Engineer Turrets Traits Broken

in PvP

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

So much for turret diversity!
Follow link for a explanation done on the engi forum :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Bug-Metal-Plating-and-Rifled-Turret-Barrels/first#post1949045

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Well if arenanet sees a decline in turret use for this months data at least now they know why.

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Well if arenanet sees a decline in turret use for this months data at least now they know why.

How can there possibly be a decline in turret use?

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I’m still using the Supply Crate…
but no other turrets. Lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

in PvP

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

This is really disappointing considering how many times Anet has tried to make turrets more viable with each patch. Now every Inventions line turret trait is completely broken. Turrets without traits to support them are just as bad as, well, gadgets.

I hope by bumping up this topic, these problems get acknowledged quickly and are patched, preferably before next month. If I recall correctly, thieves got one of their broken traits fixed within a day.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

If I recall correctly, thieves got one of their broken traits fixed within a day.

Yes, but that was with something that was actually being used. The nice thing about having a set of utility skills that isn’t strong enough to use is that if those skills are also bugged, it doesn’t really hurt anyone’s gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Devinchi.2756

Devinchi.2756

If I recall correctly, thieves got one of their broken traits fixed within a day.

Yes, but that was with something that was actually being used. The nice thing about having a set of utility skills that isn’t strong enough to use is that if those skills are also bugged, it doesn’t really hurt anyone’s gameplay.

I won’t deny that turrets are still lackluster, but I’ve seen some solid turret bunkers out there prior to this latest patch. I just don’t see how a patch can unintentionally wipe out an entire set of traits and not be fixed or even officially acknowledged immediately, especially since Anet has done so previously for situations of a lesser magnitude.

It’s even a bigger deal that already mediocre utilities are suffering from such a bug because as devs have stated in many SOTG interviews, their method of balancing revolves largely around bringing weaker specs up to par. Turrets have been receiving incremental buffs over the past few patches, but none of that matters when the greatest weakness of turrets (survivability and damage) are worse now than they have ever been.

Heavy Charrtillery – lvl 80 Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I won’t deny that turrets are still lackluster, but I’ve seen some solid turret bunkers out there prior to this latest patch. I just don’t see how a patch can unintentionally wipe out an entire set of traits and not be fixed or even officially acknowledged immediately, especially since Anet has done so previously for situations of a lesser magnitude.

It’s even a bigger deal that already mediocre utilities are suffering from such a bug because as devs have stated in many SOTG interviews, their method of balancing revolves largely around bringing weaker specs up to par. Turrets have been receiving incremental buffs over the past few patches, but none of that matters when the greatest weakness of turrets (survivability and damage) are worse now than they have ever been.

Sorry, I was being facetious. It’s still true that turrets aren’t generally considered viable even when they’re working, but yes, I’ve seen a good turret engi as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Brko.3079

Brko.3079

what hurt most is ignorance of developers, they don’t even acknowledge that the traits r broken since patch… and we r not thieves so we cant expect patch any time soon….
fix within 24h would be overkill for engi community… developers don’t visit engi forums…. we r used for this kind of treatment… ignorance

The Disconnected [LAG]
EU Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Broken trait you say?

Well if its anything like how they deal with the Scope trait, they’ll say that the script looks fine 8 months later with no concrete indication they’ll fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I’m realy tired of posting everywhere I can to get that thing fixed. It is just so frustrating, my turret engineer is my favourite profession, but I hate playing it now because it just doesn’t work out with broken traits. I even posted it on the Elixir S bug thread with Jon Peters checking out the issue and I’m pretty sure he didn’t saw it like the last time when I had to cry on every freaking threads to get my CD reduction on flame turret with deployable turret trait, wich by the way, I only got after this update…

Also they have done something very wrong with the hitbox from turrets! Wait for an AoE to hit the ground put it 100 units away from the red circle or put a turret 100 units behind an ennemy NPC and watch it melt down when it is not even supposed to get hit!

I’m not going to wait another month to hope getting things fixed, and get other issues as a replacement, I’m an unsatisfied costumer right now and I’m going to get very angry if they don’t fix this very soon!

in PvP

Posted by: Brko.3079

Brko.3079

still no word from developers on current issues?…. i am getting tired of all this treatment, would be nice to see “hey we got your massage, and we will investigate the issue”, but who cares isn’t it?

The Disconnected [LAG]
EU Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

Obviously, the turrets are so bad the QA testers refuse to use them….

Honestly, how does something like THREE traits (one of them grandmaster) get through the QA guys?

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Honestly, how does something like THREE traits (one of them grandmaster) get through the QA guys?

You think they are real? O_O

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

still no word from developers on current issues?…. i am getting tired of all this treatment, would be nice to see “hey we got your massage, and we will investigate the issue”, but who cares isn’t it?

Hey, if this would be a broken warrior or thief trait, we would see a fix in 24 h. But since it is an engineer issue, it is okay that is broken for months. Like scope trait has been broken since launch and reported countless of times. And short fuse still doesn’t work underwater with the grenadier trait:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Fuse
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scope

I would want to want to hear the developers explain in plain English why engineers are nerfed with every single patch and every single patch breaks something. Engineers are still good in tpvp, but tournament level pvp shouldn’t be the main source skill balancing. I am pretty sure >95% of the GW2 population never does tpvp.

Engineers are still the rarest professions in pve and WvWvW (high skill cap, no easy builds, engineers cannot bring anything unique other professions cannot). Why you don’t separate engineer skills for pvp and pve and WvWvW? Even a small child understands that the turrets have way too low health to be viable in WvWvW (now with the new traits arrow carts do over 2k dmg/second up to 50 targets). <6k health for a healing turret, while ranger pets can have almost 30k health and heal, and… move!

Yes, the biggest bug related to turrets that they have way too low health considering they are immobile.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I agree. Health on turrets is too low. They have some nice overcharged abilities but they aren’t worth if the enemy can destroy them in a few hits.

Glasscannon hitting an engineer pet of the lower hp type class(wolf, not bear) still needs a lot of hits.