[Engi] IP, what is the excuse now?

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Before it was Pistol’s AA hits like wet noddle and Riffle wasn’t a thing. But it is all in the past now. So what is the excuse of this OP trait?

I think it should either:
1- Redesign it like they did with Dhuumfire.
2- The laziest way, Limit IP to Pistol only like how Glacial Heart works.
3- The boriest way, nerf the Trait and improve Pistol’s AA.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Before it was Pistol’s AA hits like wet noddle and Riffle wasn’t a thing. But it is all in the past now. So what is the excuse of this OP trait?

Well something you should consider is that a Rifle user’s IP does at most half as much damage over time as a Pistol user’s IP.

Chill of Death, Air, Fire, Incendiary Powder, Glacial Heart, Halting Strike, as much as many wish they weren’t, they’re all intended game mechanics.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Cele Rifle’s IP does ~2000 removable damage every 10 seconds! A warrior could literally stand there and outheal that damage! Warriors can also remove 8 million conditions every minute from their entire party!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Cele Rifle’s IP does ~2000 removable damage every 10 seconds! A warrior could literally stand there and outheal that damage! Warriors can also remove 8 million conditions every minute from their entire party!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

1 class being able to deal with it doesn’t make it ok.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Every class can deal with it! It’s just that a Warrior can deal with it by equipping Healing Signet and standing there! 2000 damage over 5 seconds every 10 seconds is pretty godawful in comparison to something like an Air Sigil 1200 instant damage every 3 seconds!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

equip condi remover problem solved

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

lol If you think that you have no idea about engies

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Aside from Air/fire sigils, other forms of passive procs aren’t considered to be nearly as powerful and/or can be anticipated/avoided(Chill on death, Halting Strike). I listed an adjustment in another thread to help deal with it.

Every 10 or so critical hits(whatever anet deems feasible) your weapon/kit will give a distinct glow that then have the next attack proc burning. This would allow the defender to utilize whatever methods they deem necessary to avoid it(dodge/block/Invul/blind)

Edit: This could also be applied to other passive procs.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Just give it something like the Dhuumfire treatment. Bump it up to GM, increase base Burn duration 1 sec and make it 100% procc chance on toolbelt skills and nothing else. It wouldn’t hurt to add little icons on the boon bar to all passive proccs for all classes as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Well dhuumfire was nerfed because it didn’t promote skillful play. So…

As a Necro main I’d be totally happy to nerf chill of death along with sigils and many other passive procs. But as much as I get that they are different classes, it’s hard to grasp why it was skill-less for necromancers but it’s fine for engineers.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Well something you should consider is that a Rifle user’s IP does at most half as much damage over time as a Pistol user’s IP.

Chill of Death, Air, Fire, Incendiary Powder, Glacial Heart, Halting Strike, as much as many wish they weren’t, they’re all intended game mechanics.

Whoa whoa whoa, what’s wrong with Halting Strike? Requires narrowly timed skill to land, is limited to the number of interrupt skills the mesmer has, and is easily countered by stability (among other things). If there are tears being shed out there because of halting strike they’re purely tears of being outplayed.

Not sure why it was lumped in there with all those passives.

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Well dhuumfire was nerfed because it didn’t promote skillful play. So…

As a Necro main I’d be totally happy to nerf chill of death along with sigils and many other passive procs. But as much as I get that they are different classes, it’s hard to grasp why it was skill-less for necromancers but it’s fine for engineers.

It was an excuse to nerf dhuumfire and nothing more. Don’t think too much into it.

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Because burning from a Necromancer is much different than burning from an Engineer!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

The IP wasn’t a giant problem until they made slick shoes into a stun break. And I guess counters like “instant cast skull crack” were also nerfed and now Engis are pretty broken be it cele or turrets.

Either delete/nerf the stun break on slick shoes OR make it so you can dodge through slick shoes. But please apply the same principles to hammer guard because frame-eaters are cancer.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

The IP wasn’t a giant problem until they made slick shoes into a stun break.

Wat.

IP was way much of a bigger issue when Condi Balth Engis were about – now IP is just a nice extra bunch of armour negating DPS in the Cele/Rifle build

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

IP does need a nerf, however condi engi’s are rarely common anymore.

So meh…

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Whoa whoa whoa, what’s wrong with Halting Strike? Requires narrowly timed skill to land, is limited to the number of interrupt skills the mesmer has, and is easily countered by stability (among other things). If there are tears being shed out there because of halting strike they’re purely tears of being outplayed.

Please tell me more about how that Chaos Storm daze was timed or you planned on the illusions staggering the daze to interrupt subsequent casts. :o

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Please tell me more about how that Chaos Storm daze was timed or you planned on the illusions staggering the daze to interrupt subsequent casts. :o

Walk out of Chaos storm / dodge. Watch for shatter daze and don’t cast skills while the 3 clones are walking to you, like i do vs interrupt mesmer.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Pistol AA is still bad, IP is stronger on condi builds that use pistol. Nothing has changed: what’s the point of over-nerfing a viable, but rare build (condi engi), just to slightly nerf a meta build (cele rifle)? I can’t understand the logic here.

in PvP

Roe.3679

Because burning from a Necromancer is much different than burning from an Engineer!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

How? Elaborate please.

Dhuumfire necros had tons of condition damage and cc if they successfully pulled off combos. Cele engineers have condition damage, direct damage, and tons of cc. The only real difference is direct damage vs condition damage. Unless you want to count that IP is a master trait, compared to dhuumfire at grandmaster, and that condition necros were a flash in the meta pan in comparison to engineers now.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Wahoo! Bye frands!

How? Elaborate please.

Dhuumfire necros had tons of condition damage and cc if they successfully pulled off combos. Cele engineers have condition damage, direct damage, and tons of cc. The only real difference is direct damage vs condition damage. Unless you want to count that IP is a master trait, compared to dhuumfire at grandmaster, and that condition necros were a flash in the meta pan in comparison to engineers now.

You should know that arrdee doesn’t elaborate and say anything to back his opinion. He just states it and doesn’t take any kind of criticism because in his mind he is always right. Lol there is never anything constructive or productive when arrdee is commenting.

Wahoo Bye Frands!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Roe.3679

Pretty sure Vee Wee is a she. Plus I think she has some good ideas, but I want to know why passive procs are generally shunned throughout the game, but IP is somehow ok.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

passive procs are generally shunned throughout the game

Seriously??? In no way are passives “shunned” in this game.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

Pretty sure Vee Wee is a she. Plus I think she has some good ideas, but I want to know why passive procs are generally shunned throughout the game, but IP is somehow ok.

I think it’s because the necro has more CC? Although that’s not exactly the case if the engi is using rifle and wrench… and the engineers knockbacks can’t just be removed by a condi clear like fear… forgot about the shield knockback too and apt….

I suppose it’s because our cc is also our biggest condi spike, we load up condis and spike even harder with cc, engi loads up condis and knockback so the condis can do their job but it’s not as big as the old dhuumfire spike.

in PvP

Roe.3679

passive procs are generally shunned throughout the game

Seriously??? In no way are passives “shunned” in this game.

Wait are you serious? I mean people use to a of passives but it’s generally viewed as a no-skill feature of a build more than skill-rewarding gameplay.

in PvP

Roe.3679

I think it’s because the necro has more CC? Although that’s not exactly the case if the engi is using rifle and wrench… and the engineers knockbacks can’t just be removed by a condi clear like fear… forgot about the shield knockback too and apt….

I suppose it’s because our cc is also our biggest condi spike, we load up condis and spike even harder with cc, engi loads up condis and knockback so the condis can do their job but it’s not as big as the old dhuumfire spike.

Did a necro have more cc? 2 long-ish fears, one instant, in the old dhuumfire build, compared to unblockable pull, no animation/cast time knockback and slick shoes that even melts stability stacks?

in PvP

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You kidding me right? Engies got more condition pressure and spread than necros. it was the reason we got death shroud 5 and dhuumfire in the first place. With a single press of pistol 3, you apply bleed burn confusion blind plus whatever other passive proc from sigils or runes. Then we got nades bombs elixir gun and heck even toolkit apply condition spam along with cc, all packed together on a small cooldown. What do we necros got? Fear terror spam which was nerfed repeatedly, and now we are slowly moving to the power variation of necros instead

IP should be something that only procs from damaging toolbelt and swap places with synaptic overload or defense dispenser.

I’m almost convinced that engineers are the favorite class of Anet, why they always seem to pop in the daily and why they haven’t suffered any significant nerf every since kit refinement.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

(edited by Nebilim.5127)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

For all the clueless people bashing miss veewee, Dhuumfire was realeased during a time in which Necro Terror was strong and Bleed stack fast. Getting hit by a fear chain with burning with bleed stacks was enough to absolutely melt a player. Dhuumfire Terror Necros were really prevalent during this dark age. So Anet responded by nerfing all of the necro’s other condi applications and terror damage, instead of simply fixing Dhuumfire. After that still failed, they nerfed Dhuumfire but neglected to revert the nerf made to the necro’s other skills that were nerfed. So to answer your question, Dhuumfire was nerfed because Anet through it in there having no idea how it would work and then over-nerfed the necro to fix their mistake. Sure either Dhuumfire or the Terror/Bleed stacks nerf could be reverted at this point…..but…….Anet.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I’m almost convinced that engineers are the favorite class of Anet, why they always seem to pop in the daily and why they haven’t suffered any significant nerf every since kit refinement.

And comments like this are the sign of an ignorant player that can just be ignored.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Condi Necromancer is a burst build and their burst is already absolutely insane even without burning! It’s like you guys didn’t play Guild Warts 2 when Dhuumfire was a thing and Necromancers were 100-0’ing literally everybody! 700 damage burn ticks is a lot different when in a 1000 damage/tick fear chain post nerf + 1000 damage/tick bleeds as opposed to 600 damage burn ticks with a few bleeds and confusion from a condi Engi or (lol) 2000 damage/10 seconds from a cele Engi! I didn’t think that needed explaining but I guess I was wrong!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Aktium.9506

Condi Necromancer is a burst build and their burst is already absolutely insane even without burning! It’s like you guys didn’t play Guild Warts 2 when Dhuumfire was a thing and Necromancers were 100-0’ing literally everybody! 700 damage burn ticks is a lot different when in a 1000 damage/tick fear chain post nerf + 1000 damage/tick bleeds as opposed to 600 damage burn ticks with a few bleeds and confusion from a condi Engi or (lol) 2000 damage/10 seconds from a cele Engi! I didn’t think that needed explaining but I guess I was wrong!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Condi Nec never had Blunderbuss/Jump Shot/Prybar on top of condi pressure. Just a combo of two of those skills assuming crits from Int sigil with some additional bleeds and some burning will do more damage than a fear chain of old ever did.

in PvP

Roe.3679

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Right, and dhuumfire necromancers were heavy handedly nerfed. Running through a normal cele engi rotation will have lesser condition damage but will also have a 3k plus prybar and 2k plus jump shot (conservative estimates) on top of it, like I already mentioned. Overall the damage is probably pretty similar thanks to sigil of intelligence, the cc is pretty similar too. Only difference is if the damage are little numbers or big numbers.

Engineers are also totally capable of taking someone 100-0, I would know after Oeggs did it to me and inspired me to change my build and playstyle entirely. That was the first time I ran into slick shoes.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

It’s funny when people joke about 2000 damage every 10 seconds that’s automatic and undodgeable. Terrormancers are only dealing that much on average but one of their fears is dodgeable, and they are in carrion instead of celestial. That to me means you think IP on cele engineer is stronger than terror on terrormancer, which is exactly my problem with it and why it needs to get nerfed.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Condi Nec never had Blunderbuss/Jump Shot/Prybar on top of condi pressure. Just a combo of two of those skills assuming crits from Int sigil with some additional bleeds and some burning will do more damage than a fear chain of old ever did.

No.. No lol!

Engineers are also totally capable of taking someone 100-0, I would know after Oeggs did it to me and inspired me to change my build and playstyle entirely. That was the first time I ran into slick shoes.

Seems like a Slick Shoes problem and not an Incendiary Powder problem!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Aktium.9506

No.. No lol!

Under optimal circumstances assuming maxed bleeds a pre-nerf fear chain would do about 14k damage in condi ticks for the duration of the fear chain. You can do that amount of damage in the same timeframe on Cele Engi.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

So since Kit Refinement nerf engies not having much in the way of nerfs means there is some sort of dev favouritism conspiracy, yet up to kit refinement nerfs the devs “favourite class” was probably the most nerfed class in the game, there seems a problem with your logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Walk out of Chaos storm / dodge. Watch for shatter daze and don’t cast skills while the 3 clones are walking to you, like i do vs interrupt mesmer.

i was gonna say, mesmers absolutely space out their clones in order to stagger daze. Just because you’re spamming skills and get interrupted each time doesn’t mean that anything is wrong with halting strike.

You can’t count on the distortion clones to actually interrupt. Most of the time, they don’t. However, good mesmers will use *diversion to stack vulnerability on you, and the interrupt chain is just a fun bonus.

On the topic of IP, i really dont think it’s too strong of a trait. Especially in PvP, where you can’t run into 2000 condition damage Dire tanks.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in PvP

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

So since Kit Refinement nerf engies not having much in the way of nerfs means there is some sort of dev favouritism conspiracy, yet up to kit refinement nerfs the devs “favourite class” was probably the most nerfed class in the game, there seems a problem with your logic.

That was just a joke, sarcasm :P. And what? Engies were the most nerfed class? That is simply not true. If i had to pick the most heavy nerfed class would probably be warrior, and will probably be just a matter of time before the class is killed entirely when they nerf cleansing ire.

As people said here, the engie gets away with running a relatively bunking build while still pulling off insane damage with condies and direct. Any dhuumfire necro were relatively just as squishie they were able to kill, and anyone with heavy condi cleanse could just shrug them off like they were nothing.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Pretty sure Vee Wee is a she.

Awesome.

Now that we know everyone’s gender roles everything makes so much more sense now.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Every class can deal with it! It’s just that a Warrior can deal with it by equipping Healing Signet and standing there! 2000 damage over 5 seconds every 10 seconds is pretty godawful in comparison to something like an Air Sigil 1200 instant damage every 3 seconds!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Not every class can deal with it “consistently”. Plus idk if you have a “extreme friend” that’s actually here for you.

But here is another point, currently panic strike or sleight of hand (ignoring s/d specs) have pathetic condition removal and effectively can get countered and finished off by engi’s IP.

In other words, if they “balance” (or nerf hammer since that’s what anet will most likely do) the engi’s IP they should also do it for every class as well thus effectively balancing the meta. This though will again shift the meta as they will also have to give something back (over buff since that’s what anet also does).

(edited by The Primary.6371)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Rofl, pretty much.

And besides, only the use of chaos storm can be planned, the daze is rng so you have to get lucky (assuming you’re just not outplayed by the target walking out of the ring). A diversion might interrupt a target if the clone hits during a channel, but if the subsequent clones hit the target while dazed there’s no chance of halting strike interrupt procs because the target is locked out of skills, thus no channels, thus no interrupts. All that aside, unless a clone is on top of the target (and he has no stabos, aegis, etc) you’re not assuring that interrupt/halting strike proc. Clone placement is more unpredictable than the weather more times than not.

In conclusion: Halting Strike = not a passive trait. Only worth taking if you’re actively built with it in mind, and good enough to land consistent interrupts. Also worthless in anything but the most potent power builds.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

That is simply not true.

No it is very true, for the first 12 months or so, engy was the most nerfed class, some of the nerfs:

- In a single change went from the class with the highest stab uptime (juggernaut) to a class with barely any. (didn’t even have the crappy elxir B toss then)
- Shield 5 nerfed twice – duration, attack through block.
- Elixir R nerfed multiple times – cooldown increased, stun break removed, cast time added.
- Elixir S nerfed – used to be able to use toolbelt skills.
- IP – nerfed twice, burn duration shortened, got moved to master.
- Mines blast finsiher removed.
- Transmute nerfed
- Smoke bomb pulses nerfed.
- Automated Response nerfed
- Grenades – have been nerfed multiple times.
- Kit refinement – the effects were nerfed, but more importantly it was absolutely destroyed by going to a GCD.
- Vigour nerfed on engy by changing speedy kits to 10 sec duration.

And so on.

If i had to pick the most heavy nerfed class would probably be warrior, and will probably be just a matter of time before the class is killed entirely when they nerf cleansing ire.

LOL, warrior is one of the least nerfed classes, the most nerfed classes over the entire time are probably thief and mesmer, and of the nerfs the warrior has got most are down to the ridiculous buffs / changes that came in with the healing signet / cleansing ire patches.

Not that which is class is nerfed more actually means anything, all that matters is the result of those balance changes, thief has had a boatload of nerfs, but the core design is so broken that even after all those nerfs, yet again for a big tournie – WTS, there were still two thieves in the final, it is still the case for most classes other than the remedial faceroll that is medi guard that they wil be inferior to a zerker thief. Given the current state of the game the only classes that are in any position to complain are mesmer, necro & ranger.

It is funny this thread is people complaining about the passive IP, when you have disgustingly passive classes like warrior with high armour, high HP, the most ridiculous passive heal in existence, condi cleansing designed in a way that terrible players don’t even have to think about it, etc.

But then this thread is full of it, fullstop, instant IP proc is indeed lame in terms of counterplay, but then so are half skills in the game on that basis, everything from stealth to instant teleports to passive healing to random fear procs and so on.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

If i had to pick the most heavy nerfed class would probably be warrior 

Most heavily nerfed is thief mate no contest

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Thieves be acting like drama queens as usual.

OTHER CLASSES HAVE IT WORSE

WAKE UP!

Proof? THIEVES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF THE META

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

WAKE UP!

Rofl. When you nerf a god and bring him down to demi-god status, he’s still head and shoulders over the mere mortals that are all other classes :p

If Thief has been the most nerfed class (quantity, not quality, obviously), I say keep nerfing : D

in PvP

Aktium.9506

Not a Thief player, but Thieves do get nerfed consistently in every balance patch in one way or another. Speaking in terms of the numbers of nerfs I’d say Thief has definitely got the most of them out of any class. The fact that there hasn’t been a single meta where a good Thief wasn’t a favorable addition to a team does of course speak more for the class than than any amount of words.

in PvP

T raw.4658

WAKE UP!

Due to mobility only

Take away thieves SB and guess what happens?

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

WAKE UP!

Due to mobility only

What? Only Mobility?

Meta Thief eats almost any zerker spec except medi guard?

You thieves are delusional. You always act that your class has it harder. /facepalm

IF mobility was the case then Every team would have mesmers too! (how? PR forward blink, portal)

But why aren’t mesmers on majority of the teams?

You guessed it right, because thieves > most zerker specs.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

T raw.4658

WAKE UP!

Due to mobility only

What? Only Mobility?

You thieves are delusional. You always act that your class has it harder. /facepalm

IF mobility was the case then Every team would have mesmers too! (how? PR forward blink, portal)

You guessed it right, because thieves > most zerker specs.

There are a lot of zerker specs that destroy zerker thieves. The problem remains mobility in choice of zerker in those cases.

In cases of zerker mesmers isn’t 1v1 as much as being focused by a thief. In fact there are zerker builds for mesmer that destroy the meta thief builds….they just are tPvP viable.

They also tend to lack….guess what?

Mobility

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Due to mobility only

What? Only Mobility?

You guessed it right, because thieves > most zerker specs.[/quote]

Mesmers are nowhere near as mobile as thieves. Mesmer mobility is on long cooldown and shared with a breakstun.

Shhhh…

Thieves are not OP anymore, just frustrating.
Personally I would not mind if they got some small buffs if they could clean the reveal mechanic a bit.
Like if you block, the thief is revealed.