Enable Blocking to Work for Team Matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

Even that dinosaur Warcraft has the function. You block someone for whatever reason, you never have to run anything with them ever again.

Do it.

Can’t enable it game-wide? Enable it for PvP.
Cull the trolls, cull the uncooperative, cull the ineffective as we go, let people find those they can work with.

Automated ranking alone is not enough.
Let players choose whom they ascend with.

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

That means I can block everyone who is better than me and win all the time!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

There would have to be a limit and it would have to be temporary or some new or unskilled players would never get paired. You have to make it practical for them to want to implement it.

For example, why not limit it to one block that lasts for one hour. This is the best I can say they would even consider. Otherwise, players would just block all the low mmr players and add all the skilled ones.

(Your request technically means the more skilled players will rank up together but they need to squeeze time out of players for cash shop incentive which is why I offered my more realistic approach.)

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Stop stealing my totally original ideas that I got after reading your post!!

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

the community is too small. I’d love to see the numbers of people that regularly participate in ranked matches, but the number has to be extremely low in NA. and i feel like i’ve blocked at least 40% of the population lol

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Toxic idea, I don’t like it.

I’d rather see rewards for good sportsmanship and gameplay(voting system that adds 1 pip per “like”?) than exile people perceived as “weak”.

The last thing we need is a system where you’re able to punish people for any purpose such as, for example:

-Running a class not favored in the meta
-Making a single poor combat/tactical call
-Making a call only you, specifically, didn’t like based on an incorrect perception of what was happening
-Being [lower rating than you]
-Lag
-Disconnect
-Playing the hard counter to your class

And so on.

Plus, the pvp community is really kitten small. The most likely case of the game respecting this kind of idea is queue times will immediately triple as the game attempts to tiptoe around a few people blocking a few others.

Focus on uplifting good people, not allowing bad people to control the game. Even League of Legends picked up on this concept eventually.

(edited by Kadj.6725)

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Stop stealing my totally original ideas that I got after reading your post!!

This is not your totally original idea. I suggested it already. :P

yes I support this because it is my idea :P

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I’d love it, but Overwatch tried and failed miserably. There was a guy who was the best widowmaker out there and he had to contact Blizzard support because he was sitting in que for hours and wanted to know why.

Turns out thousands of people blocked him because they were afraid of him. Eventually the system got a complete 180, and was changed to “prefer this player” which increases the chance of getting paired again.

If it didn’t work with Overwatch at its prime with millions of active players, it definitely won’t work in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You know how many toxic players would be on your team if it was a 5-man queue? Well if you’re any good at picking teammates, it would be 0. But yeah, queue times, death of game, on and on yeah I get it.

So you gotta pick, either you play with scrubs and trolls but have quicker matches, or you get a team together and play with pleasant people but go through whatever the doomsayers say you’ll go through. Can’t have the best of both worlds.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Anet should take measures to mute toxic players that ruin the fun for others with their nasty words and miserable attitudes, and unsportsmanship-like behavior. Mute them for a day for first offense, then a week, then a month, etc.

They should be muted in all game modes, from typing into any chat completely. Put a little icon near their name so people know they have been muted by anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Anet should take measures to mute toxic players that ruin the fun for others with their nasty words and miserable attitudes, and unsportsmanship-like behavior. Mute them for a day for first offense, then a week, then a month, etc.

They should be muted in all game modes, from typing into any chat completely. Put a little icon near their name so people know they have been muted by anet.

Make them walk behind a NPC thats ringing a bell chanting “Shame….Shame…..Shame….”

Sorry its Game of Thrones season.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

How about you just report them and use the block feature like a grown up with a pair would do.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Even that dinosaur Warcraft has the function. You block someone for whatever reason, you never have to run anything with them ever again.

Do it.

Can’t enable it game-wide? Enable it for PvP.
Cull the trolls, cull the uncooperative, cull the ineffective as we go, let people find those they can work with.

Automated ranking alone is not enough.
Let players choose whom they ascend with.

Warcraft has about 100x the players this game does. You would just end up exploding your qeueu times most likely. And this could be abused so easily. I would just block everyone I knew sucked some of the toxic players are actually good I wouldn’t even block a lot of them. The bads though would all get blocked.