Engie Shield

Engie Shield

in PvP

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Please please please: increase the cooldown on toolkit block, and decrease the cooldown on shield skills.

Engie Shield

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Thanks for such an insightful and well reasoned argument for such nerfs. I’m sure anet will get right on it.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Engie Shield

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

This is a sustain Defense nerf.

I would approve this in addition to adding increased CD to mesmer shield and mesmer distortion (f4).

Along with increased (double) CD to endure pain or the removal of the endure pain trait.

I would increase the CD of obsidian flesh or make it an channeled mobile block instead of invulnerability.

I would Also reduce Ranger evades or Druid healing significantly.

I would remove the blast finisher on bound and triple the CD on Bandits Defense.

I Still see various sustain issues in the other unmentioned classes as well.

Necro is in a good spot sustain wise, but I would reduce the healing power coefficients for blood magic trait line.

Revenant needs a rework sustain wise free protection and regeneration in dragon stance has to go as well as any healing generated from their weapons. I mean… they already have two healing skills and healing on attack that is enough given their high damage output.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

Engie Shield

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I would approve this in addition to adding increased CD to mesmer shield and mesmer distortion (f4).

Along with increased (double) CD to endure pain or the removal of the endure pain trait.

I would increase the CD of obsidian flesh or make it an channeled mobile block instead of invulnerability.

I would remove the blast finisher on bound and triple the CD on Bandits Defense.

Necro is in a good spot sustain wise, but I would reduce the healing power coefficients for blood magic trait line.

Revenant needs a rework sustain wise free protection and regeneration in dragon stance has to go as well as any healing generated from their weapons. I mean… they already have two healing skills and healing on attack that is enough given their high damage output.

And I’m completely against this since this is ridiculous. Removing healing from weapons that are supposed to do exactly that. Also you can’t call something free if it uses half of the available resource.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Engie Shield

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

And I’m completely against this since this is ridiculous. Removing healing from weapons that are supposed to do exactly that. Also you can’t call something free if it uses half of the available resource.

What I am mentioning prevent a player from infinitely regenerating their health under any circumstances unless they go Cleric amulet. It is likely you enjoy being able to heal up multiple times on your respective class which is why you think their weapons were meant to heal. If you play with skill you will dodge or block that damage rather than simply out heal it with your defensive rotation. This will shorten the exchange on point so players can turn the tide of battle with strategies in tpvp rather than extended battles on point due to the ridiculous availability of sustain.

Engie Shield

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

What I am mentioning prevent a player from infinitely regenerating their health under any circumstances unless they go Cleric amulet. It is likely you enjoy being able to heal up multiple times on your respective class which is why you think their weapons were meant to heal. If you play with skill you will dodge or block that damage rather than simply out heal it with your defensive rotation. This will shorten the exchange on point so players can turn the tide of battle with strategies in tpvp rather than extended battles on point due to the ridiculous availability of sustain.

You assumed Incorrectly, revenenants lack self-healing capabilities in general with the exception of glints heal if you feed it.
Revenants sustain comes from active mitigation and some damage reduction for power.
Both staff and Shield are support weapons, also both legends associated are support oriented. No other weapon can heal.
Also while I’d love to play Ventari revenant in a competitive setting, unfortunately, due to the strong condi pressure right now and the lack of healing to compensate the loss of sustain it isn’t viable at all.
Removing healing from staff and Shield would completely destroy the little that remains for bunker revs and the only way it could work is if you increased the healing on the centaur stance by over 50% which would lead to some nice 12k healing from the VW+NH combo.
BTW if you combined all the useful healing on staff and Shield you’d get around 6k health without healing power and that’s around 28% of a marauders health.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Engie Shield

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Well if you think of nerfing Revenant sustain alone then yes they would not survive. I am asking a reduction to sustain for all classes which you must have forgotten. Asking for their sustain reductions and not revenant would be unfair. But you complain that bunker revenant would be nonviable. Is it that you prefer out-healing your opponents rather than outplaying them?

Engie Shield

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Well if you think of nerfing Revenant sustain alone then yes they would not survive. I am asking a reduction to sustain for all classes which you must have forgotten. Asking for their sustain reductions and not revenant would be unfair. But you complain that bunker revenant would be nonviable. Is it that you prefer out-healing your opponents rather than outplaying them?

It’s because I prefer being able to perform my job than not. If you knew anything about how bunker Rev works you wouldn’t be asking this question in the first place.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Engie Shield

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I know one thing for sure the developers Didn’t intend Revenant to be a bunker class. They intended it to be a condition or damage based class. They only added the defenses during beta testing and after successive updates because it couldn’t survive to dish out it’s intended massive damage. So I feel guardian or druid might be a better class for you if you like bunking but build variety dictates you are free to try anything that floats your boat I guess.

Engie Shield

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

I know one thing for sure the developers Didn’t intend Revenant to be a bunker class. They intended it to be a condition or damage based class. They only added the defenses during beta testing and after successive updates because it couldn’t survive to dish out it’s intended massive damage. So I feel guardian or druid might be a better class for you if you like bunking but build variety dictates you are free to try anything that floats your boat I guess.

I’m pretty sure Ventari existed waaaay before any betas.
And no there is a specific reason way none of those are suited, they are awefully boring to play.

Also I’m talking about support bunker Rev specifically.
For the bruiser/bunker role there is Jalis and he is equally underpowered.

None of the complaints during the beta were lack of sustain.
They were “damage on this weapon is ridiculously low even when fully specced for damage” (hammer/staff) and “this skills roots us and we can’t cancel it to dodge while we receive damage” (staff 5/sword 3/hammer 3).

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

Engie Shield

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Again though I don’t believe in a player being able to play immortal builds. It slows down the pace and exchanges of Tpvp as it takes too long to take players down.

Engie Shield

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Again though I don’t believe in a player being able to play immortal builds. It slows down the pace and exchanges of Tpvp as it takes too long to take players down.

Let’s be more specific, if we followed what you requested. Necros, warriors and scrappers would be the next set of OP professions, Eles would be on the same tier since they don’t really rely on active mitigation in the first place.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Engie Shield

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Let’s be more specific, if we followed what you requested. Necros, warriors and scrappers would be the next set of OP professions, Eles would be on the same tier since they don’t really rely on active mitigation in the first place.

Based on the damage variety I see, thief and revenant would probably be the most op classes after a sustain nerf to all classes. But it would depend on the build. Builds would be easier to counter. Shocking aura elementalist would heavily counter thief and revenant after sustain nerf. Ranger would be back instead of druid and waste elementalists. Warriors would finally be able to win based on counting dodges and timing their bursts. Guardian would finally have a set role as they are in a better spot sustain wise. Necro would lose miserably to chronomancer and ranger if sustain was nerfed while wrecking warriors guardians and thieves. But these are all speculations. The truth is there would be such an influx of variety players could take down enemies in a variety of ways. In the end the one with the faster reaction time would be OP.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)