Engis gold spooning

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

No meaningful nerfs or changes to hammer? Really? Hammer does backstab dmg, not only on 1 spell too. Is overloaded with utilities on top of it.

Then we have INSTANT cast gyro, aoe reveal on 20 sec CD, slick shoes which are also instant cast and make any stability useless. I know you would argue with it but close to perma immunity to condis as well (i can’t blind, poison or put weakness on engi to save my life due to perma “IMMUNE” and conversion). Almost instant heal that is close to impossible to interrupt because for some reason even if you daze/interrupt engi he is still somehow able to deploy healing turret. Then we have perma retal that hits like truck. Stripping boons is pointless from them.

Engis are the most broken class in current meta, way too overloaded with everything imaginable (dmg, utility, CC, passives, stealth, heals, invuls, blocks…).

And all they get is THIS?!!!
Power Wrench – Recharge reduction was 20% before. We increased it to 33%.
Takedown Round – Damage increased by 33%.
Scrapper felt a bit too defensive so the following changes were made
Rocket Charge – Increased recharge by 2s (going from 10 to 12s).
Stealth Gyro – Increased recharge from 20s to 40s

Just wow, class favoritism at its finest.

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

you’re crying about the wrong class.

Reaper is about to open up your cornhole and stick his scythe inside

(edited by Cam Ron.4170)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Reaper is about to open up your kitten and stick his scythe inside

This made my day ^^

M I L K B O I S

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

reapers while are being tanky and doing a lot of dmg don’t have overloaded tools and they are slow

All is Vain~

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

reapers while are being tanky and doing a lot of dmg don’t have overloaded tools and they are slow

Just watch bro. They are pretty decent now- are getting buffed and their competition is getting nerfed. they will own. They also benefit hugely from other classes getting cele taken away while getting a great new ammy for themselves (1050 power/condi, 560 tough/vit)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Just watch bro. They are pretty decent now- are getting buffed and their competition is getting nerfed. they will own

my point still stands
- necros lack stability/stun breaks
- necros are slow
- a lot of animations have huge tell
- necros don’t have miriad invul/blocks
- necros don’t have 1000 ways of CC besides fear
- their aoe is actually fairly limited

by no means, yes reaper has their “broken” stuff but engi is completely different level

All is Vain~

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cam Ron.4170

Just watch bro. They are pretty decent now- are getting buffed and their competition is getting nerfed. they will own

my point still stands
- necros are slow

by no means, yes reaper has their “broken” stuff but engi is completely different level

Agree with the weaknesses you point out, except the stability/stun break one. Our utility stun breaks are actually quite good and viable, and we have 2 great sources of stability now (chill to the kittenS3). Sometimes I run 3 stun breaks when I run marauders ammy

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

my point still stands
- necros are slow

Agree with the weaknesses you point out, except the stability/stun break one. Our utility stun breaks are actually quite good and viable, and we have 2 great sources of stability now (chill to the kittenS3). Sometimes I run 3 stun breaks when I run marauders ammy

Necro still crumbles if you focus them.

All is Vain~

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

OP plays pretty much exclusively thief, which is a class that actually does quite well against reaper, since it can kill it eventually with hit and run tactics and can easily remove chilled with dodges. With diamond skin tempest being nerfed hard, dd will pretty much be the only thing that will be able to stand up to it, but since his class will be its only good counter it is alright.

With that being said, scrapper is looking like the only other class that will stand a realistic chance against reaper since it will still be overwhelmingly powerful.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

(edited by ArthurDent.9538)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

OP plays pretty much exclusively thief, which is a class that actually does quite well against reaper, since it can kill it eventually with hit and run tactics and can easily remove chilled with dodges. With diamond skin tempest being nerfed hard, dd will pretty much be the only thing that will be able to stand up to it, but since his class will be its only good counter it is alright.

so what? necro can kill me just as fast really (the build i run has only 2 ways to remove chill, both are on relative long CD)

here is the difference:
your team focuses necro – he dies
you team focuses engi – he gets away, rezzes his teammates and probably kills someone

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

As you said to me 100 times – cry more and l2p.

link me where i told you to cry more and l2p, 100 links please since you claim i have done it 100 times~

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What? You dont enjoy 13,4sec cd gear shield? L2p.

Attachments:

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

How are you guys even disagreeing with the OP? Reaper is easily focused and downed, even with tanky amulets (which are now removed). Scrapper on the other hand can run zerker/marauder and literally run circles around your team.

The scrapper changes were laughable. ANet is blatantly powercreeping. It’s like they don’t even play the same game as us.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Pollux.2346

Pollux.2346

People, who defend scrapper, are you seriously? 1 evade + 1 block + 1 reflect + extra CC on 1200 range – all of this on short CD and can use during movement and can deal extra damage. And this is just one hammer…Without sneak gyro and other broken things…)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

This topic kind of got off track… Although I agree with slick shoes needing a look at or change, they are by no means over powered. Their heal may be quick, but it isn’t strong. It has a very low base, which is the reason for it’s low cooldown. If you can stun them or CC them after they deploy it, you can reduce their healing by stopping their extra skills to blast or leap through it.

As for condi ‘immunity’ I am unsure as of where you are getting this from. Yes, they are most likely going to be immune tot he first condi you throw at them (and every 15 seconds later immune to another) I also don’t find their invulnerability is game breaking, it doesn’t contribute to capping a point, plus they can’t use anything while invulnerable. I don’t think they have perma retal either….since they would really only be getting through 1 of 3 sources: elixir B, elixir B trait for being below 75% and the transmute trait… They most likely will do elixir B in the beginning of the battle, so if you get them below 75% boon stripping will do you good.

As for their damage….If they are doing a ton of damage, that means they are squishy themselves, so you should be able to deliver a ton of damage back to them.

Maybe this is from a biased point..unsure of what profession you play as, but I have never ever struggled against an engineer in ranked as my necro.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Their heal may be quick, but it isn’t strong

Ohhh…the moment when you discover healing turret+rocket charge combo along with glob shot and other bs.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Ohhh…the moment when you discover healing turret+rocket charge combo along with glob shot and other bs.

How about you read further.

This topic kind of got off track… Although I agree with slick shoes needing a look at or change, they are by no means over powered. Their heal may be quick, but it isn’t strong. It has a very low base, which is the reason for it’s low cooldown. If you can stun them or CC them after they deploy it, you can reduce their healing by stopping their extra skills to blast or leap through it.

As for condi ‘immunity’ I am unsure as of where you are getting this from. Yes, they are most likely going to be immune tot he first condi you throw at them (and every 15 seconds later immune to another) I also don’t find their invulnerability is game breaking, it doesn’t contribute to capping a point, plus they can’t use anything while invulnerable. I don’t think they have perma retal either….since they would really only be getting through 1 of 3 sources: elixir B, elixir B trait for being below 75% and the transmute trait… They most likely will do elixir B in the beginning of the battle, so if you get them below 75% boon stripping will do you good.

As for their damage….If they are doing a ton of damage, that means they are squishy themselves, so you should be able to deliver a ton of damage back to them.

Maybe this is from a biased point..unsure of what profession you play as, but I have never ever struggled against an engineer in ranked as my necro.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You are going to be quite surprised if you don’t see how necros are going to dominate. Necro >engi any day

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

How about you read further.

And how about you realize that its just a part of their sustain? Its not like every class has cd on demand btw.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Thanks for making me spit out my drink, hf.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

And how about you realize that its just a part of their sustain? Its not like every class has cd on demand btw.

If you don’t save your CC then that is an issue of gameplay. When are you using your CC? You really should be saving it for their heal. If you don’t have any CC, that is an issue with your build…What profession are you struggling against engis with?

Typically they engage with their rocket charge, I typically pressure them out of this before they heal, that way when they heal they can’t combo. Time your bursts, try to do your damage bursts after they heal or after they use their cooldowns. Rocket charge is really easy to look for.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

No meaningful nerfs or changes to hammer? Really? Hammer does backstab dmg, not only on 1 spell too. Is overloaded with utilities on top of it.

Then we have INSTANT cast gyro, aoe reveal on 20 sec CD, slick shoes which are also instant cast and make any stability useless. I know you would argue with it but close to perma immunity to condis as well (i can’t blind, poison or put weakness on engi to save my life due to perma “IMMUNE” and conversion). Almost instant heal that is close to impossible to interrupt because for some reason even if you daze/interrupt engi he is still somehow able to deploy healing turret. Then we have perma retal that hits like truck. Stripping boons is pointless from them.

Engis are the most broken class in current meta, way too overloaded with everything imaginable (dmg, utility, CC, passives, stealth, heals, invuls, blocks…).

Backstab dmg on hammer made my day:-D I see here lots of l2p issues like on slickshoes just stay still for 3s.
- Still cant find that condi immunity
- Simillar almost instant heal on low cd have every single class
- We suffer from interrupts like everyone else you just met stunbreak in game congratulations!

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Backstab dmg on hammer made my day:-D I see here lots of l2p issues like on slickshoes just stay still for 3s.
- Still cant find that condi immunity
- Simillar almost instant heal on low cd have every single class
- We suffer from interrupts like everyone else you just met stunbreak in game congratulations!

- Hammer does have backstab dmg/multiplies on spells….
- you can’t stay still on slickshoes for 3 sec vs engi, he will murder you before you can blink. Standing still doesn’t much either as you get consistently knocked down anyway and slickshoes are INSTANT so you can’t even prevent engi from using them.
- oh so engis don’t have condi immunity, condi conversion and condi cleanse at all? mkayyyyyy – that is effectively condi immunity
- ok let’s take withdraw: is it aoe heal, can it be blasted? nah….
- yeah too bad other classes don’t have miriad passives and instant spells all in 1 build like engis do~

Just go play BnS, in that game there is no passives (you need to press button for everything, stun breaks, heals, blocks, counters etc.), you will realize how stupidly broken, braindead and passive engi is.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think the title should read scrapper, not engineer.

Try playing core engineer without the elite spec in the current meta and you will find out, it is indeed not overpowered at all. Any nerf to core engi spec will gut down the core engineer even into deeper pit and force every “engineer” play scrapper.

The biggest problem is the hammer, which offers way too much goodies: good dps, might stacking, reflect (on very low CD), evade + triple leap finisher, block (on very low CD), lighting field + 1200 range AoE stun. That is just spectacularly too much for 1 weapon: either it should be focused on the utility and CC side and do pitiful DPS, just like warrior hammer or it should do good DPS, but offer much less utility.

I don’t know where all this false information comes that engineer is immune to conditions. Conditions are one of the main weaknesses of the engineer. Granted an elixir build can have good condition removal. Medkit might look good on paper and it offers 2.5 s resistance on 20 s cooldown (throw antidote, aka medkit #5), but how often you see engineers using medkit?

And I am an engineer main.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Divided by zero.9370

Divided by zero.9370

I see here lots of l2p issues like on slickshoes just stay still for 3s.

Yea, I see no problem with that, just stay still for 3 seconds (actually its more that 3 but w/e) and facetank the hammer which has better multipliers than kittenING BACKSTAB.
Good argument mate.
Also goodluck cc-ing the turret heal because there’s no way to do it without luck.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

No one touches the Engi because it played by Devs

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Ok, I play thief regularly yet (it’s still my main since day one), but I played a good bunch of matches with the hammer marauder scrapper, so I’m not biased towards one or the other.

And the scrapper is just mindblowingly powerful, anyone denying that is a hypocrit.

When I read the patch preview, I asked myself “WTF?” – Rocket charge going from 10 to 12 secs CD (lol, such a huge nerf, NOT) and a well deserved increase from 20 to 40 secs CD on Stealth Gyro (but the main issue is, imo, the instacast of the Gyro, even though now with that doubling on the CD it’ll need to be used more sparingly and at the right moments).

Anyway, this won’t nerf much the survivability of the scrapper as it is now. Not by a long shot. The quantity of self-combos that he can do is amazing (area healing, light aura, swiftness, etc.), the damage is still pretty high and even the quantity of CCs and stunbreaks/stability is really over the top. When a build can resist for quite some time a 1v2 while using an OFFENSIVE amulet, something’s wrong with it.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

I think the title should read scrapper, not engineer.

Try playing core engineer without the elite spec in the current meta and you will find out, it is indeed not overpowered at all. Any nerf to core engi spec will gut down the core engineer even into deeper pit and force every “engineer” play scrapper.

The biggest problem is the hammer, which offers way too much goodies: good dps, might stacking, reflect (on very low CD), evade + triple leap finisher, block (on very low CD), lighting field + 1200 range AoE stun. That is just spectacularly too much for 1 weapon: either it should be focused on the utility and CC side and do pitiful DPS, just like warrior hammer or it should do good DPS, but offer much less utility.

I don’t know where all this false information comes that engineer is immune to conditions. Conditions are one of the main weaknesses of the engineer. Granted an elixir build can have good condition removal. Medkit might look good on paper and it offers 2.5 s resistance on 20 s cooldown (throw antidote, aka medkit #5), but how often you see engineers using medkit?

And I am an engineer main.

Engi main here too.

Don’t please touch slick shoes. I will repeated here: if anet not split pvp and pve, slick shoes is one of our best ability for cc break bar in raid/world boss. Breaking this skill make engi more useless-scrapper is the problem not slick shoes.

Reduce healing from rapid regen, hammer cd is too short,no dmg! But cd. (Increase cd-not affect pve scrapper this i mean. You will stay only longer in granade/flamethrower kit)

As you say, we have lack of stability (only with toss elixir b) not too much condi remove(still my most deaths is from necros sigh..) it will be intteresting how we will compare against buffed thieves and necros.

I try play core engi against scrapper today in pvp and I know how you feel now guys. Reflects, cc, high sustain and dmg, disengage from battle. Increase his cd on hammer can work. Second skill to 10sec, meaby they now can take some explosive kit idk how will patch shake with this. Btw: 12 sec cd on rocket charge? 15sec or dmg reduce!

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

(edited by David.5974)

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

go to your Necro, it will be op.

Engis gold spooning

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Scrapper is in my opinion very strong, by that I’m meaning the hammer mostly however there is a lot of misinformation and general ignorance in a lot of responses. That is without mentioning the exaggerated aspects by the OP.

The hammer skills do have higher coefficients than backstab but then you look at them and realise they’re not instant burst either, some take anywhere between 1s and 6s to actually do that damage.

I’d say electro whirl needs about 10% shaving off its damage and a second or two adding to CD. Rocket charge a slight damage reduction or cool down increase but nothing major and shock shield going down to a 2.0 coefficient maybe 1.8 but try a 20% reduction in damage first.

Edit: Forgot about the revealed CD increase on rocket charge so that’s what is was expecting. The few other skills do need a tweak too imo.

(edited by apharma.3741)