Eles healing - not op

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

It clearly is over powered. I see more and more eles every day. It’s even worse because even the bad ones have learned enough of the mechanics, build, and rotation to be incredibly durable meanwhile trying to land their burst. I can put tens of thousands of damage on an elementalist but if I can’t interupt them(and they have stability), or are invulnerable, or are in mist form, or are healing themselves, or I’m busy dodging their burst. To make it worse even the bad elementalists only have to learn the build and the rotation and they suddenly have overpowered survivability with burst capability.

Also alot of the cast times on ele abilities are faster than they should be. For example why are elementalist knock backs faster than warrior Hammer knock backs? They have more condi removal, healing, boons, and ability to still burst down a warrior- so lets allow them a knock down that is faster than the Warrior Hammer knock down(not to mention the other kitten they have running + on more efficient cooldowns)? Why did that make sense when you even made the Hammer warrior. They heal more thn a warrior by a vast amount, and have huge sustained dps compared just as an example.

So these eles can absorb ten of thousand in dmg and at the same time they can burst you down..right…what about we say that you’re another glassy pro who face a cleric amulet ele, who has got 13k HP and at 1400 healing power can heal himself back to full HP?

‘Cause if we get a soldier amulet ele with 200 healing power , I don’t see where uber healing coming from and neither I can see where this burst come from..but hey you’re a glassy pro that’s explain why, ha wait sorry warriors don’t do dmg unless they go glass cannon…or maybe players in this game think that “dmg” is one-shotting people, ha ok then^^ in that case prepare to get slaughtered because balance build>glass cannon.

Furthermore you see all these eles? None of them cried on the forum when eles were considered a free kill by you glassy pro and now you see all those eles?…They adapted while you didn’t…if you want to keep playing He-Man Master of the Universe with that kitten greatsword on your back, feel free to do so

A balanced warrior using the right trait and runes can effectively remove conditions so if an ele remove conditions because he use all his condition removals traits and you don’t want to do the same…why the hell do you complain?
You want dmg? Then don’t cry because an ele got condition removal going the tanky way it’s not like an ele go the burst way ( lol) and still got more condition removal than a warrior.

Mobile strikes
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mobile_Strikes
Quick Breathing
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Breathing
Shrug it off
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shrug_It_Off
Restorative strenght
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Restorative_Strength

And all this without mentioning warhorn skills, shout builds and more…
“Warrior got no condition removals”…yeah of course …maybe all you want to do is to play glassy pro and complain..that’s the only truth

To add more salt to the injury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS4EyC9MrW4

L2P something else outside your He-man noob trap GS build and stop comparing a glass cannon with a bunker

I understand what you’re trying to say. But in the end, warriors don’t have many viable ways of sustained living besides depending on killing your opponent before they kill you.

Then reroll, thats the way warriors are, survive killing everything on their path with extreme burst damage. And eles? Outlast your enemies with some healing and constant damage.

I suggest you roll a thief, they can burst as much as warriors, with less skill, and survive as much as an ele with broken stealth mechanics, there you go thats your class!

You’re joking right? Your fix for a class is to play another? Eles are OBVIOUSLY OP PERIOD.

Bam Bam

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

I haven’t read everything within the thread, however I thought I’d give my opinion.

The biggest problems with the elementalist right now are cantrips, the healing could use a coefficient change however it’s not the worst thing about them. Cantrips are all stun breaking defensive cooldowns which when traited grant 12s+ of regeneration and vigor, combine this with the fact that when elementalists gain regen (30pt trait, water) they also remove a condition. So for using a cantrip you gain 12s+ of regen and vigor, break a stun before you even gain the actual effect of the spell in the first place. Then you put a self triggering cantrip in the first slot of earth and sustain eles run rampant with stupid amounts of condition removal. Another problem is the defensive utility of frost aura, it has no internal cooldown when hit but stacks a second of chill, you accidentally attack him with 2-3 attacks, AOE over the general area and you’re chilled for god knows how long. To top it off the elementalist gains healing more than equivalent to its actual ‘6’ healing skill by swapping to water, dodging and water trident. But this isn’t even a self heal, it’s potentially group wide. Elementalists also gain an additional 250(?) armor from earth #2 in scepter. They’re defensive group buffing monsters if you combine the fact they will always run 30 in arcana (it’s needed for attunement recharge anyways) which will in turn give them 30% boon duration and evasive arcana. With this boon duration they also give their group boons dependant on which attunement they switch to.

There’s alot more I could write here but when you take these aspects and add the fact ride the lightning is a great engage/disengage tool, it means you can ride the lightning out of a fight, gain a huge distance and sustain yourself to only then join back into a fight seconds later, at full health with most of your cooldowns still in tact.

Sorry, I really hate s/d bunker elementalists. They’re broken.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

So we started the eles in beta and they were awesome but got damage nerfed. Then we stuck with our elementalists even though everyone said they were underpowered and not worth playing. Then we built defensively to stop those 1 shotters. Now we got some bug fixes and we are OP again.

Before it was QQ about theives 1 shotting you or “Running Away”. Now its QQ about eles not dieing or “Running Away”? What the, is it you just don’t like making a kill? Is that all this is about? You don’t just leave the D/D or S/D alone and kill someone else?

I run D/D 0 10 0 30 30 or 0 15 0 25 30 depending on what I feel like at the time. My traits make my defense, my zerkers or knights make my offense. My cantrips are used usually offensively and I don’t take mist form because I’m not a baby cat. If I run from you it is with RTL and that is only if a friendly is near by to assist me, otherwise I would be dead anyways.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

It clearly is over powered. I see more and more eles every day. It’s even worse because even the bad ones have learned enough of the mechanics, build, and rotation to be incredibly durable meanwhile trying to land their burst. I can put tens of thousands of damage on an elementalist but if I can’t interupt them(and they have stability), or are invulnerable, or are in mist form, or are healing themselves, or I’m busy dodging their burst. To make it worse even the bad elementalists only have to learn the build and the rotation and they suddenly have overpowered survivability with burst capability.

Also alot of the cast times on ele abilities are faster than they should be. For example why are elementalist knock backs faster than warrior Hammer knock backs? They have more condi removal, healing, boons, and ability to still burst down a warrior- so lets allow them a knock down that is faster than the Warrior Hammer knock down(not to mention the other kitten they have running + on more efficient cooldowns)? Why did that make sense when you even made the Hammer warrior. They heal more thn a warrior by a vast amount, and have huge sustained dps compared just as an example.

So these eles can absorb ten of thousand in dmg and at the same time they can burst you down..right…what about we say that you’re another glassy pro who face a cleric amulet ele, who has got 13k HP and at 1400 healing power can heal himself back to full HP?

‘Cause if we get a soldier amulet ele with 200 healing power , I don’t see where uber healing coming from and neither I can see where this burst come from..but hey you’re a glassy pro that’s explain why, ha wait sorry warriors don’t do dmg unless they go glass cannon…or maybe players in this game think that “dmg” is one-shotting people, ha ok then^^ in that case prepare to get slaughtered because balance build>glass cannon.

Furthermore you see all these eles? None of them cried on the forum when eles were considered a free kill by you glassy pro and now you see all those eles?…They adapted while you didn’t…if you want to keep playing He-Man Master of the Universe with that kitten greatsword on your back, feel free to do so

A balanced warrior using the right trait and runes can effectively remove conditions so if an ele remove conditions because he use all his condition removals traits and you don’t want to do the same…why the hell do you complain?
You want dmg? Then don’t cry because an ele got condition removal going the tanky way it’s not like an ele go the burst way ( lol) and still got more condition removal than a warrior.

Mobile strikes
Quick Breathing
Shrug it off
Restorative strenght

“Warrior got no condition removals”…yeah of course …maybe all you want to do is to play glassy pro and complain..that’s the only truth

L2P something else outside your He-man noob trap GS build and stop comparing a glass cannon with a bunker

I understand what you’re trying to say. But in the end, warriors don’t have many viable ways of sustained living besides depending on killing your opponent before they kill you.

Then reroll, thats the way warriors are, survive killing everything on their path with extreme burst damage. And eles? Outlast your enemies with some healing and constant damage.

I suggest you roll a thief, they can burst as much as warriors, with less skill, and survive as much as an ele with broken stealth mechanics, there you go thats your class!

You’re joking right? Your fix for a class is to play another? Eles are OBVIOUSLY OP PERIOD.

Ok go rifle spec hit 8k killshots on people with soldier amulet. Done.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

/noedit
Btw, my D/D build along with my friends S/D condition build can kill D/D bunker eles in a 2v2. Even 2v3 if the third is another class, never been in a 2v3 us v bunker before so I can’t say the outcome. Also have never seen a S/D bunker (cept the ones me and my friend run when bored) in our matches before. Since most of this QQ is hot-join related, I will also add that the bunkers we fight are hot joiners, not tPvPers. A good player is good, I won’t disregard that, top teir tourny players would probably roll us lol.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

Mobile strikes
Quick Breathing
Shrug it off
Restorative strenght

Ok go rifle spec hit 8k killshots on people with soldier amulet. Done.

You don’t listen. Builds need fixes. You don’t fix them by just switching to another build/class. And the rifle spec is terrible imo.

Bam Bam

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Give me 24k passive hp and heavy armor and you can have my heals, my 13k hp and light armor.

I so wish I could take you up on this deal. People who talk about HP pools and armour as if that is remotely useful are just wrong in my view. You can have a 30k hp warrior get killed in the blink of an eye. Abilities which save you and heals are how to survive in this game.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

On a side note the trait shrug it off triggers every 30 seconds whereas the utility shake it off triggers every 25 seconds. This means the ele cleansing wave trait should trigger every 50 seconds instead of every 10 seconds. That would be fair and balanced.

As for shout warriors: no stability shout = no shout warrior in pvp. I tried it. My main was a warrior. All my game time is on a warrior and all on a shout warrior. I tried to make it work and it doesnt work. Its bad because you have no stability on any of your shouts. So you can remove conditions but now u just get feared/knocked back/stuned etc etc to death. Hardly fun.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Hey guys, please keep in mind that this forum is intended to be a friendly and helpful platform. Therefore rude and condescending posts will be strictly moderated. We know PvP can be a heated topic but that is no excuse to insult each other.

Thanks for your understanding.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

So we started the eles in beta and they were awesome but got damage nerfed. Then we stuck with our elementalists even though everyone said they were underpowered and not worth playing. Then we built defensively to stop those 1 shotters. Now we got some bug fixes and we are OP again.

Before it was QQ about theives 1 shotting you or “Running Away”. Now its QQ about eles not dieing or “Running Away”? What the, is it you just don’t like making a kill? Is that all this is about? You don’t just leave the D/D or S/D alone and kill someone else?

QFT it’s getting ridiculous.

RTL is not an immunity mechanic.

RTL can’t be cancelled when activated.

RTL is like a highly mobile 3 second self-daze.

Eles take full damage while in RTL, and are still subject to immobilize.

People need to learn to save an immob for RTL, because it turns eles into “fun-pinatas”.

People should stop calling for nerfs to a profession because they don’t want to build, play, or slot utils to kill this build.

immobilizes
corrupt boon
arcane thievery
spam-burning
well timed confusion immediately after water attunement
focus fire from range.

or simply take out their teammates and laugh as they tickle you, unless you are running a glass cannon build, in which case you deserve to die against your counter.

This next patch will be make or break with me. If I see the same utter build destruction wrought on D/D as has happened with greatsword symbol support on guard or staff on ele due to inflexible petulance on the part of a bunch of glass cannons, I will leave this game behind and not look back.

Ele has no other viable meta build outside of 0/10/0/30/30, and outside of certain eng builds D/D is the most complicated, twitchy, highest skill-ceilinged gameplay in the game.

This build deserves to counter backstab thieves, and if it’s prevented from doing so I’ll know the balance team just doesn’t give a —-t, because they continue to tiptoe around the thief forums and ignore the elephant-in-the-room of “instagib” combos destroying their pvp balance.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Lets see, an ele dagger 5 healing heals for about 2-2.5k if traited/specced into healing power, under a 40s cooldown.
An engineer can drop 5 healing bags which…

Olé! I stopped reading there. I’d be the happiest man in the world if I could drop 5 healing bags.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Lets see, an ele dagger 5 healing heals for about 2-2.5k if traited/specced into healing power, under a 40s cooldown.
An engineer can drop 5 healing bags which heals for the same ammount each of them.
A banner warrior can heal 4-5k with banner skill number 2 if specced into healing with only a 10 seconds cd, without counting regen.

Now you might be wondering, ya eles give a healing aura, plus another 2-2.5k heal on water attunement switch, guess what a warrior shout can also heal for that much.

Not to mention warriors and engineers have way more armor, and hp. You still think eles healing is op? It just looks op because a healing specced ele has NO HEALTH, thus the smallest healing looks op cause they refill most of their almost nothing hp.

So a warrior can be a way better “healer” than an ele, where eles are equally if not worse than engineers.

The only difference is that warriors all go to kitten 100blades spec or other viable specs they do have, while eles do only have one viable spec.

Ele trying to prove the already incoming nerfs are wrong comparing himself with engis and wars ….now i saw everything…..

Just…lol…..seriously, hope you’re just trolling..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Never tested this but someone wrote here that the warrior has a banner that heals like crazy. Can someone point me the banner that heals for 4k-5k every 10 seconds? I would like to take it to WvWvW. Thanks

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Never tested this but someone wrote here that the warrior has a banner that heals like crazy. Can someone point me the banner that heals for 4k-5k every 10 seconds? I would like to take it to WvWvW. Thanks

They were referring to Banner of Tactics, probably. Description is bugged: Says it heals for ~4k on a 10 second cooldown. It actually heals for closer to ~500. Pathetic.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

This is written by me a few posts up. Makes me lose faith that people don’t even read forums they just quote post

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I was being sarcastic… lol
I used to play bannerwarrior in WvW btw

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

you’re forgetting to talk about casting times, ele’s have small heals which you can pretty much use within 1 second on a extremily short cool down to full heal.

also, don’t forget ele can heal in the middle of the battle without having to stop attacking, while other classes have to actual stop to heal, also the healing is ele continuous, it NEVER STOP so is not like other classes that after they use their heal you know their hp is only gonna go, and the shorter the recharge of the heal, the weaker the heal will be.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

you’re forgetting to talk about casting times, ele’s have small heals which you can pretty much use within 1 second on a extremily short cool down to full heal.

also, don’t forget ele can heal in the middle of the battle without having to stop attacking, while other classes have to actual stop to heal, also the healing is ele continuous, it NEVER STOP so is not like other classes that after they use their heal you know their hp is only gonna go, and the shorter the recharge of the heal, the weaker the heal will be.

What do you mean ele heals NEVER STOP? If you mean the signet of restoration passive, yea it heals on every attack. But also note that it heals very small amounts for a period of time meaning eles give up actual burst heal on the healing slot. But I still have a feeling that this healing skill is gonna get bashed by the nerf hammer on the next patch.

Then you guys gonna go “But they heal on every single dodge in water attunement via evasive arcana every 10 seconds!” Yeah, it got cut in half in PVP last patch, go check it out. They might as well change it to chill or some sort of evasion thingy rather than Cleansing Wave to stop all the whining.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Eles are lacking in power. Bunker is a tad over the top, but eles (everything that isn’t bunkerish) is lacking.. quite much.

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Give me 24k passive hp and heavy armor and you can have my heals, my 13k hp and light armor.

I don’t even understand how you can say that from an ele point of view even. The fact that you play an ele should give you enough experience to realize that both of those two facts are irrelevant since they offer negligible defense capability.

Both those things offer immediate survivability, but they don’t offer sustained durability. The two most popular bunkers in the game both have minimal health compared to other builds. 10k extra up front health is irrelevant to your effective health. Pure health scales horribly with any sort of healing, which requires high damage mitigation to be useful. Both of which warriors lack.

By the way, the difference between the heavy armor and low armor professions is something like 127 armor.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

are you seriously comparing an ele to a banner warrior.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Eles have a lot of healing going on. Main heal (SoR active, burst heal glyph, or channeled that removes condition) every 15-25 seconds, attuning to water (traited) can happen every 9 seconds with max Arcana, weapon heals (in dagger off-hand, scepter main heal, or staff) with 20-40 second CDs, comboing water fields with blast weapon skills (dagger off-hand has 2, scepter has 2, staff has 1. of course water combo fields can come from other professions but staff has 2 water fields) and an on demand dodge in Water attune (traited) every 10 seconds. Add to that the Regen boon when attuning to water (traited), Regen when using cantrip (traited and can use 3 cantrips okitten90sec CDs each), and projectile comboing (doable with staff and scepter in earth attunement). I’m sure I still missed some of them.

Of course an ele cannot have ALL of these, but still, one particular spec can have A LOT of ways to heal himself up given these choices. The problem I see here is when the healing skills in the weapon sets are used in conjuction with the traits that grant healing/regen (Water and Arcana), the ele has a plethora of healing abilities. What the devs have to realize is that this is a very delicate balance of bringing the pure bunker builds in line to not allow them to be purely unkillable but at the same time not destroying the survivability of balanced builds or any other build not specced to bunker. This just proves that Water/Arcana are the eles BEST choice since speccing for raw damage or burst (Fire, Air, Earth) are very very lackluster compared to the benefits of speccing for healing/survivability.

But one also has to consider that unlike other classes, the ele has no other means of mitigating damage other than boons and healing, some form of CC, escapes (RTL from off-hand dagger) which other classes can do too, and/or using a horrible weapon like the focus. The ele has no clones, no stealth, no death shroud, no reliable means of gaining stability outside of cantrips.

I am expecting more nerfs to this god-awful spec of this wonderful class but I am also hoping that the devs do realize that the other options need a good hard look – traits wise, weapon set wise, and utility wise so that eles can finally have other viable specs.

Other classes can surely spec similar to the bunker ele (like mesmers, and in a certain way rangers). But these classes are have other specs that are more viable or are more effective doing other things (condition or burst) that’s why we don’t see a lot of them in play and the spotlight is always only on eles.

I just hope the next patch addresses the glaring issue of build diversity in each profession. Improving or reworking certain traits/weapon sets to make them become competitive or on-par with the existing working builds can go a long way of creating a healthier PVP environment.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I run D/D 0 10 0 30 30 or 0 15 0 25 30 depending on what I feel like at the time. My traits make my defense, my zerkers or knights make my offense. My cantrips are used usually offensively and I don’t take mist form because I’m not a baby cat. If I run from you it is with RTL and that is only if a friendly is near by to assist me, otherwise I would be dead anyways.

Yeah, it seems to be go bunker or go dead. I tried a damage spec with some defense and got face rolled. If they nerf the bunker, then they had better give us some other options. And if you see an ele in the field, switch your utilities around. It’s what I do on my mesmer when I see a ranger.

Tarnished Coast

Eles healing - not op

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Eles healing not OP but combined with BY FAR the best condi removal, best mobility, extreme boon spam it is OP, OP as **** compared to any other classes.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.