Engineer is just so broken - 10 balance steps

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Honestly even trying to res as a team vs one or two engis is just suicide. It cannot be done (hence no bunker guardians I expect). The cleave is just crazy. The CC is crazy. The damage is crazy. It is a dps spec and a condi spec IN ONE. It is like having two people in one. The healing is absurd. The team support is absurd as they have so much CC they can peel and they can heal. Its almost impossible to interrupt their heal which is then really high – much like ele. Their block is very frequent. Their spread of condis is very high. Their mobility is very high. What can’t they do? Really?

If necro is meant to be engineers natural predator then its just not working out that way. I don’t even feel a favorite vs them alot of the time. And vs elementalists I just have no chance pretty much. The maths just dictates that the combination of their healing and regen means even when I hit everything they just don’t die. And the CC is crazy on engi.

It is not worth tiny nerfs currently (imo) because the problem is pretty big and I doubt small nerfs do much. It also isn’t just celestial that is the problem. My ideas which I don’t think have much risk.

10 magical balance steps

1, Remove 50 points from each celestial stat
2, Remove ele lightning glitch which makes healing too high
3, Increase cd on sigil of air and fire to 10 seconds each and reduce air dps by 10%
4, Make incediary power a GM AND reduce the burning to 2 seconds (would still be OP – in fact the difference between 2 and 4 seconds is nothing as we saw with dhuumfire, if you are burning for 3/4 seconds you will die anyway).
5, Reduce the dps from grenades across the board by around 20%
6, Remove the stun and blast finisher component of the supply crate elite
7, Increase engi block cd to 35 seconds
8, Increase cast time on healing turret to 1 second to add counter play
9, Lower dps/burning of fire dagger no.2 on ele as it seems very strong currently
10, Add an LOS requirement to steal like all other ports

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

You just made a thread about Mesmers being OP! Apparently everything is OP! Even Engis when you are a Necro player! Seems like a son is in need of getting good! These changes are awful!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You just made a thread about Mesmers being OP! Apparently everything is OP! Even Engis when you are a Necro player! Seems like a son is in need of getting good! These changes are awful!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Funny how everyone needs to get good. I wish I had come on the forums in the wake of the dhuumfire patch and told everyone to get good. If you are getting rekt by a necro he is probably a lot better than you. I think you need to get good son.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

OP, how many hours do you have on the engineer?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

The problem is not with the class it self but the celestial stats.
Before they could do a bit of everything but still had to focus on one or two things to still be effective which is why condition was favoured as it’s much easier to scale and apply pressure with.
However now with celestial they have the stats to be able to do everything at a reasonable level, however it’s pobably the might stacking meta that tips them over the edge as it increases both power and condi pressure and they have a decent amount of both so they effectivly get more out of might stacks making their damage obsured while retaining a decent amount of everything else. Due to this cele ele and cele engi synergise ridiculously well together.

I wouldn’t say necro are a hard counter to either but in this meta they have the best shot at taking them down, more so the engi than ele, mainly due to the engi’s lack of condi removal. Corrupt boon is invaluable against these two, especially if you corrupt 20 stacks of might, the weakness will cripple their damage while applying condi pressure.

This is how I see it anyway, just my opinion.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in PvP

Posted by: Icaruk.5401

Icaruk.5401

The first step is to balance might stacking.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

The first step is to balance might stacking.

Nope its not.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Honestly even trying to res as a team vs one or two engis is just suicide. It cannot be done (hence no bunker guardians I expect). The cleave is just crazy. The CC is crazy. The damage is crazy. It is a dps spec and a condi spec IN ONE. It is like having two people in one. The healing is absurd. The team support is absurd as they have so much CC they can peel and they can heal. Its almost impossible to interrupt their heal which is then really high – much like ele. Their block is very frequent. Their spread of condis is very high. Their mobility is very high. What can’t they do? Really?

If necro is meant to be engineers natural predator then its just not working out that way. I don’t even feel a favorite vs them alot of the time. And vs elementalists I just have no chance pretty much. The maths just dictates that the combination of their healing and regen means even when I hit everything they just don’t die. And the CC is crazy on engi.

It is not worth tiny nerfs currently (imo) because the problem is pretty big and I doubt small nerfs do much. It also isn’t just celestial that is the problem. My ideas which I don’t think have much risk.

10 magical balance steps

1, Remove 50 points from each celestial stat
2, Remove ele lightning glitch which makes healing too high
3, Increase cd on sigil of air and fire to 10 seconds each and reduce air dps by 10%
4, Make incediary power a GM AND reduce the burning to 2 seconds (would still be OP – in fact the difference between 2 and 4 seconds is nothing as we saw with dhuumfire, if you are burning for 3/4 seconds you will die anyway).
5, Reduce the dps from grenades across the board by around 20%
6, Remove the stun and blast finisher component of the supply crate elite
7, Increase engi block cd to 35 seconds
8, Increase cast time on healing turret to 1 second to add counter play
9, Lower dps/burning of fire dagger no.2 on ele as it seems very strong currently
10, Add an LOS requirement to steal like all other ports

So topic name is about “engi OP” and your list is almost totaly non engi related lel.

1. celestial amulet isnt engis fault.
2. so you make engi less OP by nerfing ele that actualy really new approach to problem:-D
3. engis dont use those sigils.
4. what if I told you its not this trait what killing you?
5. oh wait it looks like engineer related finally. Well grenades havent much more dps than simillar skills and if you count all those aditional skill celling with manual aiming its quite fair.
6. Remove this skill from elites then
7. This change nothing you will die anyway
8. It will be probably big surprise for you but almost all classes have instant uninteruptable heals eg heal signet ect
9. And now we are off topic again
10. And once more.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

You can’t make incendiary grandmaster dude. You’re going to grenades which is already a high skill cap weapon set.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

These condi dps engi’s are only good for 1v1s/defending a point. Any team with a decent amount of aoe cleanses will rekt these engis in 3v3/4v4s.

Had one engi sit on his home point and people kept going towards him and losing fights. Similar to a bunk guard, you can out rotate that kind of team composition.

Not to mention that baddies/melee tend to swallow their condi/dps ground fields… Some people have no idea how to fight them.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

Hahaha, this is almost better than your Mesmer thread.

9/10 Troll.