Everyone is going invisible these days

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

why is everyone going invisible these days. use to be thief, then thief and mesmer, then thief, mesmer, ranger, engineer now, its thief, mesmer, ranger, engineer, guardian, warrior and elementalist all of them going invisible … come on, what in the hell is this

someone tell me please.
thank you

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

What can I say? I agree.. but then.. Engi has moa now, Scourge is getting portal, rev has alacrity…Spell Breaker strongly resembles a gw1 Mesmer.

DH has essentially a thief teleport + invisibility from trapper runes. Ranger has high stealth availablilty…It can also redirect aim, as the new Mirage spec will more-or-less do.

That seems to be a long term MO of ANET to distribute things until everyone can more or less do everything. I guess the thought is that if everyone can do everything then things are balanced. The trouble with that is that is drains interest from the classes.

I fully expect Holosmith to gain Mirage ambush capability shortly after release.

I’d much rather see classes with defined roles and rigidly separate abilities.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This was one of my biggest complaints with HOT. Boons was number 1 but the blurring of what roles people can play.

For instance rangers and DH who drop traps and run the rune that allows them to go invisible. I felt this was a bit much.

Then you had engys with gyros. I couldnt believe this, i loved the moa for 3 sec on the tool belt but the passive gyros were a horrible style of game play. I mean befoer a player needed to use a skill to down someone. On ele i used the mist form stomp, like i had a utility skill that had a 60 sec CD to stomp people by its a passive skill for a engy.

This game was so good when they were attempting to balance core classes. Like GW 2 was fun to play.

With more and more expansions coming out and the lack of attention WvW and PvP gets, i assume PvP will only get worse.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I fully expect Holosmith to gain Mirage ambush capability shortly after release.

I don’t think even that could make Holosmith better than Scrapper. Most engineers I know are pretty disappointed by the reveal. Hopefully it just gets the Dragonhunter treatment and gets completely overpowered after a few months.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

lol, we don’t even know the damage coefficients yet. pretty early to be getting the sads.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

why is everyone going invisible these days. use to be thief, then thief and mesmer, then thief, mesmer, ranger, engineer now…

It wasn’t like that at all, those 4 classes have had access to invisibility since launch, invisibility has never been unique to thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

lol, we don’t even know the damage coefficients yet. pretty early to be getting the sads.

Damage is not our concern. That it provides zero team utility is our concern.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Wait how is ele going invis? Are you saying blasting the underwater field, which it could do since release? Is weaver getting a smoke field I don’t know about?