Everyone plays necro or warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Rraith.8369

Rraith.8369

I started ranked pvp for the first time in this season. Every match I play at least half of the players are necromancers or warriors.

Are there balance problems in gw2 pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

There are balance problems, but neither necro, nor warrior are the really fotm classes.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Every time i log in i See at least 7 Warriors in my Team and 9 necros in the other. Nerf it till its dead.
Mate Bad timing for such a question the Salt lvls are off the charts as it is…

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I would say Warrior is the problem, and Necro is a response to that.

Warrior can deal immense amounts of damage with basically no counterplay except boon corrupt. Necro has lots of on-demand boon corrupt, so it’s a good choice in the meta. Warrior gets stability, immunity to direct damage, and like 30 seconds of resistance. The only option is to corrupt resistance and transfer back the condi bomb.

Of course, you could play Scrapper or Ele which survive with their own invulns/heals, or Mesmer or Thief, which escape, but IMO Necro is best for actually dealing with Warriors rather than just running away for 30 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I can play power warrior, started playing condi but didn’t like the play style. Haven’t touched necro since the second open beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

With my ele toon, I’m still fighting a warrior on point. Been about 6 days now and still going. Neither of us downed yet.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

did u play today? because necro and warrior daily lol

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Play reaper to counter berzerker. Play daredevil to counter reaper. Play herald to counter daredevil. Play berzerker to counter herald.

Play chronomancer/scrapper to offensively support countering teammates.

Play tempest/druid to defensively support countering teammates.

Play dragonhunter for lolz.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Play dragonhunter if you want to troll and spite your team.

Also play dragonhunter when your opposing team has 2 scrapper and an ele (over half my games)

Fixed

in PvP

Silberfederling.9302

Warrior can deal immense amounts of damage with basically no counterplay except boon corrupt. Necro has lots of on-demand boon corrupt, so it’s a good choice in the meta. Warrior gets stability, immunity to direct damage, and like 30 seconds of resistance. The only option is to corrupt resistance and transfer back the condi bomb.

Of course, you could play Scrapper or Ele which survive with their own invulns/heals, or Mesmer or Thief, which escape, but IMO Necro is best for actually dealing with Warriors rather than just running away for 30 seconds.

30 secs you say?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Stance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet
Interesting.

But go on, just one more month and you can faceroll against warrs again.

in PvP

Posted by: Rraith.8369

Rraith.8369

I play guardian(dragonhunter) and I am a very casual player. I only play like 5 hours max in a week.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

30 secs you say?

Interesting.

You could almost say he was lying! smh

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Oh. Okay. It’s 15. That’s still more than enough to kill a few people, then sit down and have a cup of tea.

in PvP

Silberfederling.9302

Oh. Okay. It’s 15. That’s still more than enough to kill a few people, then sit down and have a cup of tea.

Take over the world more like and i drink coffe afterwards. Black. No suggar. With out nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Play reaper to counter berzerker. Play daredevil to counter reaper. Play herald to counter daredevil. Play berzerker to counter herald.

I think I cried a lil at the DH line xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

At the beginning of the season it was only necro necro and occassionally a scrapper. Thankful we see some warriors, thieves and mesmers again.

Oh and winning team has ele of course

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I play guardian(dragonhunter) and I am a very casual player. I only play like 5 hours max in a week.

And your division is????

in PvP

Posted by: MilkCarton.4087

MilkCarton.4087

How the hell does daredevil counter reaper. Necros in general have a lot of aoe and create a no go zone for thiefs. Not to mention they are impossible to burst down thanks to their health sponge.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Daredevil was Reaper counter last Season when they had Deathly Chill without nerfs, also two thieves against a team with an Ele wins most times, it’s fun

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

How the hell does daredevil counter reaper. Necros in general have a lot of AoE and create a no go zone for thieves. Not to mention they are impossible to burst down thanks to their health sponge.

It really depends on the environment too. The big problem with necroes in general is they have way too much condition access via corruptions and conditions native to their skills. Thief can dodge and cleanse as well as kite while necro is in reaper shroud. Since most run Nightmare Runes (A fear relying on your opponent simply attacking you?! Wonder why it’s so overwhelmingly popular lol!) you can try getting it to proc with shortbow from a safe distance but haven’t tried proccing it with shortbow 3 but hopefully the evade frame would pre-cleanse the proc.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

30 secs you say?

Interesting.

Healing Signet —> Berserker Stance --> Healing Signet = 24seconds resistance in 29 seconds battle (including cast time).

Don’t want to be mean… but why do I have to explain warriors their class?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Wait wait.. since when does reaper counter warrior?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Ark Bladesteele.2943

30 secs you say?

Interesting.

Healing Signet —> Berserker Stance --> Healing Signet = 24seconds resistance in 29 seconds battle (including cast time).

Don’t want to be mean… but why do I have to explain warriors their class?

Still not 30 seconds, and nobody’s spamming healing signet just to get its resistance. I have maybe used it as last ditch resistance when low on health a handful of times. The reason being is that if you blow your healing signet, it’s not going to take much to kill you after.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Still not 30 seconds, and nobody’s spamming healing signet just to get its resistance. I have maybe used it as last ditch resistance when low on health a handful of times. The reason being is that if you blow your healing signet, it’s not going to take much to kill you after.

Well, I agree 24/29 is not 30/30 but no reason to shoot mouth off. However, you should spam your healing signet if you clash up against another condi player … or stay in low ruby. Your choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

30 sec of resistance..i lolled

in PvP

Posted by: Weiter.5387

Weiter.5387

Yes, all games full of necros. Tired of this bullkitten really… everyone just playing the ops and anet doesn’t give a s.

in PvP

Silberfederling.9302

Well, I agree 24/29 is not 30/30 but no reason to shoot mouth off. However, you should spam your healing signet if you clash up against another condi player … or stay in low ruby. Your choice.

Or you could just cleanse the congitions, because almost no one cares to Dodge burst skills, but every one complains when they get hit.

Btw another condi player? Not every warrior runs condition. You know, even past the supposed skill barrier of low ruby.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

How the hell does daredevil counter reaper. Necros in general have a lot of aoe and create a no go zone for thiefs. Not to mention they are impossible to burst down thanks to their health sponge.

Because thieves don’t need to stand in the AoE. They jump in, stun lock and burst, then port out during shroud. Even if a reaper can does well against a thief in a 1 v 1, the stun burst against reapers is devastating in team fights.

And if the thief brings Impact St Ike, there are few better targets for a full down than a block-less necro.

in PvP

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I have no problem winning against condi players, and low ruby? I’ve blown through almost half of ruby in the last 2 hours. I was mid-sapphire last night, so I’m fairly happy with my progression.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I have no problem winning against condi players, and low ruby? I’ve blown through almost half of ruby in the last 2 hours. I was mid-sapphire last night, so I’m fairly happy with my progression.

You should actually use your heal signet against condi bursts cause you already have regen through traits.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Ark Bladesteele.2943

You should actually use your heal signet against condi bursts cause you already have regen through traits.

And this is exactly what I do. If Berserker Stance is on cooldown and I get hit with a bomb I know I won’t survive, I use it. It’s just fairly rare.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Only people who can’t handle warriors are the bad players, I play warrior, and sure I win my fights more often than not, but a player who is better than me will beat me everytime. Ele, necros and engis can be a pain to deal with, depending on there skill level, mesmers thief and DH and generally free food.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: MilkCarton.4087

MilkCarton.4087

Only people who can’t handle warriors are the bad players, I play warrior, and sure I win my fights more often than not, but a player who is better than me will beat me everytime. Ele, necros and engis can be a pain to deal with, depending on there skill level, mesmers thief and DH and generally free food.

I seriously hope you don’t play condi war, if you’re talking about power than yea I somewhat agree.