Everything does too much damage

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont enjoy fights that are over in a few seconds, nerf damage of everything

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I dont know man, Anet has actually nerfed dmg with this patch. As long as you pay attention to position yourself and kite everything is gucci. If you yolo run to DH traps and necro shrouds, you get rekt. Seems fair to me.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

It seems quite easy to do 10k dps, thats way too much

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Well, proper bursts have always hit for that much

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Well, proper bursts have always hit for that much

And I never liked it, but Anet is nerfing defensive amulets/traits/skills more and more which makes the problem worse and worse.
If Anet doesnt want to nerf damage or double everyones base health they should gives us celestial, soldier and cleric amulets back.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Sorry but its a total l2p issue. This post is nothing but a whine, its not productive in producing discussion or any reasoning to it, the only reason op gave is he doesn’t like it.

Not being able to face tank burst specs is healthy for a game.

Not being able to provide any reasoning besides personal taste when calling for nerfs (ie: I feel it’s to strong because X) to create a discussion whether it is a shared opinion or perhaps to have some light shed on why it is this way and how to counter to it, is unhealthy for a forum

/thread

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Sorry but its a total l2p issue. This post is nothing but a whine, its not productive in producing discussion or any reasoning to it, the only reason op gave is he doesn’t like it.

Not being able to provide any reasoning besides personal taste when calling for nerfs (ie: I feel it’s to strong because X) to create a discussion whether it is a shared opinion or perhaps to have some light shed on why it is this way and how to counter to it, is unhealthy for a forum

/thread

Season 4 will be horrible with the current max burst meta. Season 1 > Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 4

in PvP

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

It’s not about defensive amulets all the time, although that contributes to the huge factor of things not dying. There are a lot more to the game than just damage. Personally, I like not having cele, soldiers, clerics, because with those amulets, it wasn’t balanced for a conquest game.

You could face tank 2 people no problem for a minute at a time which is a GIANT contributor to long drawn out games, not getting enough decaps, winning by Huge margins and so forth. I.e. It’s not balanced for CONQUEST.

With the removal of clerics, the game forces you to outthink your enemy more. There’s more flexibility knowing you can win match ups, and not waste too much time 2v1ing someone. It also forces the game to be less forgiving to those who don’t pay attention to the map and tunnelvisioning (which is great!). Usually how it now, if you know how to kite damage properly, dodge at right times, payin attention to positioning, you can really avoid majority of the damage, but it all goes back to positioning. It’s the difference between a good thief and a really bad one for example.

Another factor to eating 10k DPS, is solely not understanding how you see enemy classes. Face tanking a reaper who just hit you with all the condibombs and fears, rather than avoiding it by positioning properly, and popping cool downs at the right time, is a sure way to die. Another example is wildly running in and out of test of faith will net you 10k damage in like a second if you don’t pay attention, I’ve seen people do it all the time and complain that DH is OP, when they could have just used proper kiting, Los, and CD management techniques.

People assume that you have to fight on point all the time for the sake of keeping the cap, but forget that not dying is better. The fact that you don’t like proper burst hitting you for 10k is an indication that this is more of a subjective look at how you approach the game rather than an objective way to play the game. New patch, new mechanics, new ways to play, if you don’t adapt, I think you’ll continue to find yourself in downstate.

IGN : Pnoi

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

/thread

Season 4 will be horrible with the current max burst meta. Season 1 > Season 2 > Season 3 > Season 4

Really. Season 1 was the best. The season where you LITERALLY had opposing players standing on mid point chatting with each other. Because they knew neither one could scratch the other. So they just sat there and chatted to keep the point uncontested.

Thats your PvP model. That’s what you want to go back to.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

I dont know man, Anet has actually nerfed dmg with this patch.

So removing tanky amulets equals nerfing dmg. Give me some of that bro.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

It happened…. [seeyourusername]

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

/thread

Really. Season 1 was the best. The season where you LITERALLY had opposing players standing on mid point chatting with each other. Because they knew neither one could scratch the other. So they just sat there and chatted to keep the point uncontested.

Thats your PvP model. That’s what you want to go back to.

Really? I barely noticed that, maybe 1 out of 25 games was like that.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

I dont know man, Anet has actually nerfed dmg with this patch.

So removing tanky amulets equals nerfing dmg. Give me some of that bro.

Reread patch notes again ^^

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol Its true I will highlight two broken aspects of this game with this comment. I take my thief and dodge 10 times strait in a row (including heal skill/steal). I still take 10k damage through the strait dodges from a mesmer in condition damage/raw damage while evading things.

…First off I shouldn’t be able to dodge 10 times in a row lol

…Second off I shouldn’t dodge 10 times in a row only to take damage while dodging. (it should be noted these were not wasted dodges as I was dodging phantasms and condition dealing illusions with the “Evade” popping up 10 times.")
To sum it all up I took damage when I dodged in-between the dodge animation constantly and after I dodged the damage was spam. (Of course I like to use this cheeze so Im only half complaining.

Once the energy bar is useful for more than mobility, skill will shine again. Duration skills like blocks/invoulns/stealth is the only way to truly negate damage currently.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

You’re one of those people who has very little perspective on how good you have it now

Season 1 was the darkest period in GW2 history, in competitive there were just 2 optimal professions, and there were averaging 15 minutes of smashing people before a downed state managed to somehow fully die instead of being insta-revived.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

my god ppl is he actually serious

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Or people could just use soft mechanical skills such as LoS, positioning, and actual good defensive timing while utilizing active defenses properly to successfully defend against bursts?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Or people could just use soft mechanical skills such as LoS, positioning, and actual good defensive timing while utilizing active defenses properly to successfully defend against bursts?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

These sinister Guardian Burn power hybrid. They can one shot with power or stack like 15 stacks of burning aoe that’s dammmaaageeeeeeee.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

You’re one of those people who has very little perspective on how good you have it now

Season 1 was the darkest period in GW2 history, in competitive there were just 2 optimal professions, and there were averaging 15 minutes of smashing people before a downed state managed to somehow fully die instead of being insta-revived.

What do you mean? I was legendary in all 3 seasons, so I played a lot of matches in each of them. 522 matches in season 3 alone.

in PvP

Posted by: Reveille.8397

Reveille.8397

I wish anything could one shot…Anyone tell me which class and ability I am apparently missing out on so I can one shot everyone?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I wish anything could one shot…Anyone tell me which class and ability I am apparently missing out on so I can one shot everyone?

Noone said anything about one shots, but classes like thiefs, mesmers and revs can get pretty close to one shotting you with 1 burst combo.
Anet should also bring back Rune of Durability to combat condition spam. Now that tempest auramancer is ruined condi spam is getting worse.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I agree, when GW2 first came out everything was so tactical. I remember sitting nonstop in sPvP with my friends in every beta weekend. Only thing that could really oneshot you back then was hundred blades and that required quickness and a well-timed cc.

I liked that a lot but I feel GW2 has completely lost that aspect, the aspect that made the game great to me at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

Oh ok, he’s legend he must know a lot about the game… Kappa.

IGN : Pnoi

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

THIS IS FUNNY. This is a one and right step going to E-sport. NOW you can’t do many many many Many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY kittenING Mistakes and still not die.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

THIS IS FUNNY. This is a one and right step going to E-sport. NOW you can’t do many many many Many MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY kittenING Mistakes and still not die.

Most people who play pvp do not care about eSports at all, so balancing for esports will drive people away from pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

So you claim that season 1 was the best? the one where immortal chrono bunkers could hold a point indefinitely, and make their entire team invincible with well of precognition, and on top of that instantly rez anyone who does go down? The same season where cele was still a thing? The same season where warriors, thieves, and guardians were non existent???
You are ether a troll or have no idea what balance actually is or both.

Also i made it to legend in less than 7 days on ranger without using the elite spec. The ladder is still just a glorified reward track it means nothing, you making legend every season means nothing in regards to skill, build making, or credibility, nor does it mean anything for mine.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

No season 0 was the best when you could trait 6-6-2-0-0 and play different specs without being one shot. The thing limiting specs is sustain. Mesmer now has to trait inspiration or they can’t survive at all due to squeamishness. They wouldn’t need sustain if classes like druid didn’t outlast them. If a mesmer could burst a druid down before dying sustain wouldn’t be necessary on mesmer.

Ever ask why we have more passive play now? because we are forced to trait the passives and get 4 extra trait points to make (6-6-6)-0-0

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Sustain really is the main problem with this game’s PvP. Everyone being able to self heal for huge amounts means you need to have huge amounts of damage for anyone to die.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

What do you mean? I was legendary in all 3 seasons, so I played a lot of matches in each of them. 522 matches in season 3 alone.

You say that like being legendary means something, I’m also legendary in all three seasons and I didn’t even have to make an effort the last two ones.

You were also incredibly lucky if you only had 1/25 matches during season 1 where things didn’t get stalemated hard by chronobunks. I’d say a majority of my matches during S1 in Conquest ended up with neither team getting above 200-300 score on average.

No, S1 was awful, let’s never have a similar meta again.