Every single game is ruined

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Every single game I am vs premades AND every single game you put some rank 5 on my team.

Why even bother? Whats the point in even playing the games? It is a joke.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: skj.3418

skj.3418

every single game I lose interest about PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Every single game I am vs premades AND every single game you put some rank 5 on my team.

Ranks got nothing to do with those who are good in pvp and what profession lacks in in that field depending on their build / design.

I hate to tell ya but in Spvp or any solo queue game you play you’ll be up against mentalities of those who decides what they want to do. It can be glory farmers, node farmers while staring at their allies being gank knowing that they’re next with the excuse of you suppose to protect the node, and those who are followers just to get in on the action gloating over you.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Premades smash pugs.
Me and 2 of my friends puged it up. We got put against another pug and one of our team members left. Its was 4 of us v 5 of them. We won.

3 Premade + 1 Pug better then 5 pugs. The main reason is … communication.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Here is a typical occurance whilst solo queuing. But o yeh anet I should carry this team right?

And no it isnt just about ranks. It is about premades having tactics and most crucically having a good team composition. The necro/2 warrior/2 thief comp isnt exactly great.

It is a joke. The ladder is going to be a COMPLETE joke because people like me cannot get high on it no matter how pro we are.

Everyone on my team quit after about 3 minutes.

Attachments:

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Oareo.1604

Oareo.1604

If you can’t beat em, join em.

Make a team. Find people that are similar to you in attitude, skill and experience. They are probably tired of PUGing also. Get a free VOIP server and run it on your personal computer. Do the things you see effective teams doing – communicate, strategize, plan your team composition. Learn about what builds are being used (either by research or facing them). Learn to play 2-3 classes so your team can have access to whatever it needs.

When you do lose, learn from it. Did you lose because of fighting reasons or strategy reasons? The former takes good builds, effective team comp, and skill. The latter takes map knowledge, map awareness and decision making.

If they are winning 1v1s, 2v2s and the big team battles, it’s your fighting. If they are holding more capture points and working the secondary better but you are winning engagements, it’s your strategy. Obviously if it’s both, they are much better and just try to learn what they are doing and emulate some part of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Here is a typical occurance whilst solo queuing. But o yeh anet I should carry this team right?

And no it isnt just about ranks. It is about premades having tactics and most crucically having a good team composition. The necro/2 warrior/2 thief comp isnt exactly great.

It is a joke. The ladder is going to be a COMPLETE joke because people like me cannot get high on it no matter how pro we are.

I agree that premades have a huge advantage over pugs, and that those games where you get crushed by premades suck.

However, I don’t have an issue with the ladder ranking. I don’t have much time to play with my guild anymore, but I accept that if you want to be serious about the competitive side of the game you need to be in a premade. You will actually become a better player if play with a premade as well.

in PvP

Posted by: uzu.7351

uzu.7351

As stupid as it sounds, you only need to look at your team’s gear. If they look like hobos there is a high chance you’ll get smashed. That player is new or CBA about sPvP since he didn’t invest any time at all. Looks in this game go hand in hand with time spent to obtain them and at least in sPvP, many times that means knowing what you have to do in an arena. Imo I’d like to see a non point capping map. The latest one brings very little tbh. It’s the same stuff with the option of carrying the orb.

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I had a thought about the ladder when I read this.

If we see the ladder as purely a measure of a player’s ability to win matches (ie. if you are able to win more matches against anyone, then you are higher on the ladder), then it makes sense for players with organised teams to be higher on the ladder. Because they, when they are in their team, can beat players who are queuing solo.

Although actually it would be better if “Teams” (or Guilds) had their own entry in the ladder.

So if I play solo queue, but I also play duo with my friend Bob and with my Guild XYZ, then I actually have 3 entries in the ladder:

- Myself as a solo player.
- Team: Me and Bob.
- Guild XYZ.

Each of those entries accurately track how likely we are to win a match in those conditions. Obviously my solo entry will probably be lower than my Guild Entry.
Maybe if Bob was a really terrible player our Duo entry will be lower on the ladder than my solo entry.

etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Xiomaro.2563

Xiomaro.2563

I don’t get something here. Your team finished with 180 points yet individually you’re all at 0. Surely someone must have capped a point or got a kill at some point?

Or did someone get some points, rage quit and then come back?

I agree that the system of putting PUGs against premades is a big problem but it’s easy enough to put together a premade PUG in Heart of the Mists. Just do that next time and you can pick and choose who you play with.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Nice score bro.

Create an ele so you can 1v5 the enemy team and carry matches on your own!

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

the point = e-sports

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

My favorite solo ques are the ones where the whole team follows me to home point, even after I repeatedly tell them to go to another point, I am bunkering lol.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

Lord is exactly correct. The fact that there are people here who don’t seem to understand how incredibly bad this MMR is for a game that is supposed to be ‘competitive’ is shocking.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Lord is exactly correct. The fact that there are people here who don’t seem to understand how incredibly bad this MMR is for a game that is supposed to be ‘competitive’ is shocking.

I think a good starting point would be to start new players out at the bottom possible rank. Then after 3 games assign them a rank. It is annoying that they start out at medium level and this ruins many many games because these people are really inexperienced and bad. Yet their rating doesnt reflect this because they havent had a chance to show how bad they are.

The MMR should presume everyone sucks until they prove otherwise. This would stop alot of the stompings currently happening to solo queuers.

in PvP

Posted by: Omnio.3652

Omnio.3652

Another crybaby? Really? Every single game I’m vs premades I try to communicate with my team, most people dont talk, those who do I add to my friendlist. Also every single game I’m vs premade I try as hard as I can to win. Every single game I have someone low rank I try to give them advice.

Sure, low ranks usualy don’t listen, they dont care about what you say, they want to have fun, they just fight and dont care about orb or points or anything. Sure, most people dont communicate, they dont give a crap, they are solo people. Thats just the times we live in. You want to change that? Get a team, get people who communicate in friendlist and play with them etc. I did beat premades with pugs many times because premade doesnt mean they know what are they doing and in the same time pug doesnt mean they dont know what they are doing. Its just about people who are in those teams.

And statistic says, you cant get only noobs in your teams and pros against you. Try harder.

EDIT: They might do something like reports in LoL for being a noob, for not cooperating etc. Because I get you, its sometimes really frustrating having people in team who dont really care for the tournament, who care for kills etc. But what you can do, people are just people, sadly.

Was he swedish?
Yes.
A moose. It was a moose.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

The main problem is bunker builds. Premades ( not all but the majority)usually have 1 guardian camping middle shrine and 2 eles/1 ele + ranger on other shrines, and that’s enough to win on capping…

I’ve lost many matchs 500-420 although we kept killing and opponent didn’t do anything other than standing on shrines( sometimes against r45 premades having r10 players on my side). But they win because they could survive on shrine quite long.

I’m not sure such a system is encouraging new players to go on since you don’t really get why you lost. However, with less bunkering builds, there would be more " battles " where lower ranks would keep dying and it would make more sense to them. Low ranks would go in " zerg " strategies and opponent would simply have to outcap them and not just send 1 ele to tank 3 players. Everything would be more clear and fair in my opinion…

in PvP

Posted by: Omnio.3652

Omnio.3652

Well truth is there could be more complex PvP tutorial. I agree with Abazigal that bunkers are kinda weird for new people and they are not sure what are they doing wrong. So why not make an NPC tutorial where its all explained? I mean its nice to have youtube vids about it, but hey who is going to watch them?

Was he swedish?
Yes.
A moose. It was a moose.