is that having more than one Mesmer or thief in your team still sucks no matter how OP they are.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

lighter.2708

Thieves and mesmers have been a pain to deal with post patch. What hasn’t changed is that having more than one Mesmer or thief in your team still sucks no matter how OP they are.

when we had 2 mesmer (including me) we just one shot everyone and nobody can do anything?…

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

people in this thread make me laugh, fresh air is by far the weakest dps build right now and deals subpar damage if you don’t take the berserker amulet and run around with 11k hp.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

True..that.. it kittenes em off….yewwwww

in PvP

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

people in this thread make me laugh, fresh air is by far the weakest dps build right now and deals subpar damage if you don’t take the berserker amulet and run around with 11k hp.

lrn to chain your combos

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Damage is too high across the board. Period.

in PvP

Vieux P.1238

Damage is too high across the board. Period.

True that also.

Ps: stop pvping squisy builds & you wont get one shoted. Promise

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

lrn to chain your combos

oh yes, thanks for that awesome piece of advice because i definitely don’t know how to chain my combos…

and fyi, fresh air was never and will never be meta lol, even less with dagger.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Vapour.7348

when we had 2 mesmer (including me) we just one shot everyone and nobody can do anything?…

I can’t answer your question because I wasn’t there.
But I’m glad that you are proud of one shotting people, probably out of stealth.

I wasn’t complaining about them being too OP, in fact just the opposite. Having more than one thief or Mesmer becomes a huge burden for the rest of team.

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Ithilwen didnt you say rapid fire was broken but you think mesmer is fine as it is now?

in PvP

Vieux P.1238

But I’m glad that you are proud of one shotting people, probably out of stealth.

I wasn’t complaining about them being too OP, in fact just the opposite. Having more than one thief or Mesmer becomes a huge burden for the rest of team.

you can put 2 Ele’s, 2 Necro’s, 2 warriors or even 2 thieves in the same situation. & end result will be murder.

in PvP

Vapour.7348

you can put 2 Ele’s, 2 Necro’s, 2 warriors or even 2 thieves in the same situation. & end result will be murder.

Lol, no. Thieves and mesmers are terrible when stacked in a team. It was that way pre patch and now.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

There’s a few things that need to be nerfed on Mesmer, but the nerfs we’ve received thus far have been unreasonable. They need to revert Maim back to something workable. They also need to put the Staff recharge at 3%. I don’t know why they buffed PU in the first place as it was perfectly fine before.

The solution to Confounding Suggestions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Confounding-Suggestions-Suggestion/first#post5209372

Mesmers now have more survivability and other classes don’t know how to handle it… As a Mesmer main, I will say I think ele/thief/guard are counters to us now (guard/ele being more so than thief even). Those have been the most threatening to me.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

@Sigmoid Yes I did say rapid fire is broken. Now I have a counter for it.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

lighter.2708

Lol, no. Thieves and mesmers are terrible when stacked in a team. It was that way pre patch and now.

lol no, you couldnt stack thieves and mesmers because they are incredible squishy, now mesmer can actually serve while doing way over the top damage to compensate.

i would now actually like to see 2 mesmers when i soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Mesmers are true one shot class now, blow up things left and right. And when you get on em: invuln>another invuln>stealth>another stealth>port>another port…. jesus kittening christ. And as a topping, armies of clones running around. This kitten needs to be toned down.

in PvP

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Mesmers finally being on par has exposed the weakness of some of the other classes that were able to rely on melting an inherently underpowered Mesmer class.

So…

The majority of Guild Wars 2’s PvP community’s opinion < your opinion because you want to believe you are a god on your Mesmer which you are protecting adamantly.

Kk.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Really? To me, the mesmer’s always been a strong class. It wasn’t meta or something you could just roll a meta build and play decently but it certainly wasn’t lagging behind the others if played well.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So…

The majority of Guild Wars 2’s PvP community’s opinion < your opinion because you want to believe you are a god on your Mesmer which you are protecting adamantly.

Kk.

It’s not the majority.
It’s people deflecting from one class to the other.

I have heard that condi’s are OP
Necro’s are OP
Engineers are OP
Warriors are OP
Ele’s are OP
Thieves are the same
Mesmer’s are OP
Guardians are OP
and Rangers are OP

I have heard everything from zerk is to strong to condi’s are to strong, from burning is too powerful to torment stacks deal too much damage.

The thing people fail to realize is that this is day 3.

Nothing has settled, no one has tried everything.
And some people try one thing and stick with it.

Yes I do agree, damage across the board is to high FOR EVERYONE, and if they are going to do something about it, they need to shave stat points off the amulets first.
Then adjust some traits that promote passive play.

It’s not JUST ele and mes doing high damage.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Vapour.7348

lol no, you couldnt stack thieves and mesmers because they are incredible squishy, now mesmer can actually serve while doing way over the top damage to compensate.

i would now actually like to see 2 mesmers when i soloq.

If I had a choice between 2 mesmers or thieves, I’d choose Mesmer. That was pre-patch. Maybe having 2 mesmers wouldn’t be so bad once things settle but right now, there are still a lot of band wagoners jumping on the Mesmer train.

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

It’s amusing to hear that fire line “perma” blinds is OP since that trait hasn’t been changed since ever.

So what made it OP, OP?

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Ye because mesmer was underpowered it was in every turney team.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

It’s amusing to hear that fire line “perma” blinds is OP since that trait hasn’t been changed since ever.

So what made it OP, OP?

I don’t know if it’s actually OP or not (been playing Mesmer and Engi since the patch) but people used to never go into fire because you need water and arcana to survive. So even if you could blind someone, you’d still die easily.

Now you can take all the 3 lines and I’d wager that’s why the trait is being used now.

in PvP

Solori.6025

Ye because mesmer was underpowered it was in every turney team.

…it was in 1 tourney team iirc

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Looks to me like it’s the warriors and engis that are too strong, certainly not the squishiest of classes.

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I don’t know if it’s actually OP or not (been playing Mesmer and Engi since the patch) but people used to never go into fire because you need water and arcana to survive. So even if you could blind someone, you’d still die easily.

Now you can take all the 3 lines and I’d wager that’s why the trait is being used now.

So basically, before the trait revamp, a profession was too fragile to run it?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

So basically, before the trait revamp, a profession was too fragile to run it?

Basically yes. Well I guess you could run burst builds before the patch but it wasn’t such a good idea as you were incredibly fragile (and at that point there were much better classes for it anyway)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I haven’t actually found fresh air to be unmanageable. it’s the dagger cele eles that have gotten buffed via burning being OP

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I don’t think eles have gotten much stronger than before. My old staff cele build still performs well, and falls apart when I can’t support my teamates. I’m not against some nerfs, but they would have to be really light, as many other builds feel weaker against the current opponents I face in pvp. I can only stay alive well with my earth/water/arcane, full defensive build, but its fun when my teamates are in position.

I can barely do anything to mesmers who are good. (on anything other than this defensive build)

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Pretty much sums it up. Mesmers are now on par with those classes, which is, of course, unacceptable to them.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

In general, every class in zerk does too much damage but thief/mesmer (now with insane damage and interrupt) and guardian have better mechanics to survive in a teamfight and do damage at the same time.

Elementalist has amazing traits and probably is the best class with celestial amulet right now.

Burning is over the top.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Pretty much sums it up. Mesmers are now on par with those classes, which is, of course, unacceptable to them.

Yea, someone that can spam stuns every 5 seconds is totally on par with people who actually play their class. I mean really, these guys who are exploiting the ability to spam stuns are totally amazing mesmers who would be considered top tier in PvP if they were ever given the chance.

GIVE ME A BLOODY BREAK MATE! And I don’t mean a kitkat.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Solori.6025

Yea, someone that can spam stuns every 5 seconds is totally on par with people who actually play their class. I mean really, these guys who are exploiting the ability to spam stuns are totally amazing mesmers who would be considered top tier in PvP if they were ever given the chance.

GIVE ME A BLOODY BREAK MATE! And I don’t mean a kitkat.

You cant spam stuns every 5 seconds as a mesmer?
Did you mean thief?

If you are losing to a lockdown mesmer they are probably timing their interrupts according to the animation you are about to use.

Did you know that getting stability OR going invulnerable makes interrupts not effect you?

If you are losing to a lockdown mes now, you were probably losing to them prepatch.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I haven’t actually found fresh air to be unmanageable. it’s the dagger cele eles that have gotten buffed via burning being OP

Yeh burning needs considerable toning down on ele in particular.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Mesmer IS op, sounds like you’ve had a “skill issue” for awhile on mesmer, it got buffed to OP monster and you desperately need anet to not nerf it so you can feel like you’re actually good at the game.

Same thing happened with cele, badies were writing forum posts like "hey guys, I went cele engi and I feel like I’m actually good at the game now :P ".

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Alright, I’m gonna spoil it then. It’s the burning duration runes and sigil. They increase burning damage by more than 65% (plus more condi power and proc). That’s the secret. The power rune/sigil only increase the damage like 10% (plus more power). Condi build has a big advantage with raw percent increase.

Sigh. Now everyone knows what to run for meta xD.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Alright, I’m gonna spoil it then. It’s the burning duration runes and sigil. They increase burning damage by more than 65% (plus more condi power and proc). That’s the secret. The power rune/sigil only increase the damage like 10% (plus more power). Condi build has a big advantage with raw percent increase.

Nah its not only that at all. That is like when everyone said might was the problem with cele and they nerfed might and it did nothing. Burning itself is too strong and the way elementalist in particular has to apply burning is broken. It has many repetitive burning skills

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Nah its not only that at all. That is like when everyone said might was the problem with cele and they nerfed might and it did nothing. Burning itself is too strong and the way elementalist in particular has to apply burning is broken. It has many repetitive burning skills

Because eles have not other condis, the devs should just add torment/confusion/poison to ele class, then it’s balanced to nerf burning ^^