Engies are breaking sPVP

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

You all know it, however not all are willing to admit it (engie players)

Their pressure is insane, especially when fighting on point. They can bunker and reliably destroy anyone 1v1. When a “bunker” class has such firepower is nothing but balanced. People complained about the old bunker guard. How about 1 with condie pressure coming close to necros with the “oh kitten” buttons of warriors?

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

“but but… they are balanced for tourney play!”

NO! they are not! Haven’t you seen the dual engie set up teams. And besides, this mentality if wrong because you don’t want a game mode only to apply to 20 players, do you?

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

umad bro this is esports :] enjoy top pvp worldwide anet #1 dev 10/10 would purchase gw3

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Turret-Engi-ruins-SPVP/page/2#post4558957

The same discussion is going on here. Please merge these threads because they are exactly the same. Thanks!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Yes engi’s have insanely spammy easy to use super strong cleave that once applied is very passive damage that allows them to safely range and/or LoS.

But their high power damage is at least active.

And yes their survivability is extremely strong due to passive regen and the best heal in the game and their Dot block and their invulnerability and stealth and CCs (soft and hard) and their range.

And yes their cool downs are such that they can always be using something strong at all times.

But let’s be real, every profession has things that feel OP.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Engis has been broken for a long time even before the runes and sigil change. But once Balthazar runes, strength and celestial were introduced, engis became God. IMHO IP needs to be removed like Dumb fire for necros. Engi already has access to burning on p/p, flamethrower and on Balthazar runes. All passives procs should be removed TBH.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Sorry necro is busy eating engis souls

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Sorry necro is busy eating engis souls

Add sf ele and condi ranger to that list. Ele dd is still considerable stronger with more group support, more mobility, more heals, more stun breaks, stability, more condi cleanse and better might stacking ability when compared to engi meta builds.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Spent yesterday trying to prevent my teams getting trolled by Hiba in soloq. Esportz.

At this end of the day its all down to matchups. What can’t be denied is celestial engi is a very versatile class with and against the majority of comps.

Phaatonn, London UK

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: The Cross Killer.2854

The Cross Killer.2854

Engis has been broken for a long time even before the runes and sigil change. But once Balthazar runes, strength and celestial were introduced, engis became God. IMHO IP needs to be removed like Dumb fire for necros. Engi already has access to burning on p/p, flamethrower and on Balthazar runes. All passives procs should be removed TBH.

Dhuumfire wasn’t removed. But i also want to see a similar change to IP. If the engi could control IP, it would add counterplay (and if played correct, more pressure from the engi).

Guns N Tools – Red Team[Blue] – twitch.tv/gunsnfools

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Dhuumfire wasn’t removed. But i also want to see a similar change to IP. If the engi could control IP, it would add counterplay (and if played correct, more pressure from the engi).

yeah but you get my point.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’m a mesmer player. No class is breaking pvp. We are currently in the most balanced state since launch. More improvements can be made, but the QQ is a bit much.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

I’m a mesmer player. No class is breaking pvp. We are currently in the most balanced state since launch. More improvements can be made, but the QQ is a bit much.

I disagree, the game is more broken now than back at launch.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

As an engineer main in PvP, I have to agree we are strong, sometimes too strong in some matchups, but veteran engineers know how to mitigate 1v1 pressure with positioning so your standard warrior isn’t going to do much if they can’t time their F1 skills or stick to an exploitable meta build.

Right now I have the easiest time beating mid-level thieves. There’s just nothing they can do to contest a point in PvP since stealth won’t allow them to cap. So they have to use cluster bombs, poison AoEs or sword teleport or just stick to ganks. I don’t hard counter them as much as guardians do but it’s kind of rough. Fighting them in roads however is more favorable to them.

Melee classes that don’t know positioning or don’t build to interrupt crate will most likely lose the 1v1 or not kill the engineer that’s built for trolling and running. If i had a dollar for every d/d ele that ran burning speed at me as an opener, I’d be a rich, rich man as well. But dps guards, hybrid warriors and eles that use chill+aoes tend to either kill me outright or seriously reduce my lifespan in team fights. I think the problem OP is having is with meta engineer builds. What I had to do was learn to counter meta engineers, just like I had to learn to counter power rangers and some high-powered necro builds. For me it’s all about reading that scoreboard before the match starts. The counter for a turret engi is different for the counter to a meta engineer. Like slick shoes (and most unblockable attacks) counter gear shield. Immobilize is death to a non-turret engi. Different things like that. The thing is there is no longer a standard build a class can put on that beats everything. Meta engineers do however beat most standard builds. But I do like the counterplay that comes along with that and that’s what keeps me coming back to gw2’s pvp.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

No class is breaking PvP. The classes that are too strong are barely too strong. (If you disagree, think about why almost every high-level player, regardless of class, agrees the game is as balanced as it’s ever been.)

With that said, engineers should have their condition output nerfed and cleansing buffed.

If you call passive fears, IP, fire+air proc, celestial amulet, Balthazar runes, strength runes balanced. Then you’re in denial, and that’s just scratching the surface.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

No class is breaking PvP. The classes that are too strong are barely too strong. (If you disagree, think about why almost every high-level player, regardless of class, agrees the game is as balanced as it’s ever been.)

With that said, engineers should have their condition output nerfed and cleansing buffed.

If you call passive fears, IP, fire+air proc, celestial amulet, Balthazar runes, strength runes balanced. Then you’re in denial, and that’s just scratching the surface.

Well I don’t think he claimed that sigils and runes were breaking PvP so why would you assume he’s in denial?

He only said that classes weren’t.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

MailMail.6534

I disagree. The game is less broken now than back at launch. See what I did there?

This is the only time where most classes often see top tier play and can be effective in such. Additionally, every class has multiple builds that are viable for solo q. It’s interesting that we base “balance” opinions on the top 3% of pvp, but I see a lot of build diversity in solo q, and I also don’t see one class dominating the scene.

The BIGGEST issue in pvp currently is not balance, but structural issues. Let’s focus on the real issues at hand such as 5v4s, match making, lack of efficient ranking system (ladders), reward system, fresh game modes, etc etc.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Well I don’t think he claimed that sigils and runes were breaking PvP so why would you assume he’s in denial?

He only said that classes weren’t.

d/d ele and engis are dominating pvp, you can try to defend your class all you want, but engi has been op for a long time untouched by the balance team. Ppl running double engi, double ele. You call that balanced, stacking the same professions? The same thing when warrriors were super op and spirit rangers, stacking those ham/bows… Anet didn’t learn anything when d/d ele was op back at launch, because they made them stronger when they introduced celestial. Now we got double d/d eles running around PvP again. So no, balance is worse now, because those runes and sigils changes made some classes ridiculously op.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

d/d ele and engis are dominating pvp, you can try to defend your class all you want, but engi has been op for a long time untouched by the balance team. Ppl running double engi, double ele. You call that balanced, stacking the same professions? The same thing when warrriors were super op and spirit rangers, stacking those ham/bows… Anet didn’t learn anything when d/d ele was op back at launch, because they made them stronger when they introduced celestial. Now we got double d/d eles running around PvP again. So no, balance is worse now, because those runes and sigils changes made some classes ridiculously op.

You know what?

There are teams at the maximum height of competition that run: Guardians, Mesmers, Necromancers, Warriors, Thieves, Elementalists, and Engineers. The only thing that’s underpowered in 5v5 conquest as the reason for it’s absence is the Ranger, at least in my opinion.

Some top teams think that Engineers and Necromancers are meh. Lots of top teams revere a Thief/Mes/Guardian core as the best possible setup. Maybe watch some EU gameplay, where there is a much broader pool of competitive players?

You have a chip on your shoulder about Celestial stats the sigils and runes that accompany them. Are you going to go out on a limb and say that they are out of line gamebreaking when you can toss on other powerful setups such as Air/Fire sigil combos on other professions?

Ele/Ele/Engi/Engi/Thief can lose to Necro/Engi/Thief/Warrior/Ele just fine. Maybe watch some of the weekly cups on NA?

Broaden your horizons a little.

Edit: The only thing limiting you from freely playing any profession, or comp you want is your own limiting beliefs. Unless you want to use multiple Rangers. LMAO.

^And if you want to argue me on that point, then I can confidently say that that it’s going to be 95% based on the player, and 5% based on the profession if you do ever hit a wall due to the comp you run.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

MailMail.6534

The whole concept of a “meta” is a self-fulfilling prophecy. As the above poster stated, most people in the pvp community from the elitist mid-tier limits themselves and their options.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

This thread is looking at only conquest aspects

Let’s be real here:
When you kitten the Engineer’s aspects from a game-wide point of view rather than just conquest, it is actually one of the least effective classes

Yes, Engineer is good in conquest while defending a small ground
But is it good in WvW organized zergs? No, It’s not used in elite compositions
Is it good in PvE? Not really, It’s amongst the least effective PvE classes

The problem isn’t Engineer
The problem is that Conquest is the only available match type
This makes Engineer look OP because it’s good at bunkering down in a tiny spot

If we had let’s say: “capture the flag” on a map as large as Lion’s Arch and as complex as the Mad King’s Labyrinth, the complaining would shift from Engineer and go towards Mobile Strike Warriors with Greatswords and Sword/Warhorn
And it’s not that Greatsword Sword/Warhorn is OP! It’s just good at that match up!

So consider this concept and remember that every class/build is meant to be good at certain things and not so good at others. This is what gives the game flavor.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 engine na and world first rank 80!

Get good sons! Less qq more learning the game! If i lost to a terrible turret engi i definitely wouldnt advertise that fact by making a whine thread on the 4ums! Thats way too embarassing! Id probably spend a lot of time trying to get good! PS chaith plz stream I’m at my frand’s house and everybody is asleep and I am bored! The public wants eyebrows

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I don’t think “broken” means what you think it means.

In my experience, posters who repeat the buzz words of the day, such as "broken"and appear to make a solid effort to avoid posting a comprehensive explanation as to how they feel something is a problem, it generally turns out to be a poor build or weak play style for those particular build. But that it just what my experience has taught me.

For example, you claim:

d/d ele and engis are dominating pvp

Prove it?

I am not seeing a lot of either. I see more mesmer and thieves then eles, engies, or rangers, all of which are they top OP claims at the moments.

Precisely what is OP specifically? List the builds for those professions that are problematic would you please?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

For example, you claim:

Prove it?

I am not seeing a lot of either. I see more mesmer and thieves then eles, engies, or rangers, all of which are they top OP claims at the moments.

I honestly cannot tell if you are trolling or if you are being serious. You don’t see many d/d ele or engi? Tip of the day: watch the weekly cups

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

coglin.1867

For example, you claim:

Prove it?

I honestly cannot tell if you are trolling or if you are being serious. You don’t see many d/d ele or engi? Tip of the day: watch the weekly cups

The OP made a definitive declaration based on his personal experience. I demonstrated how my personal differences. The better tip might be for you to understand the topic, then it would be to try to make a backhanded comments. What do you play? Who do you play for, in the weekly cups? Or are you trying to make points based on experiences you do not have?

By the way, does the weekly cup represent the entirety of PvP? or are you using a very small subset as your evidence?

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

For example, you claim:

Prove it?

The OP made a definitive declaration based on his personal experience. I demonstrated how my personal differences. The better tip might be for you to understand the topic, then it would be to try to make a backhanded comments. What do you play? Who do you play for, in the weekly cups? Or are you trying to make points based on experiences you do not have?

By the way, does the weekly cup represent the entirety of PvP? or are you using a very small subset as your evidence?

In the time it took you to write this, you could be watching the weekly cup. Then you’d see the classes run by the top teams. Decide for yourself if you see ele or engi. Then you don’t need to have a personal opinion. You can just see the facts for yourself.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

coglin.1867

No thanks. I prefer to think for myself. You should try it some time. You might enjoy it. Perhaps it would allow you to understand that a very very limited anecdotal situation is hardly evidence, much less proof.

you don’t need to have a personal opinion. You can just see the facts for yourself.

Fact doesn’t mean what you appear to believe it means.

Personally, I do not see how 20 players in one tourny limited to 1/3 of the regional servers, represents the community as a whole. Particular when I see more mesmers, thieves, and rangers by far when I log in to play PvP myself.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

In my experience, posters who repeat the buzz words of the day, such as "broken"and appear to make a solid effort to avoid posting a comprehensive explanation as to how they feel something is a problem, it generally turns out to be a poor build or weak play style for those particular build. But that it just what my experience has taught me.

For example, you claim:

Prove it?

Precisely what is OP specifically? List the builds for those professions that are problematic would you please?

Players stacking double d/d eles pushing the bunker guard out of the meta. And stacking double engis, P/P with Balthazar runes and Celestial rifle.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Players stacking double d/d eles pushing the bunker guard out of the meta. And stacking double engis, P/P with Balthazar runes and Celestial rifle.

Yeah okay because those guys on that team are doing it, it must be the new meta, and for that to happen, it must be overpowered. Engies must be overpowered. That logic.

To be completely honest, Necro/Engi is going to get teams more mileage than Engi/Engi, if the team is creating a suitable environment for the Necro to gank and excel at.

Double Engi is not even meta… I think that there is only one team doing that and staying somewhat competitive.

I think D/D Ele has pushed out Warriors and Rangers as the on-point holders and 1v1 side pointers. And when you don’t run a Mesmer who needs long range cleansing, and use a strategy that would pit an otherwise Guardian into a 2v2 that’s hard to win, Ele makes a lot more sense than Guardian.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Yeah okay because those guys on that team are doing it, it must be the new meta, and for that to happen, it must be overpowered. Engies must be overpowered. That logic.

To be completely honest, Necro/Engi is going to get teams more mileage than Engi/Engi, if the team is creating a suitable environment for the Necro to gank and excel at.

Double Engi is not even meta… I think that there is only one team doing that and staying somewhat competitive.

I think D/D Ele has pushed out Warriors and Rangers as the on-point holders and 1v1 side pointers. And when you don’t run a Mesmer who needs long range cleansing, and use a strategy that would pit an otherwise Guardian into a 2v2 that’s hard to win, Ele makes a lot more sense than Guardian.

I never said because your team is running it, stop putting words in my mouth. You’re not the only ones doing it. Players have been running double engi and double d/d since the runes and sigil change. And you don’t need to explain to me anything about strategy, I know the reason why they choose ele over guard. This is not the first time we’ve seen players running double d/d eles, we saw the same thing back at launch.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

For example, you claim:

Prove it?

You just wait to the WTS, the Europeans will dominate you just like how they dominated the Native Americans when they set foot on North America. The NA bow and arrow type meta wont stand a chance against the European cannon and rifle type meta (American Indians vs European Conquistadors). You guys will learn why we learn so much about not American history, not about Asian history, but European history. Because when time comes to WTS, you’ll be mind blown by what the Europeans can do and why we have an emphasis on European history.

Ultimately learn why its best to copy the EU meta builds compared to NA meta builds (when I try new profession, its normally an EU build, makes more sense than NA builds)

Another factor, is that Europeans are team players while Americans are more individualists. If you look at the teams, most American players have switched and moved from team to team, while the Europeans seem to remain stable. I’m not too satisfied with the team representing team NA but if I could handpick players (not from a selected list) but players who I KNOW are good, not these preppy popular kids, I know they’d destroy EU.. But too many people out for themselves, hence why NA is going to get whooped by EU. Double ele’s (individualists) vs a guardian (team player)…. Hrmmm I know which meta is going to win, no contest.

You know why romans did so good? Because phalanx… Team fighting rather than being all individualistic.

I know this way off topic, but that guy’s statement just made me have to make a post.

Yes I hate turret engy and they are overpowered, especially when you notice your team not capping home because 1 dude is so powerful he scares your entire team to not attempt taking back home because you’d lose other fights and get 3 capped and then lose fight at home and game over.

Probably why you have these “lets teach you how to rotate” I already KNOW HOW TO ROTATE, you cant do it effectively when you got overpowered turrets and an annoying engy that is at home making your team play all weird because its not use to “just let enemy have home.”, theres always a newb that tries to take home from overpowered engy and fails and rest of team fails elsewhere and game is lost because that overpowered turrets won the game.

Yes it’s skills to play engy that good, but its just like Skyhammer, one guy too much skills wins determines who wins the game because not everyone can play engy at that high caliber and its not a bunch of turret engies its normally that one guy you see over and over again in the tiny population of solo que. Just like Skyhammer solo que games, if that ONE guy isn’t on your team, you lost. (nobody on team can 1v1 guy on the hammer, your team cant 2v1 the guy on the hammer, the guy on the hammer is just simple too amazing and hence you lost the game), (nobody on your team can 1v1 the engy, you cant 2v1 the engy, you lost as well).

Like Darth Vanquisher, I think that’s his name, not sure if he plays turret engy but he’s always going far and he wins far and wins the game, and hes an engy. Theres other engies that play with complete dominance, but when you get faced against one that owns you and your team all day game after game all you remember is his name.

Its ironic how the people that dominates are engy. I remember when automated response was 100% (like it should be), I use to do same thing, go far and sumo the kitten out of the bunker at far and I’d win games because of that, and because I could 1v2 people as well.

With AR gone and this new meta turrets, its no different. Just AI annoying you instead of the knockbacks and the 100% immunity.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

They are? Oh wait I’m a necro.
But seriously, engis are only powerful due to outside sources, well besides incinerary powder. they need to be careful about how they go about things with their balance because it could easily leave the class useless.

Säïnt

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

They are? Oh wait I’m a necro.
But seriously, engis are only powerful due to outside sources, well besides incinerary powder. they need to be careful about how they go about things with their balance because it could easily leave the class useless.

Problem is, they play like wildcards.
Ex. Turret engies, they go far 90% of the time.

Your team yells at bunker to go home, and guess what, the bunker buster (turret engy) is there and bunker gets whooped, and your team yells at him because he died and tells him to get home, and he gets whooped again. What should happen is the Mesmer or 1v1 player on your team should get home instead, but they are dps and those players think dps dps, mid far dps. They don’t even contemplate getting home because they “weren’t designed to fight at home”. Most solo que’ers they have this mindset that they only go far and mid, ‘I gotta be with the team fights’. So you lose the game because when you realize that the reason you cant cap home is because of a bunker buster is there and time you get everyone to fight him, your most likely 3 capped and fighting at home and the enemy team is at your home point too, lingering the game on and racking up that 3 cap while your team gets frustrated.

What those “Lemme teach you how to rotate” guides don’t teach you is that just because your a certain class doesn’t mean you only do certain things, you gotta adapt to wildcards and when a bunker buster likes to go far, you let your 1v1 dude hold home even though they aren’t bunker, because they will do much better against the engy than a bunker would (they get owned by turrets).

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I never said because your team is running it, stop putting words in my mouth.

Whatever you say, pal. Your comment was 100% a reference to The Abjured after the Go4cup tonight.

The Dankening, Boreal, SlipperyDingoWranglers, Radioactive, Sharks with Lazers, the Absurd…

Nobody is running double Engi. I’m also telling you it’s not ideal, as well. Lmfao. It’s only ideal for us because Nos can’t go to china and we have 2 Engi mains.

So yes, you saying that double Engi in the same breath as ‘double Ele is pushing Guardian out of the meta’ is pretty wrong.

You’re not the only ones doing it. Players have been running double engi and double d/d since the runes and sigil change. And you don’t need to explain to me anything about strategy, I know the reason why they choose ele over guard. This is not the first time we’ve seen players running double d/d eles, we saw the same thing back at launch.

No, this is actually the first time in the history of GW2 that Guardians have not been a meta choice on NA. There may have been double Ele, but there never has been no Guards.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Whatever you say, pal. Your comment was 100% a reference to The Abjured after the Go4cup tonight.

The Dankening, Boreal, SlipperyDingoWranglers, Radioactive, Sharks with Lazers, the Absurd…

Nobody is running double Engi. I’m also telling you it’s not ideal, as well. Lmfao. It’s only ideal for us because Nos can’t go to china and we have 2 Engi mains.

So yes, you saying that double Engi in the same breath as ‘double Ele is pushing Guardian out of the meta’ is pretty wrong.

You’re not the only ones doing it. Players have been running double engi and double d/d since the runes and sigil change. And you don’t need to explain to me anything about strategy, I know the reason why they choose ele over guard. This is not the first time we’ve seen players running double d/d eles, we saw the same thing back at launch.

No, this is actually the first time in the history of GW2 that Guardians have not been a meta choice on NA. There may have been double Ele, but there never has been no Guards.

LOL, I don’t watch any streams and IDC about your team or anybody elses (no offense). And you’re wrong, ele took over the role of guard back at launch, for the same reasons they’re been played right now.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

LOL, I don’t watch any streams and IDC about your team or anybody elses (no offense). And you’re wrong, ele took over the role of guard back at launch, for the same reasons they’re been played right now.

Sure bud. I say that it’s only because of ‘some team’ you mention that double engi comp, and you were the first to bring up the Abjured, and knew they shared that comp already.

I think you are caught. I can get Toker to give you an autograph if you like.

We can agree to disagree about Guardians being pushed out of the meta at launch. Guards were everything at launch.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Sure bud. I say that it’s only because of ‘some team’ you mention that double engi comp, and you were the first to bring up the Abjured, and knew they shared that comp already.

We can agree to disagree about Guardians being pushed out of the meta at launch. Guards were everything at launch.

Just wait till WTS. You’ll notice why Europeans will win.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

LOL, Where did I mentioned your team in any of my post??? I think somebody is paranoid……………… Stop bringing your Pals into this, creating drama out of nothing. I’ve never thought you were this sensitive.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I never said because your team is running it, stop putting words in my mouth. You’re not the only ones doing it.

This is what I am joking with you about. The fact that you knew what team I’m on and what comp I run. Lol.

But I have no interest in “starting drama, bringing my pals into it, or being paranoid.” I just wanted to let you know that you are wrong about double Engi being popular/meta Which I think I have sufficiently done.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

I never said because your team is running it, stop putting words in my mouth. You’re not the only ones doing it.

This is what I am joking with you about. The fact that you knew what team I’m on and what comp I run. Lol.

But I have no interest in “starting drama, bringing my pals into it, or being paranoid.” I just wanted to let you know that you are wrong about double Engi being popular/meta Which I think I have sufficiently done.

I know because I heard it from one of my friends, not because I care what team you’re on. Lol Engi is meta……. it doesn’t matter how many your bring, they’re op as hell. But don’t worry, I’m sure “Grouch” will protect your class from nerfs. LMAO

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I know because I heard it from one of my friends, not because I care

Hahahahaha

Lol Engi is meta……. it doesn’t matter how many your bring, they’re op as hell. But don’t worry, I’m sure “Grouch” will protect your class from nerfs. LMAO

Well I am just happy at least that you ditched the argument that ‘Engies r op cuz everybody takes 2 engies, remember when other professions were op and they took 2 of that class too?’

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Hahahahaha

Lol Engi is meta……. it doesn’t matter how many your bring, they’re op as hell. But don’t worry, I’m sure “Grouch” will protect your class from nerfs. LMAO

Well I am just happy at least that you ditched the argument that ‘Engies r op cuz everybody takes 2 engies, remember when other professions were op and they took 2 of that class too?’

LOL, again putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said engis are op because ppl run 2. You’re pahetic, sensitive and in denial. PZzzzzzzz

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Hahahahaha

LOL, again putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said engis are op because ppl run 2. You’re pahetic, sensitive and in denial. PZzzzzzzz

Did you already forget that you said this:

Ppl running double engi, double ele. You call that balanced, stacking the same professions? The same thing when warrriors were super op and spirit rangers, stacking those ham/bows

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Hahahahaha

Did you already forget that you said this:

Ppl running double engi, double ele. You call that balanced, stacking the same professions? The same thing when warrriors were super op and spirit rangers, stacking those ham/bows

Where did I said they’re oP because they run 2?? I never said they’re op because they run two in there………. lol If you ran out things to say, then get back at me when you stop being in DENIAL. You’re class is op, everbody knows it, even you.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Where did I said they’re oP because they run 2?? I never said they’re op because they run two in there……….

Trying to make a point vs. illiterate people is tough. I put it in bold for you if you want to sound it out again.

lol If you ran out things to say, then get back at me when you you’re stop being in DENIAL. You’re class is op, everbody knows it, even you.

As you tell me that I’m ‘in denial’ for the third time.. or that I’m sensitive, ‘pahetic’, paranoid, lmao. Don’t project your problems onto me. :P

Here’s my perspective on picks for conquest, and what’s more essential. This is where I feel ’what’s OP’ is more easily gleaned because this is what the game is balanced around. When you’re picking a strong comp in NA, Step 1: Get a really good Elementalist. Step 2: Get a good Necromancer (these are almost unicorns), Step 3: Get a really good Thief. Step 4: Pick the last 2-3 people on the team in this ideal order, but over-rided by what they main: Engineer, Elementalist, Warrior, Ranger.

In my opinion, Engineer is a top pick but not in overpowered territory for a couple reasons.

• Severely hard countered by Necromancer. RIP TCG with an Engi vs. that double condition Necro duo in today’s G4cup. RIP Oeggs and Five Gauge when Nos (necro) was on his game during the last 2/3 G4cups.
  • Engi doesn’t have the advantage against D/D Ele on a side point.
  • Can’t deny boons and decisively kill something as well as Thief or Necro.

I don’t want to oversimplify the Engineer, but these are two big reasons why Engineer can’t just easily poop all over a team. There are a ton of good things about Engineer that I acknowledge as well, just touching the cons as to why Engineer is kept in check.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Just going to chime in. Being weak to condi-burst isn’t a good argument to a professions weakness. Also going back to my point in another thread where condi cleanse can be achieved except most engineer’s choose not to run it. I’ve been saying it constantly and this is why we have Ele’s where they are today, you should never have the best of both worlds.

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Just going to chime in. Being weak to condi-burst isn’t a good argument to a professions weakness. Also going back to my point in another thread where condi cleanse can be achieved except most engineer’s choose not to run it. I’ve been saying it constantly and this is why we have Ele’s where they are today, you should never have the best of both worlds.

Ah.. actually, I will say that an Engineer does not have condition removal options that a Necromancer would be affected by, Arken.

Elixir C doesn’t break stun (terror chains). You can’t cleanse yourself with Cleaning Elixir 409 because that requires that you cast Elixirs. You are in a terror chain with poor stunbreaks.

You are an Engineer using Elixir C or Cleaning Elixir 409? You are then better off on another profession such as Ele or Warrior.

Engineer has no counter to Necro but to avoid, or relog an Ele/Warrior. Please don’t confuse that for wilful laziness or a lack of desire to counter it.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Where did I said they’re oP because they run 2?? I never said they’re op because they run two in there……….

Trying to make a point vs. illiterate people is tough. I put it in bold for you if you want to sound it out again.

lol If you ran out things to say, then get back at me when you you’re stop being in DENIAL. You’re class is op, everbody knows it, even you.

As you tell me that I’m ‘in denial’ for the third time.. or that I’m sensitive, ‘pahetic’, paranoid, lmao. Don’t project your problems onto me. :P

Here’s my perspective on picks for conquest, and what’s more essential. This is where I feel ’what’s OP’ is more easily gleaned because this is what the game is balanced around. When you’re picking a strong comp in NA, Step 1: Get a really good Elementalist. Step 2: Get a good Necromancer (these are almost unicorns), Step 3: Get a really good Thief. Step 4: Pick the last 3 people on the team in this ideal order, but over-rided by what they main: Engineer, Elementalist, Warrior, Ranger.

In my opinion, Engineer is a top pick but not in overpowered territory for a couple reasons.

• Severely hard countered by Necromancer. RIP TCG with an Engi vs. that double condition Necro duo in today’s G4cup. RIP Oeggs and Five Gauge when Nos (necro) was on his game during the last 2/3 G4cups.
  • Engi doesn’t have the advantage against D/D Ele on a side point.

I don’t want to oversimplify the Engineer, but these are two big reasons why Engineer can’t just easily poop all over a team.

Every profession has hard counters. Thief hard counters Mes, Engi hard counters thief, war, and pretty much everybody except Necro. Engi vs Ele is pretty even IMHO. Try playing a Mes with 0 condi removal in a meta where everybody does condi dmg. So you see you have it easy.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Every profession has hard counters. Thief hard counters Mes, Engi hard counters thief, war, and pretty much everybody except Necro. Engi vs Ele is pretty even IMHO.

Ele’s hard counter is..?

Necro’s hard counter is..?

There are no very-unfavorable matchups for the meta builds on these 2 professions.

But okay. Engineer has a hard counter and that’s cool and the way it should be. But that’s hardly a good thing to point out when you’re trying to say that Engineers are overpowered compared to other professions.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engies are breaking sPVP

in PvP

ghaleon.2861

Ele vs Necro is even, just like Ele vs Engi is pretty even too. But engi hard counters everbody else after that. We have 8 profession, you only get hard counter by 1(necro). So you see, it is a good thing to point out regarding how OP the engi is. He’s able to hard counter everybody else except Necro. Perma swiftness, Supply crate, Gear shield 16 sec cd traited + exilir S, 5 sec stealth, IP, balthazar runes, strength runes, celestial Amulet. Best 2v1 class in the game, gets away with so much crap. So yes overpowered by a lot.

Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]