Equalize rewards for hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

seriously! there’s no difference if everyone gets rewarded equally or everyone just abuses the broken spectate system to change teams.

Also “it’s just hotjoin” is NOT A kittenING REASON to have a broken kitten mechanic that promotes leaving your team!

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

+1000

There is a good anti afk system already in place, and winners still get the advantage of advancing their grindy Pvp achievement point track.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

+1

Right now it’s not worth joining the losing team partway through, since you’ll almost certainly be playing outnumbered and the loss rewards are bad enough even without being scaled down for time.

We can’t stop 4v5 by punishing people trying to at least get loot from an imbalanced match. By making the rewards equal for joining either team, it’ll actually be *better* for players to join losing team as soon as they enter the map, than to lurk in spectate hoping for a spot on the winning one.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

So if rewards are equal, people do enough to have non-zero scoreboard points and then AFK the entire game. There’s no incentive to try.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

We should remove hotjoin rewards or make it different type of reward.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Or just remove hotjoin entirely and replace it with an unranked version on soloq that only people below rank 20 can join.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Or just remove hotjoin entirely and replace it with an unranked version on soloq that only people below rank 20 can join.

I don’t know, I quite like a play now feature the way it is implemented now (just joining a game without the hassle of waiting)…

Normalizing rewards for hotjoin seems more consumer friendly as well – it is a far stretch from being competitive maybe, but there are a plethora of people who like the feature as it is, and I personally do not mind either… Only thing that is whack, or so what I see happening, is people switching over to the winning team, which is just… pathetic at best…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

So if rewards are equal, people do enough to have non-zero scoreboard points and then AFK the entire game. There’s no incentive to try.

Couple of easy solutions to this:
- decrease grace period for inaction to 30s or something. People want to alt-tab back to gw2 twice a minute? Go ahead them, I’m sure it’ll be fun. People want to use scripts to fidget for them every now and then? Report for botting.
- some sPvP-specific reporting options, such as ‘not participating’. I’ve not given up hope for these yet!

There are probably… several others.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

normalize hotjoin rewards to standard hotjoin win rewards.

give extra personal rewards based on individual performance.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

We should remove hotjoin rewards or make it different type of reward.

I like this idea.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I do this a lot in sPvP whenever my team is losing. I can’t leave whenever I want to.

I don’t bother afking in hotjoin. The anti-afk system in place bothers me too much that I would just leave or autobalance.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

The rewards would work fine without spec/swap abuse, let’s not fix what ain’t broke just because there hasn’t been a fix for what is.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Time to dig up my post/suggestion on this again!

If you pick “Random Team” when you join a match, you get a special buff that DOUBLES the rewards at the end of the match (capped at the winner’s normal reward). This means that if you picked a random team, and your team ended up losing, you’d still get the same rewards as if you’d lucked out onto the winning team anyway. This has the following benefits:

1. There is no incentive to hop teams. You’d get the same reward staying on your random original team as you would switching to the winning team. This discourages Autobalance Wars.

2. Because rewards are calculated based on the length of time someone is in the match, it encourages people to join the match at once instead of watching until it becomes clear which team is superior. This discourages waiting in Spectate and should thus help solve the issue of 4v5.

These changes means it’s most profitable to instantly hit “Random Team” the moment a match starts, and then see it out to the end, win or lose.

Now, to ensure that winning still has some meaning, if you pick Random and lose, it won’t give you credit towards the appropriate achievements (Genius, Phantom etc.) Also, to incentivise people to move up to Solo/Team Queue when they get experienced enough, I propose increasing the rewards of the two modes to 3x Hotjoin rewards (for Solo) and 5x Hotjoin rewards (for Team). The maximum daily gold reward limits for Solo and Team Queues remain the same. Note that the Random Team buff only applies to Hotjoin; it does not appear in Solo or Team Queue.

So all this should mean that Hotjoin remains a casual, “lite-PvP” mode that anyone can join and slowly work on PvP ranks and reward tracks. But if you want to earn your ranks/tracks faster, as well as gain renown and leaderboard ranks, you’ll need to move up to Solo/Team Queue.