Engineer Turrets need a Deactivation Range

in PvP

Posted by: Haleth.7543

Haleth.7543

Engineer Turrets provide too much support while the Engineer is away. They need to be shut-down to prevent bunker support while the Engineer is away.

“I’m a soldier, a ground-pounder, front-line infantry. I face the enemy head-on.”

Grundar Sanguare [POOF] Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

It is your job to ‘shut-down’ the turrets while the engi is not there to protect the turrets. Deactivating the turrets if the engi is not there would reduce the utility of the turrets significantly. This would basically make the turret engi build even more glued to a point than they currently are. Why would you want to reduce the amount of strategy that can be used.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It is your job to kill the Panther while the Ranger is not there to protect his faithful kitty. Killing the panther if the Ranger is not there would reduce the utility of the pet significantly. This would basically make the Ranger build even more glued to a point than they currently are. Why would you want to reduce the amount of strategy that can be used?

I’m not being serious of course because the leash range, much like the request for turrets to despawn, is reasonable.

in PvP

someone.7485

The pet follows the ranger around. Engis would love to have the turrets actually follow them. Your comparison does not work. The fact the turrets still work without the engi there at least partially makes up for this. The turrets despawn after 5minutes btw.

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The pet follows the ranger around. Engis would love to have the turrets actually follow them. Your comparison does not work. The fact the turrets still work without the engi there at least partially makes up for this. The turrets despawn after 5minutes btw.

The Ranger’s damage is also handicapped for that pet. The pet can be crit, CC’d, and condi’d. It also can’t hit moving targets reliably.

Trust me when I tell you that you want nothing the Ranger has to offer and the OP’s suggestion is still quite valid.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Honestly doing what the OP suggest would destory the point of having “turrets” in the first place. If were gonna do that we might as well say ranger traps cant be active when the ranger isnt there. But there traps arent they? The entire point is to leave them there for someone to step on right? Same deal with turrets.

Im assuming your kitteny because the engineer left his turrets to grant dps to a bunker guard while he assisted a push on another point. In other words your kitteny because the turret engineer did his kitten job and he did it WELL. Thats EXACTLY what he should have done in that situation. Let me put this to you though. If you attempted to push that point anyway then your a fool.

Instead you could have gone and helped the point that engi was assaulting and effing killed him. Hes an engineer running around without utilities. Meaning hes a walking corpse. Meanign hes a free kill and a free rally and VERY likely a free capture point. That you didn’t and instead came to the forum to complain about it speaks wonders.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

someone.7485

The OP’s suggestion would make turret engi builds even less effective on a team. You do realize turrets have extremely long cool downs which prevents the engi from just picking them up and taking the turrets with them. Already teams with turret engis have trouble against good teams because the lack of mobility of turrets. Usually this allows the other team to have more numbers in a fight. Or it is equal numbers with the engi not being that effective. Most teams avoid fighting on a point with turrets when there are equal numbers or they take out the turret engi ASAP.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

So let me get this straight…

You had difficulty decapping a node that was completely unguarded because of a few AI turrets from a worthless build! And then you come onto the 4ums to complain how OP this worthless build is and ask for nerfs! Very interesting!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

ouch ArrDee I was atleast gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and assume there was a bunker on it.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Haleth.7543

You had difficulty decapping a node that was completely unguarded because of a few AI turrets from a worthless build! And then you come onto the 4ums to complain how OP this worthless build is and ask for nerfs! Very interesting!

The node wasn’t completely unguarded. It was guarded by a thief who I could not remove from the point, and I was unable to even approach the point without taking three or four rockets, nets, flames, and other shenannigans in the face. In addition the healing turret made it much simpler for the thief to stay on point, while I was unable to do any damage or rotate out because of the same situation on other points.

“I’m a soldier, a ground-pounder, front-line infantry. I face the enemy head-on.”

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Your not helping your case mate. It just makes you sound even more foolish for attacking a defended point instead of hunting down the now utility lacking engineer. As hard as this may be for you to accept. That engineer outplayed you. Probably without even knowing you were there. There was nothing stopping you from hitting a different point. Leaving both the thief AND the turrets behind. Thats 1.5 people they didnt have on other points. It was YOUR mistake. Not the strength of the turrets that lost you that fight.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Haleth.7543

Did you not read what I said? The same situation was going on in other points and we were unable to cap anything because of turret bunker engis.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Did you not read what I said? The same situation was going on in other points and we were unable to cap anything because of turret bunker engis.

The node wasn’t completely unguarded. It was guarded by a thief who I could not remove from the point, and I was unable to even approach the point without taking three or four rockets, nets, flames, and other shenannigans in the face. In addition the healing turret made it much simpler for the thief to stay on point, while I was unable to do any damage or rotate out because of the same situation on other points.

Where in the world did you say anything about multiple turret engis? I dont see a single thing here about that.

Are you going to claim there was one on each point? Strange if theres one on each point than means atleast two engis are running around with there utilities being useless when you do the SIMPLEST thing in the game. Zerg. You put 5 people on one point. Kill the kittens there. And move to the next. Its pathetically easy to zerg turret engis unless they are VERY well organized together. Which is another case of them outplaying you and not the class being overpowered.

Lets think about this logically. In this situation where theres a turret engi on every point you could go to thats three engineers. You also claimed there was a thief defending the point. That means they have 3 turret engineers and a thief. If they have turrets up on every point. That means that each engineer is running with there utilities being left behind. So if theres a 4v4 on home while you were getting BUTCHERED at far. Two of the three engineers on home are acting as half a player. Meaning its actually a 4v3. (infact your team probably had even more of an advantage) and thats assuming mid is completely open for you to take except for a bit of scrap metal. (Why you wouldnt go mid instead of trying to fight the thief I will never undesrtand)

And thats the worst case scenario for you. Your team should have EASILY wiped them at home. Then crushed any resistance they could muster at mid. Hell you should have taken mid WHILE they crushed them at home. Meaning you could have decapped mid and had any turrets there dead by the time the thief on far reached you.

In that scenario if you still lots its because you got outplayed….hard. Your team payed as little attention as you did.

Now. Assuming there was an actual turret engineer defending mid with his turrets. Then YOU could have some trouble. But your team would be having a 4vs2.5 on home…..No excuses there either.

Wanna know what I think happened? I think your entire team tried to be heroes. I think you sent people to each point instead of actually acting like a team and calmly steamrolling the map. Take a point. leave someone behind to engage the next person to come at it and take the next point. In this case your team got butchered because 3 of you tried to perform small scale fighting on tiny circles against builds designed for exactly that situation.

Again. In EVERY situation. You got outplayed by turret engineers.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Haleth.7543

So you’re saying we should zerg every point while they just rotate and respawn turrets? If that strategy works I’ll be in Wood 5 by Sunday.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Mate people have been saying to either zerg or ignore the turret engi ever since they got buffed. Theres a reason for that. Because it works.

As for them “rotating and respawning turrets” have you forgotten what were talking here? The very reason turret engis dont make it to high level play is because they CANT rotate effectively against anyone with the map awareness of a mule. Hell im not even a top player and once I know theres a turret engi on a point I watch that point for hte rest of the game for him to leave. Other than that i just take another point.

As for them respawning turrets. In this situation you dont even have to worry about hte turrets. just call your target and hit him with attacks from 3 different people and hes dead. Always. Turret engis have NOTHING to juke with except for an annoying to pull off stealth trick with flame turret active that doesnt even work half the time if your taking accelerent packed turrets. They have no blocks. No massive healing. No heavy condi cleanse. Meaning you can kill them with any attack of your choice. The worst thatl happen is you might get thumped once but in that situation it should even matter.

This works if theres one or three turret engineers unless there all in TS and coordinating CCs and cooldowns to take down targets. Which means HEY there outplaying you.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It is your job to ‘shut-down’ the turrets while the engi is not there to protect the turrets. Deactivating the turrets if the engi is not there would reduce the utility of the turrets significantly. This would basically make the turret engi build even more glued to a point than they currently are. Why would you want to reduce the amount of strategy that can be used.

Yeah, because we go into PvP to fight PvE.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Yeah, because we go into PvP to fight PvE.

Thats the kind of mentality thats gonna lose you those fights.

Dont see it as PvE. Its not. The decision to bring and put it there was made by a player. The decision to activate there abilities is made by a player. The decision to leave them behind on a point…is done by a player. Theres no difference between fighting a turret engis turrets than there is dodging out of a rangers traps. Or kiting out a warriors stances. Or destroying a mesmers phantasmal beserker.

Its a different method to PvP. And the more you dismiss it as PvE The more likely that player is gonna use them in a combo you havnt seen or bothered to pay attention to and kill you.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The Tur-gineer is basically meat on a string without it’s turrets, which means it’s a free kill.

So by leaving it’s turrets, it has made a L2P mistake and will likely die.

As perhaps OP did when clicking Ranked Queue instead of Practice.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Oh please, stop acting like you all suddenly got good in PVP because of your skills.

A brain dead player can roll turret engie and be as effective as a medium skilled players. So shove your attitudes.

The OP cries for that broken kitten class are justified and that class WILL get nerfed, you all know it. Stop pretending you are the best players in sPVP and suddenly everyone else got demoted to nub skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Rather then a “de-activation” range we have it changed to that when the owner is more then X distance away turrets can now be crit? seems pretty fair, that way turret still give support while allowing people to deal with them easily when the engi leaves them.